Rimmel Blush - Santa Rose 001

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

MICA, TALC, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/ CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, ETHYLHEXYL DIMETHYL PABA, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ISOPROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI77891), IRON OXIDES (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), D&C RED NO. 30 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI73360), D&C RED NO. 7 CALCIUM LAKE (CI15850), ULTRAMARINES (CI77007), D&C RED NO. 6 BARIUM LAKE (CI15850), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI77510), CARMINE (CI75470), FD&C BLUE NO. 1 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI42090), D&C RED NO. 28 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI45410), D&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI19140)].

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is a peach-pink color. It's quite pigmented and buildable but I find the color to be too pale for me. I'm NC25.

Very poor lasting power.

The product itself in the pan doesn't look very smooth, though. I can see crumbles in it, so it doesn't come off evenly on the brush, but its not really a big deal.

What i really love about this blush is how compact it is...just so very travel friendly, yet the right size to get a good even distribution of product on the brush.

However, compared to shu uemura's matte pink blush...this blush is nothing!

Won't repurchase.

UPDATE: I just started to apply this blusher with a stiffer blush brush and this drastically reduces the time I spend on layering to get the color to show up properly. I'm just doing this until I'm over with it. It's just a tip I thought to share.

on 4/11/2009 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a really pretty pink blush. I bought this blush a while back when the packaing was diffrent. They have improved their packaging. I bought this blush not realizing I owned it. I really love this blush. This blush works for those people afraid of using blush. It wont make you look scary, just very natural.

on 4/11/2009 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

a friend gave me this when she realized that her skin tone was too warm for it.
i used it once and was hooked. i hate shimmery blush (especially when i'm having a bad skin day-shimmer just screams 'looks at my acne!!') and this gives the perfect flush w/ no glittery effect. the color is natural on me (very very pale), but i can layer it up or put it on with a different, more dense brush to make it more intense.
love it, will definitely buy again.

on 3/30/2009 9:37:00 PM

i also got this on sale with the Pink Rose blush since it was only $3. This is a great blush to use for everyday purposes. As I've mentioned in my Pink Rose review, my problem is the shimmer especially when I step outside since it's noticeable. Other than that, cheap and awesome product!

on 3/3/2009 7:06:00 PM

I don't wear blush, but when I do, this is the one I grab!
It's a very pretty peachy pink, and looks SO natural and pretty,
I really like this!

Edit*** Once you go out into natural day light, there is more shimmer than I expected, but It is still pretty good.

on 2/6/2009 5:54:00 PM

I bought this as a BOGO in December and loved the nicely pigmented pink-peach color. It showed up through my freckles and didn't clash with my warm skin or my predominately warm lipstick colors.

One day I was standing out in my yard talking to my neighbor and she asked if I had been to a party the night before because there was glitter on my cheeks. So, that's how I learned that this blush has glitter in it--because you can't see it in the pan, and it doesn't show up under indoor lighting. In full sunlight, however, the glitter is obvious enough to draw comments. Glitter is one of my prime no-nos, along with fuschia lipstick.

Packaging is streamlined and sturdy enough but I won't rebuy this blush and most likely will throw it out because I have no room in my traincase for glittery products.

on 1/30/2009 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This looks like a soft pink in the pan, but is actually more of a peachy pink once on the cheeks. The color is very buildable and blendable. It gives a nice, soft, glowy flush to my cheeks. Looks great in indoor lighting. Once outside though, the shimmer is really obvious and doesn't look quite as natural as I would like. The packaging is very small and flat which is great for travel, but not so great for ease of opening. Still at $4CAD, it was a great deal and I would buy this again in the future.

on 1/19/2009 5:06:00 PM

I'm impressed! I purchased a Rimmel blush a few years back ("Bronze" I think) and it was sorta blah - no pigment, couldn't get any blush on my brushes... but Santa Rose is everything that wasn't! Weird. It really does live up to the hype. The packaging is flimsy, but I can forgive that. Now I want to try Peach!

on 1/7/2009 8:48:00 PM

Love everything about this blush, can wear it everyday... So subtle and soft, very natural looking on my fair - med skin

on 12/13/2008 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Beautiful colour, great quality, great price and so cheap [$5!] I bought it because I read it was similar to NARS blush in Orgasm, and it really is quite similar - peachy pink, not orange as most "peach" shades are. Awesome product, just wish it was a little bigger - but I also like that it's small because it's really great for travelling.