November 28, 2014 | 874 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl's website suggests TRUBLEND LIQUID MAKEUP as a replacement to this product

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by megieroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this foundation. It seemed like the perfect solution to these dry winter months. However, it accentuated dry skin flakes, pores and the fine lines around my eyes. Initally upon application however it was perfect, but as a few hours passed my face was oily and I had little red bumps all over my face.

This product has a great color match (for me anyways) and the smell wasn't too bad. The packaging wasn't fantastic but there are certainly worse out there.

This product also gave me some nasty pimples which also disappointed me. I used CG Aqua Smoothers when I was younger and they never broke me out and I had hoped this product wouldn't have either.

The hunt for the HG liquid foundation continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

It's very difficult for me to find a good foundation that's light enough to match my fair skin and cover acne blemishes. But then I saw Taylor Swift in the Cover Girl ad and decided, "Well, if it works for her, maybe it will work for me." I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this. It glides on as smooth as silk and is very buildable. The one disadvantage to this product is that it doesn't last very long in the summer. In hot weather, it tends to slide off after a few hours unless I use a primer underneath. But I am willing to accept the minor inconvenience because this foundation has such a great texture and color matches my skin so well. If Cover Girl would make a long-wearing version of this, then it would be perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by serbearr92

I bought this foundation when i was low on money, expecting it to be quite average in comparison to other foundations, as covergirl has never particularly agreed with me... BUT I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. It's the first foundation I have ever found that matches my skin tone perfectly, and has the perfect amount of coverage! This foundation along with my covergirl concealer and finishing powder has been the best foundation routine i have ever had, and I've always been a high end product girl, so it's a massive relief to find such a cheap alternative! As I live in Australia, I'm even more impressed that it deals with the heat quite well, and I haven't broken out since I got this :) Definitely buying again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by curlylocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim and it's turned out to be everything I ever wanted 'tinted moisturizer' to be. I recently re-discovered while on a ski trip and wanting just the basics.

I have combo skin with tendency to oily t zone but dry patches in winter, and a lot of pink undertones. I can put a little bit of this all over my face and not need a powder to set. It has great coverage without looking like you're wearing anything. Wears pretty decently, but if I want to look a little more finish, I add a second thin layer across my nose and cheeks (most pink prone).

I have tried countless tinted moisturizers to have on lighter makeup days (Laura Mercier, Boots, Stila) and have to say I'm happiest with the CG Natureluxe and for the price, an extra win. Just to mention, I have never been a CG fan, so this is an even bigger surprise to me. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by hannahgal143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product doesn't last long at all, even with a primer. It tends to look blotchy and orange throughout the day, and I've tried it in multiple shades. Also I've noticed I get lines from where I smile and they're super noticable and unattractive. I really wouldn't recommend this, but at least it didn't break me out like most drug store products do.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by eileenbean5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this today. I put it on for 5 minutes and MY FACE STARTED TO BURN. Nature, my butt.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by jamie00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought 305 a few months ago during the summer. When first applied it blends very well and looks flawless and natural. It turned orange and made me shiny and oily not long after that. I needed to keep blotting and reapplying powder so it lost a lot of the initial coverage. It was sort of disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by xradiance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've bought this twice now and I really like it! I was using BB cream but was finding it annoying having to buy on ebay every time. I think this is a good replacement for my Skin79 Hot Pink BB Cream. Alabaster is a perfect color for me and I like how it feels so light. It gives light to medium coverage. I have acne scars, redness, and the occasional spot to cover up. I usually have to use a separate concealer for any blemishes so if you want full coverage I don't recommend this product. I have combination skin, I look for a product that doesn't settle into any lines or emphasizes my pores or any flakiness. I think this foundation fits that description, but it does get a little oily after a while. I like it because it gives a nice dewy glow to my skin. I'll use Mineral Veil throughout the day to control any extra oil. If you have really oily skin you probably won't like this, but if you have combo to dry I suggest you give it a try! I wouldn't mind if it was a few dollars cheaper, but you can get Cover Girl coupons and deals all the time so you just have to time it right to get a good deal on this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by joph7355

So far so good! I tried this foundation when I received a sample in the mail. I am so cautiously optimistic about this product that I'm hoping I'm not let down. I tried the 320 Aspen color and it is a perfect match for me (very surprised as it is hard for me to find the right color match in foundations). I have just come off of 2 bad break out situations from foundations (First - Clinique Even Better Makeup and then - Tarte Amazonian Clay) that I have tried in the last 5 weeks.

I love not only how light feeling this foundation is but also the good coverage I receive from it. I have combination skin (very oily parts and then normal parts), and this product has lasted until the end of the day when I take it off. I'm sure my primer helps too. When I need a little extra coverage on a breakout, I just reach for some concealer. Perfect matte finish.

My biggest prayer is that my skin and this foundation "get along". I think it's a great price for a good performing foundation; so much that I did go out and purchase it. I just might be converted back to a drugstore find!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by shadow1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. It gives medium coverage, just what I need, and leaves a natural to dewy finish depending on how much you apply and the method you use. I found that applying this with a foundation brush works best for me. Its easy to blend and makes my skin look beautiful in natural lighting.

The only con is that most or all of the shades are pink undertoned :(