September 15, 2014 | 956 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so excited to get the Mia. I thought it would perform miracles, clear my skin and make me look radiant. It doesn't do that for me. The only real benefit I get from this brush is that it makes my skin extra clean by removing every ounce of makeup. My skin really does feel squeaky clean. But that's it. It doesn't help my acne, and it actually makes my sensitive skin peel more that it already does.

I have used 3 brush heads - sensitive, delicate, and acne. The only one my skin can tolerate is delicate. I kind of regret purchasing this product since it doesn't deliver for me at all. Big disappointment.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by etherealchic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Clarisonic Mia is the best $130 I've ever spent. I have combination skin with a lot of oil and fairly large pores, and I've suffered from bouts of acne (especially period breakouts) since I was a teenage. I'd tried everything from aloe vera, organic lotion formulas, mud masks, drugstore cleansers, over the counter acne medication, to dermatologist prescribed medication. Nothing has worked as well as the Clarisonic Mia. I've used it for 5 months now, and my skin is basically pimple free. I began to see results within the 1st month. I use it once a day in the shower with Cetaphil cleanser. I have the normal brush-head and though I have relatively sensitive skin, I don't think it's too rough. It really, really cleanses your skin, and digs into the pores. Plus, it does wonders for my sinuses and really improves circulation in my face. It's a staple in my everyday routine, and I can't live without it. Only regret is that I wish I'd bought it sooner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm just chiming in to say that I love my Clarisonic Mia. I've tried imitations from the Olay spin brush to other spin brushes. They do not compare. The Mia's brush does not simply just rotate around but it deep cleans, and it really shows on my skin. My skin does not often break out but it is really oily and the texture was not great. I found that even exfoliating washes did not adequately "cleanse" my face. So I got the Mia in yellow and it works great so far, it's been a few weeks and I notice my skin glows right after I use it. I combine this with Philosophy 3in1 Purity cleanser and do it for one minute. My skin feel so smooth and clean to the touch! A cautionary note that it does feel a bit abrasive and rough for the first time but my skin gets accustomed to it. I use it twice a day - when I wake up in the morning and before I go to bed. Highly recommended - it's an investment and worth every penny. I mean it's expensive but if it's going to keep my skin radiant and youthful then it's money well-spent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynmarieexoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me just start out by saying this is one of those things that will change your life. As dramatic as that sounds, I'm 100% serious. Especially if you are someone who has been struggling with terrible skin for a long time like me. My skin background: extremely oily, very acne prone. After using the clarisonic 2x a day for 2 months: BEAUTIFUL!! My skin is FLAWLESS. Its super smooth, never rough EVER. But most importantly my acne is GONE. This coming from someone who broke out EVERYDAY. Very bad acne all over especially on my chin and around my mouth. My chin is super clear now and breakout free! This brush has literally transformed my terrible skin into brighter, clearer, smoother skin. This is the best investment I've ever made and I really really recommend this to everyone. It is so worth the money. Trust me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Reemyn

I bought this device few years ago.
I used it religiously, so yes, it took me months to realize that Clarisonic does not suit my skin after all. My skin is not sensitive, but picky.
My problems:
- too much exfoliation
- stripped my skin from its natural oils
- cleansing the brush... Well, this is another story. If I were a millionaire I would change the brushes every single day, but I'm not and they're too expensive (actually they're just a piece of plastic). I washed them after every use, but I never (I mean it) felt them clean enough.

So I can see that this works for others really well but not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by pinkandblack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What are you doing here, wasting precious minutes reading reviews when you could be, at this very second, ordering the best skincare product you'll ever lay hands on?!?! Just order the darn thing already! My skin: Oily, easily dehydrated, super sensitive, clog/dermatitis/eczema-prone. How many products have I angrily tossed into the trash, having wanted desperately for them to produce the results this magic little buff machine has pulled out of its hat... I've got my own trash heap at the city dump by now: that's how many.

I could write a novel dedicated to the gloriousness that is Mia, but you've already wasted too much time scouring the review section for a glimmer of affirmation that Yes! You Need This! You Need This Yesterday!! All those Clairisonic dupes on the market: fugghedaboudem. I've owned the Pretika and Olay models, and they couldn't hold a candle to the Mia. Their performance doesn't even come close.

Purging! It's a real thing; don't get discouraged. What happens when the purging phase has passed is sheer epidermal ecstasy. Pimples are gone. *Poof* Just like that. My pores are smaller, fine lines are diminished, skin is glowy and healthier looking. Mia has even helped zap a few stubborn eczema patches.

I always remove MU and SS before washing, so I don't find that I need to clean the brush head weekly. I do rinse the brush thoroughly with hot water after each use* and give Mia several good shakes to clear out water trapped beneath the brush. Treat Mia with respect and Mia will respect you.

