Lancome Teint Miracle

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 3%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, PEG/PPG/Polybutylene Glycol-8/5/3 Glycerin, Rosa Gallica Flower Extract, Talc, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Methicone, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Polyethylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate; May Contain: Red 28 Lake, Red 7, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Blue 1 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

on 3/3/2013 11:02:00 AM

I have oily, sensitive skin according to my dermatologist so looking for a foundation is not easy. This is by far the best foundation I have ever used. I chanced upon an advertisement for it in a magazine when it was first launched and decided to get it (I don't know why I did it as I had many other tubes of foundation sitting on my table at home). This is the first bottle of foundation that I have used from beginning to end and I immediately repurchased after that. I did deviate to try other brands, thinking that Chanel and Dior were "better" because they were luxury skincare brands but boy was I wrong. I have come back to this and will betray this product no more.

P.S. Another reason why I love it is because it has shades developed specifically to match Asian skin, which is quite a rare thing given that Lancome is not an Asian brand. :) Thanks Lancome!

on 3/3/2013 8:46:00 AM

Why they don´t make color what suits caucasian skin. The oxidation is horrible.

on 2/27/2013 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I'm still a little undecided about this one. It's a light coverage foundation and applies really well. It gives a lovely dewy finish and still looks good by the time i leave the office. I should be in love...but there is one thing that really annoys me. I find it impossible to keep eyeshadow on! I have normal to dry skin and haven't had any issues with oily lids until now. I usually don't need to wear an eye primer to keep my shadows on all day. My mac shadows don't even last an hour with this. I think i'll be going back to my illamasqua skin base until i find a new HG

on 2/24/2013 9:47:00 AM

I'm a huge fan of Lancome so my expectations were pretty high on this one. I bought it on sale and I haven't been dissapointed! Eventhough I took one shade too dark (shame on me) I have still been able to use it on daily bases.
Coverage is pretty light, but it evens out my uneven skintone. For more coverage you should put another layer, but I think this is more to evenout and not cover. This lasts on my face for about 8 hours before I need a fix.
The scent is noticeable, but It doesnt bother me. After I've put it on my face I don't notice it anymore.
The bottle (30ml) lasts very long! I bought it about 5 months ago and I still have some left!
Only thing I don't like about this product is that it has a light tendency to give my face a greasy look. Other people don't actually notice it, but it bothers myself. My skin is dry so It's kind of weird.
But I totally recommend it, but choose your shade well ahhah!
++ It doesn't clog pores!

on 2/22/2013 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

****ABOUT MY SKIN****
-I have normal-dry skin. Dry around my chin, nose and mouth, pretty much normal everywhere else.
-I don't really have acne (just a few acne scars), but I have horrible hyper-pigmentation and redness on my cheeks (which requires a medium-full coverage foundation to cover it up).
****SHADE REFERENCE****
-I am a MAC "NW15", and a "Gobi Light 3" in NARS Sheer Glow. I have very pink undertones.
-I have this foundation in the shade "Ivoire 1N', which is the lightest shade available in the US. This shade is a perfect match to my skin, which I'm so excited about!
****FOUNDATION CONSISTENCY****
-This foundation is pretty runny and liquidy, which makes it pretty easy to work with. Not thick or goopy at all. Be careful or it will run down your hand!
****FOUNDATION FINISH****
-This foundation has a definite glowy/dewy finish (not SPARKLY or GREASY, just GLOWY/DEWY). Beautiful if you want that dewy look to the skin.
-This foundation probably isn't the best for oily skins (as it has no oil controlling properties and is quite hydrating on the skin)
****APPLICATION****
I apply this stuff one of 2 ways. One, I use my fingers to work the foundation in to my skin. The warmth in your skin helps melt the product into your skin and make it look a lot more natural. Then I go over it with a damn beauty blender to get rid of any streaks. Result=flawless and non-cakey. I do it this way for everyday wear. The second way I apply it is using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Using a brush will give you a little more coverage than using your fingers. So I work the foundation in with the brush, then go over it with the beauty blender sponge as before. I do it this way if I'm going out and I want a little more coverage. Doesn't look quite as natural as with the fingers, but for night time I'm not too fussed about that.
****PROS****
-This foundation has great medium coverage if applied with a brush, and light-medium coverage if applied with the fingers or a sponge. I think medium is a great amount of coverage; can add a second layer for fuller coverage but with 1 layer it's perfect for everyday, daily wear.
-This foundation doesn't look cakey or heavy on the skin. It looks beautiful and flawless and glowy.
-I love the beautiful glowy/dewy look that this foundation gives my skin. It makes you look fresh and youthful and beautiful, without looking greasy or oily for a while (does look a little oily at the end of the day-refer to cons)
-This foundation has pretty good lasting power. It's not 24 hour wear, but I'd give it a good 8 hours before it starts looking not its best. And for a foundation that doesn't claim to be long lasting, thats pretty good IMO.
-Has an SPF of 15, which is nice for everyday wear (can be a con, see below)
-Doesn't settle into fine lines as much as most foundations do. For me, no matter what foundation I use, it settles in to fine lines a little (all foundations will at least a little). But this is about as good as it gets for that.
-This stuff is fairly hydrating! Not drying at all, which is great for people with dry skin like me! Not as hydrating as something like Estee Lauder futurist foundation, or clarins super restorative foundation, etc, but still a decent amount of hydration.
-Has a GREAT pump, which makes it easy to control how much product comes out (not like some pumps where you can't control the amount of product that comes out, with this it's very easy to control). One pump is the perfect amount to cover my whole face!
****CONS****
-If you have oily skin, or you don't like a dewy glowy look, this is not the foundation for you (has no oil controlling properties and has a definite glowy look)
-The SPF 15 in this product means it's not going to look good in flash photography (will flash back with a white cast)
-This foundation doesn't withstand heat or sweat that great. It won't run all over your face if you sweat, but the foundation won't look that great if you sweat in it a lot - will cake up)
-This foundation looks oily and greasy at the end of the day. Even on my dry skin. Initially it's beautiful, but at the end of the day I look pretty oily. So I would have some blotting papers and a pressed (translucent) powder with you on the go just incase (even if you have dry skin). (Translucent so it won't cake up like other powders can quicker, especially if you're touching up at the end of the day)
-The glass bottle makes it not very practical for traveling (as I'm scared it will break)
-This stuff is expensive, since it's Lancome.
****BOTTOM LINE****
I love this stuff! It kind of reminds me of Estee Lauder Futurist foundation (one of my faves, have a review on it if you would like to read it :). This has a little less coverage, but the colour match is a lot better on me! Apart from that I think theyre pretty similar. Love this foundation more for winter. nice daily foundation for me and will repurchase.

