NARS The Multiple in Copacabana

4.2

Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethylhexanoin, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin), Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline wax), Alcium Sodium Borosilicate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Polyethylene, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Euterpe Oleracea (Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil), Simethicone, Linseed Oil / Palm Oil Aminopropnaedio Esters, Aqua (Water), Silica, Glycerin, [(+/-) May contain Mica, Cl77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Cl77491 (Iron Oxides), Cl77492 (Iron Oxides), Cl77499 (Iron Oxides), Cl75470 (Carmine), Cl77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Cl77742 (Manganese Violet)

on 2/17/2008 3:41:00 PM

This item is HG to me and belongs in my "essential make-up basics kit." It is expensive, yes, but you get a TON of product for the $$. It will probably take me a decade to use this up. I've used NARS multiples in the past and have Cannes, Malibu, and Portofino, but this one is my favorite for sheer versatility. I use it everyday. I use it mainly to highlight cheekbones and it has gotten to the point where I've developed a dependency on this product--if I don't use it one day I just don't like my look as much. It's the difference between made-up and "glowy" to me.
The shimmer in this is just right--not too glittery. It looks like a glow rather than cosmetics. I also love application--easy to control and build on. Prior to this I was using NARS Albatross for a highlighter and that just doesn't compare to this. When I use this up, in 10 years, I'll buy it again!

on 2/15/2008 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I recieved this in a swap after lemming it for some time, and it is pretty. I apply with my fingers to highlight cheekbones, nose, forehead, and chin. It performs all of these tasks well, but not fantastically. The reason I love this product and would buy again is because it creates the perfect cream base for my Portofino multiple over my powder foundation (BE). If I apply this first, Portofino goes on so smoothly and blends so well with extra glow. Portofino is one of the harder in texture multiples, while Copacabana is very soft.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been waiting to review this, just to make sure I didn't fall out of love with it once the honeymoon was over! This was my lemming for like two years, and I finally got one about three weeks ago. It's fabulous!

First of all, as other reviewers have said, this is not really a multi-use product. I tried it on my eyes, but it creased almost immediately. Browbones, it sort of ran off. It is wonderful on cheekbones, well blended into a blush or
another Multiple. I like to layer mine with Portofino. It makes my face look alive, glowy, and just full of energy--even when I don't feel that way. :) I have tried it with a bronzer in anticipation of summer, and it looks great with that, too! The one non-cheeks use that I could think of would be to dab just a little bit on the middle of my lower lip, and blend with my lipstick. It makes the lips look very full and pouty.

This is a creamy, pearly finish, rather than a glittery one. You won't end up with glitter flakes all over your face...it's more natural than, say, an Orgasm Multiple.

For reference, I wear powder foundation (BE). I feel like powder highlighters (Albatross, namely!) and blushes give me a very chalky look on top of my foundation. The Multiple looks very moist and even when dry does not add to that powdery-ness.

Another thing that is great about this product is that no expensive brushes are required. It blends the best with fingers, and NARS SAs have confirmed this for me on several occasions.

It does tend to emphasize my "smile lines" if I get it too close to my eyes, but all shimmery products do. I have learned to live with it. Also, I would say that it doesn't last the entire day on my face. If I put my makeup on first thing in the morning, I have to re-up by the afternoon or evening if I am going out and actually care.

A lot of reviewers have said that theirs will last forever, but I seem to be going through mine really fast. After just a few weeks, I'm already almost down to the first "notch" that NARS puts in the product. So go figure. But I will definitely repurchase it if I haven't found something more wonderful to use as a highlighter. It is worth every cent of the $36.50 MSRP.

