August 23, 2014 | 1071 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

I usually love benefit products but not this one. The wand is spiky and difficult to work with. This makes my eyelashes flat and chunky, like spider legs. Terrible product, cheaper products do a better job. Dont bother curling your eyelashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by becca352

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this mascara, but it did not hold my curl, which is a deal breaker for me. If I apply it over my waterproof full n soft, it looks great, very dramatic. But on its own, it immediately makes my lashes stick straight. For the price, I feel like I shouldn't have to purchase a separate mascara to hold my curl. It should do it all on its own. For that reason, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very doubtful that this mascara could make my lashes look like falsies since I have straight Asian lashes that are somewhat sparse. I must say though I do really enjoy this product.

Pros: Lengthens AND volumizes my lashes which are hard to find for me for some strange reason. Does not smudge or flake on me. It makes my lashes look very black. I feel like I can add up to three coats without it looking clumpy.

Cons: The bristles kind of hurt if you're not careful! So it's hard sometimes to reach from the root of the lashes cus it hurts. Lastly, it doesn't hold a curl as well as I would like.

I saw that the most helpful review mentioned how the bristles seemed to take couple of her lashes each time she used it. I have not noticed that when I apply but I always use Dior Maximizer Lash Plumping serum when using mascara so maybe that's why?

I would give it a five star if the bristles weren't painful and if it can hold a curl better. I may repurchase but I am still looking for a perfect mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

No problems with the packaging, wand or formula, at least initially. But I have oily lids and this smudged and smeared (as most mascara as do on me). The search for my HG continues. This isn't it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by kimmcma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My HG mascara. Love this so much not only because it stays on forever and does not flake at all, but because it makes my lashes look a mile long!! Cannot say enough great things about this! On my 5th tube!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by normafleming2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best mascara ever. My lashes are long, but not thick. This mascara lengthens more than it thickens but I still love it. Its super easy to put on, no need to de-clump, lashes stay curled all day, and it doesnt flake. Comes off easy too. What else can you ask for??? Oh, maybe a cheaper price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by pinkgirrl12

best mascara ever! I'm a mascara Junkie and literally go through a mascara in 3 weeks. decided to purchase this and LOVE it length and volume and everything I still use drugstore mascaras because this one is too good to use as much as I do, so start off with they're real and apply another type. amazing deffinatly worth the money

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Candace716

so far I am really liking this mascara. I was hesitant to buy it because of the mixed reviews so I bought the travel size. I love how it makes my lashes look and it doesn't bother my eyes when I wear contacts. I haven't experienced smudging or flaking. I will probably purchase the regular size when my travel size runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Barbara18

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought I'd post my opinion, as today this was voted top mascara in today's Sunday Times Style Awards. It's a great product, but not necessarily perfect for all of us, in my view.

I got my hands on this baby pretty much as soon as it launched, as the buzz going round my daughter's friends was that this really was an amazing mascara, so we got one each.

On me, this mascara is just far too fibre-laden. I end up putting it on, then taking off the "bits" with a cotton bud. I'm not sure if its because of the type of lashes I have (short-ish, but fairly thick), or if its because I don't feel the look is right for me.

On my 24 year old daughter, who has thick long lashes to start with, the product looks nothing less than spectacular. She looks like she has false lashes on, and its certainly a lot less bother than all that glueing carry-on.

So, it's my daughter's must-have, but not the one for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by maria91

I received this as a sample, and I must say it's quite nice. Certainly not the best I've tried, but above average. I find that when I apply it to my curled lashes it separates them and volumizes them, but it can't hold the curl, while others can. If you like this, I'd recommend Maybelline's Colossal Volume mascara, it does the same thing AND hold the curl, and at half the price!

Overall it's quite nice, but I wouldn't pay the full price for it because I think that there are equally good or even better mascaras which are cheaper.