July 29, 2014 | 1134 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by TristaJean

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Leaves your face glowing and dewy, but can get a bit sticky feeling. Lasts a long time and is a nice finishing touch to your makeup routine. It has a faint smell that is pretty nasty, but it clears up in a second.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by nicolerh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product after reading the reviews, wary that there may be a fishy smell. As soon as you open the bottle, the inside of the cap does indeed smell. I unscrewed the spray part of the bottle, and the product inside doesn't smell at all. Just wash off the cap and pump some water through the sprayer and you'll be fine.
I think this product helps, though I'm not really so sure, the difference isn't that noticeable to me. It definitely makes my powder settle quicker, but I'm not sure about making it last longer, I don't really pay close attention to that anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by macadelic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know if this helps with controlling oil as I use a powder for that, but boy, on those days when I go overboard on foundation, this is a life saver! 3 squirts cover my face (left,center,right) and my makeup looks much naturally. I wouldn't buy this again though as the fragrance REALLY bothers me (I sneeze almost every time) and it's just not something I need.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Suzzieraquel

I'm not sure if this product works or not... I see no difference after spraying it onto my face really but I still continue to use it, just so I don't waste what I paid for. Which wasn't too much money anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by samanthurrrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

GAH THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. Better than the MAC one. No, seriously it is. It leaves your face with this fresh looking glow and keeps even your eyeliner on your waterline on....AFTER sleeping. I'm literally blown away. Get this. You have to. It's so cheap.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I use it to finish off all my makeup and it does extend the wear of my makeup. I have really oily skin around my nose area and a little on my chin and forehead. This does help a little bit with my oily skin but its not a dramatic difference. I still get oily. Before using this spray, my makeup would be really matte. I thought that was a ok for me since i had oily skin. Yes i love a matte finish but for school, it just does not look natural and on somedays, it can make up dry areas look really bad. This spray takes away the super matte finish and gives me a very natural finish! My blush (i use a cheap one for everyday use) actually stays on! It usually fades. I never did mind but this is a plus.

The packaging is small and perfect for taking around with you. I would not spray in the middle of the day if you have oily skin. It wont help much. But if your skin is dry and you start looking a bit flaky, this can really help. The cap is secure so no leakage.I dont smell anything. I think people who ordered it experiance a smell but i smell nothing at all.

I love how this has good ingrediants in it to imporve the health of your skin. I cannot tell if there is different since i have been trying out different homemade masks. I cannot see what this has done for my skin. It dries fast too. I think this is a good product for dry, normal, and combination skin. Oily skin folks should be careful with it. Use it after you have finished your makeup and dont spray again in the middle the day.

EDIT (7/29/13):

The first couple of times i used this, i thought i liked it. but now i realize that this does nothing. it gets rid of the matte look after powdering which i like, but i hate how it sprays unevenly. my makeup doesn't last any longer. i have switched to skindinavia. i like much better. I only use the e.l.f spray and a mixing medium.

Another problem with this is that is evaporates a lot.i thing its because i lost the cap. but i dont see this problem with my skindinavia spray and i have had it for a long time too. its been sitting on my dresser for a long time and the amount decreases more and more. I haven't used it forever!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Shannon92503

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Top be honest, I cannot tell either way whether this works or not. I only paid $3 for it and probably wouldn't buy it again. Ive never used a setting spray so I guess I thought it would "feel" like it was set or at least give some kind of different feel. It simply feels like I just spritzed water on my face. as for smell, I don't smell anything.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

This stuff works. I usually hold it as far as possible from my face & then dry it with my blowdryer on low, but definitely makes the make up last.
Smells a little funky, but for the price...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by autumnlee33

its alright
if our just going out for the day it will work but for a long night i dont think it stood up to the hype
it does smell funny i actually use the UDPP and i use this for foiling my eyeshadow which works pretty well together
i will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by leeyathatsme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great Stuff!!! i did my makeup as normal this morning about 6:00 a.m. i wear a full face almost daily cream foundation and loose powder to set, after that i gave about 5 pumps of this all over. i immediately noticed that my face looked less powdery than normal, usually i have to wait about a hour for my makeup to really set right but not with this. looked in the mirror about 10 a.m. and noticed it still looked very freshly done, anywhoo always around 12-1ish i have to retouch a little, but nope it still looked good. 3 rolls around i was outside in the heat for a good little while, my makeup still hadnt budged. its now after 6 p.m. and my make-up is still behaving well lol. the only bad thing i can say is the sprayer that elf gives you is bogus. i switched mine to a old victoria secret mini splash bottle and now its the perfect mist, the smell is slightly funky but it dissipates within a minute or so. TRY IT!!!!!!!!!