April 24, 2014 | 1944 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by jtmonian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

She's the badiest of them all. No smuging, no creasing, no fading. This is the only eye primer I use and my eyeshadow stays in place and last all day no matter how hot or humid it is. I wish it was in a tube or jar like container, this wand thing is a mess, other than that this a very good product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far this is the only eyeshadow primer that works for me. I have the oiliest lids ever, so even with this primer my lids crease some, BUT, when paired with MAC painterly paint pot on top, my eyeshadows crease less. It works much better than UDPP and TFSI for me, but it is disappointing because my eyeshadows still crease some. Overall I like the consistency and it doesn't irritate my eyes, unlike UDPP.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my go to eye primer. i have oily lids and i have tried bare minerals, too faced and urban decay and out of all these, this is the winner. i love how it spreads, the way it feels and how my eye shadow stays creaseless all day all night! i use eye primer on days i dont have eye makeup on and it keeps my crease nice and matte. only complaint is the bulky packaging. does the wand have to be so long and big? i wish it came in a little tube or make the wand/applicator handle shorter because it takes up so much space in my makeup bag when i travel with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked that this primer held its own in a side by side comparison for a week with TFSI on me - on my moderately dry lids, UDPP is a bit drying and can flake ever so slightly, TFSI is perfect, and the Nars comes in a close second. I like that it feels more moisturizing and blends with less effort than TfSI or UDPP. The packaging is a deal breaker for me, though. I'm not a fan of anything with a wand that has to touch skin or lips. I'd like to at least see how much is left if I don't have the tube to feel how much is left, and for the price I'm sticking with TFSI as my continued HG. If someone gave me this Nars one, through, I wouldn't cry about it! It's good stuff and you should at least give it a go and see how it works for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really liked this primer at first. It was about a 3.5 to 4 star product. I still had some issues with creasing, but colors amplified well, and in general, Smudge Proof kept most of my stubborn eyeshadows in place. I was pretty happy to have finally found a decent primer. And then the milia struck! My lids are now covered in teeny tiny bumps that are a bear to remove; I'm currently doing everything I can to get rid of the milia naturally. The only way other way to get rid of them is having a dermatologist pop them with a needle, and I sure as hell don't want a NEEDLE near my EYELID, or eyes for that matter. I know for a fact that Smudge Proof is to blame; I had a similar reaction to another primer in January, and it took me 3 months to return my lids to normal. I'm just allergic to the more powerful primers, I guess. This made me angry and sad, because I'm having a hard time wearing creamy textures on my lids right now. Other reviewers on MUA and other sites have mentioned this milia issue, so I'm afraid that NARS isn't the best for people with skin that tends to break out. Here's hoping they come out with a sensitive skin version!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by stacyavdeeva

About the product:
- Contains 8g of product
- Goes on white but blends into nothing
- Has a dove foot applicator
I love this eyeshadow primer.The best one I've used by far for my oily eyelids, and I am saying that mac paintpots crease on me by themselves. I wish the price was a little lower. I also wish that it came in a squeeze tube like many others have said because I'm almost done with mine but I get the feeling a lot of product still remains hidden inside the tube. I would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this eye primer it's the only one that works for my oily eyelids. The only drawback is the packaging!!!! I hate the doe foot applicator I would prefer a squeeze tube like another mua'er said...the price is a bit high but it lasts a while. Overall I'd buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by zoidal123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Amazing product. This is the only eye primer that has ever worked on my extremely oily eyelids. The only thing wrong with it is the packaging, I wish it was in a squeeze tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by runty

This is the best eye primer I have found. I have extremely oily eyelids, and eyeshadow always creases on me. Urban decay, bare escentuals, Mac paint pots - all left me with creasing within an hour or so. But today I used this for the first time, and my eye makeup lasted from 7am all the way til 10 pm with very minimal smudging and NO CREASING! In fact after washing my face with my cleanser there is still a lot of eye makeup on. This is a miracle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Umthisisawkward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Twice a year I get on average $1000 worth of Shiseido and Nars cosmetics because of my lovely father being a security guard during their big sales. I got this in April and what can I say besides LOVE. Its so smooth and creamy and goes on white dries clear. It doesn't crease and won't smudge my eyeshadow at all. Hopefully this winter when he goes back for another security gig, Ill more of this amazing stuff.