October 23, 2014 | 2008 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 5:37:00 AM More reviews by amoxon

Love this brush. It is half the price of the Mac equivalent here in the UK and I think it is better. Perfect for liquid foundations, I particularly like it with Nars Sheer Glow, leaves such a great finish, like airbrushed!
Would highly recommend purchasing this, it's a must in any brush collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by shanpanwan

Love this brush to apply liquid foundation! So soft and blends in my make up so easily!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by claud519

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought my Sigma Synthetic Flat Kabuki brush from Sigmabeauty.com. I am a Makeup Artist by profession and majority of the brushes that I use are from Sigma. I particularly love this Sigma F80 brush for applying liquid foundation. The thickness of the soft synthetic bristles are just perfect to buff on your foundation. It allows you to distribute your foundation evenly and flawlessly. You can achieve medium to full coverage using this F80 brush. I have been using it for months now and so far, I have not experience any shedding, which is one thing that I always watch out for when I am trying out a new brush. I'd have to say that this brush is worth it, for those of you who are considering on buying one, go for it! Sigma brushes are great and I love it!

For this month of July (2012) you can use Sigma discount code AP2012 for a 10% discount. You may copy and paste this link to get you to Sigma's website:

Hope this helps in any way, bye!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Arod4744

The F80 is one of the 5 Sigmax face brushes Sigma Offers. This brush is so good. It leaves ur makeup with an airbrush like finish. Shedding is little to none. However you do use a little more product being that the brush is so dence. Cleaning is easy but drying takes so long. ALWAYS no matter what brush you have try to dry with a brush gaurd helps keep shapes of the brushes. I have a mac 130 and that brush has shed so much that i dont even reach for it . This brush is a must have for any collection

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by sophs13xo

Holy-grail brush:) I love how it effortlessly blends in my foundation. I also use it for my concealer sometimes. The brush is so soft and it doesn't shed at all. The only con is that it does absorb alot of product since the bristles are so dense- so washing it is a task because there is alot of buildup in the bristles and it takes forever to dry but regardless...It is truly an amazing brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by funyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm sooo late in finding out about this brush! After using this, I realized that after all these years I have been applying my foundation in a way that doesn't give a flawless look (my fingers). This has definitely made a big difference in how my skin looks after using this brush. This was my first Sigma purchase and I'm so happy with this! Before this I bought the Elf powder brush and that made my skin look very nice as well. But after hearing all the hype about the F80 I needed to have this, and I love the flawless effect it gives me. F80 takes a little longer than the Elf brush to buff out my foundation, but I've found it really gives a beautiful airbrush effect. Everyone must buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by ashtheflowerchild

This is my HG brush for applying my foundation! I could not do my foundation routine without this brush.

Pros:

Hasn't shed at all so far. (I've been using it daily for about five months)

It is easy to clean (I clean mine every two days with a mix of antibacterial soap to kill bacteria and olive oil to condition the fibers)

This brush blends foundation into my skin so flawlessly

I feel that it gives me a fuller coverage, which I love because of acne scarring.

Cons:

None, besides being a tiny bit expensive. (But not compared to a MAC brush!)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by bballsmi423

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG brush for foundation. It really buffs the foundation into the skin to give a flawless finish. I think I purchased it for $16 off of Sigma's website, so it's a bit pricey for a cheaper brand IMO, but it's definitely worth every penny. I'm actually going to buy another one or two for a backup so I don't have to wash mine as much. If you're still looking for a great liquid foundation brush, go get this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 6:45:00 AM More reviews by Candi88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very good brush for powders !!!! Very dense

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 5:04:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this brush for months now and didn't like it initially. I found the bristles too dense and drags my skin as i'm applying foundation.

After experimenting with it for a while, I found i really liked using it. I'll spray with water twice on the bristles before dabbing into my foundation and applying to my face. This makes the bristles slightly moist and spreads foundation better. It gives an even finish and I really love it now.

The bristles are very soft and smooth, the brush feels sturdy and very good quality. Definitely worth the US$16. I love the way it looks, very professional.

The only con is that it takes me about 2 days to dry but I guess that's just due to the very densely packed bristles.