November 29, 2014 | 961 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by conniecorn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

well, like everyone else i wanted to love this; i heard them tout this over and over on qvc, so i finally bought the kit, which contained this moisturizer, exfoliator, cleanser and some type of dark spot cream...OMG what crap...i hated the consistency of the moisturizer, very thinned out and weird, oddly the smell didnt bother me like most, but with in the 2 days of using it i started breaking out soooo bad....large boil like pimple on my forehead that you could see from two states away...even one on my breast, which i can't quite figure out since these products didnt go there, but i had also been using their shower gel, so maybe thats what did it...anyway, i decided to look at the ingredients. holy cow, so many horrible toxic chemicals, couldnt believe my eyes the list seemed to never end....so thats it for me; however, do love their mineral makeup but thats about it...all the skin care is going back!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually like the smell of this product. It grew on me and became slightly addicting. I no longer use this moisturizer. While it felt light and refreshing on my skin, I saw no benefits that prompted continual purchase of something so expensive. I'll stick to my Clinique DDMG.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ick... what a yucky smelling moisturizer. I also don't like that it's in a jar, never have liked any moisturizer in a jar. Other than the smell, it's a pretty good moisturizer though. Little goes a long way, my face didn't become oily. But it's expensive and icky smelling.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by dealfinder648

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overpriced with basic ingredient deck. The marketing of Oprah propelled this product to the cult following they have today. Tried one of their serums also, nothing special sent it back.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Mollyluvsmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love philosophy products and like everyone else have heard wonderful AMAZING reviews on this... So I bought a value size a couple years back and it lasted forever, BUT it took me forever to use it up because it smelled like I was rubbing plastic on my face :(... I have über strong sense of smell so I just thought it was me. i ended up giving my mom the barely touched jar which she seemed to enjoy... well I ended up giving in to another jar and omg the smell... I couldn't even deal with it this time. I thought maybe my first jar was off or a bad tub but no I'm right on because this second jar is reeking of the same stench... I have the full jar in our medicine cabinet and my husband asked for some moisturizer so I told him to get into it and he was complaining the rest of the day of how he smelled like plastic... Lol kind of funny...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by lriley322

I can't believe how dramatic people are about the smell! Clearly not everyone thinks its "rancid"'or it wouldn't be such a top seller. Personally I enjoy the smell of lavender and use other lavender scented products so I hope philosophy never changes the scent, it's one of the top reasons I repurchased it! Between the sort of whipped texture and lavender scent it feels like a spa product to me, doesn't break me out, and leaves my face feeling great. Only complaints are the price and package.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by ElizabethAnn416

I absolutely LOVE this stuff!!!! It makes my skin sooooo soft and moisturized. I have normal skin that gets a bit dry and blotchy and red in the winter. I put this on at night and I wake up to a happy, healthy looking face! I don't know what smell you guys are talking about. The one with SPF has a strong smell, but I find this one to have none....

Oh well. Love this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by pastizzi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't get past the smell. I put it on before I went to bed and couldn't fall asleep because the smell was terrible. I got up and scrubbed my face to get it off. Oh Hope in a Jar, what are they putting inside you?

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by yay4brunettes

Smells like an old lady's mothball closet. Breaks me out. Hate the 'tub' that causes me to have to stick my fingers down into it time and time again. Overpriced. Yuck. I hate that a friend talked me into buying this product. All I use it for now is to remove undereye makeup residue in the morning.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by jlprincipe87

Hmmm...lots of really bad reviews! Let me start with my skin type, I'm sure that's key.

I have very dry and VERY sensitive skin. I get the occasional breakout, but nothing too bad as far as acne goes.

So far I'm really liking this moisturizer! It's very light and sinks right into my skin. It doesn't leave any greasy look or feeling that others are complaining about (possibly because my skin is very dry).

I put this on at night after I get out of the shower and have noticed a HUGE difference when I wake up in the morning. My skin texture is much better and it seems to be evening out my skin tone as well.

I like the smell when I first put it on...it has a lavender scent to it imo. Once I'm done rubbing it in, I do notice a strange sent for a few seconds, but it quickly disappears, so I have no major complaints.

All in all I really enjoy this moisturizer! I just started using the Purity cleanser...so far so good, but I'd like to give it a few weeks before posting a review.