Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

on 10/1/2012 12:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my favourite mascara of all time! I don't know how they do it, but Maybelline has managed to make three mascaras that I love (falsies flared, great big lash, fiber extensions)! This ACTUALLY does what it says, and makes my naturally thick-but-short lashes long and full and gorgeous! I stopped wearing so much eyeliner cause it opens my eyes so well! Lasts all day even though it isn't waterproof!

However, I only like the falsies FLARED. The other falsies with the spoon brush clump easily and don't do the job right! SO if you decide to buy this awesome product, be sure it is the flared because it is the one I swear by!

on 9/28/2012 5:17:00 PM

I love this for an everyday look. Lengthens and volumizes. Doesn't clump either! I apply two coats and it looks great. Very quick and easy to use doesn't require using a lash curler. I have tried many high end mascaras and this works just as well and for much cheaper. I don't particularly like how the brush bends but it's not that big of a deal. Will repurchase when i finish.
edit: had to reduce my overall rating because while I do like how this initially makes my lashes look, I've noticed that only a few hours into wear time it starts getting really dry and flaky and by the end of the day my lashes are a mess. Would only repurchase if I didn't have anything better on hand.

on 9/27/2012 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

cant live without this, perfect for everyday, love love love this, big fan of Maybelline. With a cheap price, should spend money for this:)))))))

on 9/27/2012 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have no clue how this mascara has so many terrible reviews! I am a mascara junkie and am always searching for the perfect mix of length, volume, and separation. This mascara is comparable to one of my all time favorites: Lancome Lash Definicils. If you are a fan of that, try this. This mascara does, however, give far more volume than my Lancome ever did. I am loving this mascara and find that it lasts all day.

on 9/26/2012 10:46:00 PM

This mascara isn't one of my all time favourites but it does do it's job and stays on throughout the day. However i do think it is a bit dry and flaky compared to other mascara's, but i wouldn't go back and buy another bottle.

on 9/25/2012 3:53:00 PM

Ok so I don't like this formula because it dries too fast, flakes really easily and doesn't seem to actually improve length of lashes. It doesn't clump very much but it does a little and the brush is really hard to use. Not really worth the seven bucks you pay for it.

on 9/24/2012 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tried Maybelline's Falsies last year but didn't like the formulation. Gave it another shot this year by trying out Falsies Flared and I still don't like it. Formula dries too fast, flakes by mid-day, and the wand is tricky to use.

on 9/19/2012 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

So many flakes. Its also hard for me to add another layer because of all the flakes. They get in my eye and its Burns ALOT! this didn't happen with my classic volume express. This also clumps a lot. My lashes are already naturally curly and its difficult to apply mascara. The bush does a good job at making application s bit easier. But the burning sensation i got from this was just too irritating. I also don't like how the bush applies top much product. I have to wipe off alot of the side but i feel like it just makes the mascara dry faster. Its really sad because i like how my lashes look with this....

on 9/18/2012 10:12:00 AM

This product was just ok. Luckily I bought it on sale for 4.50$ a tube instead of 9$. It is definitely not worth 9$.

Pros:
-The brush is actually quite good. It helps to achieve feathery slightly flared lashes
-minimal smudging

Cons:
-VERY dry formula that dries VERY quickly
-formula dries very quickly so if you try to layer it gets clumpy
-flakes!!
-hard to get a nice even layer from root to tip
-not very volumizing

This mascara is fine for everyday I suppose. I didn't notice much in the lengthening or curling department but i don't think it claims to either. You have to work fast when applying this product otherwise you'll get lumps and clumps, and flakes all over the place. This will not help you achieve a dramatic look unless you're lucky enough to be endowed with fantastic lashes already.

on 9/14/2012 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

tested this on one eye vs maybelline mega plush on the other. read my review if you want to hear about that, but I'll review falsies flared here as well. it does open your eye up, and flares at the end if you want it to. but I want thick thick thick lashes and what this does is it coats every lash in a triangular way, so from afar you see many lashes, and when it's dried you do feel every seperated lash. has great curl if you're looking for that. was hard to apply evenly on the bottoms. also falsies flared should be called falsies flakes. flakes and flakes and flakes from this mascara. I really hate that. mega plush has 0 fallout. mega plush may beat lash blast as my favorite mascara. :) falsies flared is definitely never going to be used by me again. there are three versions of falsies, I tried the flared obviously, I actually would like to try the thickening version. there's like an image of a net on it. so interested! but falsies flared is out of here. also when I cried, ALL of this mascara disappeared. and that is the correct word! because I didn't even realize until I was finished cleaning my face. maybelline is just trying to make money on random crapscaras like this. get mega plush if you want heavy from thickness lashes. ironically, falsies flared looks pretty natural to me.