E.L.F. Studio Kabuki Face Brush

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This has become one of my ELF favorites and one of my most used brushes. I use it to buff after applying foundation or powder so that everything looks smooth, even and perfect. It is incredibly soft and does not shed. It washes off easily and I like the bottom is white, so you can immediately tell if your brush is clean. Highly recommended.

on 11/3/2011 10:10:00 PM

Love this cheap, soft brush! Great for all-over face blending. I use it to apply mattify-ing powder.

on 11/3/2011 10:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i love using this with my hd powder by elf. great kabuki brush!!

on 11/2/2011 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Where to start with this little gem... how can something so close to perfection be so incredibly cheap? $3USD!!!
It is incredibly soft, it is a multi-tasker, and it lasts. But the best bit - it blends flawlessly!
The fibres are synthetic, hence the softness. This makes it ideal for any kind of product, be it liquid, cream or powder.
I use this kabuki for the following:
- Application and blending of mineral foundation;
- Blending of mineral corrector;
- Application and blending of a variety of powders, including mineral finishing powder, HD powder (silica based), translucent loose powder, pressed powder, MSFN, MAC Blot powder, rice powder.
- Blending and softening of blush, contour and highlight;
- Application of powder based products to other parts of the body, e.g. neck and décolleté, shoulders, arms, etc.
I had a collection of kabukis up until I bought the ELF kabuki over a year ago. I have ditched all my other kabukis, except for my A’Squirrel kabuki set that I occasionally use for special occasion makeup.
I use this brush every day, and I will purchase another one should something happen to mine.
Everyone should buy one of these brushes to at least try it – for $3, what have you got to lose?

on 11/1/2011 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS BRUSH! I have tons of brushes and when I first got it, I used to use it to apply my mineral veil at the end of my make up routine or decrease the intensity of my blush if overdone. Well, it's sooo wonderful that it went from being just one of the brushes to THE brush. I use it to apply my mineral loose powder make up.
Pros:
-Cheap
-Dense
-Super soft
-no shedding! (Even my mac brushes shed, my elf kabuki, doesn't!)

Cons:
-None!

If you want a kabuki, get this one. You won't regret it. It's an amazing brush and it happens to be super affordable!

UPDATE!!!
I ordered two more elf kabukis, and I go them on 11/14/2011. Well, they ARE NOTHING like they used to be. They are significantly smaller, not dense at all, and they aren't as soft. I'M SO DISAPPOINTED!

on 10/5/2011 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Absolute HG. I use this everyday to pat on my Smashbox Halo powder, and it works perfectly. So soft. It's never shed a bit. I'm actually upset when this brush is dirty and I have to use something else.

on 10/5/2011 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my first kabuki brush so I have nothing to compare it to but I really can't see what could be wrong with it. It's dense enough, doesn't shed at all (and I've washed it once or twice since I got it), it looks great and it also dries quite fast. It's smaller than I expected it to be but not less useful because of it, it's quite adorable actually. I got it on sale for 3€ and I'm very happy with it. I use it to blend my bronzer and blush so I get a more natural result and no harsh lines. Would definitely repurchase.
Edit: After a year (and even before that) I don't think this brush is holding up so well, it's not shedding but the bristles are definitely not as soft anymore. I might have to replace it soon.

on 9/26/2011 7:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This kabuki brush is not as dense as a kabuki brush should be. To me, its more like Sigma's SS150 large powder brush, but denser. Its big and fluffy, great for applying powder foundation. It will not be dense enough if you really want to buff the powder into your skin and the bristles are a little too long too. Its in between a Sigma kabuki brush and SS150 in terms of how densely packed the bristles are. I can use it to smooth and even out my cream blush and it works well.

The bristles are synthetic, very soft and smooth. To me is a not bad powder brush.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So incredibly soft and dense. Powders, bronzers, blushes - it does it all. It's lovely. No shedding. Very sleek. I paid $5(CAD) for it. E.L.F. is great, is it not?

on 9/2/2011 5:04:00 PM

This is a really lovely kabuki brush. It blends out colour nicely and is very soft. I haven't experienced any shedding either. I think it works just as well as my Sigma 182 kabuki which is a lot more expensive.