September 2, 2014 | 878 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst - Soft Nude 070 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I finally got my hands on the elusive Soft Nude, and I'm so disappointed!! I heard so many good things about this lipstick and searched for months for it without any luck. It was always sold out at Target, and I couldn't find it at Walgreens or CVS. However, a couple of days ago, Target restocked on Revlon products, and I was able to finally pick one up! I went home eager to try this out and see what all the rave was about. Unfortunately, it did not measure up to my expectations. I felt that the formula wasn't as creamy as so many people have said, and the color looked ashy on my lips. I tried putting lipgloss on top, but it didn't help. This lipstick is definitely too light for dark skin. I gave this an extra lippie because of the cute packaging. Other than that, I'm not impressed at all!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by cnabbey88

This is a good nude shade on me. Doesn't wash me out or look weird on. It doesn't give me concealer lips either. I am NC20-25 for reference. It goes on smoothly and is pretty moisturizing for a lipstick. I would recommend to anyone looking for a good nude lipstick. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by AmyRuth23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I did not like this product at all. I saw many pictures of people and it looked so pretty. I was so excited to get it, but it was sooo orange and just not pretty. The packaging is cute and it applies well, but I would never buy this color again. I felt like I was wearing orange lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by happycanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find pale/nude colors in general hard to pull off, I've tried many and have had limited success with a few. I have cool, fair yellow-toned skin and the best nude-ish color I've found prior to this is MAC's Shy Girl, but I still found that a tad on the peachy side. My lips are also pretty pigmented to start with. Bought this on a whim and in comparison to Shy Girl this has less peach to it, it's a lot more neutral but not so much so that it washes me out. When swatched on the back of my hand I thought it was going to be too orange, but on lips it does a good job of blanking out my natural lip color, leaving in its place a nude color with the slightest hint of peach. Any less color and this would not work on me. I can put a pretty thick coat of it on without it gooping or settling into fine lines. It doesn't feel really moisturizing but it also doesn't dry my lips out unlike some other lipsticks which feel really creamy but leave me with dry lips at the end of the day. Finish is somewhere between creamy and satin. Stays on ok, I don't detect any shimmer in it. This is the best nude lipcolor I have found so far. For those people who have difficulty pulling off a true nude, I'd say give this a try!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not too sure about this product. As per some of the reviews I was expecting to just slap this on and go but I couldnt. I was dissapointed at the texture at first and was going to return it to the drugstore without even leaving the parking lot. Anyways when I got home I decided to give it another shot. I added some lip balm and then a little bit of Mac's Spice lipliner and smoothed this on lightly. It actually looked nice. Some people say this is a dupe for Creme du nude but I found this one to be richer in colour, warmer and a little easier to wear. I think it's pretty drying... I was expecting this to be fairly glossy and smooth in texture. In certain light it looks mat and others it actually has some sparkle to it. So pretty interesting I must say :) LOL. Not sure If I'll repurchase it again but I think I do like it. I have a low attention span for lipsticks unfortunetely (except for Mac's Modesty.. my HG MLBB lippy) so I'm sure I'll be buying another nude before this one gets used up.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by jjuicyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so excited about this product for the longest time! it was sold out everytime i went to buy it and finally got my hands on it this summer. i am basically a nude lipstick fiend and am a longtime user of MAC myth and my all time fav creme d nude....soft nude was soooo disappointing. i have blonde hair and tan skin so i can typically pull off a true nude lip without looking like a pale corpse, but this color looks absolutely crazy on me. in every picture/video ive seen of it on other people it looks awesome but it literally looks ORANGE on me and slides around the outsides of my mouth....very weird. i keep going back to it every few months or so seeing if i might change my mind about it....i tried layering w/ lipglosses but nothing makes a difference. such an awkward orange color....real shame

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by melodycadence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

perfect nude for me as well, NC30. =D love the creaminess and lack of shimmer, love the packaging, what can I say? I just love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by etooz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The mountains of positive reviews for this color shows me how hungry the public is for a GOOD, PALE NUDE. People cling to this shade because it's basically all we have out there that isn't 20+ bucks a tube. Revlon's nudes (Soft Nude, Nude Attitude and Smooth Nude) all have an odd peachy tone to them. Perhaps on people with a deeper skin tone, this is flattering. On me, a C/NC 20-25, it just looks...orange. My HG nude was L'Oreal Shine Delice Coffee Blast, but that's so long gone you can't even find it on eBay anymore. What happened to all the beautiful, cooler-toned nudes that used to be on the market? This clearly is not it. The paler you are, the more orange this is gonna look, and it's really not a flattering thing. You can even see it in the photos users have uploaded for this product. I have a tube of this stuff that I will probably never use based on the orange-ness. Color Burst is a fantastic lipstick line, though, formula-wise. I am a big fan of some of their other color offerings.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by shiroxchoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a very good ordinary, nude lip color. It's true to its packaging where it shows the color on top. It shows more pink than a nude, but really moisturizing. I'm almost out! The problem is that it tends to wear out in like 4 hours, so I have to reapply it through the day. But so far, it's pretty good :).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Browneyes3023

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect nude lipstick! Unlike Mac Lipsticks this does not dry out the lips... Amazing!!