October 30, 2014 | 1827 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's NOT good for a concealer. I used it once and never touched it again. But lately, I've been using it as a highlighter for my nose and it's actually good for that purpose lol I wouldn't buy again though!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by billie999

Super crap would be a better name for this product.

I never thought it was possible to have a concealer be too thin to cover any blemishes, yet still manage to look thick and caked on. Until I bought this that is.

It doesn't cover my blemishes, it looks caked on and terrible when I apply it (probably because you have to put a gallon on to cover any mark on your face). To top it all off, I am the palest person you will ever come in contact with. And the shade I use is always the lightest. Well I bought the lightest and it was WAY TOO LIGHT FOR ME! When a concealer is too light for ME, that is saying something.

To top it all off I believe this broke me out. I have 2 Maybelline products, and one of them is this. I am not sure which product broke me out but it was possibly this concealer, if not another Maybelline product. From now on the only Maybelline products I'll buy is their mascaras.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Lyra16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I loved it at first yet within a an hour it looks bad. It changes colour over a couple of weeks- sometimes more orange-ish, sometimes lighter. In addition to that problem, this can be full coverage yet it is so heavy it bunches up and gets cakey so easily. Don't even mention powder as it makes it worse. I would rather have something sheer than cakey. I have tried to use moisturizer and let that set- yet it has no effect. Even with a primer too. I love the colour and how it looks RIGHT after applying it... Sadly it does not last. This is not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by slacamoire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to love this product, but every single time I've bought it, the concealer has separated into 3-4 different colors in the tube after about a month. No joke. I store it in a cool, dark place in the bathroom, but I have stopped using it because the color changes so dramatically. It's a shame, because the concealer works great for the first month before the color changes!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by jessbeth

This is a great product. I ahve also tried A LOT of concealors and I feel like this one is the best. It is a small amount in the tube, but it does last. Also, if your skin is dry or flakey, it will show it (like most concealors). Covers my dark circles and blemishes if applied correctly.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by oknad78

I have tried every concealor out there from expensive to cheap and tried this one on a wimp and it really works well to hide my dark circles. Im fair skinned and with dark circles its hard to conceal without being too cakey looking. It stays on all day and looks natural!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by ThiaLou

I like this product but I think its making my chin break out!!
I think ill stop using it on my chin and only for my under eyes.

It does tend to cake so only use a little
and it does stay on all day.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by SaharaFTW

Nice compact packaging but the quality of the product is horrible. It is drying and cakey on the skin! I ha this small dark bruise on my nose and i patted this on lightly, looked again and it was as though i had not put any on! Absolutely horrible, in my opinion!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by anthropologolistic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The bottom line before the rant? You get what you pay for, and makeup gurus and newbies alike, this is a dirt cheap concealer: and boy can you tell. I have extremely fair and dry skin, and you can see blue plexuses of veins under my skin, especially by my tear ducts. But, somehow under my eyes it manages to cake up something terribly obvious from even afar and still offers no coverage in any sense of the the word. A warning to ladies who love "long lasting" products: these tend to dry out your skin and age it in time. You are far better off with three hour touch-ups then a 24 hour concealer that wreaks havoc to drying out skin. It has no redeeming qualities as an under-eye concealer, but to cover slight redness in-between my brows it was the closest shade in three drugstores I could find ("ivory"), it scrapes by two stars. Still, it has to be heavily blended and the area underneath moisturized well first, I would recommend using a concealer brush (I adore most all things Bobbi Brown) to apply this, as the applicator is highly unsanitary in it's potential to carry conjunctivitis.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by winniedahpooh

This concealer is not the worst concealer in the world, but certainly not the best.
Its cakey and drying. I've tried it so many different ways, and if I apply a tiny bit it doesn't cover, but if I add more it gets cakey. I can only use this on undereyes, because if I use it on blemishes it just brings more attention to it.
it does last a very long time on the skin.
I don't like the doe foot applicator packaging, because its unsanitary. I dab it on the back of my hand and then apply it with a concealer brush. This yields the best results.
All in all, if you use a correct application method, this could work for someone with oily skin if they are on a budget.