Revlon PhotoReady Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

2059 reviews

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 1.1%, Zinc Oxide 2.0%) Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Alumina, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glycerin, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tribehenin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Cycloheptasiloxane, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 6/23/2013 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

lasts fairly long! I used this for my prom and it lasted well,only problem would be the SPF in this product. not great for photos

on 6/22/2013 4:25:00 PM

I love this product! The pump provides product that does not have to be left in the tube while the foundation fully covers your face without being too oily or leaving your face dry. I have dry combination skin and this product suits my dry areas and oily areas well. The price is fantastic at only about $10 in drug stores. It does a good job of staying on all day and covering well.

Pros: stays on all day, covers well, pump package, not too dry or oily, price

Cons: none

on 6/22/2013 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

At first use I found the coverage great, the finish dewy and natural. By the end of the day it still looked pretty good. However, as the days went by, I noticed my skin drying out. Uncomfortably so! I switched my moisturiser, thinking it was that...but no improvement. Then I wondered if it was the foundation so I tried switching back to my usual Colourstay......and boom! Back to normal, comfortable skin! Photo ready dried my skin out so much that parts of it compensated and broke out. So my skin ended up an awful, broken out but dry mess. I wonder if it is the mica...the little glitter particles added for luminosity....perhaps my skin just didn't like it as usually Revlon foundations are foolproof! Since I ditched the Photoready, my skin is back to normal again. It's a shame as its it is not cheap (around $NZ45) and remains unused in my makeup bag as I hate to discard barely used items....but I won't use it again. Not worth the skin dramas but I concede that it might just be a personal reaction as many other reviews appear to be favourable of this makeup. I just wish my beloved Colourstay had the same pump bottle as the Photoready....it's very good and allows one much more control over the amount to use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

[sorry..some slang used lol] 1. Research & purchase : When i was back in highschool i wanted an amazin foundation, wit high coverage etc for the family parties/weddings etc i used to go to. I did alotta research :D it was long time ago. Saw reviews of it on youtube then went to buy it!!! =D

2. THE SHIMMER - like youtubers said, its only visable on ur hand. not on ur face. they r there to give u PERFECT FOUNDATION IN ANY (EVERY) LIGHT! even in photos & flash photogaphy. Ever went to a bad lighted room or somethin n u thought u looked ugly? this foundation is formulated against that :D!!

3. COLOUR: Yeaaars ago i bought mine in 004 nude. its the only foundation out of 13/15in my house tht matches my skintone perfectly!!!

4. COVERAGE : is 100% perfect :D got acne, spots etc? this is for u.

5. APPLICATION: used to apply it only with fingers. this time im usin my new stippling brusg, putting light layers each time untill i get high coverage & it blends perfect! then u can use concealer if necessary

6. THE FINISH : lasts ALL day. dewy. fresh. subtle glow. natural. NO CAKINESS DEVELOPING THROUGHOUT THE DAY. stays on the skin :d AND !!! IT IS BETTER THAN MAC STUDIO SCULPT FOUNDATION!!!

can u believe it!!!!!! :) i now use this on my cheeks & chin to cover up stoopid spots.

I Now use this as my everyday foundation, instead of events . its that good. !!

Update : 8th Jan 2014. RE-PURCHASE PLEASE !
i want to buy this again!!! My bottle is quite old, dont know if i have a lil bit left in it... a few dry patches showed up on my skin last time cuz the foundation is old, i need a new one. with new ones that doesnt happen. I currently have NO foundation to use - its winter now and the LorealTrueMatch is too dark...the [stupid] bellapierre i wasted money on is too light & i have no good concealers left! yikes.....
Need new revlon foundation & concealer!! =D

on 6/10/2013 11:07:00 PM

Kind of strange but....I bought Dior Addict (not Extreme) in 343 recently at a Sephora and it was named Spring Ball. Not sure if it's the same color as Miss Dior but I love Spring Ball! I've worn Dior Addict in Tulle and Dior Addict Extreme in Silhouette before, thinking Tulle is great for a nude lip and Silhouette for a coral pink lip. I found myself using the Tulle a lot more as I just prefer nude lips but the Tulle was slightly too beige and tended to wash me out. Still I love the Addict formulation - so moisturizing! So I headed to Sephora to get another Tulle when lo and behold I notice the tester for Spring Ball not too far away. Tried it and LOVED IT! It was still light enough to be a nude lip but added just the right amount of life onto my lips. Beautiful peach accent for my yellow undertoned skin.

This is going to be an HG nude lipcolor for warm undertones!

This foundation is good for nights out I've realised but not for daily use. It has shimmer pigments in it which I don't mind but during the day when it's sunny and you have oily skin, it doen't look so good, haha. Although at night, this foundation looks great. It makes your skin look flawless and defined which I love. It's easy to apply on the skin and has good coverage although on my oily skin, it tends to slip and slide around after 4-5 hours which is okay for me. The pump bottle is handy and it comes in a fair few shades of colours. Since I only use it for night time now, I don't think I would repurchase it again since I don't think the bottle will ever run out!

This is my absolute favourite.
I love everything... I get shade 005 Natural Beige which matches my skin perfectly... The coverage is great, the finish is very natural (not too matte or dewy) even when layering this foundation, I don't feel like I am wearing a lot.
Since first discovering it little under 3 years ago, I have not gone a day without wearing it!
The only thing I find is I dislike it that unless I wear a primer and powder to set this will start oxidising after about 4-5 hours of wear.
I mix this with Revlon Colorstay for nights out clubbing to prolong the wear and ensure it stays all night.
Very cheap considering the amount of use I get... I generally have to re-purchase every 2 to 2 1/2 months.

on 6/6/2013 1:04:00 AM

This foundation is good although not my absolute favorite. The packaging is preety awsome comes with a pump which we all love. My skin is very fair i bought this in the shade vanilla but it is to light for me it is a very pale shade so im thinkin of purchising it in the shade shell. I have combination skin so this does give me a bit of a shine but doesnt bother me. It has some glitter particles in it so if your not into that i wouldnt purchase. Also if you have oily skin you may not like it because it will make you shine. I have not noticed any smell to it this foundation is preety liquidy it feels good on your skin its easy to apply and blend it has a thin texture to it the coverege is good i would say it is light to medium. If your looking for something that will make you glow than this product is great for you.

on 6/5/2013 10:10:00 PM

I have this in the 'vanilla' shade and it works well for me.

It's actually the perfect foundation for light-to-medium coverage everyday wear. I only took off a lippie because this isn't really a good foundation to use for photos. First off - it has an SPF in it, which is normally a really good thing, but not when you plan on having your picture taken with a flash. It's the SPF in a foundation that causes that flash to wash you out and make you look terrible in pictures. I've seen pictures of me while I was sporting this foundation and eeeeeeek. No thanks. I'll stick with my MakeupForever HD foundation for events and picture time.

Other than the photo issue this foundation is heaven! A little goes a long way and it blots out evenly and beautifully with fingers or a sponge. I prefer wedge sponge application. I always have an issue with foundation and the tiny hairs on my face standing out after application but with this, that doesn't happen. The price is amazing too. Drugstore brand price with department store quality. Love it.

on 5/30/2013 7:28:00 PM

This foundation is kind of watery for me, stays on for a good 8 hrs but then it's super obvious and accentuates my pores. Just slips off my face. I would say do not wear in the summer, mainly for a night out makeup. It feels nice though, and I liked the finish it gave me, I used a little powder though.