October 24, 2014 | 1528 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Chelsea024

I love this product! I seen a lot of comments about this product being too "drying", but I have yet to experience that issue on my combination skin. I use this product twice daily, and I use it on a washcloth. I always follow using it with a light moisturizer. It leaves my skin soft, smooth, and oil free all day! This product is the best I've ever tried! On a side note, I love that it's in a pump bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by reizacross

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for a replacement of my previous cleanser which was the Aveeno cream cleanser. I wanted to replace it because it did not do anything for my acne, besides I still got breakouts. I was really excited in buying this product since I heard great reviews about it. As for the price, I don't clearly remember but it was definitely something not expensive. This product dried out my skin, like bad. My eyelids were so dry that it was peeling and it was to the point that whenever I moisturize those areas it stings. I think I could have lived with the dryness if it did something to my acne but it didn't. And that was disappointing. I think I will be willing to wait a little longer and use this product just to see if it'll work if not for the red little bumps I believe are rashes that formed in my face. My skin is not that sensitive to get rashes from cleansers but I guess this cleanser is just too strong or there's something in it and it's disappointing since it said its hypoallergenic. I do not recommend this product for those who have normal to dry skin. It didn't work for my few acne and even left little red bumps on my face and its the only product that I've used so far that have done that. Those that have oily skin may benefit from the drying factor of this product thus will probably help with the acne problem. But for people that even have a bit of a dry skin I gotta say no no.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Ashleyx

Sometimes when I'm washing my face with this product like today it felt like it was burning , I've never experienced an acne wash the felt like it was burning, so I quickly rinsed it off. I have combination skin. My skin was really dried out from this product. I mean it seems to do the job for getting my face nice and clean and removes all my makeup. I just don't like the burning and that it dries out my skin I put moisturizer on after and my skin still felt pretty dry.. I'm going to try to use half a pump and see if thats better if I see no improvement I'll which back to my other cleanser. But this cleanser is nothing special if you wanna try it go ahead.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by akmcarpenoctem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this a couple years back due to the rave reviews in Allure magazine.

Pros:
- Smells okay, not a super overpowering scent
- Lathers very well
- Leaves no traces of makeup behind

Cons:
- Drying, especially if used more than once a day.
- Leaves sort of a greasy film on face

So basically, it was a so-so product. I prefer using this on my body rather than my face. Not a fan of the huge ingredient list.

Using this product did NOT cause any breakouts or other skin irritations for me (although other Neutrogena products have). But my skin is not super sensitive.

Used up, did not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by beckaaayyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my go to face wash, switching between this and the pink grapefruit cleanser. I have pretty normal skin and this keeps breakouts away. However, it's a bit drying, but it's nothing a good moisturizer can't fix.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by TitaniumRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

So I'm looking at some of the bad reviews for this product, and I see that most people complain about how it dries your skin out, etc. I believe the product speaks for itself in it's name. "Oil Free Acne Wash"

Hmm.. oil free. Just what a person with oily skin would need. Context clues, yay. But anyway, what I think about this product -

I think it's great. I have an oily t-zone, and my forehead plus the bridge of my nose tend to be the popular breakout zones. It really helps with controlling the problematic areas. The rest of my skin is prety normal, so after I wash my face, I moisturize and let it air dry a bit, then single the biggest pimples out on my face with medication. A great wash <3

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by coffeehigh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. It cleared up the colony of acne I had on my chin, which kept reappearing with any other cleanser I tried. I would not recommend this for people with normal to dry skin, it's 2% salicylic acid so you do the math. It's perfect for people with oily skin such as myself, and a light moisturizer gets rid of the dry, tight feeling it leaves after you wash it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by zahpphire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Alright, start off that this product cleans your skin out really nicely. But, it does not work for everyone. I would recommend giving it a try because it MIGHT work for you but unfortunately, did not work for me :(. It did nothing for my acne and my face was always oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Florantine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

way too drying for the face. It might work for people with oily skin, but for average skin, this makes my face dry and crusty. My makeup looked horrible after I used this facial wash. I think it's probably better for back pimples, since the skin is thicker there and can handle for medication. The worst part is when this stuff accidentally get into my eyes during the wash. I look like a prune afterward. It takes a few days for my skin to get back to normal. I didn't notice any help for the blemishes. I think spot treatments work better than spreading this cleanser all over the face.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by laurahhh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can use most salicylic acid cleansers with no problems but this and another neutrogena cleansers give me itchy, red painful rashes. The only brand that does!