July 29, 2014 | 1644 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by l4pkwyflyer

I like how this powder keeps you from looking shiny through out the day. However, the packaging isn't the best because I find the powder hard to get out. WARNING: Even though it is suposed to be translucent it does make your skin look a little bit lighter! Other than that, it makes me skin look matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by serenechew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Close to a HG powder for me. I have the LaMer loose powder and this one works better for me. The LaMer powder makes me oily in 2 hours but I can get 4 hours with ELF. That's great. The LM powder is beige but this ELF is white. Both are supposed to be translucent but ELF has a slight lightening effect. LM has a slight shimmer too but not ELF. ELF makes you look matte and/or dry which may look unnatural for some skin types, so do take note of that.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased at Winners for $6 CAD (8g of product). Packaging is awful, a very bulky container with a screw on lid. Applied sparingly, I think this powder is amazing for the price. It is very finely milled and blends well. I avoid using powder all over my face in general, I really only use this to set my concealer and t zone. I haven't had any issues with my skin becoming oily too soon, or having a white cast on my face. This is hard to come by in Canada, if I see another one, I will definitely repurchase for when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Rylko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, I bought this powder eons ago and remember loving how soft/silky my skin feels after application. But I stopped using it because it was so difficult to get the powder out without being messy and pouring out too much. Also I thought it was causing me to breakout cause of the silicons in it! But recently I started trying this product again because I desperately needed a setting powder for my liquid foundation and this was the only option sitting around. This time I decided to use a brush to pat it on instead of the puff. My problem area is around my chin, my liquid foundation starts to separate if I do not use this. I am going to observe and see if it breaks me out again these few days which would be unfortunate because it works so well!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

although this definately leaves your face sooooooooooooo effins smooth and silky...i can not wear this....it breaks me out really bad....i have sensitive skin and me and dimethicone just dont get along......what a shame!if you dont have super sensative skin like me this is actually pretty good.....although i cant wear it over my face for now i am using it to set my under eye concealer so it is not a complete waste

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by TennGirl09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I read the reviews before I bought this, hoping that for only $6 I'd be getting a great deal. First time I used it, it was actually ok. Made my face look great, felt super smooth and velvety. Day 2 however, I noticed my face was burning a little, but thought it might be the new BB cream I was using (which contains chem sunscreens). After the 3rd try, it was definitely this powder. My face not only burned, but shortly after started to itch like crazy and I had tiny little red bumps all over my face--not acne, but more like those you get with a reaction to something. I checked the ingredients and nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. Definitely no bismuth oxychloride which is a problem for me, so I'm not sure what the problem ingredient is. Oh well, at least I'm only out $6.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

I bought this a long time ago in my very first ELF order, and just recently tried it out since I wanted to use up my other powder. I gotta say, this is definitely worth all the hype!

I typically apply this with a kabuki brush, by sticking the brush over the sifter and then turning the container upside down. I tried to tap some onto the lid, but that got very messy very fast. A little bit will go a long way in mattifying my face and setting my foundation. Don't use too much though! It'll lighten your foundation and look super bad in photography.

I like how there's no shimmer whatsoever in this, and the price can't be beat, of course. The puff that comes with it is of surprising quality as well, even though I don't use it much.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Dancingirl0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros: The E.L.F. HD powder is a good solution for those looking for a colorless, loose setting powder (like the pro's always recommend) without breaking the bank. When applied correctly (such as gently pressing the power into the skin from the puff and using a kabuki with downward strokes to remove excess) the powder provides a nice setting without imparting any sparkle or excessive sheen to the skin. In short, the texture appears perfectly natural.

Cons: However, applying an appropriate layer of the powder to set makeup can have a slight lightening effect. Also, the staying powder is typical but nothing outstanding.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder was a pleasant surprise for the price of only $6. This powder does an excellent job at mattifying, smoothing imperfections and minimizing the appearance of pores. Just a light application is all that is needed. The price can't be beat. The container is a bit akward twist-off, the puff is functional. Lasts the better part of the day. A cheap gem in my beauty kit for those days I feel like being "smoothed", "poreless" and "mattified". I have dry skin and this powder does not cake or flake-bonus points!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually give it a 4.5. The only reason I hold back on a 5 is because it is crazy messy! ELF needs to make the packaging more like BE's newish packaging with the sift guard. However- that would probably raise the price.
The product itself is great stuff. I have started using this with my BE foundation rather than Mineral Veil. I definitely prefer this. A little goes a long way. If you put just a tiny bit on your face, it goes on clear and you will get a smooth and blended look. If you put too much, you can end up with a greyish film...but that really takes a lot. I put a tiny bit on between my foundation and bronzer. Then a tiny bit more after I add blush. This product is very messy so I recommend only peeling off the plastic dispenser guard 1/4 of the way. If you rip the whole thing off, you will have a mess every time you twist the lid of the canister off. Don't get MUF's HD powder or BE's Mineral Veil. This stuff blows both out of the water and is way cheaper!