EDIT: I am swapping this, as I have found my HG pearly-cream highlighter to be MAC's Cream Color Base in Pearl. Compared to the Pearl, this is more shimmery where the Pearl is a bit more glowy and natural looking and stays longer. Also, I am starting to get wrinkles around my eyes and pretty much any/all highlighters travel into those wrinkles and make them stand way out. So I'm kind of cutting back on shimmery things in general. But Copa is still a great product and would be my number two.

on 2/3/2008 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is an adequate highlighter for cheekbones, but there's no way I'd ever put it on my lips or near my eyes, so it's more a singular than a multiple for me. As such, it has a good cream-to-powder formula that works fine with my oily skin, but I find the level of shimmer can be a bit much, so sometimes I have to use so little it barely shows up at all. Even in other shades I'd probably only use this product on my cheeks, and in that case I'd rather just buy more NARS blushes instead.

on 1/29/2008 9:51:00 PM

Not sure I will ever have to buy this again because I think it will last forever, but it is a fantastic highligher. Someone else said if they wear it around the eyes it shows off wrinkles, but it doesn't do that for me, perhaps because I have very fair skin?

My tube won't go back down though, so the quality of packaging only gets a 2

Love it!

on 1/16/2008 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

GORRRGEOUS! Gives a glow and sheen like no other. I tend to think of this as a skin 'livener', no wonder how 'dead' it looks, this just perks it right back up.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

PROS:
-It works to give a great shimmer- a nice, healthy glow
-Works well as a highlighter on the bridge of my nose, on my browbone, even under my eyes to perk them up
-The tube will last forever- I've had my current one for 1 year and I've only used 1/3 of it.

CONS:
-It is pricey ($34 for a tube) but as mentioned before- it lasts forever.

I am not a fan of highlighters- typically they are too shimmery or too glittery. Copacabana from NARS is completely different than other shimmers. I use it as a finishing touch over my foundation, since my foundation tends to make my skin look a little "dead". This wakes it back up. It's very easy to use, I'll definitely repurchase this in the future.

on 12/24/2007 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I like using this to highlight my brow-to-cheek area. Copacabana has a really odd purple colour to it (though once applied it's not noticable). It has lots of shimmer in it, which is nice when dressing up, but a bit too much for everyday use. For night use, it really is fabulous. I also like using this stuff on my collar bones and shoulders. It's really pretty there!
As a lipstick, the colour just doesn't cut it. It looks like I decided to put on an oddly sparkly, pale purple concealer on my lips. It doesn't sit nicely there.
Beware of putting it anywhere near the eye area when highlighting, as it really gets into any wrinkles (something I thought I didn't even have!), as with most cream formula products.
I might repurchase this, if it ever runs out, that is. I think one bottle will last me a lifetime!

on 12/15/2007 6:57:00 PM

Ermmm....

I don't know. I just don't know.

I have five multiples and first became obsessed with Palm Beach, even though it gave me spots on my cheek.

Copacobana is my newest purchase because I thought the silvery highlighter is a real staple in any kit. However - I can't help thinking that it is very similar to a number of silvery highlighters that are much less than a whopping 27.

True it will last a long time though.

I have issues with the packaging. Out of the five I own, three will twist out but will not twist back in. When I complained I was told that this sometimes happen so...that's that. We don't have the excellent returns policy like you do in the US! Basically much arguement insued but they insisted it was the packaging that was broken, not the product itself but its really not good enough for the price.

on 11/20/2007 7:03:00 PM

Had I reviewed this product before I found LORAC's Oil-Free Luminizer, I would have given it 5 lippies, but after using that, my rating of NARS drops to 4 lippies. I use this as a highligher, above my browbone, underneath the arch of my eyebrows, on my cheekbones. In the tube, it's a pearly, white color, but when you put it on, it's not too frosty and just gives a nice shimmer. Although it doesn't apply as being white in color, you still need to blend it, and it's a bit hard to blend. I don't really find that this product has great lasting power, but then again, I'm notorious for rubbing/touching my face during the day, so it's probably my fault. However, this seems like this is the first of my makeup (blush, bronzer, or TM) to wear off, which is really annoying. When it's on, it looks great, it's getting it on/getting it to STAY on that's the problem! It's hard to blend because it comes off so easily (on the brush or tissue or fingers), and it's so hard to keep on! I much prefer the liquid versions (like LORAC) than this weird stick/solid form of highlighter.

Top Rated NARS Products