Revlon Revlon PhotoReady Stick Concealer SPF 20

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), Titanium Dioxide (7.5%), Zinc Oxide (2.45%) Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Polyethylene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyisobutene, Paraffin, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ozokerite, Boron Nitrate, Kaolin, Sorbitan Trioleate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Trisiloxane, Isostearyl Behenate, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Bis Isobutyl PPG 20 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Silica, Triethyl Citrate, Isopropyl Titanium Trisostearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

I saw emilynoel83's video on her rave about this concealer. I thought about it for about 2 weeks when I was in my local CVS and saw it and purchased it. The next day I tried it and OMG it was the worse concealer ever. It is creamy which is always a plus. (for me). It was also thick so it caked up a lot under my eyes. It had no coverage for my mild under eye or tiny blemishes I have. I ended up returning it. (if I don't like it, it goes back.) the packaging is not the best or the worst. I like its retractable but also is not sanitary. it also builds up in the cap. I didn't like it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using this concealer shade 002 for about a month now, and it is my go-to concealer to even out my skin-tone. I have dry skin,

I have found the concealer to be thick and creamy consistency, yellow based (as opposed to pink based), and easy to use. I have very dry skin under my eyes and so I use a moisturiser as a primer before I apply (Cetaphil Moisturiser) and the creamy texture of the concealer glides on perfectly. I'm not sure if this concealer would work so well with oily skin-tones as it is definitely not waterproof, so would probably have a tendency to slide.

Many people complain about the lipstick container concept, but it makes it very easy to use. I like to use the concealer with my fingers, and dab the stick with my finger instead of applying the stick directly to my face - I find this helps to apply the consistency you want much easier than a brush or applying directly, allowing you to build layers.

As I said, I use it to even out my skin tone meaning scars or pink spots. It does not fare too well covering certain types of blemishes as like so many other stick concealers it can looks very painted on if you need to apply several layers to get all angles of the blemish (say, if you pop a pimple and it goes wrong - not that you would..). Don't get me wrong, on an un-popped pimple say, you will only need one layer as the formula is thick and it will cover it perfectly.

However, I would NOT recommend applying this concealer for under eye circles if you have any lines. I am only 22, but I do have one small line under my eyes and even with a very thin layer it seems to leave where I actually placed it and gravitate into the crease. In addition, in order to get the right shade (I need to purchase shade 001 next time for my under eye area) I apply a very thin layer of powder (I use Covergirl translucent pressed powder) and with the powder it suddenly turns into a caked on mess.

In Summary,

I give Revlon PhotoReady concealer 4/5 - great for evening skin tone, good for covering pimples, and only recommended for under eyes if you have any fine lines.

The price I gave 4/5 as it was $25 at Target. Now, that is a fair amount of money for such a small amount of concealer but it would last a very long time - definitely a worthwhile upgrade from $10 drugstore concealers.

The packaging I gave 4/5 - very ease to use, you get your value for money as you can use the entire tube which is more than I can say for the twisty bottom concealers as of late.

I would definitely buy this concealer again.

Really easy to blend, good coverage for the undereye not so much for blemishes though but perfect for those under eye circles :)

This is a very good concealer for a drugstore product. It glides on pretty smoothly and easy to blend in. I would say medium coverage. Overall a pretty good product and I would reccomend it

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm impressed by this. I needed something to cover the red in the center of my face. This has the right amount of coverage and a reasonably matte finish so it doesn't draw attention to the areas. Plus the 001 Fair is actually light enough to match my skin tone, so I can use this under my eyes without creating dark circles. I do need to moisturize carefully before using it, though.

I actually almost hate this product. The only reason I keep it around is because I'm seriously too lazy to go out and find a new concealer. It is extremely cakey. I've tried using it very lightly. I've tried patting it on with my finger, using a brush, warming it up on my hand first -- NADA. I have a few blemishes on my chin and it makes them look incredibly crusty. I don't understand how my skin is oily, but this can make it look bone dry. I would not repurchase or recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Really, really wanted to love this product. I love revlon, love their foundations and many other products, and after seeing DulceCandy87 hype this up on her YouTube channel I had to have it. I used it a few times (mind you I have very oily skin) and it dried out my undereye area so bad, did not have any coverage for my mild undereye circles, and look patchy on the skin after a few hours. Application is wonderful and makes you feel as if its going to be a great product, but after a few hours it looks bad, looks like bald patches under the eyes, just not good. I tried to use this in many different ways to see if I could fix the problem and nothing worked. Basically using it as a eyebrow highlight since it is so drying. And when the whole patchy looking effect happened to me I looked it up and noticed it happened to others as well, including GlamLifeGuru on YouTube. Not impressed and so bummed.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was in the search for a good concealer to use from the drugstore and based on the reviews on this concealer, I decided to give it a try. I bought this at target for about maybe $9-11 about a year ago in the second lightest shade Light Pale. Long story short, i absolutely LOVE this concealer!

I actually don't wear much foundation; most of the time i wear a BB cream, and most BB creams don't have full coverage so I like to apply concealer on the areas that need more coverage. It does a really amazing job at covering redness and reducing the appearance of acne scars. I'll be honest and say it doesn't make my dark marks look like they've completely disappeared; you can still see a slight trace of them but only if you look close enough.

I'm quite pale but not super pale. i'm not light enough to be the lightest shade but the second lightest shade is usually just right for me (this is also my guide to finding my right shade of foundation at the drugstore and it hasn't let me down yet! ^_^ ) And I have a neutral undertone. The Light Pale shade i use is a really good match for my skin.

My skin is also quite dry but this concealer just glides on my skin and blends out so well. I RARELY ever get oily, maybe during summer but even then my skin doesn't produce much oil. But this concealer is so creamy that i HAVE to set it with powder. I don't mind doing this since it doesn't make my face look cakey or anything but i thought i'd just let you know. My skin is also acne prone and this has never made me brake out.

My only complaint with this concealer is the fact that it's not that great for covering dark circles. My dark circles are HORRENDOUS and this doesn't do much to cover them so I do have to use a separate concealer for this. (which i have yet to find a good one)

Anyways, I adore this concealer and would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is an average concealer. I bought it because Emilynoel83 on youtube raves about this, she said it is one of the best stick concealers at the drugstore. It has sparkles in it which I hate and it seems dry to me. I have a bunch of other concealers that I keep rotating and every time I use this I feel like it accentuates dry skin and I donít have this problem with any other concealer that I own. I like to use it under my brow bone to highlight but it really accentuates the ingrown hair and it balls up around it, so gross. I will try to finish it up but will not buy it again. I feel like there are better concealer out there at this price point. If you are planning to buy this, be aware that it has sparkle and it is not very creamy.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

In one word this drugstore concealer is average.
The reason I have reviewed this product with only 3 stars is because of its staying power and how it blends. Bit strange.. but I feel that it is too easy to blend this product in so it barely covers anything. The staying power of this product isn't very long at all! I come home from work and there is no trace of it on my face. It lasts maybe 2-3 hours, but if you're active/in the heat I doubt it'll stay on that long at all.

I do really love the tube, it's so easy to use it under your eyes and the packaging does mean that it is very easy to apply almost anywhere on the go which almost makes up for the little staying power this product has.

The creamy texture is also great, and the product itself is very easy to blend with your fingers as it is with a brush, but like I said before you need to be careful to not blend it in tooo much otherwise it doesn't cover anything!

The product is well priced and overall the concealer in does do its job. Drugstore wise, it is better compared to the other products on the market, but compared to the higher end concealers - it definitely falls short.