July 31, 2014 | 1634 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2023 reviews)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by puppysofia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation has way too much glitter in it, I don't know why? Nobody wats to have a glittery face. Nice packaging tho, but I won't re purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by TheSilverSnowflake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

First of all, I have to say that I adore this foundation. I realized in early 2011 that my previous favorite foundation (MAC Studio Fix Fluid) was causing crazy cystic acne break-outs, and I had to find a replacement really fast. This was a featured product at my K-mart, and on sale, so I picked some up. I'm NW5/15 in MAC, and I'm Ivory in this. (As well as in Colorstay.) It's, last I checked, their lightest shade. I tried traditional foundation brush application, which I thought I had perfected with my MAC, but that was pretty bad and streaky. I then tried just using my fingers, and that worked wonderfully. (Foam sponge applicators are good, too.) The end result is really flawless and stunning, and lasts for 6+ hours if I use decent primer and powder. The reason I can't give it 5 stars is the shimmer. I didn't even notice it at first, honestly, because on my face under normal incandescent lighting, it’s a near-matte, satiny foundation. However, in bright sunlight or camera flash… Yeah, there’s a lot of white-out, Twilight-vampire effect. Considering this is marketed as a photo foundation, this is weird to me. (If it wasn’t marketed that way, I’d give it five lippies.) I use it primarily for evening events, business meetings, etc. I wish there was a version without all the shimmer because it would probably be a HG for me. For now, if I’m posing for photos, I wear Colorstay.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

No. Don't waste your money if you have dry or clog-prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by EboniBrandon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

Dont think I'd buy again. Im NC45 and bought this in Caramel. The color match is good. I find it applies nicely but you dont want to buff this one in in my opinion, stippling works best IMO. Coverage is light to medium, semi matte finish. Great for everyday application. Ive had this now for a few months and honestly only just realized the shimmer people refer to about a week ago, not on my skin but in the bottle. It does not show on my skin. It is very light, layers well, moderate staying power (maybe 4 hours on my oily combo skin). I prefer this for if I havent got much to do, few meetings perhaps or a bbq with friends but not for a big night out. I need something heavier for that. *shrugs* Im a maximum coverage kinda girl for special occasions whether my skin is in great condition or not. Personal preference. I like being done up. It's just a blah foundation for me. LOVE the pump and packaging, wish CS had the same thing but that's where the love ends. Dont think I'd repurchase. I was hoping it would give me a dewy finish but I think for that I'll just stick with bronzers over my other foundations or luminizer in liquid foundation. I love Revlon but this was a miss based on what the marketing led me to believe.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by juniperkittenface

My favorite foundation! Gives a beautiful glow, and does not break me out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by vivicali

OMG! I am absolutely in love with this product!! I have acne-prone/oily skin and this is the only foundation that keeps my face matte and not break out :) A lot of makeup gurus on youtube compare this to the Makeup Forever foundation - i never tried it but i know Revlon is half the price which is AMAZING. Drugstore product with high-end quality; can't get any better girls :) I've tried TrueMatch - i loved it for a while but then i noticed my face was breaking out & i'd have to reapply my foundation throughout day bc my face would become oily unless I skipped moisterizes which i despised.. With Revlon Photoready, I can moisterize my face before applying, I never have to reapply my makeup throughout the day and i don't even blot my face!! The coverage is also beautiful. U can apply lightly or build up to your desired liking. I like a bit more coverage since I have some redness on my cheeks & my face doesnt appear cakey. I get many compliments on how my face looks so flawless :) Rev's PhotoReady is worth every penny.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by crazyging

oh god, there's not much to say about this one. I bought it HOPING that it would work with the revlon perfecting primer....unfortunately not. it's the most basic foundation ever. like, light coverage, kinda cakey, mehh. nothing special. it seems like a $7 foundation rather than a $20 one...so, don't waste your money tbh.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by BulkyDecorativeClock

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this foundation, but it was Hell on my skin (yes, I oil-cleansed, etc).

For reference, I have sensitive, combo-dry skin. Even on smooth & freshly moisturized skin, this foundation left me looking like baked dirt by the end of the day (ie: flaky, cracking & dry).

With that being said, it looked beautiful (satin-matte/glowy) freshly applied & it might be an absolute godsend for someone who is fairly oily.

The Ivory was a good match on me for evening out blotchiness/neutralizing--I am pink-toned & pale (NW15 in MAC terms) . continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ParfumLust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Frankly, I can understand why some people hate this product - I wouldn't want a foundation that made my face sparkle, either. Based on reviews, I've specifically looked at my face in direct sunlight and I don't really see any sparkles. I do see it a little on the back of my hand and I do see it in my bottle - but it doesn't translate to my face. I do cut this with some moisturizer and I lightly powder over it. Maybe those actions cut the sparkle?

That being said I'll get on with the rest of my review. For reference, I'm an NW15-20, Chanel BR12-22, Laura Mercier Tender Rose. I wear the shade 001 Ivory. I love that there is a shade that fits my pale, pale skin in the winter. Also, it's a cool pale - score! No looking jaundiced for me! I'm guessing that I'd move up to the shade Shell in the summer, but in the winter Ivory is perfect.
At full strength, I'd say it's a light to medium coverage foundation. As I've said before, I sheer this out with moisturizer. I don't feel this sitting on my skin, which I love. I also like that it doesn't go terribly oily on me. I still have to blot, but I don't end up looking like I've slopped crisco on my skin. I've also worn this on days I've gone to the gym and it's held up well. I find this a good foundation for running errands and weekends. I would not wear this to a major event or when I need my makeup to last forever. But that's just me. Basically, this isn't my HG foundation, but it is a nice staple of my makeup bag. I will be purchasing this shade again in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

This is probably my 2nd favorite drug store foundation next to Revlon Colorstay. It matches my pale skin tone beautifully and gives your skin a dewy look. It does have super tiny sparkles in it that aren't obvious but just give your face a nice glow. I would say it has medium coverage and seems to stay all day for me without fading. This foundation rivals the high end foundations that are 3 times the price. If you want a really natural looking, flawless complexion without breaking the bank I would recommend this foundation.