July 31, 2014 | 2108 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by MissTish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing, blends soooo smoothly and look and feels great on the skin, not heavy at all. Coverage is good too, very creamy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation. I just love it. I am very pale and sensitive-skinned, and I have so much trouble find makeup that matches my complexion and doesn't irritate it horribly. My skin is mostly clear but I usually have some blotchy redness and a little bit of melasma/pigmentation so while I don't need anything super heavy, I do like something with decent coverage. I almost always use powder foundations as they seem to be faster to apply and easier to match, with less irritation, but as I've entered my 20s I've noticed my skin is getting drier than it used to be and powder is making my skin feel tight and look sort of dull. So, on a whim I bought this to see if I would like this. Even though it says age-reversing, I figured something moisturizing would be best for me.

Now, I should also mention that anytime I've tried or sampled liquid foundation, I've absolutely hated the way it looked on my skin. I've sampled Prescriptives, Bobbi Brown, Clinique.... all reputable brands and above-average makeup. But I immediately washed them off my skin because they just looked cakey and off. So, it's a huge, pleasant surprise to me how much I like this.

The colors are mostly yellow-based but not intensely so. I use the lightest shade, 143, and it blends seamlessly with my fair skin. I'm not exactly warm-toned, but my skin has some yellow to it, so it welcomed something slightly yellow, rather than the dreaded pink or orange that most foundations seem to skew towards. The shades appear very natural, although they don't have a huge range of them (but that's something that most companies fail at)- but the makeup blends so beautifully that I think it would be forgiving enough that the match wouldn't need to be perfect.

I apply it with my fingers as that seems the most hygenic, and the most convenient way to do it. But I've also tried used a stipple brush- and the effect was FLAWLESS. Just incredible, matte, flawless skin. As moisturizing and smooth as this is, it does also look fairly matte on the skin, so that's something to consider.

The coverage is surprisingly opaque, as well. Just a tiny pump is enough to cover most of my face, and I was really impressed with how much it masked my redness and mild melasma. If you want sheerer coverage, you can always mix it with moisturizer. I tried that and it looked great too, but a little more natural if that's the look you prefer. It's also layerable if you put it on, and then afterwards decide you'd like some more coverage. I wouldn't expect it to cover major pigmentation issues or cystic acne, but concealer could easily be layered over it for trouble spots.

Also, it has sunscreen, but that hasn't irritated my skin at all. In fact, my skin seems to love it, and it almost looks clearer now than before I started using it. It has a tiny bit of retinol in it, I believe, and it does seem like the texture/clarity of my skin has improved.

In short, this stuff is amazing!! Try it! Also, it seems like a little goes a long way, so for $13.29, it ends up being a great deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by cupcake8585

this stuff is amazing!it lasts all day and it even has retinol a which is good for acne!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by kitten14

I saw this foundation at the store over a month ago and for some reason I was very intrigued by it. The thing that caught my eye was the packaging. The fact that it had a pump and the blue details on the bottle. I liked that it has a serum in it because I use a serum before putting on my foundation already.
I didn't buy it then but came home and read reviews on here. Most of the people who reviewed this were over 35, but I'm only 25 and have no signs of aging. I finally decided to buy this anyway because I had high hopes that it would be a moisturizing foundation that felt good on my skin.
Before this, I have used three other foundations: L'Oréal True Match, Maybelline Fit Me, and Korres Ginger and Vitamins. I like them all for different reasons, but I think this one is all three of these in one. I love how glowy it makes my skin look and it feels great, makes my skin soft and wears all day long. My only apprehension about buying this was the price, it is $15 at most stores and that is kind of high for a drugstore foundation. But I finally decided that I had wanted it really badly for long enough, so I was going to buy it.... and when I found it at Target I was pleasantly surprised to see it for $13.29.
I also read that a lot of people couldn't find their shade, I didn't have that problem at all. I feel like it matches my olive skin perfectly and blends really nicely and doesn't oxidize later or look blotchy as some foundations do. I highly recommend this even if you are young it is such a nice foundation and just makes your skin look really healthy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by jarms81

