August 30, 2014 | 915 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by zahpphire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Alright, start off that this product cleans your skin out really nicely. But, it does not work for everyone. I would recommend giving it a try because it MIGHT work for you but unfortunately, did not work for me :(. It did nothing for my acne and my face was always oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Florantine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

way too drying for the face. It might work for people with oily skin, but for average skin, this makes my face dry and crusty. My makeup looked horrible after I used this facial wash. I think it's probably better for back pimples, since the skin is thicker there and can handle for medication. The worst part is when this stuff accidentally get into my eyes during the wash. I look like a prune afterward. It takes a few days for my skin to get back to normal. I didn't notice any help for the blemishes. I think spot treatments work better than spreading this cleanser all over the face.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by laurahhh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can use most salicylic acid cleansers with no problems but this and another neutrogena cleansers give me itchy, red painful rashes. The only brand that does!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by macadelic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Broke out like CRAZY. My skin's never been so bad while using this. Back to my regular routine and skin's clearing up, thankfully.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by christinaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with some previous posts, I am not sure why there are so many negative reviews about this product. It is NOT marketed for sensitive skin - in fact it states on the packaging that people with sensitive skin should not use this. This product is only for the oily and acne prone. And by 'acne prone' this addresses the people who actively get acne, NOT for those who consider themselves as acne prone because they get 1 pimple a month or something. And it is silly for people with dry skin to use this because of the 2% salicylic acid. It is clear that YES, it will dry out your skin.

For me, this has worked pretty well. I have extremely oily acne prone skin- with active breakouts and many blackheads. This does not diminish the active breakouts but it helps me to reduce the amount of build up in my skin and also helps abit with skin congestion. It helps keep my oil at bay for a good 2 hours. I will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by christina36182

This product is just okay. It's nothing special or is anything that people should rave about. Very very cheap product (around 5 dollars at my drugstore) so you get what you pay for. I like that there is a pump on it, compared to so many other face washes that are squeeze tubes. After using this product my skin definitely felt clean but it dried out my face so much! I already have dry skin so my skin felt chapped after using this. I'm sure the "acne-free" part has worked for some people, but it never really cleared up my skin after using it for a few months. I think it would be a good cleanser for those who don't really have acne prone skin, and would be good to just clean the skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2012 6:20:00 AM More reviews by jacqtwh

This is the absolute worst thing you can put on your face - especially if you have sensitive skin. On the first wash - the 2% salicylic acid was too harsh for me. It practically burnt off my face and left it dry and extremely irritated. I also developed rashes on the most sensitive areas of my face that itched very much.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by luv2shopic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it does its job, removing acne. but leaves your skin feeling dry. xoxo

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by gracymacy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

dried out my skin, andi have pretty resilient normal/comination skin! however, this combined with neutrogena on-the-spot did clear up my minor acne . when i use this at night i have to put a heavy moisturizer on, i've used eucerin aquaphor and it kept my skin from peeling like it did the first time i tried this cleanser.
if your skin is dry DO NOT use this! if your skin is normal like mine, i'd recommend only using this once a day or every other day. if you have oily skin then you'll probably be fine.
but i will not be buying this again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love that this cleanser comes in a pump, that it's easy to find and removes all my makeup. What I don't like is the way it left my skin looking dry, rough and red. Sunburn red. I was surprised at how dry my skin felt and looked after only using it 2X. Even after slathering on moisturizer, my skin still felt the sting of this cleanser which I found surprising considering how oily I am. In the end I returned it.