December 21, 2014 | 814 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by ana7890

I generally love NARS products (particularly their velvet matte lip pencils, blushes and the radiant creamy concealer) but this foundation was disappointing. It really clings to my dry patches, and looked cakey and quite horrible in pictures. It made my pores more visible and just didn't do much to make my skin look flawless. The packaging is annoying too, I had to pay an extra $4 cos the original one didn't come with a pump.. so overall a waste of money for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Lefox92

I'm addicted to this foundation. The first time it was ever applied on me, I was thrilled: it is super light, not cakey at all and has a really natural look. I build it up at nighttime and it's fine. My colour is Barcelona, and I don't know why I had ever bought another foundation before!

Be warned though: make sure you wear primer or otherwise it just rubs right off your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Sandy01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic foundation! Leaves my skin looking absolutely flawless! No breakouts, super easy to apply, smooth and flawless finish. I use the sigma F80 foundation brush to apply this foundation and it is great. My skin as never looked so healthy and glowing. The only downside to this foundation is that you have to buy the pump separately and that is why I have not given it top marks.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Fazira

This is sort of a HG foundation for me. I bought it in Barcelona and it matches my neck very well. Though I don't reach for it often (perhaps because of the fact that I have one too many), there's no reason to say that this foundation performs any less than what is expected of one. Coverage is medium, and can be buildable as well. It doesn't look cakey, and certainly does not clog pores or break me out. From the name, you would think that you'd get a 'glow' after applying, but to my surprise, it really doesn't do that. I only get a slightly dewy finish/semi-matte finish. I was initially thinking of the sheer matte one, but the lady told me that they're both pretty much oil-free so it wouldn't hurt to use this one even with oily skin. After hours of using it, it did not budge and that's all well and good. Funny thing happened, when I was saying goodbye to my bf as we won't see each other for a long time, some of the foundation transferred on his white shirt while I was hugging him (moment killer much) and he was appalled ! I guess I should've used a primer.. Anyway, I don't like it that it came with just a tube and that if you wanted a pump, you have to buy it off separately. I really don't like this marketing strategy. I think all foundations need to come with a pump. The price is pretty steep, too. But I suppose you get what you pay for. And it also lasts a long time. Overall, good stuff, great color range and awesome staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Julesbee2249

LOVE this foundation! So natural & the color selection is amazing for us girls with yellow undertones! I wish it wasn't so expensive but whatever. It's NARS.. What do you expect?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Breena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Right, so! In this foundation, I am the shade Stromboli, which I find to be a perfect match! I find MAC foundations to be slightly too yellow for my skin.
I find the coverage for this to be sheer to medium buildable, which is absolutely perfect for me, depending on what kind of look I'm going for! It hides all of my redness and I absolutely love it!
The first time I wore this, I plain and simple didn't get on with it. I set it with a mineral powder and decided to leave it alone, not touching it up throughout the day. I found that my skin became incredibly oily after wearing it for a few hours.
The second time I wore it, I used all the same products in the same regime beforehand again, then applied my sheer glow. I then set it with Ben Nye's banana powder and found that it stayed fine for 6 hours! No oil slick skin!
I absolutely adore the finish of this foundation. As a girl who always had oily skin, I always stuck to completely matte foundations. My skin is now balancing out to normal/combination, so I decided to give Sheer Glow a chance! I do not regret it at all.

The only cons I have is that seeing as though it is so pricey, it doesn't come with a pump, and the bottle is pretty small. I find these to be the only disappointing points.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by tirnanog1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is not 'sheer' and there is no 'glow' An awful foundation...dont be fooled by the premium price, this is not a premium product. The foundation sits like a mask on the skin and slides off in a few hours, also makes your skin look dry even if you dont have dry skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by ktemly

I absolutely love this foundation!
I live in Australia where is gets really hot and sweaty throughout the summer months. Over the past couple of years I have stuck with the longer wearing foundations such as Mac Pro Longwear and Lancome tient Idole, however I started to notice that although these don't budge, they were making my skin look 'old' and I started to feel them on my face.

Nars Sheer Glow is a thin consistency with such great coverage, although it isn't 'mask like' like the other foundations I have worn in the past. It goes on so smoothly and is so easy to blend. I apply one layer with fingers and buff on another where I need it. I usually pair this foundation with the Nars radiant creamy concealer and a setting powder.
I do find that on really hot days it's staying power isn't perfect, but with a little touching up I make do.
Colour range is great. I love that Nars have catered for us Neutral toned girls, as I always struggle to find a shade in Mac foundations that isn't too pink or yellow.
I did take off a lippie or 2 as this retails for nearly $70 in Australia which I think is a lot for a foundation. I also find that the lids can sometimes leak a little, so I've ordered the pumps which I'm hoping will fix that.
Great foundation, highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by FrazzleDazzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Its an absolutely lovely foundation, but this simply doesn't react well with my skin!

Ever since getting it, I've been using it as an everyday foundation. Loving it, flawless but very natural and skin-like finish, Effortless to put on (I have very dry skin) and looks effortless and glowing (but NOT greasy - its hard to explain!) I find it easy to apply, I shake the bottle really well and put my finger on the top, turn upside down to get a blob of product out. I do find myself using quite a bit (3 blobs) to cover my whole face though.

Every time I get little cystic bumps under the skin. They really annoy me so I always try to scratch them to get them to go down, but they always go red and leave an ugly scar. It would take weeks for the spot to stop being active and painful and usually when it settles down, another one appears in the area right beside it!! This is very unusual behaviour for my skin because I am used to one or two spots once a month and they would always be resolved in 3 days max. My face is now covered in scars and constant active spots, when I once used to have flawless skin.

I kept using this foundation though because I really did love it and didn't want to come to terms. But I decided enough is enough. It has only been 3 days since I last used it and my skin is already clearing up and the scars are fading - yup, definitly this foundation.

I have used every cheap foundation under the sun and they have all been inert on my skin, so I'm so surprised that its reacting like this with anything high end?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by JessSee0611

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this foundation for almost 3 years now. It is very easy to blend and the colour range is great. I use a sponge wedge to apply the foundation. The coverage is definitely med-full - depending on how much you layer. In flash photography, the foundation tends to look like a white cast if too much is applied. I go through one bottle once every 18 months (the product still isn't finished, but I buy a new one). I've noticed that after 8 months, the foundation begins to oxidise on the skin. If this product wasn't so expensive, I would purchase a new bottle every eight months!

In terms of "glowing", I don't see it... This product doesn't make my skin noticeably glow! Despite it's flaws, I've been hooked on this product from the time I started wearing foundation (3 years ago). I recommend this product to people with fairly non-problematic skin.