Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 6/7/2013 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This product is really great. it is extremely gentle and works well on my combination, sensitive skin. at first, i didn't really get on with this product because i thought it was to thick, but as a night cream, this is fantastic. i have also found that this is really great to use over my ecxzema creams. it is very moisturizing and calming on the skin. i find this a bit too thick for day time, but this is perfect for night time.

i would reccomend this to anyone interested in trying it!!:)

on 6/6/2013 11:34:00 AM

My lottle girl has eczema, I tried everything on her, this is the only thing that helps her dry skin. Now everyone in my house uses it!

on 6/6/2013 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Update 2015: As much as I love this stuff, I am no longer using it due to the fatty alcohol inclusions. It does a great job of calming my skin, but at the cost of whiteheads wherever I put it. Switched to Vaseline in cases of epic irritation. I now use and love it as a hand cream.

I've been using this cream off and on for many years. Although I have oily skin, I am also super sensitive and it is way too easy for me to screw up. Whenever such screw ups happen (over exfoliation or dryness/dehydration), this is what I reach for. It is simply a bland cream that quickly calms and returns my skin to its normal state. I have never experienced break outs from it, but then again I don't use it on a regular basis. This also works as a lovely hand and eye cream. If you did not like or get on with Cerave, this is a great alternative. I always get the small tubes from Walmart to avoid any hygiene issues that may arise from the tubs.

on 5/22/2013 3:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is way too greasy, it broke me out and clogged my pores terribly. I can't believe how my skin reacted to this stuff. I'm having to relearn my skin after quitting the ole smoking habit, and this has been the worst thing I've used on it. Took around 2 weeks, give or take, to get my break outs to calm down even a little. (With using a lot of greek yogurt masks to sooth the inflammation, too.) I am absolutely not a fan. The similar priced Cerave moisturizer also broke me out, but not even half as bad as the Cetaphil moisturizer did. Going to try to use up the giant tubby of it on my body and force my husband to help me use it up.

on 5/21/2013 2:37:00 AM

My skin:
My body can get really itchy and irritated, don't know why :( I used Jergen's Ultra Healing moisturizer for a while, but it stopped helping. >_< For a few months I've been using Aveeno Skin Relief and it hasn't helped much.
My face is dry and really sensitive, so finding a moisturizer that doesn't irritate it somehow is challenging. I have trouble with redness too =/
The product:
Wow, this is amazing. It feels thick but creamy so it's easy to move around (not in the way that you wipe your concealer away trying to blend it) and it absorbs quickly. It did not irritate my face... It feels so nice! I also dont think this will break me out because it doesn't feel like its clogging my pores. Honestly I'm not sure yet though. I really hope that doesn't happen but if it does I'll just use this as a body lotion.
UPDATE: I stopped using this on my face because I found Olay complete for sensitive skin, but I really use this on my body after a shower to trap moisture.

on 5/20/2013 11:42:00 AM

I have oily and acne prone skin. This moisturizer is perfect. It is lightweight and has not broke me out. I love how gentle it is. This will continue to be my everyday moisturizer.

on 5/18/2013 7:27:00 PM

broke me out :(

on 4/30/2013 10:47:00 PM

Love and hate at the same time. Ahhh, this saves my skin when my face is irritated! I was in desperate need of a good night cream, and have been wanting to try this for awhile. I did pay $23.99 CDN for it, but since I will pretty much only use this on my face, the price is justified. So my skin has changed now that I'm over that teenage acne phase. My oily- normal combination skin is now slightly oily/dry and sensitive, in terms of eczema like irritations on the tops of my cheeks. This does not cause or aggravate any of my dry or sensitive areas, and does a good job of helping with the dryness overnight. My skin is still a bit acne-prone, and unfortunately this gives me 1-3 pimples on my face. I also expected this to sit on my face for a long time because it contains petroleum, but to my surprise, it absorbs pretty well and I love that because it won't feel uncomfortable on my face. Overall a great buy for dry and sensitive skin, but if you are acne prone, be cautious!

on 4/29/2013 4:50:00 AM

I like this product very much. Dry winter air and a sauna visit had really dried out my skin (I normally have combination skin) and my usual skincare routine just didn't cut it anymore. After reading raving reviews I bought the Cetaphil moisturizing cream at a local drug store. It's packaged in a tube instead of a jar. It spreads out easy, feels soft to the touch and sinks in pretty good. It leaves a bit of greasy feel if you use too much, but if you have dried out skin like I had that's not even a bad thing.
I used the Cetaphil cream plus Lanette cream for three days and nights (at night I also added vaseline on the really dry areas) and my dry skin is cured! As an added bonus it also gave me very soft hands :)
Now my skin is back to normal I find that the Cetaphil cream is a bit too greasy for my T-zone, so I only use it on my cheeks (I first put Lanette cream on my entire face and then add a thin layer of Cetaphil to my cheeks).
A word of caution: it's _very_ important to clean your skin at least once a day with a mild cleanser even if you have dried out skin or you will break out. Not because of the Cetaphil cream but because of all the dead skin cells clogging your pores.

on 4/27/2013 9:01:00 PM

I love this stuff as a body moisturizer and only a body moisturizer. I have dry skin consistently year-round and this moisturizer really gives my skin a glowing appearance. I do not use this on my face because it feels very tight, itchy, and most of all breaks my face out. As a body a moisturizer i really love it and it starts working instantly.