October 24, 2014 | 1943 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UGH. Would be a decent foundation if it didn't turn stinkin ORANGE! Bought it in the lightest shade and had to return it the next day b/c of this, but if Maybelline just gets their colors fixed up, this would be a good foundation, comparable to ColorStay without having extracts and being so annoyingly resistant.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by StretchyElephant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought the lightest shade (Porcelain Ivory) for my NW 20 skin. I knew it would be too dark because it just looks dark in the bottle, but I tried it anyway.
Obviously I can't use it again because it's the complete wrong shade for me. It leans really warm/orange and just looked fake and weird on me. I had to really buff it in and even cover my neck too for it to look presentable.
I'm oily-skinned, and I think this definitely lives up to it's "no transfer" claims IF you set it with a powder. I had to add powder anyway because this did absolutely nothing to control my oil...it looked fine, even a little dewy upon application, but a few hours later I was shiny shiny shiny everywhere.
Even so, I still really liked the foundation. It didn't feel heavy, and even with my oily face, the coverage remained mostly in tact throughout the day. The finish was very nice...not totally matte like ColorStay, a little more satiny. Sadly I can't use it because the color selection is useless for pale/cool-toned people. If they had my color I'd snatch it up!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by MissMF

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this product at first because it covers my skin really nicely as I have a really redish undertone and I get acne on my forehead quite often so it covered that nicely but the color of the makeup was a little off for my skin, I found it was a little too dark and made my skin look a little bit orangey and fake sometimes. Overall I really like it, I just wish the color wasnt so dark. Also I have dry skin and it would sometimes really show that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Straussie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've brought this foundation so many times over, although the colour matching is a little off sometimes. From my previous experience with Maybelline foundations, I've norrowed my colour to somewhere between Ivory/Nude, but with my undertone being yellow, I always lean towards the Nude, which is a little too dark but bringing down to my chest sorts that problem out.

I love the ease of this foundation, the English version comes with a pump, so 1.5/2 pumps will usually do my whole face and neck so I'll do one pump on the back of my hand and shake it out so it spreads, then apply it straight from my 187.

The coverage is great and not too heavy, it can sometimes look a little on the cakey side, but watching how much you apply stops that one.

The staying power is amazing, I go for heavy sweaty nights out, and its still on my face. I sometimes find that my oiliness can sometimes shines through, but blotting, or powdering fixes it quick.

The price isn't too bad, so makes it general value for money.

I love this product, but I guess it depends on peoples experience with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by ChanelLove07

A great foundation for full coverage. But for my preference it's abit to heavy and thick and feels like I'm wearing a ton of makeup on which I don't like. I like my foundation to be as natural looking as possible. I couldn't find the perfect shade for me too so I bought a shade too dark. But it's ok for the summer time. Overall, it has great coverage. I would bye again but in the hunt for my shade. I would mix it with my moisteriser so it's not too heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by roxcandymountain

I love this foundation. It glides on smoothly, it stays on ALL day...like, All day! I wear Sand Beige and the colour is perfect for me (not too pink or yellow). It holds up to being powdered, it doesn't get cakey around my nose like some foundations do and it blends really well all over my face and neck. (I apply it with a Quo bronzer/buffer brush)
The only complaint I have is that it doesn't have a pump tube, just a screw-top bottle which is a little...juvenile I guess. Makes me feel like I'm 16 with my first bottle of Cover Girl, ya know? But other than that LOVE.
Have some back ups just in case! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by girlgaga15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite foundation! I love my color in it, and it's very thick and blendable. It's staying power is average but the formula is amazing :) it's just easy to find and one
Of a kind

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by torirendon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best liquid foundation I have found to this day. I have extremely dry skin that's prone to flaking a lot.I am also really pale so finding a shade that doesn't look orange on me is nearly impossible to achieve. I was skeptical about it at first due to my past experiences with liquid foundation. I wish the bottle was different but I like the formula,color,ect. It stays on very nicely and I have no complaints other than I would like a heavier coverage.I will be staying with this liquid foundation for as long as they produce it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by emilie08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's such a shame because this foundation covers better than any other I have tried. My main issue was that it broke me out and was waaay too pink. By the end of the day I looked orange and cakey which is obviously not a good look on anyone. It also definitely does transfer. Too bad :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by jenniviva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a full coverage foundation, and applied the wrong way could result in cakey looking results.

the best way to apply this is use a very small amount and use thin coats with a foundation brush as it needs to blend seamlessly. applied correctly, it gave a very nice finish, almost didn't need to set it with powder. very good coverage, good staying power. the only thing is i wish it had a pump!