April 18, 2014 | 1869 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by wellDUHitsSarah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my new HG concealer. I'm an NC25 and the medium shade fits my almost perfectly. It works brilliantly on blemishes. i also mixed it with a bit of ELFs highlighter (In the lilac shade) and used it for my under eye area. I took a picture of myself with it on with a bit of eyeliner and now that's my boyfriend's fave pic of me. If you aren't sure about buying it like i origionaly was JUST BUY IT. Also the pencil that comes with it is good to fix problem areas while on the go. It's super creamy. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Great concealer! I use this under my eyes and on any blemishes/marks I happened to have. It works so well, covers everything and you only need a very small amount to get full coverage. Use a very light hand to apply as it can get a bit cakey, I use an eye cream and a primer (smashbox) underneath and it looks very natural and does not cake/crease. It lasts a long time and once in a while I use it lightly to cover my nose (huge pores) and skip my foundation and just use this and a powder. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by hollister4432

This stuff is good at covering acne. I would recommend. Do not use as an under eye concealor because it reflects light in pictures. You can look ghostly with it. Definitely on the cakey side so you must blend it well. Good if you need to cover redness though, like me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by AkaishaSoren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin with a lot of hyperpigmentation scars that refuse to fade. I tried this concealer on a recommendation after years of using Neutrogena and was really impressed with the coverage. An added bonus - the "light" color is almost a perfect match for my skin tone, so I didn't need to blend much. It didn't look cakey and easily lasted all day. Unfortunately, my face broke out in terrible cystic acne after two days of wearing the concealer. It's been almost a month and the problem still hasn't fully resolved, even though I stopped using it right away. Although this concealer felt like a godsend when I wore it since I had clear-looking skin for the first time in ten years, it's not good for acne-prone skin. I've gone back to Neutrogena until my face clears up a bit and then I'll be trying something else. I'll keep it for when I need to cover my tattoos, but other than that, I wish I had never tried it. My skin has never been in worse shape.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by FireyHeart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually would've given this a 3/5, but I still gave it a 4 anyway, since products like these are SO hard to come by at this price. Hard Candy actually used to be sold at sephora, but went bankrupt, but Walmart accepted them to be sold there. That kind of explains why their products are high quality, but affordable. These are my thoughts:

It is such a great value! For six dollars you not only get .71 ounces in the tube, (almost three fourths of your standard one fluid ounce foundation!) you also get a concealer pencil! A really big plus is that Hard Candy doesn't test on animals! Hear that animal lovers?!

Coverage: Very full. A little goes a super long way, so a tube should last you forever, and by the way, I've seen it actually cover up tattoos. It really works!

Formula: I should mention that this concealer has petrolatum (or petroleum) in it first ingredient, along with other oils, such as lanolin and mineral oil. It's not necessarily bad, because that is what makes the concealer so creamy. Also, I should note here that the ingredients list here is VERY similar to Amazing Cosmetics amazing concealer and Benefit's erase paste, I believe. Not exactly the same, but they use basically the same kinds of things. Surprisingly, when I put this concealer on, it didn't break out my acne prone skin.

The good: Great value, insanely full coverage, little goes a long way, and similar to other high end concealers

The bad: Cakes up easily, very limited shade selections, takes forever to dry because of the ingredients, doesn't last in humidity.

Overall, I like this concealer, it's not perfect, but hey, what do expect for six dollars? With good exfoliating and moisturizing, this would make a great winter concealer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Younggrasshopa14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best concealer I've tried! The coverage is unbelievable and you hardly have to use any. I use this almost every single day and have had it for over a year, yet the tube is still full of product! The price is very reasonable

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by tarahkaye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Not sure if I got a bad batch of this stuff or what. I was so excited to try this based on the good reviews, but was disappointed as soon as I got home and swatched it on my hand. It seemed like the formula was separated. When I squeezed some product out of the tube, I got a little pigment and a lot of oily liquid. Needless to say, I ended up returning it. Has this happened to anyone else? I prefer my Physicians Formula Conceal Rx to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by lcwoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have olive tan skin and this is the only drugstore concealer that matches my skin. All the other ones are too pink or ashy or light. And it covers like a dream! Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by eclecticgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! I made the mistake of buying it in medium when I am really more of the tan shade and it still blended pretty easily but the coverage was heavily sheered out. I went back and bought the tan one, and it is perfect! It's so easily to conceal acne scarring and active acne. I use a little product (a little goes a long way!) and dot it over my problem areas and tap it into my skin and it gives AMAZING coverage. I don't even use foundation any more. I use the medium shade to cover my undereye circles and use a tiny bit of the tan shade over it. You have to be really careful with how much product you use or it will settle into any fine lines. It is also a little too cakey for the undereye area so be sparing with the product! I set it with some powder or eye shadow and it does wonders! Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Jessrockstarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

as a makeup artist, I do have every shade of this. I use it on myself, as well as clients. I did a wedding where the bride wanted a tattoo covered, this did the job. amazing product.