April 21, 2014 | 988 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After doing some research and the big hype on you tube and on beauty blogs. I decided to purchase this and this is an amazing brush for applying liquid foundation, powder foundation etc! I LOVE it. MY HG brush for flawless looking skin!

I have a set of brushes from them and they are great quality for the price!

I highly recommend this! you can also google for coupon code as well. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by cel1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this brush after watching the Pixiwoo's use something similar (although they use Real Techniques i think) and Lisa Eldridge using this brush. I am somewhat sceptical with advice from YouTube gurus but these girls seem to know what they're talking about.
In Australia most decent make up brushes are ridiculously expensive (I'm looking at you MAC) so was looking for something recommended and not quite so expensive.

Pros
Brush arrived in perfect condition and arrived quickly.
Bristles are soft. Really soft! They don't feel scratchy at all on my face.
Brush is dense and bristles are tightly packed
Size is perfect. Big enough to make quick work of foundation application but small enough to not have to use another brush around the mouth/nose etc
Price is very reasonable in Australia even including postage
Foundation does not streak when buffed into the skin with this brush

Cons
None yet although I haven't had this brush for a great deal of time. Will update if anything changes dramatically after cleaning/washing/extended use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Beautifulbride6807

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this brush! It is so much easier and faster to apply my foundation. The product just glides onto my face with this brush. This brush was $16.00. I usually would never pay that much for a brush, but the quality is amazing. I ordered this brush from the Sigma website with the standard shipping. I got this brush in about 5 days. This brush is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by hybridlola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best foundation brush I have ever used. It is large enough to allow me to cover my whole face quickly, but I am also able to use the edges of the brush to maneuver smaller areas. The brush is extremely soft, yet it is dense enough to buff liquid foundation to a perfectly natural finish.

Previously my favourite brush for liquid foundations was the Sephora #45 Mineral Powder brush. I like the Sigma F80 better because it is larger, allowing me apply my foundation much faster. It is also significantly cheaper than the Sephora brush and is of equivalent quality.

Canadians take note: I purchased this brush from FTB Beauty and received it in two days. I was going to buy the brush from the Sigma website, but the expected shipping time was multiple weeks. I had never heard of FTB Beauty, but had a very positive experience with them. They ship from their Toronto warehouse and stock brands such as Sigma and E.L.F.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by tamineseoud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this brush! I'm not a fan of regular foundation brushes but F80 is totally different! It provides a beautiful finish and good coverage.. it isn't expensive.. The only thing I don't like about it is that I think it is hard to clean and it takes more time to dry, but maybe it's like that with all flat top brushes, I'm not sure. It's one of my favorites brushes, other that I really like too is Sephora Classic Mineral Powder Brush #45. It's supposed to apply mineral foundation but it does a great job with liquid as well! I recommend both brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by yeseniax3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

after hearing so, so much hype about this brush on youtube from makeup guru's and just about everyone i decided to go ahead and buy this brush. the brush cost $16 and was worth every penny. i've never had my foundation look so flawless and blend in so perfectly. the bristles of this brush are incredibley soft and i haven't had any shedding even after washing it plenty of times. this brush really is worth the price and worth the hype i would reccommend it to anyone !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by delta_h52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this brush! I use it to apply liquid foundation (MAC studiofix) and it is a flawless finish. The best part is that is takes me about 2 minutes to perfect my foundation when it used to take me 10 minutues with a flat foundation brush. It does shred when first purchased. Overall, I think this brush is amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by amandak430

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Usually $16 for a make up brush is a lot for me. I'm only 14 and don't have a job or anything so I don't want to spend a ton of money on make up, I usually buy from elf and drug store make up brands. But I've seen so many reviews on this that when I had some extra money I bought it. I just got it in the mail today, and I am so thrilled. It gave me a very good coverage and my face looks so good! I am excited because the foundation that I use isn't a high end one, but using this brush with it makes it look like it could be expensive. I don't have the best skin, so I always wear face makeup and after a year of using my fingers or a cheap applicator to apply my foundation, I am go glad that I switched to this because my face looks amazing. I would definitely recommend this! :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by jayluvsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Best makeup brush ever. Blends liquid foundation to a flawfless finish. Every since I got this it is the only brush I have used for foundation application.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by sherbearx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really love this brush! Gives you a very flawless finish (I, like most people on here, have been using it to apply liquid foundation) and wonderful for blending. I use it with my MAC Studio Sculpts. It's so soft and the bristles are very dense. Highly recommended!