December 20, 2014 | 1702 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Matte

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

My goodness the staying power of this foundation is non-existent. Maybe it is due to the weather but every time I wear this foundation, it slips off my face and I am using the NARS Pro-Prime primer. All that is left is the concealer and without the foundation, I look like a splotchy fool. I will use up but I will not repurchase this. And that hurts my heart to type that because I love the NARS line.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for Sheer Matte. Siberia looked like it would be a good match for my very pale skin, and it is. Regretfully, that's really the only good thing I can say about this product. I understand that "sheer" is in the name of this foundation, but it literally gave me NO coverage. Like zero. Tinted moisturizer evens my skintone out more. Also, the package is completely awful. Even if the foundation worked, it would take all day to get out enough to actually cover my face. Finally, it smells weird. All in all, I am wholly disappointed in this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by HangBone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin, and I'm doing my best to keep it under control. I've used NARS sheer matte in hope that it will keep the shine away, but it made my skin more oily. After only a couple of hours, it looked cakey and made my cheek pores look bigger. It felt heavy and gross on my skin. I really really wanted this foundation to work because it blended beautifully to my skin, but I can't wear it for longer than an hour.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by cavalli

I know the word SHEER is applied in the name of the product, so I shouldn't be too surprised but there was absolutely NO COVERAGE at all. Sure, I know it won't cover any blemishes but I expected it to at least even out my skin tone. It didn't do anything at all. And don't even think about applying this with a foundation brush. It leaves behind streaks. I used my Beauty Blender and still had no luck. I don't know... I find a lot of NARS products are beyond overpriced and overhyped. Stick to MAC instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by cutiejunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

it's summer & i want a foundation that can 1) control oiliness & 2) stay on my face. this product stays on my face like a charm without looking like a greaseball. it's good. the only 2 things i have to complain about is that IT IS hard to blend once it's on your face, & it can look cakey if you put too much. coverage wise is medium. not bad. but i wouldn't buy this again for $40. i much prefer my L'oreal true match foundation over this & thats only $8 at Target.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by ashleyanne

I've been using this foundation for about a month now and I've got mixed feelings about it, but I really like it overall! The only thing I don't like about it is it can't stand the 100 degree heat where I live, but there aren't many foundations that can, so I'm eager to see how it holds up in the cooler months. If I'm outside too long it practically melts off my face, and since it's water-based, if I ever get water on my face it comes right off. I'm sure it will be better once I get a good water-based primer though! I know there are issues with the blending, but I've found the perfect technique!! I use a Sigma F80 Flat top Kabuki brush and after I shake up the bottle I tap my brush onto the top of the bottle where the foundation has collected at the opening. Then in sections (forehead, each cheek, chin) I stiple it all over one section and blend it out. It works best if you work in sections on your face since it dries pretty quickly. It's light to medium coverage, and I really like that it lets my natural skin show through while evening out my skin tone!! I definitely plan to use this for a while unless I find something better!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by yulliannah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Definetely for oily skin!,
I do have oily skin but in the winter it gets dry and im currently on a retinol A + BP treatment, so my face is super dry,
So naturally, the foundation went on patchy, all of my dry patches and uneven areas were empahsized. I would say it's light to medium coverage. Hard to blend, no pump, the formula is thick and viscous so its a bit hard to pour out of the bottle. But i have to say im a nc20(Yellow undertones) and light 6(ceylan) is a perfect color match, very strong yellow undertones. Patchiness aside, the foundation slid around and rubbed off within 1-2 hours. So , to be fair with the dehydrated condition of my skin clearly a matte formula wasnt going to work(hence the patchiness etc), but with it slliding around, the lack of stay power and its very minimal coverage- i don't think it's one of the best out there.
But you never know, Sample before you buy :) !

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by kuli1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For this foundation my shade is syracuse (MAC NC42), also i am indian/ asian which has warm undertones (yellow/ olive skin). My skin is pretty normal, however it can become very oily around by T- zone. Also i have really bad ance prone skin...

I have a hate/love relationship with this foundation, in the winter it is a nightmare to use on my skin.. However i have been using it for the last 2 months and i love it. this foundation is 'Sheer' and 'Matte' hence the name of the foundation. It gives me a natural look and keeps my skin matte thoughout the day. I apply this foundation my using my fingers to dot the foundation on my face, then a use a MAC 190 (the flat brush) to blend it into the skin wish makes me look flawless. Also i haven't experienced any breakouts and keeps my oil away for around 8-10hours.. However i need to blot around the nose and cheeky once or twice.

The only problem i had with this foundation is that it doesn't come with a pump which makes it hard and messy to get the foundation out of the bottle. However use can by the pump separately for £3. Another problems is that when your near to the end of your foundation you can't get some of the product out of the bottle which can be a waste. And the last problem i had with this foundation is the price, its very expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by strawberrykitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Reference: Asian, NC-15ish/EDM Fawn, Very VERY break out prone.

I've used this for: A month and a half. First 2 weeks was with samples from Sephora (the girl couldn't figure out my shade so she gave me samples and told me to try.)

Initial Impression: I loved this at first. (I've used mineral makeup and nothing else for years and years but EDM reformulated so I thought I'd give liquid a try.) Applied quickly, looked good, didn't break me out, lasted all day was good enough that I went and bought a bottle after my samples ran out.

Why I've changed my mind: When I first tried this it was very cool where I live. Average about 50 or 60 degrees Fahrenheit. In this weather, this foundation was perfect.

Then it got hot.

Now, it's around 80 degrees at 8 in the morning and this foundation is NOT OK. It turns orange when I sweat and looks blotchy by the time I get to work.

If you live somewhere cold or have enough patience/money to have separate foundations for summer and winter I would absolutely buy this and use it. If you live somewhere hot though, I would avoid. For the $$ you can do way better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by furnando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

NARS Sheer Matte foundation is a medium coverage foundation that can be built up. It claims to keep skin matte and has a satin finish. Let me start off by saying that I was really surprised at how hard this is to blend...once it dries it will ball up, flake off and be blotchy if one tries to blend it. Also the coverage I feel is a bit more on the sheer side than I'd like, however this is not my main issue. The main reason I don't love this, or rate it higher is because my color is not available and because of how hard it is to apply. The colors are more on the yellow side, which unfortunately don't work for me. I would recommend Sheer Glow instead by NARS. The finish is much more beautiful, this is really a mediocre version of it. It doesn't really stay matte, shine will seep through and not in a good way like Sheer Glow, but in a dull cheap manner. The combination of not blending easily and not really controlling shine/oil is why I gave it 2 stars.