BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 6/18/2014 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to think this was overrated when my skin was much oilier a few years ago. Now that I'm that bit older and my skin has calmed down I can appreciate it for what an amazing product it is. I still get oily, but it's not that bad. Using a generous (but not excessive) amount all over my face before foundation really helps give me a nice smooth surface and prolong the life of my make up. It doesn't feel heavy and greasy like some primers do. I have never broken out from it, and I have very acne prone skin. I find using it all over the face, not just on the 'pore' areas helps give a more balanced finished product. I have gone through 2 tubes of this (lasts you longer than you think) and currently on my third one. It really does deserve all the hype.

on 6/17/2014 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Porefessional masks 25% of my pores and does NOTHING for my foundation application OR longevity.

For $30 I expect more.

If you are looking for something higher quality I would suggest Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer. It's SOOOO much BETTER. (And for $30 you get 1 oz --- as opposed to Benefit $30 for .75 oz)

on 6/16/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Glorified Monistat Chafing Lotion. And the Monistat is better, to be honest.

I was sucked into the hype while visiting a Benefit store downtown. I do enjoy some of Benefit's more original products, but this was just a waste. Yes, it totally does what it says it's supposed to and for that, it gets a star. I liked the fact that it had a bit of 'skin-like' color to it, which I thought added a nice touch as a primer, so I gave it another star. 2 total stars.

But it's $30 to the Monistat which is $6 and does a better job. Recently though, I gave up both of them in favor of a primer by 100% Pure, which has no silicones and works just as well. I never realized how much my face disliked silicones. I deduced after a few months of testing out products that it doesn't mesh well with my skin and leads to clogged pores and spots.

So, if you're into silicone primers, save yourself $24 and make a trip to Target for the Monistat.

on 6/12/2014 5:48:00 PM

I LOVE this primer! I would have to say it's my favorite. My makeup lasts longer and looks much better when I use this.. I definitely recommend anyone and everyone to try this... It's very smoothing and not sticky at all!

on 6/12/2014 10:14:00 AM

One of the best primers I used. It is very pricy, £25 a tub, but it's really good. It minimalises my pores, makes my skin so smooth and it has amazing texture. It does not prolong the wear of your foundation and it hides the pores. Very good product, i would recommend.

on 6/12/2014 5:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I'm lucky that I've received enough samples of this product that I haven't needed to buy it yet.
I like the texture and find that it does hide pores for a few hours but I do not see it as a primer as it moves.
I mainly like to use this to hide my pores and for it's texture.. I use a different primer with this.

on 6/10/2014 3:11:00 PM

it's an OK primer, I can sometimes see why people are obsessed with it, but it does have many faults.

I hate the texture, it's silicone and when I put it on my face in the morning it's hard to apply evenly and it feels horrible on my fingers, yuckk

It is terribly pricey for what it is! I would not re-purchase this, it feels really bad and doesn't actually also do a lot for my skin.

on 6/10/2014 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like this; makes my skin feel nice and prepped for make up. I do not really notice that my pores are less visible though, but I don't think I have a big issues with pores to begin with. I feel that it does a decent job with controlling oils.

on 6/8/2014 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Different texture, but a nice product. I'm terrible with using any type of base before foundation but I found this to be a nice change.

on 6/3/2014 1:16:00 PM

You love it.....you hate it.....It works so well but its pricey. It goes on like butter and creates such a lovely canvas for your makeup. It is a skin color however you don't see any of that on your skin. This just really is a great product, just wish it was cheaper, but until I find something equivalent, guess I will keep buying it and loving it!

Popular Primer/ Correctors