April 16, 2014 | 944 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked that this primer held its own in a side by side comparison for a week with TFSI on me - on my moderately dry lids, UDPP is a bit drying and can flake ever so slightly, TFSI is perfect, and the Nars comes in a close second. I like that it feels more moisturizing and blends with less effort than TfSI or UDPP. The packaging is a deal breaker for me, though. I'm not a fan of anything with a wand that has to touch skin or lips. I'd like to at least see how much is left if I don't have the tube to feel how much is left, and for the price I'm sticking with TFSI as my continued HG. If someone gave me this Nars one, through, I wouldn't cry about it! It's good stuff and you should at least give it a go and see how it works for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really liked this primer at first. It was about a 3.5 to 4 star product. I still had some issues with creasing, but colors amplified well, and in general, Smudge Proof kept most of my stubborn eyeshadows in place. I was pretty happy to have finally found a decent primer. And then the milia struck! My lids are now covered in teeny tiny bumps that are a bear to remove; I'm currently doing everything I can to get rid of the milia naturally. The only way other way to get rid of them is having a dermatologist pop them with a needle, and I sure as hell don't want a NEEDLE near my EYELID, or eyes for that matter. I know for a fact that Smudge Proof is to blame; I had a similar reaction to another primer in January, and it took me 3 months to return my lids to normal. I'm just allergic to the more powerful primers, I guess. This made me angry and sad, because I'm having a hard time wearing creamy textures on my lids right now. Other reviewers on MUA and other sites have mentioned this milia issue, so I'm afraid that NARS isn't the best for people with skin that tends to break out. Here's hoping they come out with a sensitive skin version!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by stacyavdeeva

About the product:
- Contains 8g of product
- Goes on white but blends into nothing
- Has a dove foot applicator
I love this eyeshadow primer.The best one I've used by far for my oily eyelids, and I am saying that mac paintpots crease on me by themselves. I wish the price was a little lower. I also wish that it came in a squeeze tube like many others have said because I'm almost done with mine but I get the feeling a lot of product still remains hidden inside the tube. I would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this eye primer it's the only one that works for my oily eyelids. The only drawback is the packaging!!!! I hate the doe foot applicator I would prefer a squeeze tube like another mua'er said...the price is a bit high but it lasts a while. Overall I'd buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by zoidal123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Amazing product. This is the only eye primer that has ever worked on my extremely oily eyelids. The only thing wrong with it is the packaging, I wish it was in a squeeze tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by runty

This is the best eye primer I have found. I have extremely oily eyelids, and eyeshadow always creases on me. Urban decay, bare escentuals, Mac paint pots - all left me with creasing within an hour or so. But today I used this for the first time, and my eye makeup lasted from 7am all the way til 10 pm with very minimal smudging and NO CREASING! In fact after washing my face with my cleanser there is still a lot of eye makeup on. This is a miracle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Umthisisawkward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Twice a year I get on average $1000 worth of Shiseido and Nars cosmetics because of my lovely father being a security guard during their big sales. I got this in April and what can I say besides LOVE. Its so smooth and creamy and goes on white dries clear. It doesn't crease and won't smudge my eyeshadow at all. Hopefully this winter when he goes back for another security gig, Ill more of this amazing stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Brandyalexander87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all, let me say that I have the oiliest eyelids you could ever imagine. Nothing works for me: no UD Primer Potion, no TF Shadow Insurance, no MAC Paint Pots. Nothing, except NARS Eyeshadow Base.
My eyeshadow usually starts to crease about 30-60 minutes after I have patiently applied it, no matter what eyeshadow primer I've used. Since I bought NARS Eyeshadow Base, I can safely say that my eyeshadow lasts at least up to 6 hours before it starts to crease - which, for me, is a miracle.
The packaging resembles a mascara tube, with a doe foot applicator instead of the mascara wand. I gave the packaging a 4 for two reasons: (1) as with all NARS' products, the packaging will get absolutely filthy in a matter of minutes, especially if you store it with the rest of your make up. (2) with the plastic white tube is quite hard to figure out how much product is left, and I guess that when it'll come to an end, it will be impossible to scratch the product that is left on the sides of the tube.
Nevertheless, I absolutely adore this product. The consistency is that of a white, sticky cream eyeshadow (much more sticky than UD PP). One dip of the wand is enough for both eyes. I tend to wait a couple of minutes before I apply my eyeshadow, so to give the primer the chance to adhere to the eyelids. The results are fantastic: I can finally wear an eyeshadow for more than half an hour!
I wil definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by BluEydQT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I've tried many primers that are out there on my super oily lids. I've tried Elf, UDPP, Mac Paint Pot in Painterly, and Smashbox Primer. They all creased on me some as soon as 4 hours. A primer has to last at least 12 hours for me to say that it works. I want to do my makeup in the morning and forget about it. Well, I've found my HG primer. NARS is awesome and I wish I had found it sooner. A couple of tricks that the NARS SA told me was to wipe my eyelids with a gentle toner before applying the primer, then my foundation, then my powder, and finally my eyeshadow. This stuff works so well that I had to really work to get the eyeshadow off. It was super hot yesterday and today and my makeup didn't budge. Today I even went so far as sweating like crazy cleaning and the primer still held up. I had it on for 14 hours before I removed it. You don't know how happy I am to finally find a primer that works on my crazy lids. I think the other things helped too. I will definitely be buying this again. I don't even mind the price because it works so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 6:55:00 AM More reviews by irisis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The ony primer I've tried that does not allow my eyeshadow to crease or fade.
I have oily lids and this has been awesome! It's easy to apply with the doe foot applicator it has. It's also easy to spread over the lid. Dries quickly so I can start applying shadow and liner quickly after application.
It lasts along time too.