July 31, 2014 | 2047 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Bolesie75

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had good hopes with this but after only a few hours I had black goop in the corners of my eyes and black marks on my brow bone. I have mildly hooded eyes and it transferred to my brow bone even though I had shadow primer on my lids.

Not worth it. I got it on clearance and only paid $1.60 for it so it's not a big deal. I recommend the Revlon Color Stay liner if you are searching for something that has staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by jessiemakeup

BEST EYE LINER EVER !!! literly you barley i mean barley touch the area of your eye or waterline your putting it on and it goes on in a perfectly dark shade! It lasts me all day and through sweat and water and i have never been so impressed with an eyeliner in my life. i believe i will be buying this for the rest of my life. if i knew where to buy it.. it was my moms but i loved it so much i had to have it so she gave it to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by cltrecartin

I wish I could say I adore this product, because I really want to love it. It is pigmented, smooth, and absolutely vivid. Unfortunately, clumps of the kohl itself fall off, it makes my eyes incredibly stingy and red, and the thing is absolutely impossible to sharpen.

The clumping issue, I believe, is because the formula is so soft, almost a creamy pencil, but somehow firmer. Little pieces of the tip fall off, sticking to my lids, especially along my upper lash line.

My main issue with it is how much it burns. Oh my God, it's awful. It seems that the instant it touches my waterline, or the minute I try to remove it, it starts to turn my eyes red and inflamed, and the soreness can last for several minutes.

The last problem is simply one of convenience- I can't sharpen the thing. I have tried several sharpeners, tried freezing it first, tried everything I can think of, but the kohl is so soft that it breaks. The outer plasticy layer is very tough, as well, so cheap sharpeners just won't do.

In terms of staying power and pigment, it is amazing. However, this product is not for those with sensitive eyes or want to use the whole product with no waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by joeyanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I've been an eyeliner junkie for years, and now this is the only eyeliner that I use on a daily basis. My MAC fluidline (which is perfectly good but takes extra steps to apply) and other liners are sitting in my makeup box collecting dust. With my eye shape (I'm of East Asian descent) I need a really pigmented black eyeliner to rest on my top lash to bring out my eyes. And this has a creamy application so it's super easy to put on. It lasts all day, doesn't smudge, and I get compliments all the time. I don't have oily eyelids however. For those of you having problems with smudging, prepping the lid with a neutral eyeshadow or powder would help. If you have very dry lids and experience tugging, a swipe of concealer on the lids may help. This is just an awesome product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Volleyball

This eyeliner is my favorite. The color is very rich and it actually lasts. The black is BLACK! It goes on super smooth and works well for the lash line or if you use it as liner for the top.

Other liners start to smudge or sink near the outer corners of my eye but even in the humidity this seems to stay put! I would high recommend this for anyone who is looking for a really dark color that lasts :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

amazing for a pencil eyeliner. the color is very intense and dramatic. ofcourse it smudges a little if you rub your eye if you have it lined on your lid. i prefer pencil eyeliners more for the tear line and this is definitely the best one i've found so far. i just wish i didn't have to sharpen it, for some reason all my eyeliners never sharpen well. but overall a really really good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by nicoledomain

Love it. I use it on my tear line when I want extra dark eyes (I use physican's formula trio creamliner for the top for a perfect cat eye). It glides on perfectly and is very intense. It lasts for a while, but not all day. I usually apply it once in the morning and once at night. But that is expected since the eyeliner is on my tear line, afterall. Great price for prestige quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by salhon

Love this! I just found it in brown. It glides on so smoothly with no tugging/pulling. I have a terrible time finding it though. Between CVS, Rite Aid, and Target: Target was the only place that carried this and then only in brown and black. I bought the brown (which I love), but I am hoping to find it in the brighter colors (teal, blue, etc). This will smear and wear off very easily unless I use an eyelid primer. Currently I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and that makes it stay perfectly. I am so glad I found this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I rarely bother with pencil eyeliners. I prefer the precision of a gel or the intensity of a liquid and I only ever use pencil (true pencil, not a mechanical twist-up) for tightlining.

That said, it takes a lot for a pencil liner to impress me. Enter this little drugstore gem. I wanted to see how this compares to the Urban Decay 24/7 liners which never impressed me much. I don't care for smudgy, smoked-out liner on me so I like a pencil liner that stays put.

The L'Oreal Liquid Pencil liner wears its name well. For about $8 at Rite Aid, I got quite possibly the most pigmented pencil eyeliner I have used. My issue with the UD 24/7 is the texture; it feels kind of dry on me and doesn't look precisely applied even if I pop it in the fridge. This L'Oreal liner has more of a Stila Kohl Kajal-esque texture- very smooth and extremely rich. If you have used Indian/Middle-Eastern liners and loved them, this would be great for you. Unlike the Stila liners, this one really doesn't move once it's set. I like applying black eyeshadow on top of my waterline anyway but this liner has great staying power alone.

Conversely, if you do enjoy a smudged look, this product is just as effective for that. Though it does not have a sponge tip for smudging, you can smoke it out to your liking with a brush or finger. I recommend sticking this eyeliner in the fridge prior to sharpening as it can get a little soft, especially in the warm weather.

For those like myself who suffer from seasonal allergies, this has been holding up on my waterline through endless sneezing fits. Impressive? I would say so.

I would not call this a dupe for UD 24/7 or Stila Kohl Kajal. It is smoother that UD but lasts longer than Stila liner. It does, however, have the good qualities of both liners without the bad. I still prefer gel liner in general, but this is a great alternative for when I don't feel like using a brush to do my eyes. Since I don't use it often, this will definitely be my go-to for pencil liners.

EDIT: 6.5.12: Still love this but it does not sharpen to a nice point, which is disappointing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by MascaraJunkiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite eyeliner. It's very dark, I set it with a black eyeshadow and it stays on all day! In my waterline it lasted a couple of hours. It's creamy so it dosen't tug or pull on my eyelid. All in all a good eyeliner that isn't expensive and easy to find. (: