April 19, 2014 | 1584 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by TGrif6025

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a few months but still not really sure how I feel about it. I don't think it does an awful lot in the staying power department, but it does come in handy when I get a little heavy-handed with the powder. At first my bottle had no smell at all, but then randomly one day about a month after I purchased it, it started smelling really bad. People that described the smell as vomit were quite accurate. However the smell isn't that strong and goes away pretty quickly, so it's not too big of a deal, especially for the price. Overall, I would repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Dessyboo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh my gosh, I LOVE THIS. I am absolutely in love! I bought this for only THREE DOLLARS at Target, I can't believe how great of a deal that is.
I spray it on my skin right after I put my foundation and bush on, and it takes away the too matte-cake look and leaves a more natural finish. Also, I work in a hot warehouse, walking around all day, and my makeup used to run off. This amazing spray keeps it looking good for eight hours straight. I WOULD DEFINITELY suggest buying this!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by nrobertshaw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm from a very humid climate, so I'm always looking for a way to set my foundation. When I heart of this, I just had to try it! It seemed so cheap, which is good for my poor student budget.

It does have a weird smell at first, but I got over that. The spray probably isn't a very fine mist, but you can get around that by holding the bottle at arm's length from your face. Sure, you'll look strange, but it does hold my make up all day, which is a huge accomplishment. Humidity plus oily skin is counter productive to foundation application.

The aloe, green tea, cucumber and vitamins A, C & E are in this product, yet I don't really see much of a difference in skin condition, which is quite good for me.

Don't touch your face at all until it fully dries though. You'll only mess up your make up. Furthermore, this gives a dewy finish. If you wanted a matte finish, this product may not work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by BurritoStardust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The smell is a little strange but fades quickly one it dries. Works much better than I expected, keeps foundation in place and cuts down on time spent touching up my makeup throught the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

I've gone through 3 bottles of this but I still can't say for sure if this product actually makes my makeup stay on longer. The smell is absolutely disgusting- I almost gag everytime I use it. But I continue to repurchase this product because I don't want to shell out $30+ on a higher end makeup setting spray.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was intrigued to try this and thought it might be a worthy contender to replace my MAC Fix+ and is 1/5 the price. Contains great ingredients; Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber and Vitamins A, C & E, plus is alcohol free. After trying to use this a few times I gave up and threw it in the trash. The spray isn't a fine mist, smells kind of funky, and sets to a tacky sticky finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by 2010

I'm surprised at how well this product works for me! I have pretty oily skin (tzone area) and my makeup tends to be completely gone by the time I go to wash it off. However, I've noticed now that I've started using this when I apply my makeup, I seem to have a lot more makeup left on my skin at the end of the day...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by white05mustang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great setting spray! It makes my mineral make-up last longer and it is a fraction of the price of other sprays. It also doesn't add a weighted feeling to my mineral makeup. I simple follow the directions. I hold 12 inches from the face and spray 1-2 sprays. I have been using mine for 2+ months and I have experienced no smell. I even opened the bottle and smelled the liquid and no smell. Maybe the people who are experiencing a smell got a bad or botched batch?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by elaina26

My make-up lasts so much longer when i use this product and seems less oily throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by OvErDoSeDoNbEaUtii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this mist, its pretty good for $3 I don't typically except too much from ELF I only like a few things from them, but I got this on a whim and it does keep my make up in place and last all day, though I do wear a face primer, a good sweat resistant foundation and set with powder...I like to spray this on my face first, let it dry, apply the rest of my make up and then spray once again when im done, it works better for me that way. I live in Fl and its pretty hot down here and my make up holds up well. It does smell kinda weird but its not that bad, the smell dies down after it dries, it doesn't ruin any make up, I like to spray from arms length distance, 1 or 2 sprays to ensure its sprayed evenly, I would buy it again, it gives a dewy look too, esp if you apply to much powder this will help tone down a caked face. And it didn't break me out