Cover Girl Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation) [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Dextrin, Calcium Silicate, Nylon 12, Zinc Stearate, Quaternium 15, Lecithin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Propylparaben, Methicone, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Rosinate, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, May Contain ( /-):, Ultramarines

on 1/12/2005 8:32:00 PM

oh yeah! this is the BEST stuff for so cheap! i used to use MAC STudio fix but it broke me out, then i went on a crazy rampage through powder foundations, including Lorac, Chanel, Maybelline, and a memorable but super expensive Armani when i lived in Vegas. anyways, this one rocks if you like smooth coverage, non-cakey finish, and very sheer pigment. the colors are pretty good too. my skin is very even and blemish-free so i only worry about covering the shinies (hence the sheer pigment works for me). the one glitch is the packaging, which is bright blue and shaped like a fool but since this is only like $6.00 who cares? it won't break you out either and unlike a ton of cheap drugstore brands there's no mineral oil so go nuts and try this!!!!

on 1/11/2005 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

After not having success with the Jane stay calm foundation and Revlon Colorstay, I decided to try this. I got it in buff beige this is the one of the shades that was recommended to me when I went to Covergirls website. This shade is a tad to dark for me. I guess it would be okay for summer, but not now I live in WA state and it is dark and rainy here during the winter with hardly any sun. Anyway for a powder foundation and this being the first one I have ever tried this is good. It gives okay coverage, if you have any blemishes it covers well at first and then after a few hours the blemish starts to show. I dont think this is HG material for me. I am always trying new stuff and throwing away the stuff I give bad reviews to. This is good for now till I find something better.

on 1/6/2005 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't usually get along with powdered foundations, which is a pity since they usually offer the formula I "would like." Being a long time RetinA user, no matter how much you exfoliate, sometimes it just isn't enough. Powder foundations always seem to bring ever teensy flake right into focus.
This works well as a touch up powder, and to be honest it has some pretty good coverage with it. Close to medium coverage. Ivory wasn't an awful match to my fair skin, but it wasn't completely with out fault either. In general I like it and think it is a good drug store purchase! I also prefer this over MAC's powdered foundations any day. continued >>

on 1/4/2005 4:08:00 PM

Well I hate to say this, but, I just bought Chanel's compact makeup last night, Double Perfection. I have to say it is double trouble for my face...the color is fine however the coverage is totally slipping off my face. I hate when you can see it sitting on top..my CG powder does not do that....I will be going back to CG tomorrow

on 12/4/2004 12:33:00 PM

This product could be used as a powder foundation or as an ordinary pressed powder. I purchased this and CG Smoothers out of frustration, after trying MAC everything (StudioFix, Pressed, Blot), Stila Illuminating Pressed Powder, YSL Matte Pressed #4 & DiorSkin and none of them being exactly what I was looking for. So one day at the WalMart, I went back to my high school favorite, CG. CG Pocket Powder is fabulous. It evens out my complexion, makes my face look flawless, can be topped over foundation or worn alone, absorbs oil and doesn't cake or settle into pores even after multiple touch ups. I wish it were a high end line so when I take the compact out of my purse, I don't look like I still think I'm 16. However, this stuff works like a dream and costs under $10Cdn. Love.

on 11/8/2004 7:48:00 PM

i've been using this since seventh grade. It doesn't clog pores and it does control shine, but I do find myself having to reapply once or twice throughout the day. The shade is a little light for me right now because I've gotten tanner, but during the winter months it looks good. However, wh en my skin is peeling it highlights those spots. but so do pretty much all other powders, so that's ok.

on 10/30/2004 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this powder foundation on sale for really cheap $$ and I was surprised how good the coverage was. I liked it better than the MAC studio fix. Unfortunately, I picked the wrong shade, so it was little bit darker than my skintone. Next time, I'll buy one shade lighter. The package is bit cheap looking, but cute in its own way. Only thing, I didn't like was its inability to control shine and that's the reason why I took out a lippie. I would definitely buy this again.

I wouldn't wear this as a foundation, because it doesn't give good coverage. However it is excellent for touchups during the day, and is perfect for controlling an oily complexion.

on 9/28/2004 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this product a lot! Even better than Lorac wet/dry powder foundation which I thought was great, but this far surpasses it (and for a lot less money). Great for my oily/sensitive skin, no breakouts, and a lot less oily. As with most CG foundations, the colors can be a little funky, but I stick with Natural Ivory for my light to medium skin tone, and it works just fine.

on 9/9/2004 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I generally hate liquid foundations - I hate the smell and feeling of smearing something cold and wet on my face in the mornings. So I opted for the Fresh Complexion Pocket Powder by Covergirl and found it to be the foundation for me. It's a powder so that's great. It was quite hard to find the right colour for my skin, but managed to find the right one. It's not a perfect match, but good enough. When you first put it on it makes your face look really powdery and slightly unnatural, but after about 15 min, this blends in more naturally into your skin. Sometimes when my skin is very dry, it does make it look a bit too flaky. But all in all, this is the best foundation that I've found because it's a powder!

I like how it covers and evens up my skin imperfections - better than some liquid foundations.