July 31, 2014 | 2022 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by kandeefashion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this product is good but after all the hype on youtube i finally decided to get this.
    i got this in the shade BAMBOO
    it WAS NOTHING what was said about it.
    it was cakey on me.
    i had REALLY light blemishes
    and not even THIS foundation would cover them up.
    this foundation would make my pores even more visible.
    i barely have any blemishes.
    anyone wanting this product i would merrily give it to you.
    not the best foundation on me
    so No i wouldn't buy this again.
    it might work for some but not me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by koolkatie13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really love this foundation, but I have one gripe about it. It gives me a satin, natural-skin finish, with light-medium and buildable coverage. It really does look silky on the skin. Wear time is pretty good - it lasts a full school day for me, and it settles into the nasal-labial lines on my face slightly, but I get that with all foundations. I apply it with my fingers, because I think it looks the most natural this way. It does have a stronger cucumber fragrance, which may not be the best for more sensitive-skinned people. It feels very comfortable on my face.
    Now the one complaint - Maybelline, where are the yellow-toned shades? I've tried 325 and 320 so far, and both are too pink for me. 320 is a good lightness for my skin, but it's slightly too pink. It's not very noticeable, but noticeable enough for me to see. Being Asian, I have a hard time finding foundations that are yellow enough for me. If anyone knows a color in this range that would fit someone who's roughly an NC20 - NC25 and very yellow, please tell me! :)
    But otherwise, I really do like this. <3

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by MorganFaulkner

I don't like wearing foundation, but this one was light; I didn't even feel like I was wearing it. I have dark circles under my eyes, and 310 (Flax) was the perfect shade to cover them up. It doesn't even look like I'm wearing make-up.
    The turn off is that it is slight pricey. I work at a drugstore in a small town, and it cost $16.99. I don't use much at all, so it lasts a long time and is worth the investment.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by jtenopir88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Having very oily skin isn't that great to me, even though everyone tells me 'well at least you won't wrinkles when you get older'! I also have very acne prone skin too, so I'm always going from foundation to foundation looking for 1 that works for me. I tried this as soon as I saw it at Walmart and for the 1st couple of times I wore it, I liked it. But then I realized how porous I look with this on. I'm used to have to fix my makeup all day long, bc my oily skin is always making my makeup slide right off my face, but this was just greasy. I just don't like this foundation and hated that my pores show so bad. It does have a medium buildable coverage, which I liked and it didn't break me out. I'm giving this 3 lippies, bc even though it didn't work for me, it might work for someone that doesn't have big pores or oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by OjosVerdes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Although I was initially underwhelmed by this foundation, (it was an emergency replacement on a trip when I’d forgotten my regular foundation) I’ve found myself reaching for it consistently for the last six months, and decided it was finally time to publically affirm that it’s pretty alright. This “liquid silk foundation” wears and spreads just like a tinted moisturizer on my skin. The 230 Trembling Aspen is a great match for my NW20 skin. It is sheer, but is buildable and 2-3 layers give me full coverage in my problem areas. The finish is very nice – a silky, velvety second skin texture, which is semi-dewy and doesn’t highlight dry areas. The finish actually reminds me quite a bit of MUFE Face & Body foundation, although it doesn’t wear as well. (Although since it’s about a quarter of the price of the MUFE, I’m going to cut the Natureluxe some slack). Due to the light & dewy nature of this foundation, if you have oily skin or live in a hot climate, you’ll definitely need to set it with powder. I live in the desert and have pretty oily skin and while this doesn’t slip off my face, I do need to blot and powder a few times throughout the day, and definitely need to reapply before going out at night. It does last much longer in the cooler winter weather, however. I haven’t had any issues with breakouts or oxidation, and am not bothered by the smell, which is an herbal-cucumber scent. I was tempted to take off a star because it’s not longer-wearing, although it doesn’t claim to be, either. For a >$15 drugstore foundation, this one does a pretty good job on the right skin and in the right climate and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I went from love to hate with this foundation fairly quickly. It went on very smoothly and covered evenly. Had quite good coverage too, which surprised me. But it left my skin feeling greasy and came off very easily especially in warm weather. It doesn't say that it gives a matte finish, so I shouldn't be surprised that it left my skin shiny. I also broke out using this for a few days, but the breakouts did clear up after using this for a month. The color match was good, coverage good but didn't last. I won't buy again. The tube packaging was great though.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by ekent2013

I was initially excited for this foundation. Since Taylor Swift is the spokes person to this brand of Cover Girl I especially wanted to try it. I did my research and after a long 4 weeks of debate I talked myself into buying the Silk Foundation in Alabaster. Most foundations I use leave my skin looking like I am wearing foundation so I struggle to find that great cover I want.

However, with this foundation it gave me great coverage but it didn't last long. I wanted a foundation that would cover and it did that but it lasts for only a few hours. Another problem I had was that after a few weeks of using the Cover Girl NatureLuxe foundation I started to breakout. I thought I was just having a few breakouts so I cleaned my face more and when the breakouts continued I stopped using the foundation. My breakouts quickly cleared and I determined the problem was the foundation.

I won't be using this foundation again as my long term foundation. If I need foundation for a short time instead of the entire day once in a while I might use it but I won't ever use it regularly again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by HausofBellissima

I did love this at first, the color suited me perfectly. I have this in alabaster, the lightest shade. The smell did not bug me and it gave me the perfect cover-up I needed for my acne skin. But than, I noticed after a few days all these pimples, including cystic ones! This even broke my mother out, and I had to trash it. I did like it at first, it was silky and easy to apply. But the breakouts were too much for me to handle. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by sunkissed88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would use this foundation if they had the right shade for me. I'm so sad that they don't because it is such a great consistency, its really silky and makes my skin feel soft. It also gives good coverage-- like a light-medium coverage foundation. But this line is very pinky. Even the shades that look yellow oxidize to a pink. If they dont oxidize to a pink, they end up being way too dark and oxidize to brown :( I really love this line and wished they made shades that were yellower and didnt oxidize to pink or brown.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation oxidized on me within an hour. It's a terrible foundation. Don't buy it.