November 29, 2014 | 1193 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Full Cover Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by zookeepered

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is one fantastic concealer. I'm Asian, around NC25, and I use #6. When I first got a sample from Sephora, I wasn't sure I liked it... it looked great in stores but I thought the coverage was too sheer once I got home. The other option suggested was Kat Von D's tattoo concealer, but their shades didn't match my skin tone and made it look like I had dirty smears on my face. As it turns out, I just wasn't applying it properly. Here are some tips regarding this concealer:

- The shades are numbered according to undertones, not necessarily darkness. For instance, 5 and 6 are basically the same darkness, but 5 is pink-toned while 6 is yellow-toned. #3 is actually lighter than #1. Get a store rep to help you match a shade, because unlike the multicoloured cream concealers out there, this one works best when it matches your skin exactly.

- I find that once you have a concealer that matches your skin (esp. your undertones) exactly, you don't have to worry too much about it looking cakey.

- It dries quickly, and the heat makes it dry even faster. So if you're going to squeeze out a bit and use a brush, squeeze it onto a mirror or some other surface, not the back of your hand. The heat from your hand will make it dry too quickly.

- If you're using fingers, dab it on and let it dry for 2 seconds, then start patting and evening it out. This concealer is full coverage, but it's not as thick as compact-style concealers like Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier, so it is possible to sheer it out to much.

- This concealer doesn't have any illuminating factors, so I don't find it useful for under eye.

And my favourite:

- You know those sponge tip applicators that come with eyeshadows that everybody just tosses out? Well the Sephora rep taught me that they're great for applying concealer! Just dab a bit of concealer on, and then press and roll onto your skin with the applicator. Flawless, non-cakey coverage! The applicator tips are the perfect size for acne scars and blemishes, and you won't sheer it out too much or leave streaks, which can happen with brushes.

27 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by annoasis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went into Sephora wanting to buy the Laura Mercier conceal for dark circles, but they were out of my colour. The Sephora rep told me to try the MakeUpForever concealer. Well I was definitely not sold! I explained to her that the skin under my eyes is dry and I needed something that won't look patchy or cakey on my skin, so she mixed the concealer with some MUF eye primer and applied. It STILL looked cakey, it definitely concealed the dark circles, but it looked dry and cakey- definitely a no no! I wore it for the rest of the day and was NOT happy! I obviously opted not to purchase this product since I can use my drugstore concealers, Maybelline or Hard Candy to do a much better job without look so cakey...I'm thinking of trying the Mac Pro-Long concealer now...still searching for my concealer HG....I will not be purchasing this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by bracelet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference, I am a NC30/35 and I wear this concealer in shade 6. It is a pretty good match to my warm, yellow toned skin.

I find that the best way to use this is to:
- dab it over a pimple and wait for the concealer to set/dry before blending the edges
- or build the concealer in multiple thin layers to create a more natural look

My only gripe with this is that at the end of the day (let's say 8 hours) I can look SUPER cakey. But I am also oily skinned, that might have something to do with it? I can't say anything about the waterproof formula as I have never tried to swim with this on.

That being said, even though it can look cakey I will still continue to use this because it is a great match for my skin. I wouldn't recommend using this under your eyes though.

edit: Took off one lippie because I'm beginning to realize how cakey this looks at the end of the day...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by stefzee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really really like this concealer. I'm currently on my second one. While it is very good, I wouldn't say it's the best, frankly because I'm always looking for something better. I only use a little bit for blemishes around my face and redness around my nose and it works great. However the reason I love this concealer so much is the colour. I use an 8 and it's perfect for me, I've never found any other concealer that matched me so well.

Cons: it's expensive, and while it lasts a while it sucks to have to pay $36 every time you need concealer. Another con is that it doesn't last all day, I always have to re-apply around blemishes halfway through my day.

Overall while it may not last as long as I'd like, it covers well and the colour is a perfect match

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this to conceal redness on my face, basically that means using it on my cheeks, around my nose and mouth (aka my entire face like a foundation hahah, but I use a lot less product). There is a wide array of colours and it covers really well, long lasting etc.

