October 21, 2014 | 992 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by sjearc

This is first eyeshadow primer I have tried, and I was a little sceptical. However, this product is amazing! My eyeshadow stays on all day without creasing, and it's also great for using on my lower lash line to keep make up in place. My eyelids can be very slightly oily so sometimes I use this on its own even if I'm not wearing eyeshadow that day as it keeps my eyelids matte. I would recommend this product to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I love the sponge tip applicator. I've been using Bare Minerals Prime Time for years, and I'm sick of the squeeze tube. However, I have very sensitive eyes, and Prime Time is the only primer that doesn't make my eyes water and burn. I wanted to give Nars a chance. It's a wonderful product, and works even better than UDPP. However, it did make my eyes burn and tear up, so I had to return it. My rating does not reflect this, however, because my sensitive eyes are not the fault of Nars. I definitely recommend this, and I checked that I would buy it again so I wouldn't unfairly affect the ratings.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The product itself is pretty good but UDPP and shadow insurance worked well too. I have quite oily lids so i need some primer.
Although i like this stuff the package is just too big minus for me. I'm sure there will be tons of primer left and you can't get it out. Even the material is so hard it's hard to split. SO unless they change the package, i'll never buy this again. Ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

My favorite eyeshadow primer by far. It's in a league of its own. I have UDPP and Lorac's primer, but this one is the best. With UDPP my eyeshadow stays on without creasing but there is still a little bit of fading. The color doesn't look as fresh as it did when I apply it in the morning. Nars Pro primer actually makes my eyeshadows look like I just applied them. There is no difference from morning to evening. The price is high, but its so much better than anything else out there.

I recommend this for women with super oily eyelids like me. If you're eyes are normal then it might be worth it to save some money and go for UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love everything about this primer. I can put my eyeshadow on and it's staying in place until I take it off. I've spent a long time looking for a primer that worked as well as UDPP after I developed an allergy to it, and finally I have. I might even dare to say that it's better. The texture of it on my lids is incredible. I also happen to like the doe foot applicator, it's easier and less messy IMO than a squeeze tube. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great eye primer! I have very oily lids and deep-set eyes, and even eyeliner creases in an hour without a primer. This primer makes my eye makeup last perfectly until bedtime! The product looks white but goes on clear (but I do have very pale skin so I'm not sure if it would leave a white cast on darker skintones). I like the doefoot applicator and find application quick and easy. It dries almost instantly so you don't have to wait long before doing the rest of your eye makeup. My only complaint is that it's pretty expensive for the small amount of product you get -- LORAC is a better buy and works nearly as well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by rpairan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am on my second tube of this. It makes everything stay on until you take it off, or you aproach 48 hours of wear (I know I know). If you put it on too thick it can crease. I like to put some on my pointer finger rub and then apply to my eyes. One tube can last me about 6-7months if not longer. I have crazy oily eyelids and primer insurance/UDPD/Lorac didn't work at all for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got many samples of this from Sephora from a VIB event. So many people rave about this online and I just thought for sure this would be better than UDPP....ummm nope!! It is so hard to blend into my eyelids and it even smudges itself!! WTH??? As soon as I apply it and open then close my eyes, it has already formed a smudge in my crease. And it doesn't allow nice application of eyeshadow. I found it was kinda leaving a drying effect and flaked a bit. Weird. I don't know why all the hype and positive reviews. I don't even have a huge issue with creases and oilies on a normal day and found this didn't do much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by materialgirl897

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best eye primer ever! I've tried them all and have repurchased this twice. I like the texture, dries transparent and is nice and thin. I'm not a fan of the thick look that a MAC paint pot or UDPP gives. This is undetectable. I let it dry for a minute for the best results. This has passed the messy night out test on numerous occasions for me (even woken up the next morning with perfect eyes, not recommended but impressive nonetheless) and is hands down HG material!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Delaylah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this stuff. My eye makeup stays on ALL day. No creasing, smudging and it just stays perfect until I take it off.
I work out during my lunch hour at work and as such, I don't have time to remove and reapply my makeup. The first time I used this, I was really just amazed when I got back to the locker room...perfect makeup! No joke, my eyes looked exactly the same as they had in the morning when I first did my eyes. The same goes for a night out clubbing. Even if it gets really hot in the club, my eye makeup stays pristine.

The only con for me is the applicator, I wish this came in a pump instead of a tube with a lipgloss like applicator, as that would be more hygienic, but overall, this is an amazing product that I will continue to buy, over and over again.