July 30, 2014 | 1952 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by elleLace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'd like to say that I love Garnier products. I love their toners, washes, shampoos, you name it. My skin usually likes their stuff a lot and I have very sensitive skin, so finding something that doesn't irritate is nice. Unfortunately, this moisturizing gel hit a miss. I don't know what exactly is in it. (I read the ingredient list and it was mostly stuff that had awful chemical names, which surprised me. I looked up a few and they were "synthetic" chemicals in replacement of real ones. After using it for 2 or 3 days straight I think it started to give me a bit of a rash.
Although, I'd like to say this stuff applied uniquely. I think it went on light, thin, spread easy with very little product. I don't feel like it moisturized much for me, but if you have oily skin, this stuff would be great for you! It really is thin and not greasy one bit.
It has a nice refreshing scent but it has a "cooling" ingredient which is a synthetic form of menthol which I dislike the feeling of greatly.
One last thing, I couldn't wear this stuff under my BB creams. (I know I didn't have to but sometimes I forgot.) It would clump up and get a weird texture and just didn't blend at all. I'd assume it would be the same with a SPF lotion. Terrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Makeupprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well, I was seeking a cheaper product and this missed the mark! It did not work well with a sunscreen and I tried several. Very disappointing so I will stick with my more expensive moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to say this is the best moisturizer I have ever used. I have oily, acne prone skin. Every moisturizer I have ever tried has either irritated, broken me out, left me an oil slick, or done absolutely nothing. This leaves me with wonderfully soft hydrated skin that lasts for hours... put on before bed my skin is still soft the next morning. It does not break me out, leaves a natural non-greasy finish on my skin, does not increase oil production during the day, and wears fantastic under makeup. It dries to a smooth non-tacky finish, and feels like nothing is on your face. The texture is a cream-gel, which sounds weird, but is the most accurate I can think of. It's definitely gel, but slightly thick, slightly opaque, and will not run or drip. A little goes a long way, one dip of the tip of my finger will do my whole face... so it lasts a long time. Very cooling and refreshing, it feels like your skin just took a drink of water. Light fresh scent. Does not irritate your eyes, or taste bad.

The packaging is a glass container with a screw on top, I find it convenient but some may have a problem with the fact that you have to dip out the product. Since I apply it right after I clean my face and hands it doesn't bother me. Retails for around $10-$12, but is often on sale or has coupons available.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by pinkseaoyster

Love it soo much!!! I have super oily and acne-prone skin. Even though i have oily skin idk why but my foundations have been looking very cakey and flakey lately so i decided to switch out my moisturizer. I got this because its in a gel form and oil free. Makeup just glides perfectly on top of it and it absorbs into the skin right away without looking oily. It works really well for me but i dont think it will be good for someone with very dry and sensitive skin since there's fragrance and alcohol in it and its not too moisturizing. Its perfect for oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by aZnPriDe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG moisturizer!!! I absolutely love this product. I specifically like that it's a gel-cream, so I don't get that heavy, creamy feeling that I get from other moisturizers. It absorbs quickly, and it doesn't just lay on top of your skin. It's definitely hydrating, and the smell is nice. You don't even need to use that much. One tiny jar lasts me for a few months!
I would love for it to have some SPF, but that isn't a deal breaker for me.
I have tried so many different skincare products, but this moisturizer is the only thing that I have not changed in my skincare routine. I love it!<3

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Firefly80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried a sample that came in a magazine and I thought that it worked well. Bought that full size and used it for almost a week. My skin became drier and itchy. It was horrible for me. Got rid of it and went back to my lovely Oil of Olay. My skin is so much better now.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by pearbeary18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had high hopes for this since I loved the lotion and I generally love the Garnier lotions. However, this product is awful. Because of the alcohol, my skin gets red and irritated. After a few days of use, my skin actually starts to feel dry. I wish it didn't have alcohol in it because otherwise it would've been great for me: it feels refreshing and cool, and it is extremely lightweight as well- perfect for oily skin in the summer. If you have sensitive skin, please save your money.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by mbtmom2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. In spite of the alcohol content, I find this is moisturizing for my dry/combo skin. In the summer, I tend to be less dry and more combo, so this gel works very well. I tend to use this one at night and I wake up with soft skin. The gel like consistency is very cooling and the fragrance does not bother my skin that can be sensitive to smells. I got this at CVS with extra bucks so my cost was minimal. I'm not sure this is HG status for me, but for now it is working out well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by MysteryButterfly

Would i repurchase? already did. almost done with my 3rd jar. one jar lasts me about 2 + months? i usually use about a little over a dime size amount everyday. i love how good it feels on my skin and how fast it absorbs. feels cool but not like a minty feeling. it smells good too. but some times i feel like it isnt enough to moisturize my skin. i like it anyways because it does not make my face oily since i have combo skin (oily t-zone). though just to be warned: it contains alcohol which can be drying to the skin. i dont think this would be good for people wiith dry skin. but if you have combo or oily and want a non-oily moisturizer, give this a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by adipose

I have been using this product pretty consistently for 3-4 years. I have no complaints. I am satisfied; it does the job.
I'm not sure I'd rhapsodize it's omg amazing HG life-changing etc., but compared to all the other moisturizers I've tried, this is certainly the best overall, and among the least expensive---jar lasts me ~4 months(?)---so I have little incentive to switch up my routine.
For me, the best thing is that it feels very light and absorbs quickly (but is also sufficiently moisturizing, obviously; I use it night and day), even when I slather it on. Also, I am rather fond of the smell, and the cooling sensation, though I hear that's supposed to be bad for your skin.....(for the record, I do not have dry skin; I'd venture to guess that this product might not be moisturizing enough for super dry skin?)
Packaging could definitely be improved.