October 24, 2014 | 1640 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Hello Flawless!

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by libbier

this is good. maybe not to much coverage but good for sheer coverage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

2.5 lippie.
It is just about as pigmented as other powder foundation, and for dry skin, or even normal to dry in winter times, you don't want to apply a heavy layer of powder on, especially for us "oldsters".
This is totally matte, no shimmer, I never breakout from cosmetics so cannot comment on that.
When will they stop putting those stupid tacky flimpsy ineffective brushes in compacts & eye shadows, not only it adds to the expensive but also garbage in the landfill. I mean who doesn't own at least 10 brushes these days.
Its not a bad product, but nothing special, and for the price, I will not re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Arenal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing this for the past several days, since it's been extremely hot in Southern California, and I couldn't face any cream on my face.

I've had this for a while, and as I recall, paid in high-20s for it. It's now US$34, which is ridiculously overpriced for the quality and amount of product.

The powder's ok. The included brush is rubbish, and I usually use a flat-top kabuki to apply. It gives medium, matte coverage. Very basic. No way I'd repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by caz5000

Just realised that the assistant in the Benefit shop matched my skintone to Sunny Beige, which is the forth darkest shade. My skin is NC20 at a stretch and I'm normally near the lightest shades in any range. The product is waaaaay to dark for me. Here in the UK we cannot return cosmetics so an expensive mistake, for me anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by tropicalchicko7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only powder foundation i have ever liked!!!! I am usually a liquid type gal, but my combination skin needs a bit of a mattifier in the forehead areas. This powder works wonders. I use a bare minerals face brush for light coverage, (you don't need much!!!) It evens things out and absorbs shine. The sponge is good for more coverage (pimples, redness, etc). This powder is a bit on the pricey side, and like others said it doesn't look like there is that much powder in the compact. But so far i haven't seen the bottom of the compact, (about a month.) As far as i know the shade selection isn't that extensive, but it looks like the shades are sort of 'universal' as long as you are close to your general skin tone. My girlfriend tried it the other night when we were out and was like, 'WOW this is a great powder' I said..i know ; ) hehe

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by bitsitbunnie101

I lovelovelovelovelovelovelove this powder. I read some of the other reviews, and some people said how it didn't fit their pale skin tone. Well I am super pale, and this powder is amaaaazing. Of course, I wish that it was not as expensive (I paid about $30 at the benefit store) but it doesn't matter to me. I am still a teenager, and I have acne. It covers up all redness perfectly and goes perfectly over or under a cheek stain. And it doesn't cake at all! It does come with a pretty flimsy brush, but it also comes with a square sponge that works very well. (Just gotta remember to wash sponges and makeup brushes).

Love it! I wish it came with a little more powder, but that is alright.

5 stars for the product itself, 4 stars for being expensive, 5 stars for packaging, and I am definitely buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

pros:

- maximum coverage that is buildable

cons:

- shade selection does not cater to those with very pale skin

- very small amount of product in the actual compact compared to other high coverage powder foundations

- price is ridiculous for the amount of product provided

- compact can be difficult to open

- cakes with certain types of moisturizers

all in all, i'd love to use this more often, but i refuse to tan just to use a powder foundation, and i really can't get behind the price considering how little they put in the compact.

**edited to add 4th october 2011**

went to a benefit counter and had them try the lightest shades on my face for this particular powder. (for reference i'm an N3 in mac studiofix powder - the lightest one they make) even their lightest shade for this ended up looking very yellow upon application, and 20 minutes later my face was a rather unflattering shade of pink. i didn't even know foundations could go from yellow to pink in 20 minutes. the sales associate didn't even have an answer for this either - told me to use a very pale liquid foundation underneath it to temper the tone problems. lolol, as if. for those with truly pale skin (in the N3 range and lighter), i would hazard against this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by ABitofThat

Hello Flawless is such an amazing powder; it offers great coverage without feeling or looking too heavy. I use it with The Gal primer and it lasts all day which is a great feat for my oily-skinned-self. The packaging is also amazing because it comes with a brush and a sponge, so if you feel like a day with light or heavy coverage it's a very versatile product. I also like that it has SPF in it. I used to use Something Kinda Gorgeous foundation from the Benefit range, but I switched to this. Even though it is more expensive, it lasts WAY longer, and you don't require as much product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2011 7:08:00 AM More reviews by sangrmahlia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

When they say buildable coverage, they weren't kidding. This product can cover a slight freckle to an angry red acne scar, while still maintaining impressive lightness and natural look (natural look is dependent of course on if you can find the perfect shade. It took me three compacts to find my perfect shade, toasted beige.)
Price is meh, it's not cheap but to be frank cheap make-up worries me. It does not make me break out, which is a major +++ for me, however if I don't do steam deep cleansing every week I get some micro black heads on my chin and cheeks (tho I think it has more to do with my skin condition than the product itself). The packaging is good, it has mirror and comes with a brush for light coverage and pad for heavier. The brush is ok but the pad is a bit thin and not with a very good quality so I replace it with a better one I bought myself.

**update: ever since I started spending more time under harsher weather, my skin gets dry and a bit flaky. Not at all flattering under this powder. I think for this to work best you need to moisturize very well throughout the day. Also I just realized I could never find THE perfect shade with this because they're all a bit pink (not yellow enough for my yellow undertoned skin). But it's still wearable. I use this interchangeably with Bobbi Brown's Foundation Stick--that one I use for when I really need to look good. Also this powder runs out quite quickly.**

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by PINUPROCK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really love this compact, it offers great coverage, better than any brand i have ever tried Mac, Lancome, Clinique, Chanel...... nothing compares....... I have a clear complexion no spots or wrinkles and my tone is fairly even, I guess for someone wanting more coverage this is not the best, could be used to set your make up I guess, It has a very matte finish and it stays on for quite a long time, I just love it !!!
so far the best pressed makeup compact I have ever owned