August 21, 2014 | 978 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Sweden121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hated it. Looked unnatural and cakey. Horrible coverage for acne and roseacea. The colors are really wierd, none of them matched me. Doesn't blend well at all. Just don't buy it. Please don't. The concept was nice, but it doesnt work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by sweetpeakc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this from QVC as part of a package with the application brush and foundation. I really like this product. It gives full coverage, is easy to apply and doesn't dry out my skin. They say it's 12 hour coverage and it really does last that long, or longer, so make sure to wash it off before bed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

Been using this founation for a few weeks now and I love it. I like the fact that it's medium to full coverage depending on how much product you use. The consistancey is thick but still easy to blend. The packaging is nice also, I like that it's in a tube and you sqeeze the prodict out. I squeeze onto my finger and dap all over my face. Coverage is medium to full and lasts all day even in hot humid weather. No breakouts as well:) For reference I got the color Tan-Deep Sand with yellow undertones. I'm a NC42 in MAC.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by majesticax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this foundation, however I know everyone has different feelings towards this so I will just post my own.
First off, it does a horrible job at hiding my acne and acne scars. Being a full coverages foundation, I had high hopes for this.
Second off, it made me look cakey no matter how I applied it: with my fingers, a sponge, a brush, you name it. I just couldn't get this product to agree with me.
Third, and worst of all, it broke me out. :( HOWEVER, the colour match is wonderful and I love how its cruelty free and vegan. I would recommend this to other people, but I'll continue on my search for my HG foundation

UPDATE: oh my goodness, I ADORE this foundation! IGNORE THE TOP PART, CLEARLY I DID NOT KNOW WHAT I WAS SPEAKING OF!!!!!

Okay lovelies, I admit, I was wrong about this foundation by a bajillion times. Now, I figured out how to make it work with my acne. Although it does feel slightly heavy on my skin, it does not look cakey at all, nor does it show my breakouts, I don't even need concealer to cover my problem areas anymore! Thank you so much, Tarte! Thank you thank you thank you! Definitely the best foundation I've ever used so far

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by BlownCobraGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only foundation I have repurchased three times in a row. I'm a bit of a junky when it comes to hoarding high end foundations; Chanel, Nars, Givenchy, Laura Mercier, and the list goes on. I have an obscene amount of different foundations and they are all medium to full coverage. This is a full coverage foundation, but very buildable. I use a UDPP face primer before I apply this with a flat top brush and buff it in. If there is any dryness, this foundation accentuates it, so a good moisturizer is important. I set it with a Laura Mercier powder and the result is seriously matte and flawless skin. I never even open my concealer anymore. I can really appreciate the yellowish undertones of this foundation, it evens out redness. I would buy it again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by hannnzyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Picked this up at Sephora before summer began as I needed a liquid foundation that would keep me matte. I was told by a beauty professional that this would go great with my skin type. The first time I used it, I loved it! I thought it gave me great coverage where I needed it. As the day went on, I found that it created new dry patches all over my face and the foundation clung to those spots! It dried my face out so much I couldn't wear face makeup for a week! Do NOT buy if you have sensitive and combo or dry skin!!!! It was also hard to blend it, I'm guessing because if the clay formula. Very disappointing for the price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by panda126

I used Tarte's BB Cream for a while and decided that it was time to give this foundation a try. I really enjoy it! I have super oily-teenage skin and this does a pretty good job at controlling that with a setting powder. I'm in the lightest shade which is a little but too light but it still blends nicely so you can't tell plus with winter coming up it should be perfect! It is a little pricey but you get 1.7 ounces which is almost twice as much as you get with a normal foundation. The packaging is super convenient and easy to travel with. Overall I'm really impressed! I will definitely be purchasing this again

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Beebee66

This product is absolutely amazing! I have a combination of both super oily skin in the summer and really dry flakey skin in the winter. This foundation is great, it gives you a matte/almost dewy finish without looking cakey on dry skin. It does feel very light and does make my face look flawless. The only issue I had was the girl at Sephora didn't match me correctly, it was a few shades darker but I just returned it and took home a few sample shades to see which I liked better. It does oxidize so be careful when selecting your shade! Other than that absolutely adore it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMaven94

Hit or miss with this product. The things I love about it are that it has less harsh ingredients than most foundations, it's vegan, it feels light and creamy, it really IS full coverage, and it has no weird odor to speak of. Things I did not like: T-zone got seriously greasy and makeup smeared on and around nose, caked a bit after a few hours wear and made pores more visible, and unless you have the oiliest skin ever, DON'T EVER USE SETTING POWDER ANYWHERE BUT YOUR T-ZONE! I used it under my eyes and a bit on my cheeks and it dried out and caked up. I looked like a hot damned mess. But when I just applied the product and powdered my nose ONLY, the product was fine. Just the same oily t-zone issues as mentioned earlier. Loved that I did not need Concealer! Has not broken me out yet but I shall keep you abreast of any further developments...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved how this looked on me when I had a makeover done at Sephora, so I got a sample of it in Light/Medium. It was a perfect match, had great coverage while still managing to look like my skin. And just the tiniest amount is needed since it is so creamy. However, after a couple of hours I was a shiny mess, and it had oxidized to a more orange color. Even after blotting it just did not look good anymore. Kept trying to get it to work because I so wanted to like this, as I love the tinted moisurizer, but I will have to pass on this one.