I don't think I will use this under my eyes, the sephora rep for mufe told me it's not a good idea and that it will age you 5 years. If I did I would definitely get a lighter colour because this one matches my skin right now pretty well.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by beforerushhour

Pros:
This has a wide variety of shades to choose from-- and appeals to both those with peachy undertones and yellow undertones. This concealer is very pigmented (it does say it's full cover... and they mean it). It works well on pimples and redness. A little bit can be used on the entire face. Very little creasing under the eyes.

Cons:
Although this covers dark circles well, it is a little too heavy to conceal dark circles with I'm afraid. It also can be slightly drying.

I recommend:
- Mix this with a little moisturizing primer or eye cream and then use under the eyes.

Also, **If you're looking for a cheap version of this, buy Hard Candy's Glamoflauge. It is just as pigmented (if not more) and is less drying (although I think using a little primer with glamoflauge works wonders). It is six dollars at Walmart ( sold at Walmart only). Glamoflague beats this concealer in price and pigmentation but they are still strikingly similar!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by recipefordisaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm an NC 20 and I purchased this in the shade 4. I was really hoping i'd finally found a concealer that worked for me. That was thick enough to cover my minor blemishes, was the right colour, didn't highlight my dry patches and stayed all day. Unfortunately 2 out of 4 just wasn't good enough for me.

So while this didn't make my blemishes look dry and was also a good colour for me, I found it didn't really cover that well and also lasted about ten minutes on my skin. My skin isn't even oily, it just had zero staying power.
It seems to work really well for some people so I'm not really sure why it failed so badly on me.

This product is $43 in Australia.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by sleepymeko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Now listen, I did NOT mean to buy this today. I stopped at Sephora to buy a tinted moisturizer (I was stuck on either NARS or Smashbox, ended up with Smashbox). And although both made my skin look pretty flawless for being so sheer, I needed a concealer because I have dark circle (can you say ALLERGIES?). So I tried both NARS and then I stumbled on Makeup Forever Professional because I remembered Gossmakeupartist had them on his best concealers list for 2012 so I couldn't pass up on it. Also, he helped me to find my staple foundation (Graftobian in Winter Wheat), but that is another story.

So, I had my tinted moisturizers on and I squeezed a tiny dot out of Makeup Forever's Full Coverage in 12 and patted it onto my under eye area. I also tried NARS Concealer Stick underneath my other eye and stared into the mirror. The difference was drastic and I really wanted NARS to win this bottle since Makeup Forever's Full Cover is $32 and NARS was $20. I asked an associate what she thought (Sephora sales associates do not make commission so I trusted in her opinion) and she agreed with me, Makeup Forever was the superior one. All I had on was a tinted moisturizer and a few dabs of concealer and my face was FLAWLESS.

I love this product, but it's so expensive! But you do not need a lot of product. Also, it hasn't creased at all. No regrets here, I'm just a little but more broke!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by xVanniex

After reading many reviews about how awesome this concealer is, i went out to buy it myself with anticipation of this being really great. And i guess for some people with near flawless skin or minor breakouts, it is. but with myself, i find it barely concealed my acne scars (which are really dark) and didnt do much for my acne, and i've tried patting it on with my fingers, using a flat top brush, the beauty blender, and a concealer brush. I feel that even it's drugstore dupe, Hard Candy Glamoflauge, conceals more. I will say that it does feel light on the skin and the lasting power of this is amazing though. Plus I find that if i top this off with a little Mac Studio Finish concealer, it completely covers everything and makes the mac last longer. With that being said though, i don't want to have to use another product in unison with this to make it work like it's supposed to, that's just more time wasted. And for 32 bucks, i'd pass and just stick to Mac Pro Longwear concealer, it isn't heavy, conceals, and is cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have some acne scarring i'd like to cover up and while this looks good initially, it wears off as the day goes on and becomes really cakey. I switched to MAC Pro Long Wear which is much better because it is buildable while the MUFE one is more difficult to layer without looking cakey. I tried to love this cause it gets such rave reviews but I couldn't..it's especially bad in the undereye area. I am NC30 and got matched to the darkest color I think. Plus, the price you pay for this you can literally just buy a new foundation. Save yourself the $$ and get Mac Pro Long Wear concealer - it's 18$, buildable to full coverage, and lasts all damn day.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No