NARS Loose Powder

4.4

talc, silica, polyethylene, zea mays [zea mays (corn) starch], nylon-66, isopropyl myristate, disodium edta, dimethicone, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, /- may contain : mica, ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides) ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green).

on 9/15/2007 1:13:00 PM

I tried LM translucent before this, and i must say, this is far better than LM's! Even though LM was supposed to be translucent, I just looked pale! After reading some reviews here, I picked up the beach color and it blended into my light asian skin very well. I am not sure whether this controls my oil better than LM though so I will update if I know the answer soon. Thanks girls for recommending this!

on 9/14/2007 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

At first I wasn't really impressed by this loose powder. I thought it's just so-so, then I tried others from samples or friends and realized this is a great product. It's quite translucent, set makeup very well, take down shine reasonably well, and doesn't give me a powdery look. I actually like the packaging, although it's kind of inconvenient I think it looks very sophisticated, and there is a lot of product in there to make up for the price. In general I really like NARS products and this one is no exception.

on 9/13/2007 10:22:00 AM

greatest powder of all time. i love that it doesnt sit on top of my skin and look obvious that i'm wearing powder. i have pretty fair skin and i bought this in flesh. it doesnt change color and you get a ton of powder for the price. i wish it wouldnt have taken me so long to find this!

on 9/6/2007 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just bought this after having run out of LM translucent powder. After reading the reviews, I thought I'd give it a try. So far, so good. I'm an NC20 and I got this in Eden. It seems to be a good color match. It hasn't turned orange on me like most powders do, and it really looks natural. There's no "powder" look to my skin like I'm used to, and it doesn't accentuate my dry patches, which is great! It just makes me look like I have good skin. I do have to blot after a few hours, but my skin is very oily and I usually have to blot anyway. And once I do blot, my skin looks good again. I have to agree with others about the awful packaging. I just cleaned out my old LM container and transferred this powder to it. I'll definitely repurchase.

on 9/4/2007 3:44:00 PM

absolutely the best

on 9/1/2007 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

*photo added*

I have found my HG powder and I owe it all to you MUA girls because I never would've found this without your reviews so thank you!! After reading all the great reviews here, I went onto Sephora's website immediately to check it out. One look at their price and I was instantly put off by it. $33 for powder to go over my foundation seemed a little too pricey to say the least. But, after considering multiple powders with mediocre reviews even if they had a cheaper price tag, I took the plunge and couldn't be happier with my purchase.

After looking at the powder colors online, I thought I would be an Eden (between NC20 & NC25) but turns out it was too light and got the Beach instead. The powder colors on Sephora's site does not represent the actual colors well and I'd say Nars' official site has a better picture representation of them. (Edit: I was just looking at Nars' Pressed Powder on Sephora's site and I'd say that gives it the most accurate portrayal of the actual colors so try using that as a guide instead of the actual Loose Powder colors.) The Beach is not at all that ugly deep yellow but a neutral with some yellow but let it be noted that since this is a translucent powder, the colors will not noticeably show up too much.

*Major Edit* I recently switched to a new foundation and have FINALLY found a shade that matches both the color of my face and neck. It turns out because of the foundation I was wearing at the time of purchase was too dark, Beach also turned out to be too dark for me. So, buyers take into account that if your foundation is not the right match for you, you might end up buying the wrong shade like me. Anyway, I ended up giving the Beach to my sister and I've in turn purchased the Eden; finally a perfect match in my opinion. After telling my mom about this powder, she instantly wanted to get one for herself (Flesh) and we're now one big happy Nars loving group of women in my family. I wanted to contribute my findings as far as the shades of the powder goes so I have put up a **PHOTO** comparing the three shades. :)

I love the texture of this; it's so smooth and silk-like as many have said. But, what I love the most about this powder is that it does not leave a powdery finish AT ALL!! I used to use MAC's Blot powder but that always left me with a powdery look, despite the fact that it was applied with a skunk brush and I absolutely hated my finished face everyday. Now, when I dust the powder over my face with a skunk brush or even with a puff, it doesn't look the least bit powdery; just blends into my skin to give me a flawless finish. I mean it people, if you are sick of your powdery makeup finish, go with this and you won't be disappointed. As far as oil controlling properties, I'd say it's pretty average but make a note that no powder alone will completely mattify your face for a whole day. I'm completely in love with this powder and will definitely repurchase when I run out. Although, there is a whole lot of powder in this so I doubt I'll have to make a repurchase anytime soon. One thing I think they could improve is the packaging. The case is not at all finger print or powder resistant so if you try to open the box with hands or fingers that has even a slight residue of makeup, whether it be foundation or shimmery bronzer, it will get on the box and make it look messy. Besides that, best powder on the market, loose or pressed, hands down.

As you can see, the photographs of the powder on the site does a very poor job of representing the actual colors. continued >>

i adore nars! picked this up today and was really impressed by the product. i really love the barely there feel, and it really enhances your skin! i picked up some albatross highlighter too and now my skin is glowingggggg

perks: great packaging, LOTS of product,no trace of face makeup look, can't feel it on your skin

con: it's loose powder, always kinda messy

on 8/13/2007 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have this in Beach. It's a close match to my medium olive skintone. My skin has yellow undertones but right when the sun hits my face, my face turns pink and my neck yellow---go figure! I tried Eden and it's a little light. I might get that on winter though. Here's what I think about this loose powder:
1) It's finely milled and silky; Disappears in the skin; Doesn't dry out my face
2) It's matte finish but I do get oily in couple of hours; I have to blot
2) Good value for the amount of product
3) The packaging is so-so. It's a little messy and not travel friendly.

For ref. I have very oily acne-prone/sensitive skin. I just tried this on and I'm hoping that it won't break me out. I also have these loose powders for comparison: Chanel (it holds the oilies longer); Dior Invisible(discontinued but I stocked up--the best so far;La Prairie (pink based and no oil control); Origins (finely milled but can make me look gray sometimes).

If all goes well with my skin, this is a definite repurchase.

This a wonderful powder. Firstly i am not a powder person at ALL. Powders have always looked cakey and obvious on me and somehow managed to make my face overall look too made up. But as its getting warmer i thought maybe I SHOULD get one, just to use on my t zone as my foundation has been melting off me lately. So i bought the chantecaille one even though i nearly fainted at the price- 50 in the uk!!!! for a powder!! but i thought if its the best, and at that price it should be, im willing to put it on my credit card! no such luck, i ended up returning it as it just like all the rest. Then i read the reviews for nars loose powder. i bought it online and couldnt decide between the 'eden' or beach for my nc30-35ish/shiseido O60 skintone. I bought beach and im soooooooooo pleased. its an EXACT match for me. But when i put it on, i thought hey wheres the powder? i didnt even look like i had any on. it just went right into my skin, rather than sitting on top of it like most powders do. It isnt chalky, or heavy or anything bad! its amazing! I have this professional airbrushed look to my face, but no one can tell im wearing powder. This stuff is fanatastic AND half the price of chantecaille's!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this loose powder. Cant see it on skin, dosent feel dry, very finely milled. But, i HATE the packaging. Instead of a sifter jar its a net so the powder gets everywhere. I ended up just cutting out the net and using it that way. But IMO the quality of this loose powder beats laura mercier and la mer by far!

Recommended for Normal Skin