on 2/21/2013 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ah mazing! This stuff covers so well but doesn't look like you're wearing makeup. Melts into your skin and evens everything out. I can't believe how much I love this stuff. Lancome really does have wonderful products.

on 2/20/2013 2:15:00 PM

I have been using this foundation for YEARS and I love it! When I first started using it, it broke me out. But now it gives me beautiful coverage and stays all day! Highly recommend.

on 2/19/2013 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have a very sensitive skin and this product is really does it for me. I had try "chanel matte lumiere" before and i got allergy effect from it (breakouts and rashes) How ever Lancome really work for me. I have combination-oilyish skin. It stay on forever! Even though the price is a bit up there but the product last me for almost a year, forever day use. You just need one drop and it would do the trick! I use this with Lancome la base and it keep the shine away! (I got it for free when i purchase the base). Strongly recommend.

on 2/16/2013 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I loved this foundation so much when I first got it. It feels so light, but covers so well - even active blemishes were covered so well that I would skip concealer. It also gives you the most amazing glow. However, even on my very dry skin this would, after about five hours, translate to an oily shine.
This wasn't the only negative, however - this foundation gives me dermatitis (aka eczema)! I was happily using it for about a week, then my skin started to get very dry. It wasn't dry in the normal way, though - it turned kind of red and scaly (TMI I know, sorry). I went to the doctor's and was diagnosed with dermatitis, and had to use a steroid cream to get rid of it, which I was really unhappy about as steroid creams cause your skin to thin over time and this was on my face!
Anyway, I didn't know at first that the Teint Miracle was what was causing the dermatitis. However when I googled the ingredients the high alcohol content, which I stupidly hadn't researched, did make me think maybe this was the culprit.
Fast-forward a few months, skin back to normal again and decided to try this out again - bam, dermatitis back in about three days.
If you have sensitive skin, GIVE THIS A MISS! In fact give this a miss anyway because alcohol denat. in makeup is always bad for your skin (yes there are 'good' alcohols; the one in Teint Miracle is not one of these).
I really hope this helps people because my dermatitis really knocked my confidence - flaking, red skin at university was not fun at all!

on 2/16/2013 7:23:00 AM

This is absolutely one of the best foundation I've ever used. It's super hard to find a foundation that matches my olive, but very pale skin. Usually the light colours are too pinkish, but I use the one called 010, and it suits me just right, without having to blend it down half of my neck.

Only downside I can think off, is that it's bad if you have a few dry patches. In the winter I sometimes get some dry patches around my nose and on my eyelids, and it just makes the foundation super obvious. So if I had dry skin, I would definitely not use this foundation.

I don't use this daily, but it's a foundation I always have - as in, if I run out, I immediatly go and buy a new one. I use YSL Teint Eclate daily, because it's a bit lighter and more glowing, where this gives me that little extra bit of coverage for bad skin days and nights out, and it does last longer. Even though I work in a food place where my skin can get a bit greasy, it doesn't disappear at all.