Oh, and once a day Mia washings is all my sensitive skin needs (and wants). I make it count, though. I take my time forming those overlapping circles recommended by Clairisonic. The real magic is in increased circulation, so don't shortchange your skin with a quick buff. Think of it as a mini spa treatment. The best part is that you get to be your own aesthetician...every single day :-)

*So far my favorite Mia-compatible cleanser is Philosophy's Purity Made Simple. Don't ask why they go together like PB & J, it's inexplicable. Only the skincare gods know.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by sunkissedglitter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Guys, all the rave reviews aren't a joke. The Clarisonic actually is amazing.

My skin was horrible after a summer in China (heat + humidity + change in lifestyle/location + me running out of my typical skincare products = disaster). I bought the Clarisonic Mia to combat that (it was the cheapest one). I tried using it with a variety of different cleansers until I found one that worked (the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser).

It was not an easy process. It took a long time. I did go through a mild purge phase, but it wasn't that I broke out excessively. It was just that my existing pimples didn't go away. It took a good 3-4 months for my skin to clear up and for there to be a noticeable difference. My skin isn't completely clear still, but the texture has improved dramatically.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

I had to stop with my Retin-A cause I'm doing a treatment called V-beam for my redness in my face. But!! Now I had more problems with my acne instead!! The benzoyl peroxide is just not enough.... I've suffered from acne since I've been 11 years and now I'm 34. I have hormonal adult acne, and there is not much that can affect it (have been on Accutane 3 times, pills and thousands of other medical treatments). I have both a lot of small bumps and larger red pimples.

I started by using the sensitive brush for the first 2 weeks. My skin wasn't used to this, so during the first 2 weeks it felt dry and I developed some more acne.... I couldn't use the brush twice daily, but every other night .

But after these weeks my pore cleansing brush arrived and now I've used that one for 1 week. I think it seems to cleanse much better than the sensitive brush, that was too baby soft in some way.... Cause now I use the pore cleansing brush for 2-3 minutes every night. I'll start to try it twice a day now!!

And my small bumps and acne has cleared up for about 30% during these 3 weeks of use of Clarisonic!!!! Amazing!!!!!!!!
The face seems much cleaner and the pores are not locked in a lot of oil/dirt/skin that blocks them to get out....

The only con is that I had to order it from the UK - why don't they sell this in Scandinavia?????

Recommended!!!!!!

Update 2013-06-06:

Now I've used the clarisonic for 5 weeks (2 weeks the sensitive brush and the latest 3 weeks the deep pore cleansing brush).

I can't describe how much I love this!!! Can you people believe that this thing did a better job than both Retin-A and bensoyl peroxide???? I can't believe that!! I have adult hormonal acne, and some areas have been stubborn as h*ll during the latest years - I ALWAYS had maybe 7-10 small bumps on each side of my temples - nothing in the world could remove them (except maybe Accutane again)!!!! Now they're reduced to maybe 4 on each side!! Also all the other bumps.in my face - until now the acne is reduced to 40%!!!!!

500 lippies!!!!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

This is a great cleansing and exfoliating tool, it is a must have in your skincare routine. It is high quality and I love it

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by eeeee

It took me almost TWO years to buy this tool because it's so expensive. I finally ended up purchasing it because my face was recovering from the worst case of cystic acne that I've ever had and needed better exfoliation. Previously, I would use a regular washcloth and/or a nylon washcloth (which is scrubby). I've also used the facial buf sponge, but nothing would completely get rid of the flakes and rough texture that I would get from my acne treatments. Out of desperation I one day used a pedicure brush on my face! Just to see if it would make a difference. And it did. Except it was way too rough and painful. Needing to use exfoliating type products to lessen the acne and its scars I shopped around for a good deal and finally purchased the Mia.

LOVE IT. I've been using this for about 3 months now and my acne has reduced by at least half after I started using it. It's not a miracle tool, but it opened my pores well enough that my acne products that previously never stung (and were supposed to), now did and worked better on my skin. I usually wash my face first with cleanser to remove most of the makeup and then use this which removes the rest. I like the sonic vibration and never experienced any purging. However, I did not like the cleanser, I believe it caused a few zits so I gave it away. The Mia I bought came with only the sensitive brush head which I thought wouldn't do the job on my face since it's used to scrubbing but I actually like it. I recently ordered the deep exfoliation brush head and will update this review with my thoughts.

I still think it's outrageously expensive but it's made such a difference in my sensitive, super oily, extremely acne-prone skin that it was worth it. If you're on the fence, I would suggest buying from a retailer that has an excellent return policy in case you don't love it.