July 30, 2014 | 1127 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by thegorgeousgretchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Firstly you should know that I have very pale, oily, and acne prone skin.
In the summer my skin becomes WAY oily and in the winter its combination.

I purchased this concealer in the shade Ultra Light at my local Walmart for $6 & I'm in love!
Others have complained that the shade range is too light, but I couldn't be happier! All but one foundation (ColorStay Whipped in Ivory) have been too dark for me. And every concealer I've used prior has either creased or failed to cover.

PROS:
-Pigmented (a little goes a long way & has great coverage)
-Super inexpensive
-Convenient packaging
-Doesn't break me out
-Doesn't crease (with a setting powder)
-Suited for paler skin types

CONS:
-Not suited for darker skin types

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Ljsanders

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First, LOVE this website. Has turned me onto so many great products and avoid some I was considering! So based on other reviews here, just went to Walmart and bought Glamoflauge by Hard Candy. Amazed what it does for my problem areas. Switching from MAC concealer now -- this is cheaper and works better (for me)!

My main problem: Despite wearing high sunscreen most of the time, I forgot it a few times and now, at 53, have age spots on my cheeks. I use a great self-tanner year round (Neutrogena) which gives me a great tan but also makes the spots a little more pronounced. Skin lightening products haven't worked, so looks like I'm going to have to get a peel when I can afford it. But for now:

This is GREAT on my AGE SPOTS and my SCAR! Squeezed a bit from the tube, warmed it between my fingers, and patted on. Age spots almost invisible with this on top! Even better, same with my brownish scar I got from the doc trying to burn off a smaller spot (and made it worse)! Used it on my nose (tends to be red), and redness gone! For me, it's the right consistency: not greasy, not cakey or dry.

But here's the great surprise for me: It's now my HG for my UNDER EYE BAGS! Who knew? I don't have dark circles (but bet it would work great on those), but tried it under my eyes anyway and it makes them less noticeable because it brightens the area. So far, it's not creasing and feels great.

Yes, it's thicker than most concealers (but I find those don't cover well) so you have to use a tiny bit, warm it up, pat and blend and it doesn't look heavy -- in fact, has a nice glow and once blended, looks flawless (to me). It's not meant to be a foundation so wouldn't recommend it as such -- I like a sheer foundation so I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin, and now this will be the product that I pat on top of it for the problem areas.

Cons: Agree with viewers: they need more shades. They're limited and have odd undertones. I actually ended up with 314 tan which luckily matches my skin perfectly since I use the self tanner. Other shades were too light and not gold enough for me.

Tip: TRY IT IN THE STORE. Just pull up the tape, open the box, and try it. Walmart doesn't care. Saves you and them time in returning the wrong color. Also, comes with a little pencil which doesn't do much for me personally but might for some.

I am thrilled. May not be for everyone, but HG for me. Thanks, reviewers!

8 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I bought this at WalMart because I needed a good, heavy-duty concealer to cover my hereditary dark circles. (Price=$6) The shades do run pretty light, so I'd advise picking out a shade darker than you normally do. Either way, it FOR SURE does the job. A little goes a long way, and I will no doubt repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by sierrab2010

Okay, I don't want to jinx myself here but I believe this product is the bomb. It's inexpensive and creamy. It feels very light, yet the coverage is awesome. The packaging is cute and you get a lot for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by CourtL128

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an awesome heavy duty concealer for the price! It blends well and has great coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by bailyelizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this concealer! While it did feel like it didn't set very well, it had really great coverage. It smells a bit strange, but I was able to look past that due to the high quality coverage. I have really oily, acne-prone skin so it's hard for me to get good coverage but I really do love this concealer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I heard so much about this product so I decided to give it a try. While I don't think it actually covers tattoos very well I think it does a wonderful job of covering up blemishes and dark circles (wiith the help of a neutralizer). Its the best drugstore concealer I've used for my undereye and I've tried a lot. For me this does not settle into fine lines under my eyes or slide off my face. I do find it fades a little throughout the day but it still lasts a pretty long time compared to other drugstore concealers.

This is a full coverage concealer - the consistency is a little bit more on the liquid side but it blends wonderfully. I'm not a huge fan of the pot concealers - I find them very hard to blend out as they pull and tug on your sensitive under eye area. I neutralize my undereye with orange concealer and my blemishes with green concealer then put this on top on blend. I continue with my foundation, powder and the rest of my makeup and that has been my routine for quite some time now. I use this personally and on clients (I'm a MUA) and I've recommended this to so many people. I own it in every single shade available so I can mix and match to make a perfect colour for my client's skintone. You can get this at Walmart for about $5 which is amazing and as an added bonus its cruelty free!! For me this is the best skin tone concealer on the market and I definitely recommend giving it a try

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Taylordiamondss

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT !! It wasn't cakey unless you put on too much. It lasts through out the day and its very easy to blend a little goes a long way, so don't use too much !!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by LeaLyons

this concelar is very drying and can look quite cakey. it also smells horrid. like burning plastic mixed with turpintine

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by OootkaP

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Edit: much too orange, I've gotten lighter apparently! But great pigmentation, shade light would be good for NC25!

I really wanted to like this... And I did! For 6 bucks, you really can't go wrong. I use if for under eye, pimples and redness... Also, when I have a hives breakout this covers it! A little goes a long way, so don't overuse or you'll end up looking cakes and orange. A little dot here and there, I don't even need foundation. The colour range is pretty limited, but luckily the shade light works perfect for my skin!