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! I am 29, I have some slight acne scarring on my cheeks, and my skin can tend to be dry and oily at the same time. I can honestly say that I have never used a liquid foundation that I have liked on my skin, usually I feel like it looks orange and makes my scars look worse. I have been using Bare Minerals as it was the only thing that looked decent on my skin, that is until I found this! I read the reviews on this and probably every other foundation out there. I went to the L'Oreal website and took their quiz to see what color they would suggest and when I went to the store and grabbed that color, Creamy Natural, I put it on my hand it blended seamlessly. I could not tell the difference between my natural skin and where the foundation was, I was blown away. This stuff is amazing, I put it on with my fingers and it was very easy to apply and blend, it does dry quickly, so I just applied a little bit at a time. It did not settle into my fine lines and it feels amazing, as in it doesn't feel like your even wearing liquid foundation, and it dries to a powder finish. I like the fact that if I wanted to just apply this and no other makeup, it just looks like I have a perfect, even complexion. Of course, having some scarring, my skin will never appear "perfect", but this makes the scars appear less noticeable and softer. This product is also buildable, and covers any blemishes, even bright red ones, with no concealer needed. I always finish my face with Mineral Veil, and the end result is unbelieveable for me personally. I am so excited I found this product. Having oily skin, my makeup always needs blotting and/or touch-ups with the Mineral Veil throughout the day. The only way I will ever stop using this foundation is if one ever surfaces that is just a wonderful as this but keeps the oil at bay. I suspect that would impossible though. I also like that this has the anti-aging benefits and spf built it. Go buy this now, it is definetly worth the money. Thank you L'Oreal for transforming my skin to as close to perfection as possible!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by MAO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this.....but I don't. Today was my 4th or 5th time using it, so I think I gave it a fair chance to prove me wrong. Upon application it highlights every dry spot/flake on my face. Here it is 7 hours later and it has settled into my pores and creases and my face looks kinda oily. The only plus for this is that I found a perfect color match in Soft Ivory.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by jilllpa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am an nw 20 and selected 146 nude beige. I am really impressed with this foundation, I have tried many high end foundations and this one really delivers what I have been looking for. Medium to full coverage, but feels like your not wearing anything, no breakouts, long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by 30somethingAsian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best drug store brand foundation you can buy if you're over 30. Amazing the difference the right foundation can make. I was using True Match (great if you're young) and it was making my very fine lines more pronounced. My skin looks far younger and luminous with the Visible Lift Serum.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Katillac

I've spent months using Laura Mericer's Moisturizing Foundation, which I LOVE. However, at $42 a bottle, I decided to try a cheaper foundation. I chose to try this foundation in Nudge Beige, which matched my NC20 skin tone quite well. While this isn't the worst foundation I've tried, I'm not all that impressed. It goes on smooth, but within a few minutes you can see it sink into all of your fine lines/wrinkles and can make you look cakey despite not applying much product. I have dry skin, and this made me skin feel even more dry and parched. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by suzan88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I've definitely changed my mind on this, not liking it as much...could NOT get a good color match and the didnt realize how many sparkles were in this. Stopped wearing it. OLD: have to say I HATE liquid foundation, BUT this stuff is amazing! I normally wear powder foundation but found I needed more coverage at times for a more polished look. With my skin getting older and ever changing, the powder foundations just didn't cover w/out looking too cakey or settling into fine lines and the makeup I was wearing was actually making me look older. On a whim I tried this and I'm soooo glad I did. It covers beautifully, doesn't settle in lines or pores (even after a long day), SPF doesn't irritate my skin (actually didn't realize this had SPF or else I probably wouldn't of purchased it as most lotions or foundations w/ SPF really bother my skin). It doesn't have that mask like feeling...don't even know I'm wearing it and the finish does look airbrushed (I apply it w/ the ecotools bronzer brush). I also have to say that my skin 'sans' makeup looks better (tone/texture). I did have a little trouble finding a correct color match. I tried the natural beige and that was a bit too yellow so I'm trying the sand beige and that seems better (will update if that changes). Must say that I'm really impressed w/ this ...my hunt for the HG foundation may be over!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No