July 25, 2014 | 1925 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2019 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by juniperkittenface

My favorite foundation! Gives a beautiful glow, and does not break me out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by vivicali

OMG! I am absolutely in love with this product!! I have acne-prone/oily skin and this is the only foundation that keeps my face matte and not break out :) A lot of makeup gurus on youtube compare this to the Makeup Forever foundation - i never tried it but i know Revlon is half the price which is AMAZING. Drugstore product with high-end quality; can't get any better girls :) I've tried TrueMatch - i loved it for a while but then i noticed my face was breaking out & i'd have to reapply my foundation throughout day bc my face would become oily unless I skipped moisterizes which i despised.. With Revlon Photoready, I can moisterize my face before applying, I never have to reapply my makeup throughout the day and i don't even blot my face!! The coverage is also beautiful. U can apply lightly or build up to your desired liking. I like a bit more coverage since I have some redness on my cheeks & my face doesnt appear cakey. I get many compliments on how my face looks so flawless :) Rev's PhotoReady is worth every penny.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by crazyging

oh god, there's not much to say about this one. I bought it HOPING that it would work with the revlon perfecting primer....unfortunately not. it's the most basic foundation ever. like, light coverage, kinda cakey, mehh. nothing special. it seems like a $7 foundation rather than a $20 one...so, don't waste your money tbh.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by BulkyDecorativeClock

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this foundation, but it was Hell on my skin (yes, I oil-cleansed, etc).

For reference, I have sensitive, combo-dry skin. Even on smooth & freshly moisturized skin, this foundation left me looking like baked dirt by the end of the day (ie: flaky, cracking & dry).

With that being said, it looked beautiful (satin-matte/glowy) freshly applied & it might be an absolute godsend for someone who is fairly oily.

The Ivory was a good match on me for evening out blotchiness/neutralizing--I am pink-toned & pale (NW15 in MAC terms) . continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ParfumLust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Frankly, I can understand why some people hate this product - I wouldn't want a foundation that made my face sparkle, either. Based on reviews, I've specifically looked at my face in direct sunlight and I don't really see any sparkles. I do see it a little on the back of my hand and I do see it in my bottle - but it doesn't translate to my face. I do cut this with some moisturizer and I lightly powder over it. Maybe those actions cut the sparkle?

That being said I'll get on with the rest of my review. For reference, I'm an NW15-20, Chanel BR12-22, Laura Mercier Tender Rose. I wear the shade 001 Ivory. I love that there is a shade that fits my pale, pale skin in the winter. Also, it's a cool pale - score! No looking jaundiced for me! I'm guessing that I'd move up to the shade Shell in the summer, but in the winter Ivory is perfect.
At full strength, I'd say it's a light to medium coverage foundation. As I've said before, I sheer this out with moisturizer. I don't feel this sitting on my skin, which I love. I also like that it doesn't go terribly oily on me. I still have to blot, but I don't end up looking like I've slopped crisco on my skin. I've also worn this on days I've gone to the gym and it's held up well. I find this a good foundation for running errands and weekends. I would not wear this to a major event or when I need my makeup to last forever. But that's just me. Basically, this isn't my HG foundation, but it is a nice staple of my makeup bag. I will be purchasing this shade again in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

This is probably my 2nd favorite drug store foundation next to Revlon Colorstay. It matches my pale skin tone beautifully and gives your skin a dewy look. It does have super tiny sparkles in it that aren't obvious but just give your face a nice glow. I would say it has medium coverage and seems to stay all day for me without fading. This foundation rivals the high end foundations that are 3 times the price. If you want a really natural looking, flawless complexion without breaking the bank I would recommend this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by makeupnmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved it the minute I first put it on! Great coverage! I use it everyday!
Pros
-great coverage
-lasts long
-dewy look
-doesn't cause breakouts

Cons
-pricey
-after a long period (more than 5 hours) may leave face a tad oily
-Use setting powder to last!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Babymutt01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the best drugstore foundations out there!!! I absolutely love this stuff!!! I was really wanting to get this foundation but was concerned about it because of all the negative reviews about little "glitters" and it oxidizing. I wish that the price was lower but I really wanted to try it out. I tried more foundations after that but I kept coming coming back to this one. It doesn't oxidize at all. I did see the little glittery things everyone kept talking about but it wasn't even noticeable unless you looked really really hard. I love the color and it matches me really well! I also love the pump which is really easy to control how much you want. It is super easy to blend with fingers and has a cap so it won't get messy. It is also a great size for travel and looks great in photos with or without flash. The sparkles in it just help adjust your skin with any kind of lighting you're in.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by jessahorsting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow I absolutely love this product. My only con is that is oxidizes after wearing it all day and sometimes if I put too much on it cakes up. Other than that, this is my new favorite foundation. It is a bit pricey for drugstore makeup ($18 CAD!!) I have used their photo ready line before and decided to try the foundation. I am definitely not disappointed with this purchase. I use the photo ready conceal underneath, 3D mascara and powder. Their whole line is great for beginners that want a more full coverage. It is quite buildable and blends fairly well. I don't know what people are talking about with the sparkles/glitter... I definitely don't have any glitter in my foundation whatsoever. Bottom line is try it out for yourself - I definitely recommend and will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Runnergirl24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It is a good foundation however it made me break out in horrible small pimples all over my forehead and I have relatively acne free skin. I would recommend it if that didn't happen!