April 19, 2014 | 980 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by purplepolkadots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Dont believe the hype would be the words I would use for this product. Its really clumpy on my lashes and makes them look spidery, everytime I wore this mascara the clumps ended up going into my eyes. I have tried loads of different mascaras from highend to drugstore and I most certainly will be sticking to my drugstore offerings primarily maybelline and maxfactor. They're real in my opinion is awful and it really did not work for me, I would never purchase again

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Naffy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best mascara I have used. I am not sure if it is the wand or the formula but I love the way my eyelashes look after apply just 1 coat. It is a bit pricey but at least it works for me. I have tried the benefit badgal and this is far better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by qhqy

I personally wouldn't buy high end mascaras as you have to chuck them out after a few months. I got this in the sample size. Nice unique brush, the formula is quite wet but my eyelashes hold it's curl. My eyelashes are so long after I use this but I think I can find a dupe at the drugstore. I wouldn't spend so much on mascara and won't be purchasing the full size

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got it as a birthday gift at Sephora (mini size). At first I wasn't not a fan as I love my Dior mascara (have been using it for years).. until I run out of my Dior and bought Maybelline Rocket Volume (and it was horrible!). So I tried Benefit They're Real again and I like it. Much better than Maybelline..
I love the fact that this mascara does not flake but the product clumps up at the tip of the applicator, and is expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by shivanisud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I worked in cosmetics for a year and received a sample of this. I've tried a lot of mascaras but never had one that really stood out. My lashes are pretty long so I had always thought that any old mascara will do. However, this is the first mascara where I noticed a big difference in my lashes! They always make my lashes look extra extra long! Sometimes too long and I feel like it's inappropriate for daytime use haha I like the brush because it really clings to my lashes. I wonder why it doesn't have better reviews? I really liked it! 5 stars for me. You should just get one at Macy's and try it and if you don't like, return it! Haha :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Packaging:
I'm just gonna put this out there already: I pretty much love all of Benefit Cosmetics' packaging.

Price:
This mascara was really an impulse buy for me. I honestly feel that this is very pricey for a mascara.

Texture:
Creamy right from the get go. Obviously it gets thicker as time passes by.

Smell:
None

Pros:
-You can get away with not using an eyelash curler
-Great color
-Doesn't flake
-Hard to get off (It's a pro and a con)
-Definitely gives you the volume

Cons:
-Sooooo pricey!
-The product clumps up at the very tip of the applicator.

Comments/Impressions:
I love this mascara. I would definitely say it's worth the price, but no matter how much I think about it, it's still quite expensive! Luckily though, I got the 2 for 1 set where it came with 1 full size and 1 travel size mascara for the same price as 1 full size one! Like I said above, it didn't flake on me and stood its ground whenever I teared up or anything. I usually don't use a lash curler and with the right techniques, you can get your desired volume with this. I just hate how the tip gets so full of product! I'm the type of person who cringes when people rub the tip into the bottle. I feel like it's a waste of the product. It starts off creamy already so you don't have to worry about it being too liquidy. However it gets better as time passes by. Right now my mascara is at that perfect point where it's creamy yet stiff so it gives you that hold without waiting forever for it to dry.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Allioopz

This mascara made me switch to high end mascara after using it. I thought the cheap was just as good but was wrong once i tried this bad boy. It separates, and lengthens my lashes as close to perfectly as ill probably ever get. Very dark pigmented which is great. A+

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by girlgeniuss

I used to think drugstore mascaras were the same as high end, until I found myself using 6 different bottles just to achieve full lashes. I bought this on a whim and after a couple of days, I threw out every other mascara I had used prior. I agree that it's not for everyone, but I have very thin and minimal lashes and for me this thing works miracles. It doesn't quite fake the look of false lashes but they definitely look alive and full after just a few strokes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Hunnikins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I will be buying this one again. It's one of the few that's complimented and worked really well with my lashes. They are naturally very long so what I need is a good thickener and this works very well for me. They really do look like nice full lashes when I use this mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Andiec100

They're real alright... Really clumpy after you've used this product on your lashes! I have long lashes and thought this would help to give them some volume but the product just clumps, lashes felt wet and sticky, I couldn't last one day with it, had to take it off there and then. Wish I had tried on before I purchased. For the price it is definitely not worth the money, can think of so many other high street brands that do a much better job.