November 26, 2014 | 1704 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by 2lygit

Love this product! I've been using Rimmel's lasting finish which I will write a review on but it was getting a bit too thick for me, this goes on really nice and smooth and doesn't feel cakey whatsoever. The color was perfect on me and doesn't oxidise. Usually a pump and a half covers my whole face, I'm experimenting with application techniques but so far I've gotten the best results with just my lil filanges. This is a light to medium coverage foundation, it has a satin/dewy finish; I use ELF's studio powder to set this and it looks like I'm not wearing any foundation. I have some acne scarring so this is kind of a downside for me, however no matter what foundation I've used my scars will show through unless I super pack it on which I no longer feel comfortable doing, hence opting for a lighter foundation. It improves the overall look of my makeup so it's a fair exchange.
It smells lovely, feels great and the pump is great, releases a nice amount of product.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by shellsybells

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the worst foundations I have ever used! I have a small amount of lines such as laugh lines which are not deep, and this crap does NOTHING to "lift" them :( There was no visible difference whatsoever in my skin.

I did like the coverage it evened my skin tone out, but does not stay put. Setting powder is a must. I often forget the powder until I"m on my cell phone and when I hang up, realize I have foundation all over the phone! UGH!!

I also hate these dang pumps! Or at least the pump on this one as there is about a third of the product I can't get out :( I only continued using the product because I hoped that the longer I used, the better the "lift" would get. But no such luck :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up when my Carmindy/sally Hansen foundation became impossible to find. I thought I loved the Carmindy/Sally Hansen foundation, but obviously I didn't know what love was. L'Oreal Visible lift is tremendous. My skin has never been this fresh and glowing. For reference, I have fair, dry skin. I have quite a bit of redness and blue veins that I like to cover. Also, I like a satin or dewey finish as matte finishes make my skin look dull. This foundation covers and blends beautifully. I don't need to wear a concealer. It lasts all day as long as I set it with a bit of powder. I find that soft Ivory is perfect for winter and Nude Beige is perfect for summer. If you like a matte finish or have oily skin, this probably is not the foundation for you. But, if you have dry skin like me this can't be beat, in my opinion. This even beats out the high-end Chanel, Lancome and Clinique foundations that I've worn.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by alyyk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Continued...

...adds a natural glow. But no obvious shimmer is noticeable. It does sometimes emphasize my pores (even though my pores are very small). But this may be due to the lack of primer I have on my skin. I'm sure it can cover the pores beautifully if a primer is worn. A lot of liquid foundations can emphasize bumpy skin texture, but this disguises the texture beautifully and covers most of my bumps. Overall, it makes my skin appear very smooth and soft.

Ingredients:
This makeup is infused with a powerful serum of 5 advanced skincare ingredients:
Hyaluronic Acid: Prevents the signs of aging
Pro-Retinol A: Treats wrinkles, fine lines, increases turnover rate of skin cells, helps with acne
Pro-Xylane: Defends the skin against water loss, thus moisturizing it
Pro-Lastyl: Boosts elastin in skin, firming it
Vitamin C: Boosts collagin in skin, firming it. It also helps brighten the skin.
The other ingredients include:
Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Alumina, Polyethylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Phenylethyl Resorcinol, Acetyl Trifluoromethylphenyl Valylglycine, Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate, Hydroxypropyl Tetrahydropyrantriol, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polycaprolactone, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77019/Mica)
Unless you are directly allergic to any of the ingredients above, this foundation contains no harmful or comedegenic ingredients.

Cost:
The foundation is $17, which is quite expensive for a drugstore foundation. But since this beats plenty of the department store foundations, I would definitely repurchase without a thought. In drugstores, there are a lot more sales, so I constantly catch this foundation on buy 1 get 1 50% off or buy 1 get 1 free.

Packaging:
I love the packaging of this foundation as it is so hygienic. It is an airtight bottle, meaning that no air will come in, keeping the liquid's composition's integrity. There is also an easy-to-use pump. The thing I love about the pump is that not only is it ultra-hygienic, but it allows me to control how much of the product I wish to dispense. I am able to dispense 1/4th of a pump, 1/2 of a pump, 3/4th of a pump etc. Basically, as much as I want. With many other foundations, I am forced to use 1 full pump, which is more than I generally want. The foundation also has a sturdy plastic cap to keep the pump and foundation clean. The bottle is glass and the pump is plastic. Aesthetically, I love this foundation's simplistic yet effective design. There is 1 fluid ounce.

Misc:
This foundation has an SPF of 17.
I have been caught many times in the rain with this foundation without an umbrella or hat, and this foundation stayed put, so I believe that it is waterproof. However, it does come off easily if I use my face cleanser.

Conclusion:
I give this foundation an A+ and I highly recommend it.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by sixtyfive

I really like the finish of this foundation and it had a decent coverage, however as i started wearing it more and more i started breaking out. overall this is a really good drugstore foundation but unfortunately its just not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by characterarc

I'm not really sure how this is suggested to be for dry skin. No matter how well I moisturize, this foundation settles really badly in the areas surrounding my mouth. It cakes and forms little lines and looks awful. For the most part, it looks good everywhere else on my face when my skin is more normal/combo. It doesn't sit as well when its drier or has dry patches. I wouldn't say the finish is "natural" or "second skin" - mainly cause the caking around my mouth makes it obvious I'm wearing makeup. Staying power is eh - 4 hours or so on me. BUT, where it doesn't cake or accentuate my dryness, it does look quite nice and minimizes the appearance of my pores. Too many cons though to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

Overall Rating: 2/5
I bought this because I heard so many good reviews on it, but sadly... Im not that impressed :/ Im super picky with foundation, and I dont want to say its awful, but its not the best I have tried. It doesn't cover my acne very well, which is the main problem for me. I think I got a shade too light for my complexion. I might go back to the store and switch it for a shade darker, and maybe my opinion will change :)
Price: 3/5
Tax included, I payed around $16! A bit much if you ask me
Packaging: 5/5, gotta love the pump!
Would I buy this again: Maybe

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

I loved the light finish this gave my mature skin. Saw no sparkles of glitter, and the colors are very natural. But this broke me out every day I wore it so cannot deny the correlation. Also even though it contains sunscreen, it cannot be relied on so I would have preferred if they left it out. Bottle and pump are great; price is average for drugstore now. My reaction is unfortunate.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAlee

I REALLY like this foundation. I am 34 but have a very young appearance (people normally guess I am 10+ years younger than I am) with very minimal fine lines and aging of the skin. I don't really feel I need anti-aging products yet, esp in my foundation, but my 60 year old mother turned me onto it after she got so many compliments on her skin while wearing this foundation. Below are my Pros & Cons:

Pros-
- Great coverage, natural looking and not cakey
- Pump is hygienic
- Price is reasonable
- SPF of 17
- Gives a soft airbrushed effect, not overly matte or dewey
- Does NOT break my sensitive/combination skin out

Cons-
- Pump doesn't get all of the product and I end up having to scrape it out of the bottle with a q-tip
- color is not listed on the bottle anywhere so if you loose the cap like I did while traveling, you are outta luck when repurchasing! I even took the UPC number to the store to match up and mine did not match! Grrrr!

All in all, I really like this foundation. Not quite HG but almost!! I will for sure repurchase as soon as I figure out what color I need! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by MissTish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing, blends soooo smoothly and look and feels great on the skin, not heavy at all. Coverage is good too, very creamy.