August 1, 2014 | 1542 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2005 4:45:00 AM More reviews by FranP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After not having success with the Jane stay calm foundation and Revlon Colorstay, I decided to try this. I got it in buff beige this is the one of the shades that was recommended to me when I went to Covergirls website. This shade is a tad to dark for me. I guess it would be okay for summer, but not now I live in WA state and it is dark and rainy here during the winter with hardly any sun. Anyway for a powder foundation and this being the first one I have ever tried this is good. It gives okay coverage, if you have any blemishes it covers well at first and then after a few hours the blemish starts to show. I dont think this is HG material for me. I am always trying new stuff and throwing away the stuff I give bad reviews to. This is good for now till I find something better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2005 6:55:00 PM More reviews by rthusia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't usually get along with powdered foundations, which is a pity since they usually offer the formula I "would like." Being a long time RetinA user, no matter how much you exfoliate, sometimes it just isn't enough. Powder foundations always seem to bring ever teensy flake right into focus.
This works well as a touch up powder, and to be honest it has some pretty good coverage with it. Close to medium coverage. Ivory wasn't an awful match to my fair skin, but it wasn't completely with out fault either. In general I like it and think it is a good drug store purchase! I also prefer this over MAC's powdered foundations any day. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2005 4:08:00 PM More reviews by scraps

Well I hate to say this, but, I just bought Chanel's compact makeup last night, Double Perfection. I have to say it is double trouble for my face...the color is fine however the coverage is totally slipping off my face. I hate when you can see it sitting on top..my CG powder does not do that....I will be going back to CG tomorrow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2004 12:33:00 PM More reviews by KateJ

This product could be used as a powder foundation or as an ordinary pressed powder. I purchased this and CG Smoothers out of frustration, after trying MAC everything (StudioFix, Pressed, Blot), Stila Illuminating Pressed Powder, YSL Matte Pressed #4 & DiorSkin and none of them being exactly what I was looking for. So one day at the WalMart, I went back to my high school favorite, CG. CG Pocket Powder is fabulous. It evens out my complexion, makes my face look flawless, can be topped over foundation or worn alone, absorbs oil and doesn't cake or settle into pores even after multiple touch ups. I wish it were a high end line so when I take the compact out of my purse, I don't look like I still think I'm 16. However, this stuff works like a dream and costs under $10Cdn. Love.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2004 7:48:00 PM More reviews by renita928

i've been using this since seventh grade. It doesn't clog pores and it does control shine, but I do find myself having to reapply once or twice throughout the day. The shade is a little light for me right now because I've gotten tanner, but during the winter months it looks good. However, wh en my skin is peeling it highlights those spots. but so do pretty much all other powders, so that's ok.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2004 1:30:00 AM More reviews by mulove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder foundation on sale for really cheap $$ and I was surprised how good the coverage was. I liked it better than the MAC studio fix. Unfortunately, I picked the wrong shade, so it was little bit darker than my skintone. Next time, I'll buy one shade lighter. The package is bit cheap looking, but cute in its own way. Only thing, I didn't like was its inability to control shine and that's the reason why I took out a lippie. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2004 9:05:00 PM More reviews by casperdiesel93

I wouldn't wear this as a foundation, because it doesn't give good coverage. However it is excellent for touchups during the day, and is perfect for controlling an oily complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2004 10:33:00 PM More reviews by trixie01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product a lot! Even better than Lorac wet/dry powder foundation which I thought was great, but this far surpasses it (and for a lot less money). Great for my oily/sensitive skin, no breakouts, and a lot less oily. As with most CG foundations, the colors can be a little funky, but I stick with Natural Ivory for my light to medium skin tone, and it works just fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2004 11:41:00 PM More reviews by dogpurple123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally hate liquid foundations - I hate the smell and feeling of smearing something cold and wet on my face in the mornings. So I opted for the Fresh Complexion Pocket Powder by Covergirl and found it to be the foundation for me. It's a powder so that's great. It was quite hard to find the right colour for my skin, but managed to find the right one. It's not a perfect match, but good enough. When you first put it on it makes your face look really powdery and slightly unnatural, but after about 15 min, this blends in more naturally into your skin. Sometimes when my skin is very dry, it does make it look a bit too flaky. But all in all, this is the best foundation that I've found because it's a powder!

I like how it covers and evens up my skin imperfections - better than some liquid foundations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2004 9:27:00 PM More reviews by emiliejolie

I can't believe I have not posted a review on this powder foundation!

I have tried many many MANY powder foundations, from high end brands to drugstore brands and I'm always really upset - there's always something wrong. I've been using Fresh Complexion since August 2002 and I'm always coming back to this one. It's not the perfect one, but it's not far away from perfection.

One of my biggest problem with most other powder foundations is the cakey/powdery look. But this one looks really natural. Not chalky at all. Most powder foundation are too orangey for my skin (including the most expensive ones like Dior and Chanel) but luckily Fresh Complexion doesn't make me look like a carrot. LOL

It doesn't keep the face shine-free all day, but longer than 90% of the other powder foundations I've tried. It easily keeps the skin matte a few hours. It stays quite well on the skin, but if the weather is hot & very humid or if I do some physical activities, it may fade a bit. It's a normal thing though!

It's true that the sponge gets easily dirty but I always buy a bunch of spare sponges. It doesn't cause any brakeouts nor irritates the skin. I'm really pleased with the results!

It has a good coverage but still is light enough not to feel it on the skin. It's not an heavy coverage though - I would say it's more light to medium (which I prefer).

My only complaint: the shades! I use Classic Ivory, the second lightest shade. It's close to my complexion but still a bit too dark, so I have to apply it carefully in order to avoid any demarcation. The lightest shade, Ivory, doesn't look good on me, too pink. And when I am self-tanned, Classic Ivory is a tad too light, but the one just after is too dark. But since I haven't found anything better, I'm staying with Cover Girl! (I think we have less shades here... I've never see the 615 anywhere in Montreal).

Great quality & cheap price! My HG foundation!

continued >>