April 20, 2014 | 1832 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2012 7:58:00 AM More reviews by lovemakeup17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

HATE IT....
the product is creamy enought. BUT under my eyes it makes me look like im 90 years old.. I GET SOO MANY WRINKLES, I'VE NEVER SEEN!!!!
u can't see them at all in real life (im 18) but when i apply this they are all over the place even my sister on 20 (which never uses makeup) said, wow u look like a elefant with all thoose wrinkles with ur new concealer!
auch.. NEVER but this, its crap., on blemishes it dried my skin sooo much.., and didn't even last that long... CRAP CRAP CRAP! AND its too expensive for such a crappy thing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, this concealer does last for a very long time and it does offer great medium coverage, but from my experience, it can dry out your skin and become orange. It does its job, but not naturally enough. It always appears to match my skin tone, but that always changes within a few hours of use. I'm not into looking like I smeered cheetos on my face, so I gave it three lippys instead of 4.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2012 5:15:00 AM More reviews by Les281

I am about nc40 ish skin right now and I use this product from time to time. What I do like about it is that it has a peachy tint to it so it helps conceal my purple/blue-ishness cirles. I use this as my "base concealer' (using a tiny amount) then apply foundation & put a creamier concealer on top of it. It dries really fast so you have to be careful w/ it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by happyasthesun

I WISH this came in more shades because Light was too light on me and the next shade down was too pink on me. Blahh.

This is a great concealer. It's thick but not cakey, and if you work quickly (this sets FAST) then you can blend it in easily and it stays ALL day. literally. I have to work so hard to make sure I have the right amount of other creamier concealers to make sure it doesn't crease/fade during the day, but for this I just dab it over my imperfections and give it maybe like 2 seconds to set and then start dabbing with my finger, and it sinks in and sets and doesn't budge ALL day.

It's also the most pigmented concealer i've come across thus far - actually conceals my acne scars which others didn't once I blended it into the skin. I think it's because it's not SO creamy that it just melts into my skin.

Will it last 24 hours? I've never tried. But I have gone 12 hour days of classes, labs, and work and there has been no issue of it fading (long after my eyeshadow and blush have given up).

The only downfall is that its shade selection is not the best, which makes me very very sad because this would be HG if i could find my perfect shade. The quest continues.

CONSIDER FOR:
- long lasting properties
- easy application
- full coverage concealing

SKIP BECAUSE:
- overapplying can make it cakey
- sets SUPER fast; application learning takes a bit of experimenting

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is so gross I really don't understand the good reviews. First of all I got this in too light a shade so it makes me look like a vampire. If you knew me you would understand it is really difficult to find something TOO pale for me. My biggest problem though (since the color choice was my fault) is that is super cakey and goopy. It's thick and it dosn't blend, it stays goopy for a long time but if you try to blend it the bottom layer won't budge. This also DOES NOT last 24 hours like that claim makes me laugh, it lasts like an hour because it rubs off and transfers like crazy. Will not repurchase the only thing it is good for is as an eyeshadow primer in a verrrrry thin layer because like i said that bottom layer wont budge after it sets (the problem is as a concealer that bottom layer isn't enough to cover any blemishes or dark circles) but it is pretty good at keeping shadow in place. It was also rather expensive its a small tube (much smaller than fit me concealer) and it was 9 dollars at CVS

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by makeup8maniac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favourite ever concealer. I have VERY bad skin. Active spots, old spots and acne scaring. This covers ALL my blemishes.
It is very thick so a little goes a long way. My only gripe with it is that it claims to last 24 hours. It doesn't. It's nothing awfull (It is my favourite after all) and it lasts a good few hours, mid afternoon/ early evening after applying it in the morning but I feel it's wrong to call it an (up to) 24 hour one if it's no where near...

People have said it doesn't cover their dark under eye bags but I don't think a concealer like this work be best for that anyway. This is thick, matte and fast drying wearas for under eyes I would use something 'sheeny', lumonous and fairly light = easily blendable.

I dot this on a spot/ dark skin mark, with the sponge applicator and then blend in with a finger.
The colour range isn't great at all, but I am lucky in that number 3 suits me perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by rosalynxrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a longer lasting concealer for my acne scars and stumbled across this product. I must say I'm impressed with the coverage and it really does last! But the color selection isn't great, and it doesn't match my skin completely. I use the medium beige but it looks a little orange. I also can't double it up as an under-eye concealer because its too dark and orange. I like to use a highlighter or neutralizer for my dark circles, so I need a separate concealer for that. They do carry a neutralizer in this line but I haven't tried it out yet. Anyways, for the price I'd say it's definitely worth a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Sunshineyaaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought what i think is the lightest shade... 701 - ivory. I used it to cover a few moles on my arm... that is how I test concealers. A couple hours later I look down and see orange spots on my arm... the stuff turned orange and is way too dark for my very fair skin.
On the plus side it even stayed on through my shower so it really does have staying power. Although, that may mean that it might be hard to wash off.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Katie19851

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

By far the best cheap concealer I have ever used!! It covers up everything you could ever want a consealer to cover, pimples of any size or color are hidden, even covers hickys! hahah an it actually stays!! Never buying anything else again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by bitternessinmymouth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the second-lightest shade. I apply it to specific spots after my foundation. The applicator is pretty easy to use; it's similar to a that of a tube lip gloss. I pat/blend with my finger, and it does a pretty decent job of concealing. It looks really patchy and unnatural on my under-eye circles, so I'll probably use something else for that. Otherwise, it's a decent concealer. Gets the job done. I got mine at Target for around $6.