NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

I like this foundation for everyday and on me it lasts a good 10 hours. I just have to dab on it every now and then because I get oily but none of the patchy texture for me (am lucky that makeup stays on well on my skin). I wear Ceylan and it is a good match for my skin. I had to buy the pump separately which was a pain but it was handy though because you can lock it and it won't spill during travel. It's also unscented which I like.

on 8/3/2014 7:10:00 AM

I almost bought this foundation on impulse after hearing such good things, SO glad I got a sample because it does not work for my skin. It looks lovely in the first hour - just like skin. The colour match was also perfefct. Unfortunately though, it gradually fades and settles really badly into my dermatitis and dry patches. I tried this with multiple primers and multiple application techniques. Every time I end up thinking I'd look better without it on, which is something I never thought I'd say about foundation!!! I think it'd probably be really nice if you have non problematic skin though!

Tried a sample of this in Gobi and I am won over. Great coverage, feels so light, looks like skin (really) and looks better the longer you wear it. Like it so much I hate to wash it off at the end of the day cause it looks so darn good.

on 7/27/2014 4:46:00 AM

I really enjoy this foundation. I use it as my every day foundation as it gives nice medium build able coverage without looking thick and cakey on my skin. I have an oily t-zone so I do set that area with a powder after I apply the foundation, I also have a bit of acne scarring and it covers well.
I would definitely re purchase this again, I use the shade Deauville, and it's a really good colour match for me. It has become one of my favourite foundations. I have also purchased the nars foundation pump to make getting the product out easier.
I usually wear this foundation for about 8+ hours a day. It has good lasting power on my skin(I don't use a primer).
By the end of the day everything is still looking good, my only problem area is my nose where the foundation may come off a little due to my oily skin and a little shineyness on the forehead area. But that is expected when wearing a foundation for the whole day and doing everyday activities. Other than that it's pretty much amazing!

on 7/26/2014 12:44:00 PM

I do love this foundation, but I broke out immediately, as I do with most liquid foundations except Chanel Lumiere and La Prairie.

on 7/23/2014 9:25:00 AM

I'm pretty pale with slight yellow tones. I have an oily t-zone, acne prone skin with some scarring (Wow I sound really attractive)

At first I really loved this foundation, it seemed like the perfect colour and texture. I bought this in Mont Blanc from Space NK. The assistant didn't even try the foundation on me, just said it would be right. I tried to tell her I had more yellow skin but she said my face was more pink - this probably was because I was wearing a foundation which was too pink!! Anyway it was fine for a while but I now feel like it makes my skin look really pale and nasty, almost transparent. I am considering taking it back for a more suitable colour.

I think this foundation will be good for winter as it tends to slide off my face now it's warmer. I probably would not re-purchase as it hasn't been the best foundation.

And off I go to continue my search of the best foundation.

22/09/14
So in the end I decided to repurchase this after getting colour matched to Gobi by a Nars make up artist. This was a much better colour on me. I have been using this for about 2 months and my face has suddenly been breaking out so badly. I haven't changed anything. But it also just looks really awful when on. As I said my t-zone is pretty oily and it would pretty much slide off. If I itched my nose it would cause a crease in the foundation over my nose. It was very patchy and I tried to stay positive about it and keep hoping it would get better.

Then yesterday I was being colour matched for a no7 lipstick and being intrigued by the machine's accuracy I decided to buy the Beautifully Matte foundation on a whim. So far I love it and I am waving goodbye to Nars £30 foundation and hopefully the no7 £13.50 will be my savior!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Sadly I found this foundation a huge let down. Having watched multiple reviews on youtube I was sure I was going to fall in love with the stuff. On initial application this foundation looks flawless, a satin almost light powder like finish. I don’t get where the ‘glow’ comes from as this is almost a matte foundation when first applied. Throughout the day this foundation fades, separates and becomes blotchy. I was so embarrassed to be out in public with such a terrible face of foundation! And this happens within 4 hours… powder over the top just makes it look cakey. While I have friends who love this stuff I just don’t get it. It’s supposed to photograph well due to no SPF but I wouldn’t trust this on a night out if you paid me. The worst part? Forking out AUS68 + AUS4 for the non-inclusive pump. Disappointing for a brand I usually adore!

on 7/22/2014 3:02:00 PM

This foundation has a truly incredible range of shades for fair skin. I have trouble finding colours that are pale enough for me while not making me look sallow, but Mont Blanc is the closest I've found to a perfect match. The finish looks and feels nice, though it's maybe more matte than you'd expect from something called 'Sheer Glow'.

The biggest downside is definitely the packaging. For a pricetag like that, I really would expect a pump bottle. They do sell one separately, if you're lucky enough to find it, but there's no excuse for not including it with the foundation itself. As it is, it's quite unhygienic unless you use a Q-tip or pour it carefully into your hand, at which point you risk dumping out too much product (and it's far too expensive to waste). It also seemed to settle into the fine lines bracketing my mouth, which I didn't appreciate.

Overall, the coverage and finish were great, and the colour was perfect, but for this amount of money I'd rather look for a bottle with a pump applicator.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation. It is the perfect coverage, gives such a gorgeous glowy (not shiny) finish and stays on all day. Definitely a must have for me. However, I used this on an everyday basis which I personally think is fine if you sheer it out, but it really does a toll on the skin. I never broke out from it, but I noticed that the more I used this product, the duller my skin looked on its own, making me a little dependent on this product to look good. It's a great foundation, just not good for your own skin.

So this is my first expensive foundation. I got three different samples that all lasted 5-7 days (Bobbi Brown/NARS Sheer Glow/Makeup Forever). I settled on the NARS Sheer Glow and I absolutely love it.

It lasts way longer throughout the day then any drug store foundation I've bought (and thank god for that since it costs an arm and a leg). I will only touch up at night if I'm going out to a party or something. I never thought this was an issue for me but now I'm very happy to find that I still have coverage on my way home from work.

It doesn't have SPF which is fine with me - I'd rather use a separate one anyways (more safe).

I enjoy the texture of it, I find it goes on really well - and makes my skin look natural and clear. And it doesn't feel heavy on my skin even when I build on more layers of it. I really like that I can wear a thin coat or apply more to cover up stubborn red marks without a problem.

I really hate the bottle, I use a clean q-tip to get it out so it limits the bacteria that can get in there, as well as doesn't spill everywhere when I tip it. I could order a pump for it but that's terribly annoying especially since I paid 55$ for the foundation already (Canadian).

The colour matches my skin very well. Since my skin is a bit more tanned then when I bought it, I add some bronzing gel to the foundation before applying it to my face in order to adjust the colour. Works perfectly without changing the tone too much.

I like the soft glow it gives, it makes your skin look really healthy and moisturized. My chin becomes a bit shiny with it but I just add powder to fix that.

Honestly this product is a life savor. It makes such a great difference to my face. I don't think I'll ever look back..(sadly) the price is worth it. I have much more confidence when I'm wearing this product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials