April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(1997 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by beuatybme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation!!!!! It's smooth and soft and covers everything nicely without being thick or cake. It's not perfect in the oil control department, but i've never had anything that is, and overall it's a lot better than other things i've tried. It's also fairly natural looking, and I don't know what everyone's so upset about with sparkles because I definitely can't see any. Anyhow this is definitely my new favourite foundation and I would totally purchase it again for its' amazing packaging and more amazing product!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have never ever used a drug store foundation before. I usually go for MAC, MUFE or LM products. But I decided to give this a try after hearing that it provides a light to medium coverage with shimmer. I am a big fan of subtle shimmer in foundations so I got curious and picked this up in shade 005 (I'm a MAC NC30 for reference) and I REALLY love it. I love that this foundation provides a light - medium coverage and it sits thinly on my skin.
As for the shimmer I hardly see any. I've tried to inspect this "shimmer" under various lights but i still don't see it- which i guess is a good thing because u dont want your face looking like a shiny disco ball. It provides my face with a subtle glow and i feel like i have really nice looking well moisturized skin when i put this on.
My favourite foundation at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by kassa101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is amazing . Does not make me break out its light and does not make me feel cakey . its cheap . packaging vould be better but im not complaining best foundatiin for the price . ive tried many expensive foundations and by far I love this one !! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by monicaking77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really really loved this foundation. I especially liked to mix it with my Revlon Colorstay. With a 1:1 ration of the two, I got beautiful, glowy, natural looking coverage with the perfect balance of long wearing, mattifying, and moisturizing properties for me. Also, the shade Vanilla is a much better match for me than CS Buff (Vanilla doesn't have any ashy or pink undertones) so mixing the two helped me to correct that. On it's own, the foundation was nice, but a little too sparkly and shiny for my skin type (oily/combo).

The big bummer is that I can't consistently use this foundation, even mixed with the CS. The tiny shimmer particles clog my pores terribly. They get stuck inside and then a few days later my skin is littered with small colorless hard bumps that itch. That's the only reason for the minus two lippies. Such a bummer. :'(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by smurfettesg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first i thought this was too heavy and the lightest shade was too dark for my skin but mixed with my moisturizer and buffed with a flat tob kabuki it gives me an awesome glowy complexion and i love love love the the pump

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by xochristyxo

I wore this foundation for years and loved it. Now I use it ocassionally and still like it. I think its one of the best drugstore foundations. Only reason I don't wear it daily is because I wear different foundation each day unless its new and I'm inlove with it. It does have a bit of a sheen to it and is not matte. My skin is combo and very oily on the nose. This foundation lasts a good 6-8hrs without touch up and even towards the end of the day its still not bad. Overall its a good foundation. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Rabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using Revlon Colorstay for a year, and thought I'd give Photoready a try. Well... I have combination skin, with occasionally dry patched, and some acne scars and visible pores. It's pretty safe to say my skin is nowhere near pretty and that I always look for a foundation that offers at least medium coverage.

Photoready gives only light coverage and it magnifies my pores. If I put more on, my pores become even more obvious! I don't think Photoready is for people with big pores!

Although I personally don't like this foundation, my friend tried it and loved it. She has almost perfect skin to begin with though. It gives her skin a very nice glow. After I saw her result, I used it on myself again, but this time I put on Colorstay foundation first, and Photoready second. I actually like the result of this, my skin looks pretty and not overly shiny. Maybe next time I'd try to mix Colorstay and Photoready together and see how that'll turn out.

Anyway, I do not recommend this foundation if you have similar skin condition as mine, so better stick with colorstay if you're considering switching to this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Vferent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This arrived by airmail today and I am impressed.

I love the consistency of this foundation. You're applying a thin cream, but not a liquidy one, nor thick and gloopy like most high coverage foundations are.
Goes on like a dream. Flawless without the caked look, and no need to set with powder for a few hours. I have no problems with these 'sparkles', they're hardly noticeable, yet give the skin a light glow which creates a nice natural look. The colour nude is perfect for my skin tone in the winter.
Will definitely repurchase when the bottle runs out, which in the case of the size of this thing, won't be too far into the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2012 7:18:00 AM More reviews by secretmeredith

I have oily skin and this works fine when layered with a matte powder. Otherwise, after 4-5 hours it does make my skin look shiny. However, I actually do really like the shimmer particles as they give your skin a luminous glow and it is not so visible on your face at all unless someone looks at your face really close. It gives your face an overall healthy dewy look.
I would say this foundation gives a light to medium coverage as it does not seem to cover redness well. But with a concealer it works fine.
I especially like the pump of the bottle, its much more convenient as compared to the Revlon Colorstay, although the bottle broke into half after i dropped it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite foundation is MUFE HD, but I have to say this a very close second. It goes on with moderate coverage... not too heavy, but not light enough that I feel like I have to pack it on. It last alllll day without coming off of clothes, napkins, etc. There is a good selection of colors which is nice since I have a hard to match skin tone. At this price, this is my go to foundation for everyday and MUFEHD for special occassions/going out.