August 23, 2014 | 940 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by nomoreagingforme

Ok, I am usually not a big critic and am pretty easy to please but I got talked into buying a jar from the saleslady and was sooooooooo pissed off at her after. I applied it on my face that night and almost dry heaved it was so unpleasant of a smell. I removed immediately and demanded my money back the day after.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by JuliaLee67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was given a sample of this at Sephora, and upon opening it my first thought was "Eew, it's gone bad!", but no, that's what it's SUPPOSED to smell like, which is something akin to 'chemical fire at the plastic factory'. Or maybe it's 'plastic fire at the chemical factory'. I don't know! The smell lingered, too, and even though every other--ahem--fragrance--I've ever put on my skin has faded within a half-hour, I could still smell this the next day. This is a really strong, really long-lasting odor, so if you have any kind of respiratory or olfactory/migraine sensitivity, or a similar concern, you might want to take this into consideration as it may be triggering for you. Finally, this broke me out and I got two of those godawful d~e~e~p pimples on either side of my nose. Wonderful. Needless to say, this stuff was horrible on my skin and I would not buy it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by skinobsessed1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like the reviewer below, am surprised with all the negative reviews. Everybody's skin must truly be different because this *worked* for me. No breakouts whatsoever. Helped even my skin tone and gave it a nice glow. I felt like it was very healing for my skin. Used in conjuncture with other Philosophy products- maybe that makes a different. Used the Purity Wash, the Help Me retional, When Hope Is Not Enough Serum, and the When Hope is Not Enough eye cream. Am 24, no major work was needed, just wanted to start an anti-aging routine. I love the soothing scent of all the products, and frankly, I LIKE how it smells!!!! CERTAINLY BETTER than all of the over scented freaking Olay Regenerist line. gag gag gag. I find it smells faintly of Lavender! Those who want to try it, should, because for those that this actually works for, it works very well!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by MiaBella0517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HAS EVERYONE GONE NUTS???? IT HAS NO SMELL!!! JESUS, YOU ALL MUST HAVE BOUGHT FROM THE SAME BAD BATCH!!!! This stuff is a dream!!! It's like putting mousse on your face. It's completely fragrance free if you read the ingredients, it goes on & spreads like a fine chocolate mousse, it's perfects for dry, normal and oily skin. It also does exactly as it says. I buy the Super Size 8oz jar for $110.00 off QVC, very cheap & it lasts forever. I have seen such a transformation in my skins tone & texture since I've started using Philosophy products along with other more expensive items, it's amazing. Philosophy may not be top of the line but it's top of my list! KUDOS!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by knh1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Got a sample of this at sephora since I love philosophy products. The microexfoliating face wash is my HG :) but SO glad I got a sample of this because it is horrible. Well, I shouldn't say that exactly.. The smell was so horrible I had to wash it off my face because i couldn't stand it. It smells like mildew or something. Just horrible. I tried it again a year later and I still couldn't get over the smell. I dont care if it's moisturizing or not, that smell is just something I can't get past. Fail.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by pwncahontas

feels like nivea, costs a ton more. seriously, save your money and just get a big huge tin of nivea for under 15 bucks.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by CaptainJackSparrow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What is all the hype about? Smells gross. Feels terrible on the skin. Sorry I purchased it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by surferbabe09

I really wanted to like this moisterizer since there was so much hype, buts it is really awful! It made me break out with little blackheads all over and made me greasy. The smell is also a turnoff. I will stick to my basic Cerave moisturizer, it worked much better. The price is also ridiculous luckly I just brought the sample size.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Jerlyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a gel-like moisturizer, and the sales lady said this one had a fantastic consistency. It's rather runny, doesn't spread well and leaves that icky sticky film over your skin so you end up looking shiny the whole day. My skin had finally stopped acting up with the use of the previous (fantastic) moisturizer i used, and this one managed to ruin that in just 2 days.
I paid EUR35 for this - complete waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by lachrymist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

omg this smells so disgusting that I had to wash it off my face immediately it literally makes me want to throw up

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No