E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.2

I hate to admit I'd been using too much of this until I realised it is NOT a setting powder; you have to apply it very sparingly over foundation and powder and I find it helps to spritz it afterwards very lightly with setting spray. That way imperfections are blurred, there's no white cast in photos and it's not in the least bit drying. I wish ELF would improve the container so it doesn't spill everywhere but at the price I can't really complain too much. I love this so much I have five spares (I'm not kidding)!

on 4/26/2013 8:39:00 AM

L-O-V-E this loose powder! Finishes me off without leaving me looking cakey. Just a tad sets my makeup beautifully. I've tried other "translucent" powders that seemed to deposit some color regardless of the product claims but this doesn't whatsoever.

on 4/24/2013 3:41:00 AM

This may have been stated before but I came across a wonderful way to use this powder to control oil in my t zone.
Before my liquid foundation, I take a small mineral powder brush and apply this powder to mainly my t zone. I then apply my foundation as usual. I have also applied it as a finishing powder if my skin is extra oily.
I will still have slight oil break thru but it is not as nearly as bad if I had not used it. I'm sure other, more expensive, oil control products work better but this is good for an every day oil control method with a product that does not cost a lot.

on 4/20/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been wanting to buy this powder. While I was shopping with my mother i saw it Burlington Coat Factory. So decide to buy not expecting much. Since i had read good and bad reviews on it. But man I was really happy that i did. I apply my foundation,concealer. I then set this with my Kabuki Brush. It set perfect with the brush.

on 4/14/2013 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have been using this for about a week, and i LOVE it. it keeps me matte all day long, and blurs imperfections and large pores. It really gives me a porcelain look. The powder is very white, however, I do feel it's pretty translucent, I don't get a white cast on my skin (though I am very pale so it's possible I can't tell). The packaging is pretty bulky and it's hard to control how much powder comes out, but I keep the puff it comes with inside of the container to keep it from getting too messy. I apply this with the ELF flat top powder brush. Another great mattifying powder is the Rimmel stay matte powder in translucent. I love both powders, but this one definitely makes my skin look nicer.

on 4/13/2013 11:35:00 PM

Without fail, when something on here gets a high rating---it looks terrible on me.

Pros-
-Silky feeling
-makes foundation last a smidge longer and helps with not transferring foundation onto clothes

Cons-
-I'm tan, no matter how little or a lot I use I get a HUGE white, chalky cast. (I use a brush not the puff it came with)
-Looks terrible at night with a camera flash
-the container/lid makes a MESS if you take it anywhere, so leave the plastic circle over the holes or don't move it from a flat area.
-I have normal to dry skin and it makes me slicker than a seal after a little while
-it doesn't really do anything...I don't have a problem with large pores so maybe that's why I haven't noticed anything?

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product since New Years it's amazing. It doesn't make any of my oil show through and it feels so silky on my skin I love love love it , and it's so affordable the one thing I can change is the packaging it's alittle unesisary but for my face to look as good as it does it's worth it !

I love this product, it's effective and a bargain at 6. It does exactly what I want from it, reduces shine, spreads easily without being too powdery and finishes off my look. I would definitely recommend it and when I run out will be buying it again. I have been using it with E.L.F.'s fan brush and the combination is perfect.

on 4/4/2013 5:57:00 PM

Nice fine silky powder, works great on face and under eyes. Not cakey, nice sturdy packaging. The trick is to leave the sticker over the holes in place and just puncture a few, and leave the puff in the jar, otherwise the powder will be messy in the jar.

on 4/4/2013 12:21:00 AM

Am I the only one that doesn't love this powder? While most of the time I like to use brushes, sometimes I use the puffs that come with them to pat on the powder lightly. Not possible with this one as it left chunks of powder behind. Chunks is the only way to describe it. They were larger harder pieces of powder. They brush away with a brush but I was disappointed overall.

Video Reviews & Tutorials