April 16, 2014 | 1931 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - 8-pan Palette "Comfort Zone"

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by EmmaLouise18

The reason I bought this was because of some beauty gurus on YouTube who raved about the quality of these shadows. So I bought it for around five dollars and was so pleased with the results. The colors are very creamy and soft, and just a joy to apply. They do have a lot of fallout so you need to be careful to tap off the excess on your brush before applying to your lids. I love the rose gold color and the lighter brown. I use the dark brown as a liner with an angled brush. The top right color is a pretty taupe that looks nice all over the lid instead of on the browbone. I don't use the green or the darker black green much. But the bottom right blue-brown duo-chrome color is so pretty. I get so many compliments when I wear it. I definitely need a primer with these-as with all shadows. Overall this is something that I reach for at least once or twice a week.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by adrianna114

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this, because the quality among the eyeshadows that come in this varies a lot. The golden eyelid shade is amazing and buttery-soft and pigmented, but some of the others were just okay or even a little chalky. Also, the "blue" looking shadow in the bottom right turns out brown when you actually put it on. Not that the packaging really affects the product that much but it has a lot of stickers on it holding it closed and leaves ugly residue when you take them off to open it. Also, if you buy it, don't take the labels on the individual eyeshadows about where to put them too seriously. I came up with some good looks that didn't follow what the shadows were labeled. For example I used the browbone in the top right as a lid color because it didn't look good as a browbone color.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by redlipstick47

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very surprised with the quality of this product. I am very pleased with the pigmentation and it wore on my first try for at least 9 hours without creasing or much oxidizing over a primer. Would repurchase this. I especially like the brown/green duochrome in the lower right hand corner of this palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

I love this palette! I have had it for a year, and still have a ton left. I reach for this over my more expensive shadows at least twice a week. Great value, awesome pigmentation, love love love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ItsAnotherUsernameYay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

-Very Pigmented
-Creamy
-Not powdery
-Beautiful colors
-Only 5 bucks
-So many different possible looks
-LOVE IT

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by loverlover1328

No creasing even without eye primer. Incredible.

Love love love this palette - it is one of the top palettes of this year as rated by a few bloggers and that is why I bought it originally - I can tell this is going to be a palette that I use consistently!

Shades are very pigmented, buttery soft, easy to apply and blend, and actually stick to the eyelid really well. I have used them today without primer and they stick really well - both to eyelid and blend well with each other. Fallout is minimal to none!
Finish on all of them is the same, it is a satiny finish, and the darker shades have a tiny bit of gold miniscule glitter which barely shows unless you pack it on.
Left side is neutral and the right side has green.

As far as the shades go, they are seriously incredible but you can't judge the colour by the pan because they will come out quite different on your eye. Not a bad thing, just that the colour has depth which doesn't show up when you look at it. For example, the left eyelid colour looks like a standard pale peachy pink but on the eye it is a gorgeous golden apricot which really reflects! Also, the left crease colour looks like a pale taupe but on the eye it is a warm brown with gold highlight. Strangely the left definer colour looks burgundy in the pan but on my eye lid it shows a deep moss slate grey colour.

What is also cute about these, which you will find with most if not all Wet n Wild palettes is the description which is embossed into the shadow i.e. crease, eyelid etc. It is a little hint of how to use them although you can use shadows however and wherever you like! But if you are unsure, then Wet n Wild provides the key. Also printed on the sticker on the back with a handy diagram of an eye so you know which parts of the eye they are referring to.

All in all this is one palette you will not regret purchasing and all colours are gorgeous, easy to wear, and have some complexity to them.

p.s. I have given 3 lippies for packaging because it is a little cheap feeling, plastic. I am being really careful with it so I don't break the lid. Wet n Wild do not waste your money on packaging! Dirt cheap!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60, BeneFit Champagne, Bobbi Brown #4, MUFE Sand/Desert
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by candicenicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a neutral kind of gal. I wear a lot of browns and creamy colors because frankly, they look better on me than any other shade. So when I saw this palette, I reallllllly wanted it. I passed it up so many times until I saw one of the beauty gurus I follow on youtube do a dupe video and this had so many dupes for high end shadows so I "splurged" and by splurged I mean, purchased it when I told myself no eyeshadows for 2 months. Oops. Hey, I justified it with knowing these colors are perfect for fall! You can easily create a daytime look or a super dark sexy nighttime look. I'm a big fan of the WNW trios so this naturally had to be added to my collection. Definitely would repurchase. Smooth colors, and you get a lot of bang for your buck. I got this for 4.75 at my local WalMart - for 8 shadows, that's unheard of!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

PROS: The price is amazing (barely a few $) and you get 8 very buttery, intensely pigmented e/s. Most of these are in the neutral / taupe / brown range, which makes it handy for people who like natural colors. I cannot rave enough about the formula, it's sooo soft and you only need a little bit for your whole lid. This palette will last you a long time!

CONS: Frost galore. All the colors were frosty and not a single one was in the satin or matte range, which... is fun if you like frost e/s but not great if you're a fan of mattes / more natural finish e/s. I personally find the finish unflattering on my oily lids because they actually look oily / sheen-y with the eyeshadow on. I ended up not reaching for this palette at all after I bought it because I just wasn't a fan of how shiny the colors were, so I eventually gave it to my mother. Also, due to how soft the e/s are, they are prone to breaking so treat this palette with care!

Overall, great formula and colors, not great for people who don't like shimmery e/s or neutrals. I'd give this a 3.5 if I could.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by cjsmommasan

I am a makeup snob. I have always stuck my nose up and walked right past WNW at the drugstore.

I have been oh so wrong. First, the fact that the products are cruelty free is a big deal to me. Second, for the price and quality you can't go wrong.

This palette is just gorgeous. I wanted to try MAC's blue brown pigment when I saw that one of the colors was an exact duplicate. It is, side by side you can not distinguish them. The neutrals create a beautiful daytime smoky eye. Heavily pigmented, a little goes a long way.

Best $5 I have spent in a long time. I have changed my mind about this brand and will be checking out more of the products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by leoisillon

So I had purchased this a while back and loved it. It has awesome neutral colors that you can wear everyday and then some more dramatic neutrals in green and dark browns. For the price you really can't go wrong. I mostly wear the left side of the pallete for work almost each week. I had a moment when I was being an ignoramus and threw away all my makeup and only used my Mary Kay products (I was a consultant for a mintue). Once I came back to reality I immediately went to the store to replensih this product as I love it so much.