September 2, 2014 | 1938 users online

Highlighters - NARS - The Multiple in Copacabana

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an adequate highlighter for cheekbones, but there's no way I'd ever put it on my lips or near my eyes, so it's more a singular than a multiple for me. As such, it has a good cream-to-powder formula that works fine with my oily skin, but I find the level of shimmer can be a bit much, so sometimes I have to use so little it barely shows up at all. Even in other shades I'd probably only use this product on my cheeks, and in that case I'd rather just buy more NARS blushes instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by discoredhd

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not sure I will ever have to buy this again because I think it will last forever, but it is a fantastic highligher. Someone else said if they wear it around the eyes it shows off wrinkles, but it doesn't do that for me, perhaps because I have very fair skin?

My tube won't go back down though, so the quality of packaging only gets a 2

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 5:35:00 AM More reviews by lil_pie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

GORRRGEOUS! Gives a glow and sheen like no other. I tend to think of this as a skin 'livener', no wonder how 'dead' it looks, this just perks it right back up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 3:06:00 AM More reviews by chloejeanette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS:
-It works to give a great shimmer- a nice, healthy glow
-Works well as a highlighter on the bridge of my nose, on my browbone, even under my eyes to perk them up
-The tube will last forever- I've had my current one for 1 year and I've only used 1/3 of it.

CONS:
-It is pricey ($34 for a tube) but as mentioned before- it lasts forever.

I am not a fan of highlighters- typically they are too shimmery or too glittery. Copacabana from NARS is completely different than other shimmers. I use it as a finishing touch over my foundation, since my foundation tends to make my skin look a little "dead". This wakes it back up. It's very easy to use, I'll definitely repurchase this in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2007 3:34:00 PM More reviews by VintagePinup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like using this to highlight my brow-to-cheek area. Copacabana has a really odd purple colour to it (though once applied it's not noticable). It has lots of shimmer in it, which is nice when dressing up, but a bit too much for everyday use. For night use, it really is fabulous. I also like using this stuff on my collar bones and shoulders. It's really pretty there!
As a lipstick, the colour just doesn't cut it. It looks like I decided to put on an oddly sparkly, pale purple concealer on my lips. It doesn't sit nicely there.
Beware of putting it anywhere near the eye area when highlighting, as it really gets into any wrinkles (something I thought I didn't even have!), as with most cream formula products.
I might repurchase this, if it ever runs out, that is. I think one bottle will last me a lifetime!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 6:57:00 PM More reviews by 8hourcream

Ermmm....

I don't know. I just don't know.

I have five multiples and first became obsessed with Palm Beach, even though it gave me spots on my cheek.

Copacobana is my newest purchase because I thought the silvery highlighter is a real staple in any kit. However - I can't help thinking that it is very similar to a number of silvery highlighters that are much less than a whopping 27.

True it will last a long time though.

I have issues with the packaging. Out of the five I own, three will twist out but will not twist back in. When I complained I was told that this sometimes happen so...that's that. We don't have the excellent returns policy like you do in the US! Basically much arguement insued but they insisted it was the packaging that was broken, not the product itself but its really not good enough for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by katrina1211

Had I reviewed this product before I found LORAC's Oil-Free Luminizer, I would have given it 5 lippies, but after using that, my rating of NARS drops to 4 lippies. I use this as a highligher, above my browbone, underneath the arch of my eyebrows, on my cheekbones. In the tube, it's a pearly, white color, but when you put it on, it's not too frosty and just gives a nice shimmer. Although it doesn't apply as being white in color, you still need to blend it, and it's a bit hard to blend. I don't really find that this product has great lasting power, but then again, I'm notorious for rubbing/touching my face during the day, so it's probably my fault. However, this seems like this is the first of my makeup (blush, bronzer, or TM) to wear off, which is really annoying. When it's on, it looks great, it's getting it on/getting it to STAY on that's the problem! It's hard to blend because it comes off so easily (on the brush or tissue or fingers), and it's so hard to keep on! I much prefer the liquid versions (like LORAC) than this weird stick/solid form of highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 6:17:00 PM More reviews by meepo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This doesn't look as good on me as I hoped it would.. I have an oily T-zone, so if I put it there I just look shiny, not glowy. it also doesn't show up very well on my cheeks, but it looks better if I put some blush on top of it. It's a good product, but maybe just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by bulbataras

I thought this would be too cool for me as I have a warm/olive complexion but it is heaven and what I always used for going out. Strangely, this is the only multiple that works for me and the amount will last forever, so well worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 9:50:00 PM More reviews by aterrebonne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Copacabana is just the most perfect highlighter I've ever tried. It's really easy to use, hard to overdo, and will give you a glow like nothing else! It hasn't broken me out and I am prone to break outs. Put some on your cheekbones, brow bones, inside corner of your eyes and dab a bit on the bones right below your neck and right above your cleavage..is it called the clavicle maybe? The only downside is the price, of course, but the tube will last forever.