November 23, 2014 | 2032 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by xoxomads

Great product! Leaves your skin silky while absorbing any excess oil instantly. The only downside is that you must be extremely careful because if you use too much your skin will be left with a white washed out look. I also sprinkle this in the roots of my hair and brush through on second day hair, it soaks up all the excess oil and leaves it looking fresh again. It works better than any dry shampoo I've ever used!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have really become to like this product mostly because I finally figured a good way to use it for my skin tone. I have olive/tan skin and applying this over makeup would just leave me with a grey/white cast over my skin which would make me and my makeup look odd.

When I use only ELF Primer, powder foundation, and concealer I put this on AFTER the primer and BEFORE the powder foundation. That way the powder foundation helps sink it into the skin and covers up the white/grey color left.

When I use liquid fdnt (or BB cream), concealer, and powder fdnt I'll put this on AFTER the liquid fdnt and BEFORE the powder fdnt, again, so the fdnt powder can set the ELF HD powder into the skin and cover the white/grey color.

Seems to work best for me this way. This combined with the ELF primer keeps me looking matte mostly all day. I would definitley repurchase. I like that the jar has a sifter but don't peel the plastic sticker all the way off or you'll have a mess each time you go to open it. Peel it about half way, or a little less and dump what you need out on to the top part of the jar and swirl your brush into it and tap off the excess. I use a flat top brush and I find that really pushes it in.

I found this at my local Target for about $6 bucks I believe. Definitley a good price for a lot of product.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by whitakra

I am surprised it took me so long to find this powder. I usually wore the Physicians Formula airbrushed powder, and even that (as well as it works) doesn't work like this bad boy. I can't see ANY of my lines anymore. I have a major forehead crease, and two lines down the side of my nose, and with this powder (dusted over CC 3-1 foundation) my face looks flawless, but still looks like skin. It mattifies, but seems to preserve the slightly dewy look...it's amazeballs.

The cons? The damned container. So bulky and annoying. They really could use a new, smaller sifter for this. Otherwise? Love it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by karabasheva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using the HD powder for two months now and I really like it. I don't have really oily skin, but I like the mate effect it gives my face.
I use a face brush with really soft bristles and the result is great.
If you put too much product it will make your face pale, but if you put just the right amount it's OK.
I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Amberleeann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder, no matter what i used my face felt caked on when i applied powder, but not with this product. I bought this product not knowing how to use it. I would apply my foundation and then try serval different ways to use this. Well here's the tip. Use the powder puff they give you. Just apply the powder to your face by dabbing it onto your "greasey" areas of your face. Don't swipe your face with the powder puff or else your other makeup will come off. After your done dabbing, use any brush to remove any extra product. But, I do have to add that you should not throw this product in your bag and go because it will become unscrewed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by JasmineVirani

perfect matter finish ! very natural matte without looking cakey. comes with and INCREDIBLE amount of product !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by l4pkwyflyer

I like how this powder keeps you from looking shiny through out the day. However, the packaging isn't the best because I find the powder hard to get out. WARNING: Even though it is suposed to be translucent it does make your skin look a little bit lighter! Other than that, it makes me skin look matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by serenechew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Close to a HG powder for me. I have the LaMer loose powder and this one works better for me. The LaMer powder makes me oily in 2 hours but I can get 4 hours with ELF. That's great. The LM powder is beige but this ELF is white. Both are supposed to be translucent but ELF has a slight lightening effect. LM has a slight shimmer too but not ELF. ELF makes you look matte and/or dry which may look unnatural for some skin types, so do take note of that.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased at Winners for $6 CAD (8g of product). Packaging is awful, a very bulky container with a screw on lid. Applied sparingly, I think this powder is amazing for the price. It is very finely milled and blends well. I avoid using powder all over my face in general, I really only use this to set my concealer and t zone. I haven't had any issues with my skin becoming oily too soon, or having a white cast on my face. This is hard to come by in Canada, if I see another one, I will definitely repurchase for when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Rylko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, I bought this powder eons ago and remember loving how soft/silky my skin feels after application. But I stopped using it because it was so difficult to get the powder out without being messy and pouring out too much. Also I thought it was causing me to breakout cause of the silicons in it! But recently I started trying this product again because I desperately needed a setting powder for my liquid foundation and this was the only option sitting around. This time I decided to use a brush to pat it on instead of the puff. My problem area is around my chin, my liquid foundation starts to separate if I do not use this. I am going to observe and see if it breaks me out again these few days which would be unfortunate because it works so well!