April 19, 2014 | 1361 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum Express The Falsies Flared

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by dibbun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

What a nice surprise!
I accidentally grabbed the non waterproof version of this (I normally buy only waterproof as I have oily monolids). Being much too lazy to exchange it I gave it a chance and did not have high expectations in the beginning (bias...anyway). The brush is good in that it distributes without clumping and gets every lash. It did not seem to be so much lengthening as thickening, like others have said, so I layer Black Drama over it. No smudging, super long, thick lashes that don't budge through the whole day and stay curled. I do use cluster clashes on a daily basis, and with these two combined they blend in for an extra oomph - so in all fairness, they hold their own against falsies.
I've used Black Drama (WP) and liked it very much, while intensely disliking the other formula for it's flaking and smudging. The other tubes I've gotten of BD required a week or so of "drying out" until they didn't budge and applied perfectly. But when layered over Falsies Flared it goes on great every time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This isn't *the* perfect, ultimate HG mascara, but it's pretty darn close.
I have short, thick, straight eyelashes (I'm Asian). I'm not one of those mascara-obsessed people, but recently I've been on the hunt for a black waterproof drugstore mascara that can hold a curl and give my lashes lots of length and definition as well as a little volume without clumping. And, ladies and gents, I think I just found it.
I actually didn't have high expectations for this mascara. I thought the original Falsies was pretty good, so I didn't think this one could top it, since originals always seem to be better than versions of originals. But actually, Falsies Flared beats Falsies by far!
After 5 coats (due to the nature of my eyelashes, I need a lot of coats in order for any mascara to be effective), my lashes were wowzers! The first two coats gave me gorgeous, incredibly long, natural-looking eyelashes that looked like I wasn't wearing any mascara at all. I could've stopped there, but I didn't. The next two coats gave me that oomph and volume. It didn't give me showstopping volume, but sufficient volume as my lashes are naturally thick. The final coat gave definition and got rid of any minor clumps.
Then I curled my eyelashes, and I got such gorgeous eyelashes that were long and just so pretty overall!
Then I added one coat of the original Falsies, and WHA-POW!!!!!!!! Dayummm, who knew what a difference one coat of another mascara could make? One coat of that stuff and it gave me all the volume that Falsies Flared was missing out on without any additional clumps. Granted, I originally wasn't looking for any major volume (only a little), but now that I have it, why not keep it? I was gonna throw out the Falsies, but I'm def keeping it now! (:<
Dare I say that Falsies Flared is my HG? Maybe, just maybe.
But seriously, for just $7, you can't go wrong. This mascara is better than any of those high-end mascaras that are supposedly "better".
Would I repurchase? FO SHO.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This gave my lashes volume and flare despite a few clumps that I worked out. I'm sure the impact would have been even more profound if I'd taken the time to curl my lashes. I wouldn't purchase this again simply because there are so many more mascaras I'd like to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by LilEdie

This is my new everyday mascara FOREVER!

Went from L'Oreal Lash Out to Bobbi Brown Party Mascara to Maybelline Volume Express, until I found this one, that is!

My cousin had this on during the holidays & I literally thought she was wearing strip lashes b/c her lashes looked so amazing.

Tried it for myself & while you always have to let a mascara "thicken" for about a week when you first start using it before it really does the trick, this mascara does wonders for my eyes.

I take the wand out once, go back & forth between each side 3 times while they're still wet, then dip it in once again & give a final layer to each side & my lashes look amazing.

I wear black liquid liner, but work at a conservative job, so while I like that retro look, strip lashes for day would be way too much for me. This mascara gives me the best of both worlds - retro glam for every day...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Barbie298231

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara has a somewhat fatter brush than the original Maybelline Falsies mascara. I love this mascara anyway, it gives me very volume plumped lashes that don't flake easily which is what I've been looking for. It maintains a curl and lasts a long time...I love the little wings on the container, its so cute. I'd buy this mascara again and I'd recommend this to a friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by riceandbeauty

I love all Flasies mascara but this has to be my favorite! My eye lashes aren't that great and they don't like to curl, but falsies makes me look like I've got decently long and full eye lashes. My lashes look thick and it even looks great when I only use the mascara and no eyeliner. If you're looking for something to give you full lashes, try this out (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by LipstickLil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best mascara I have ever found, and I have tried literally dozens, both high and low end, over the years. I picked it up purely on a whim as I used to love Full'n'Soft, now unavailable in the UK, and Boots does not sell Definicils. For information, I have medium length, fine eyelashes. The brush does always need wiping, and I coat the top of my upper lashes once as well as the undersides. I brush up several times, redip the wand and apply another coat. The result is just amazing - I actually cannot believe it! My eyelashes get volume, length and that curved upwards look, all fanned out. They really do look almost like false eyelashes, but in a good way false - like my own eyelashes have improved ten-fold. If I hadn't tried this, i would never have believed it! No clumping, or smearing or migration, lasts all day and comes off with warm water. Will never buy anything else again and can't mark it too highly. Best beauty product I have found in a long time! :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by iamcrayon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know if it's just my sensitive nose but this stuff smells weird! It kind of smells like flowers, specifically roses. When I first purchased this last year I honestly thought I had a defected one because of the cut in the wand, so I tried it and didn't like it so I threw it away. Now, a year later, I decided to give it another shot and repurchased it. Surprisingly the cut in the wand was NOT a defect, silly me. I still didn't like the smell and it does absolutely nothing for my lashes. This stuff can't hold a curl if it's life depended on it. As soon as I apply it on it quickly weighs down my lashes and has them fall flat.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by velvetsnow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Grey

I LOVE THIS MASCARA. It has beat out my YSL faux cils, DiorShow blackout, AND Benefit BadGal lash.

I always get the prettiest curl and my lashes really do "flare" out! My lashes are also separate, thicken, and are defined. I put on one coat of this when I'm in a hurry with my m/u and I don't do anything else with my eyes because this is enough!

It is a bit wet when you first get it, but keep using it and it gets SO much better!

HG status!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2012 7:32:00 AM More reviews by kiki005us

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

ok. So I bought this after a couple of youtube gurus I was watching raved about it. I tried it and the formula seems a little too clumpy for me, and I didn't like the fact that it flaked a bit. I am going to give it one more go after reading a fellow reviewer's tip not to use more than two coats to avoid spidery lashes..if that doesn't work, back to the store it goes.