Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 2/24/2012 3:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What a great foundation! And what a bargain too. I have tried a zillion foundations,and have not been as near as happy with high end brands as I am with this foundation. It goes on smooth,covers really well with buildable cover if you need it. Looks natural on the skin but makes my red blotchy skin look flawless! I like that is is not drying or overly matt on my skin,but almost stays dewy looking. I love it! Such a bargain! I am now convinced that it is completely unnecessary to spend a fortune on a good foundation. Move over EL double wear..... Hello maybelline!

on 2/23/2012 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

so far this is my favorite drugstore foundation. i have been using it for 4 months now and I love it!! it has great coverage, it blends nicely the shade i use is sand beige and i have never found a foundation that matched my skin better than this one! it gives a nice semi matte finish.

on 2/20/2012 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

After reading so many rave reviews about this product I thought I'd give it a try, despite being wary of the shade range. The lightest shade was WAY too pink for me (I literally have no visible pink to my skin, just yellow/golden tones) but the second one looked like it had the right tones. I got it home and washed off my makeup to try it, only to discover that it was much, much too dark and orange on me. I don't know what I was thinking. When you're as pale as I am and foundation shopping is as hard for you as it is for me, you know that you sometimes have bouts of denial when choosing a shade. You cling to a tiny shard of hope, praying that it might actually work for you even though it's pretty obvious it won't. This was one of those moments. I would say it was basically the same as MAC's NC20, if not a tiny bit darker, and I'm an NC10-15. This would be a good shade for me when I have a tan, and I may give it another try at that point. It really did have a wonderful finish and great coverage. I was so disappointed that there was no color match for me.

on 2/14/2012 1:50:00 PM

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!

I use it in 005 Light Beige, and I am a Nw15. Colour matches my skin perfectly. It applies really well and a little can go a long way. Offers fantastic coverage, even on dark freckles/moles, and it really does last all day. I have dry skin, doesn't give me any spots, dry patches, anything!

It's usually in a Maybelline 3 for 2 offer at Boots, so I get it a long with the concealer (which is also fantastic!)

on 2/12/2012 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

UPDATE! Still like this foundation but the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme beats this hands down! It makes this foundation feel heavy in comparison.

Love this! My shade is Sand Beige and it matches perfectly! FINALLY! Stays on all day and doesn't feel like makeup. Medium to full coverage. Leaves a matte finish though not too matte. I just love it. Covers well (and i have brown spots and acne marks), feels good on the skin, it's not too expensive especially with a coupon and i just love that it matches my skin so well. I went back and forth to a bunch of other brands and i come back to this again and again. It's the only foundation that i have purchased over and over. I think i'm going to stop believing the hype about the other products and stick to this my tried and true. I would have loved a pump on this instead of the open bottle thing but it's fine because you can control how much foundation you use. It's awesome!

on 2/12/2012 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Cool

my hg liquid foundation is loreal true match, but it doesnt stay on my face and transfers onto my clothes. this stuff is thiscker and has decent coverage, but i will continue to use mainly because it doesnt transfer. much better than colorstay imo. shade selection not so great, but i could still find a good match for my skintone. hatee that its not a pump bottle, but i'll deal.

on 2/8/2012 9:47:00 PM

I was using cover girl before I got this one and it would never make It through a day of work ...maybelline 24 superstay stays on all day and helps control oil.. the color was really hard to find I ended up just picking a darker shade works fine for me and seems to just blend in and big plus doesn't make me break out that's the only thing I liked about cover girl too

on 2/6/2012 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I initially liked this foundation because it's one of the few drugstore foundations that doesn't break me out (the other being L'Oreal True Match). I can actually sleep in this foundation, wash it off next morning and not experience a single breakout. It has very little in the way of oil control capabilities but very few products do. Unfortunately this product is getting such a low rating because it oxidizes terribly. Now, many foundations oxidize on my oily skin and often turn a shade darker. This foundation turns orange. Dark peach, Jersey shore-like orange. Back to the store it went!

UGH. Would be a decent foundation if it didn't turn stinkin ORANGE! Bought it in the lightest shade and had to return it the next day b/c of this, but if Maybelline just gets their colors fixed up, this would be a good foundation, comparable to ColorStay without having extracts and being so annoyingly resistant.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought the lightest shade (Porcelain Ivory) for my NW 20 skin. I knew it would be too dark because it just looks dark in the bottle, but I tried it anyway.
Obviously I can't use it again because it's the complete wrong shade for me. It leans really warm/orange and just looked fake and weird on me. I had to really buff it in and even cover my neck too for it to look presentable.
I'm oily-skinned, and I think this definitely lives up to it's "no transfer" claims IF you set it with a powder. I had to add powder anyway because this did absolutely nothing to control my oil...it looked fine, even a little dewy upon application, but a few hours later I was shiny shiny shiny everywhere.
Even so, I still really liked the foundation. It didn't feel heavy, and even with my oily face, the coverage remained mostly in tact throughout the day. The finish was very nice...not totally matte like ColorStay, a little more satiny. Sadly I can't use it because the color selection is useless for pale/cool-toned people. If they had my color I'd snatch it up!