August 27, 2014 | 968 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by JennyX0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

THIS STUFF WORKS! GAH, I love it. I got it to try to compare it to UD or Mac and it definitely compares! Especially since it's a FRACTION of the cost, I'd say it even works better. I can definitely tell the difference if I forget to spray it on compared to when I do spray it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by mcclouas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this spray to set my makeup after application and this stuff works!! I like the ingredients: aloe,green tea, cucumber, and vitamins A,C, & E, and the smell isn't atrocious. I have used other setting sprays before this one, mac fix+ and urban decays up all nighter spray and this one works just as well but for a fraction of the price. My only complaint is the bottle and sprayer; the mist is very heavy, but I just put the ELF product into the up all nighter spray bottle and voila! For $3, I have already repurchased this several times and will continue, great product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by xzombiecourtneyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful product for making the face look and feel fresh. It has healthy ingredients for the skin in it and I love that ELF does that with a ton of their products. I do smell this slight scent but it's honestly not incredibly noticeable so if you buy this, please don't worry about the smell. It'll go away within like 2 seconds. Also, I think this is great for if you wake up really early in the morning. The mist helps you wake up a little bit. I usually spray this once before and after just because I think that kinda helps the makeup a little more. Overall, another winner from ELF and I think it's worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by dawny0826

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I purchased this in the hopes that it would serve as a good dupe for some of the more expensive brands of makeup setting mists and I'm very happy with the product. It feels good on my skin. It serves as a great pre-moisturizer spray.

I don't like to set my makeup with sprays, so I can't comment as to it's effectiveness in this regard. In terms of serving as a good moisturzing mist for the skin - I like it and will use it in the place of my MAC Fix +, as it's more affordable.

You can purchase this product for less than $3.00, when E.L.F runs sales on its studio line. You are purchasing a small bottle, so, I like to have two on hand. A little goes a long way.

I think the only disadvantage to this product is the fact that the bottle is smallish. In terms of value, I think I'd wind up paying less for several bottles than I would for one MAC FIX + product. It's nice to be able to put this in your purse if you need to, as it's sizeable for travel.

Overall, great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by TristaJean

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Leaves your face glowing and dewy, but can get a bit sticky feeling. Lasts a long time and is a nice finishing touch to your makeup routine. It has a faint smell that is pretty nasty, but it clears up in a second.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by nicolerh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product after reading the reviews, wary that there may be a fishy smell. As soon as you open the bottle, the inside of the cap does indeed smell. I unscrewed the spray part of the bottle, and the product inside doesn't smell at all. Just wash off the cap and pump some water through the sprayer and you'll be fine.
I think this product helps, though I'm not really so sure, the difference isn't that noticeable to me. It definitely makes my powder settle quicker, but I'm not sure about making it last longer, I don't really pay close attention to that anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by macadelic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know if this helps with controlling oil as I use a powder for that, but boy, on those days when I go overboard on foundation, this is a life saver! 3 squirts cover my face (left,center,right) and my makeup looks much naturally. I wouldn't buy this again though as the fragrance REALLY bothers me (I sneeze almost every time) and it's just not something I need.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Suzzieraquel

I'm not sure if this product works or not... I see no difference after spraying it onto my face really but I still continue to use it, just so I don't waste what I paid for. Which wasn't too much money anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by samanthurrrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

GAH THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. Better than the MAC one. No, seriously it is. It leaves your face with this fresh looking glow and keeps even your eyeliner on your waterline on....AFTER sleeping. I'm literally blown away. Get this. You have to. It's so cheap.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I use it to finish off all my makeup and it does extend the wear of my makeup. I have really oily skin around my nose area and a little on my chin and forehead. This does help a little bit with my oily skin but its not a dramatic difference. I still get oily. Before using this spray, my makeup would be really matte. I thought that was a ok for me since i had oily skin. Yes i love a matte finish but for school, it just does not look natural and on somedays, it can make up dry areas look really bad. This spray takes away the super matte finish and gives me a very natural finish! My blush (i use a cheap one for everyday use) actually stays on! It usually fades. I never did mind but this is a plus.

The packaging is small and perfect for taking around with you. I would not spray in the middle of the day if you have oily skin. It wont help much. But if your skin is dry and you start looking a bit flaky, this can really help. The cap is secure so no leakage.I dont smell anything. I think people who ordered it experiance a smell but i smell nothing at all.

I love how this has good ingrediants in it to imporve the health of your skin. I cannot tell if there is different since i have been trying out different homemade masks. I cannot see what this has done for my skin. It dries fast too. I think this is a good product for dry, normal, and combination skin. Oily skin folks should be careful with it. Use it after you have finished your makeup and dont spray again in the middle the day.

EDIT (7/29/13):

The first couple of times i used this, i thought i liked it. but now i realize that this does nothing. it gets rid of the matte look after powdering which i like, but i hate how it sprays unevenly. my makeup doesn't last any longer. i have switched to skindinavia. i like much better. I only use the e.l.f spray and a mixing medium.

Another problem with this is that is evaporates a lot.i thing its because i lost the cap. but i dont see this problem with my skindinavia spray and i have had it for a long time too. its been sitting on my dresser for a long time and the amount decreases more and more. I haven't used it forever!