October 20, 2014 | 1822 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2030 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by juliexo54

I love this foundation. It leaves a very soft look and isn't cakey like many other foundations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this foundation. I first bought this in 2010 when I found out about it. I used a Mac 190 foundation brush to apply. Fast forward .3 years and I have been using the Mac 109 to apply this every day and I am in love with the finish! I am Mac nw45 and Mahogany matches me perfectly. Strange because the Mahogany in the Colorstay foundation for oily skin does not match me, I have to mix with Caramel. Anyway, I'm so in love with this, the finish and the price. Also, I do not see any glitter in this but whatever. I will repurchase again and again. Seriously, the drugstore is the best place to get makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by sabbywabby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My sister bought this product for me in the shade Shell and it's kinda too light for my skintone. I made it work for me by putting on some bronzer and it looks great. It has a medium to full coverage but of course i still put on concealer on my undereyes. I also bought the revlon photoready powder to set the foundation and it works awesome together! It really gives me a dewy airbrushed finish that i like. It looks sooo flawless in person but my face did look a little whiter in pictures. I guess its because of the spf in it which gives a whitish cast in flash photography. Its something i can get away with though, nothing major. I use this foundation when i go to parties/night outs and it stays put till the end of the night. So i gotta say it is quite long lasting. Also, the packaging is very beautiful. It has a really convenient pump that works nicely and doesnt give off excessive amounts of product or anything like that. I cant compare it to other high end liquid foundations since i don't wanna splurge on something that i wont be using everyday (I only use liquid foundation for special occasions) but i consider this as my HG liquid foundation. Plus, you definitely get more for the price you pay. Definitely will be buying this again. Hope this helps :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After using $$$ high-end foundations for many years and never finding one I was in love with, I purchased Revlon Colorstay and Photoready after reading the reviews on MUA.
I am quite pleased with the Photoready. I am NC-30 in MAC, and I purchased the shade Medium Beige. The shade suits my skintone, and it has not oxidized or turned colors (orange), which is a problem that I have had with several other foundations.
I find that it applies best with a wet sponge (beauty blender). Coverage is medium, however, it can be built up to full coverage.
I do not notice the "glitter" that others have written about in their reviews, but it does leave a nice glow (not too matte or flat).
I have combination skin, but I have occasional dry patches near my mouth and chin from Retin-A use. This foundation does tend to emphasize the flaking areas, and I have to make sure to exfoliate prior to applying it.
This foundation doesn't settle in or emphasize any fine lines, but I do not use it on my undereye area (I use a concealer for this).
I set this foundation with a powder. Oil-control isn't the best, however, I notice that I blot much less often when using this foundation compared to others.
I have received compliments on my skin, which is far from perfect, when I use this foundation. I would re-purchase this foundation.
Also, I like the pump dispenser (it pumps the perfect amount). I wish the Revlon Colorstays came in a pump. The shades are not uniform...in Photoready and Colorstay Normal/Dry I wear Medium Beige. The Colorstay Combination/Oily in Medium Beige is a shade off and is slightly too fair.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by boobookeys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a light to medium coverage foundation. If you build it up any higher it will start to get cakey. If you have large areas of acne, STAY AWAY from this foundation. The sparkle and slight dewiness will do nothing but emphasize your pimples. This foundation also emphasizes dry/flaky areas. I only like to use this when my skin is relatively clear (only a few isolated pimples) and do not have any super dry/flaky spots. It gives a nice healthy looking glow to the skin, which I love when I'm feeling a bit dull. For my oily skin, I cannot use this foundation over moisturizer, or else it will become too dewy/oily-looking. When I don't use moisturizer, however, it looks great, a satin-matte finish. Oil-control is there but minimal, I get shine on and around my nose after maybe 3 hours. In my experience, it doesn't photograph well, creates a white cast on the face with flash photography (it has SPF 20). Not a big problem with transferring easily, but obviously if you wipe your face it will come off. Once my oils start to build up, the foundation feels heavy and can transfer onto my phone. I would only recommend this to normal skins, maybe combination skins if you don't have super dry areas.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by deadscream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I hate this stuff. It broke me out with just the first use. I'm never gonna use this again. And I don't like the glitter - it's noticeable! And I don't like that I can't find a match for my NC40 skin. But that's ok. The formula sucks anyway. I got the Caramel color and it's too dark for me. The Revlon Colorstay is so much better than this. If you have acne-prone skin, stay away from this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by hollieua

Revlon PhotoReady has been my HG for years. It covers wonderfully and helps keep my oily skin matte. It also causes NO breakouts, and pretty much everything breaks me out. The only thing I don't like about it is that is doesnt have a great color range. I have warm undertones and the makeup leaves a slight pink tint to my face. I really hate that. L'Oreal True Match is a perfect shade, but it leaves my face too oil by the day's end...So, I guess I am in search of a makeup just like Revlon, but with more color options.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by 90sprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my "going out" foundation. It looks beautiful and glowy indoors, and it has decent coverage (medium coverage?). The formula is very nice; not thick, doesn't cake up on my dry spots. But the shimmer is way too much for daytime/outdoors. Especially in direct sunlight the shimmer is overwhelming. I like it for when I'm going out at night, and it does look VERY nice in photos. I won't be repurchasing because I prefer Colorstay since I can wear it from morning to night. And if I want a shimmery look I can achieve it with numerous face powders, highlighters, blushes and bronzers instead of redoing my whole foundation routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by puppysofia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation has way too much glitter in it, I don't know why? Nobody wats to have a glittery face. Nice packaging tho, but I won't re purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by TheSilverSnowflake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

First of all, I have to say that I adore this foundation. I realized in early 2011 that my previous favorite foundation (MAC Studio Fix Fluid) was causing crazy cystic acne break-outs, and I had to find a replacement really fast. This was a featured product at my K-mart, and on sale, so I picked some up. I'm NW5/15 in MAC, and I'm Ivory in this. (As well as in Colorstay.) It's, last I checked, their lightest shade. I tried traditional foundation brush application, which I thought I had perfected with my MAC, but that was pretty bad and streaky. I then tried just using my fingers, and that worked wonderfully. (Foam sponge applicators are good, too.) The end result is really flawless and stunning, and lasts for 6+ hours if I use decent primer and powder. The reason I can't give it 5 stars is the shimmer. I didn't even notice it at first, honestly, because on my face under normal incandescent lighting, it’s a near-matte, satiny foundation. However, in bright sunlight or camera flash… Yeah, there’s a lot of white-out, Twilight-vampire effect. Considering this is marketed as a photo foundation, this is weird to me. (If it wasn’t marketed that way, I’d give it five lippies.) I use it primarily for evening events, business meetings, etc. I wish there was a version without all the shimmer because it would probably be a HG for me. For now, if I’m posing for photos, I wear Colorstay.