April 18, 2014 | 1241 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by salhon

Love this! I just found it in brown. It glides on so smoothly with no tugging/pulling. I have a terrible time finding it though. Between CVS, Rite Aid, and Target: Target was the only place that carried this and then only in brown and black. I bought the brown (which I love), but I am hoping to find it in the brighter colors (teal, blue, etc). This will smear and wear off very easily unless I use an eyelid primer. Currently I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and that makes it stay perfectly. I am so glad I found this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I rarely bother with pencil eyeliners. I prefer the precision of a gel or the intensity of a liquid and I only ever use pencil (true pencil, not a mechanical twist-up) for tightlining.

That said, it takes a lot for a pencil liner to impress me. Enter this little drugstore gem. I wanted to see how this compares to the Urban Decay 24/7 liners which never impressed me much. I don't care for smudgy, smoked-out liner on me so I like a pencil liner that stays put.

The L'Oreal Liquid Pencil liner wears its name well. For about $8 at Rite Aid, I got quite possibly the most pigmented pencil eyeliner I have used. My issue with the UD 24/7 is the texture; it feels kind of dry on me and doesn't look precisely applied even if I pop it in the fridge. This L'Oreal liner has more of a Stila Kohl Kajal-esque texture- very smooth and extremely rich. If you have used Indian/Middle-Eastern liners and loved them, this would be great for you. Unlike the Stila liners, this one really doesn't move once it's set. I like applying black eyeshadow on top of my waterline anyway but this liner has great staying power alone.

Conversely, if you do enjoy a smudged look, this product is just as effective for that. Though it does not have a sponge tip for smudging, you can smoke it out to your liking with a brush or finger. I recommend sticking this eyeliner in the fridge prior to sharpening as it can get a little soft, especially in the warm weather.

For those like myself who suffer from seasonal allergies, this has been holding up on my waterline through endless sneezing fits. Impressive? I would say so.

I would not call this a dupe for UD 24/7 or Stila Kohl Kajal. It is smoother that UD but lasts longer than Stila liner. It does, however, have the good qualities of both liners without the bad. I still prefer gel liner in general, but this is a great alternative for when I don't feel like using a brush to do my eyes. Since I don't use it often, this will definitely be my go-to for pencil liners.

EDIT: 6.5.12: Still love this but it does not sharpen to a nice point, which is disappointing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by MascaraJunkiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite eyeliner. It's very dark, I set it with a black eyeshadow and it stays on all day! In my waterline it lasted a couple of hours. It's creamy so it dosen't tug or pull on my eyelid. All in all a good eyeliner that isn't expensive and easy to find. (:

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by ttzeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to give this eyeliner a shot after seeing the good reviews here, and it didn't fail to live up to its name. I've been searching for a good, drugstore-priced, very intense, black eyeliner, and the color payoff really is as dramatic as promised. It glides on really smoothly and is comfortable to use on my waterline. However, it smudges quite easily. Perhaps it's because of my slightly oily eyelids, but if I happen to touch my eye on accident, especially on the outer corner where I wing the eyeliner, the edges will smear. It's far from waterproof (not that it was advertised as such), but the color lasts the whole day. Not my favorite eyeliner, but it's a good drugstore product. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

Upon initial review this product glides on smoothly and gives intense pigment. It is similar to a gel eyeliner in pencil form. I would say it gives a thicker line than what you can get with a gel+brush liner. This can be helpful or not depending on what type of line you are trying to achieve. I wore this for about 5 hours because I applied it in the late evening as soon as I got home from Rite-Aid, where I bought it. I then took my dog for a 45 minute walk, went grocery shopping and even worked out on the elliptical for 30 minutes (sweated lightly) and had dinner. The eyeliner didn't budge. So far, it's worked well in that regard for me. It irritates my lids a little but my lids are very sensitive and turn red easily.

Right now I'll have to say its a repurchase. BUT, I may have to update my review if something changes. I've had trouble in the past with L'Oreal eyeliners where I like them in the beginning but they get hard and difficult to apply the longer it's been opened. Also, I've read previous reviews on this liner where reviewers seemed to like it at first but changed their mind by downgrading their review later.

***Update 5/20/2011***
So after a full day wearing this eyeliner, an 8 hour work day, a 1 hour walk on the beach with a friend and a 1 hour walk with my dog later... it still stayed on great. The ONLY time I started to dislike this product, which is ultimately why I'm going to have to change this from a repurchase to a will NOT repurchase is because when i tried to remove the product from my lids with remover, it cause my lids to sting (a lot) for the rest of the night and into the next morning. I used a waterproof remover that I always do so I know its not the remover. This could be because I have super sensitive skin and something that gives the liner the staying power makes my eyes feel irritated. So its still worth a try for those of you looking for a smooth pigmented eyeliner. I am going to try to remove the eyeliner with a different remover and see if that helps. This may be the liner from L'Oreal that causes me to stop trying their eyeliners.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by jnetteN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using for about 9 months and I love it. I have black and gray (not sure of exact color) They go on smooth, I can get a precise line, and it blends well. Yes...it does have to be sharpened with each use, so I think you lose a little product with all the shaving but I really like it overall. and i get a lot of compliments.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The L'oreal liquid pencil liner is really creamy and pigmented (I had it in black) and it applies like a dream. It also has incredible staying power and lasts well in humid weather.

However, it wears down quickly and has to be sharpened really frequently. Also, I used it down to less than 1.5 inches and sort of left in in an unused make up bag for a month (went on a trip) and when i got back it was all dried up and un-useable - so I guess continually using the pencil after opening it is also something to watch out for.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by druidzwolf

Completely disappointed. Tugged at the skin on my eye, and not very pigmented. It says it's supposed to be as rich as a liquid liner with the precision of a pencil, but it's very smudgy. I have to layer a lot. Absolutely terrible I wish I had never bought it, and I think it's expensive for the low quality product you're getting.

I am a trained make-up artist and my school (M.U.D.'s) eyeliner is so much better. Sorry L'oreal. I love you but not this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Whittneyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Goes on very creamy and smudges nicely! I also have to reapply during the day, but looks fresh every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by blee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this pencil in black. It goes on really smoothly and lasts all day for me with minimal smudging. I do use UDPP daily. This eyeliner works well on both upper and lower lids and for the waterline. It's my favorite eyeliner hands down. I don't have to bother with cleaning brushes for gel liners, and it gives me the same intensity I look for from my liquid liners. You do have to sharpen fairly often, as it is a very creamy pencil, but it's no big deal.