April 17, 2014 | 1607 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Anna014

I have acne prone skin and as a result have moderate to light scarring. I purchased this foundation hoping it would give my skin a more healthy finish and hide most of the imperfections. My skin is medium in complexion with yellow undertones and unfortunately the SA at the Clinique counter matched me up all wrong. I was the given the shade "cashew" which in sunlight was too dark with a strong orange undertone. Apart from the colour, i found the coverage to be above average, I personally think it can be light to medium to heavy, it just depends on how much you apply, but bear in mind that too much tends to look cakey. With regards to the foundation diminishing marks, I've only been using it consistently for about a week so its too early to tell, but i have noticed a reduction in redness. The coverage is natural but if you have oily skin you may want to set this with a powder.

overall-
pros:
good coverage
fragrance free
did not cause breakouts
reduces redness
hygienic dispenser

cons:
pricey
poor shade selection
average lasting power
turns oily after a while
oxidises

I would not recommend this to people who already have great skin, but for those looking for a little extra coverage this would work fine. I personally am not sure about repurchasing this foundation as the the bad colour selection really put me off. Will update with regards to the reduction in marks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Pros: For me medium to full coverage. I'm an LLL, NC 25-30 and I wore Cream Chamois and it was a good match however it did darken somewhat during the day but for summer not a deal breaker. This foundation holds up well in heat and humidity. Has a full spectrum spf. Loved the container.

Cons: Got a little cakey on me. I broke out a little on my chin but it does contain soy which I am allergic to. I could feel it on my skin which for me was a little too much but I loved the coverage. Did settle a tad in my fine lines. Too few colors so you really need to try this base in person and not guess with online colors, and colors can darken as they settle. Some of the colors have funny undertones in real life so you have to try these on. I did most of the work trying the colors on myself--as usual SAs at Clinique were useless except to ring me up. Wish they would just make the Clinique counters self service.

Bottom line: This is a great long wear option with medium-full coverage IF you can find your match. Not for the very oily or very dry and breakout prone may have problems. If you're flaky at all you may find it hangs up on those areas. I didn't see any lightened areas after wearing but I didn't expect miracles.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by miaroseamarie

Here are the claims of Clinique's Even Better Makeup SPF 15 on their website:

Wear oil-free, dermatologist-developed Even Better Makeup SPF 15 and something amazing happens: without any makeup, see improved clarity, a more even skin tone, visibly diminished age spots. In just 4 to 6 weeks. For continued benefits-even after you take it off-partner with Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector.

Skin Types: 2 - Dry Combination, 3 - Combination Oily
Coverage: Moderate
Benefits: Visibly brightens, restores even tone, protects

Quite frankly, I didn't expect too much from this product. To begin with, it's quite pricey for a student like me, and the size of the bottle didn't seem to be worth it. However, where I live, Clinique items can only be exchanged: and since I initially purchased their Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector and was disappointed with the results, I thought 'What the heck, this can't be worse than the Pore Minimizer, right?' Correct.

This. Foundation. Blew. Me. Away. Compared to other makeup brands that claim to improve current skin condition, Clinique has been realistic
with their claims. For instance, the improved clarity in just 4 to 6 weeks. I've been using this foundation for a little over a month now, and I have definitely seen a HUGE difference in my skin: less angry red inflamed pimples, less annoying hard-to-get-rid-of little bumps, and reduced post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation (brown marks from acne).

I never believed in any duped statements made by makeup companies that claim to improve your skin; let alone the numerous products I've tried, that cease to work on stubborn acne marks. But to me, this proved otherwise. I could not believe my eyes when I just recently realised that I no longer needed concealer for that extra coverage!

I must admit though, this broke me out the first 3 days of using this. But I loved the coverage so much that I continued using it - which surprisingly, made my skin heaps better! I'm so glad I stuck to it! (:

After moisturising, I apply this by warming the product with my fingers, then applying it directly onto my face. A little goes a long way, but can provide extra coverage if needed. This foundation does not oxidise on me even when my skin starts to get oily, which usually happens after 5 hours. Compared to my previous foundation however, it's more of a dewy look opposed to being an oil slick. I simply blot off the excess sebum after 5 hours if I'm bothered but otherwise, I'm fine not doing so.

I apologise if this is really long, but I simply wanted to help those who are reading reviews of this product. I would definitely recommend this foundation to those who need medium coverage, with easily irritable skin. However if you are afraid of continuing using it after its negative effects, trust your gut instinct. This was worth a try for me! ^-^

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by minjing319

I am not a big fan of the Clinique skincare products but I like most Clinique cosmetics. light weight, good medium coverage, non-greasy, doesn't cause breakout, natural finish, non-cacky. I especially like the small plastic bottle with squeeze tip, it's easy to carry and prevents bateria from getting into the bottle. it isn't very pricy compared to other department store foundation ( such as Lancome or Estee Lauder)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by alicia14787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes this foundation provides amazing coverage but it's not worth all of the bad aspects it has to it. For one it turned me into an orange oil slick within a few hours. I tried multiple application techniques and multiple shades, this foundation just didn't work for me. It made me so oily, and it oxidized terribly! No matter what shade I got, it always turned orange. Not to mention it feels like a mask....and for whatever reason when I would try to apply powder to help with all the oil the foundation would turn gray, and I tried multiple powders too. I know it was the foundation and powder reacting because I would only apply powder to my oily spots, like my forehead and the next thing I knew I had a big gray blotch in these areas. Yuck! I'll give it 1, just because it has good coverage. Maybe this would be better suited for people with normal or dry skin. Get a sample from the Clinique counter before buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by benson14

I got this foundation around two years ago after trying almost EVERY brand foundation I could find! I have combination skin with a few blemishes and always found the foundations either dried out my skin and caused even more spots or were too oily and made me look like a human mirror after an hour! I stumbled onto the Clinique counter and was recommended this and I've never gone back. I thought 23 was quite expensive for a foundation, but it lasts me over six months and its well worth it! The squeeze bottle means there is less waste and you can control how much you put on. It goes on your skin perfectly, even better with a primer, and it is so light it feels like you're make-up free! I find it covers my blemishes greatly. I'd recommend using it with a light powder over the top as it does tend to create a shine, especially on oily skin, but overall balances all your imperfections out. This is by far the best foundation i've ever got.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by jess8780

Ive used about a hundred different foundations! I like to try new ones or just happens to be that the old one starts making my face oily. I bought this at the airport once after a lady told me it helped diminish my old red acne scars and cover up redness...guess what?! This product really works!! within 3 months i saw my redness dimishing and the best part about this foundation is that it lasts me 4 MONTHS!! A little goes a long way and it lasts the whole day and i happen to have conbination skin! I often change foundation because of some reason my foundation either stops covering and makes me super oily or breaks me out... with this foundation none of that has happened. It is very hygenic because its designed for foundation to come out and nothing can be put back in. Im a big fan of ester lauder double wear too but it can be too expensive.. i finally found a foundation that lasts me 4x the time and it costs me half the price too :) i highly recomment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Although I'm basing this review on one use so far, I gotta say I was impressed right from the start when I tried this on my hand. I love how smooth it glides onto the skin and how it doesn't have any scent!! The SPF in it doesn't smell at all and it goes on like a dream!! I am hoping that it lives up to its claim that it slowly evens out skin tone. I'm not a foundation person because I hate the heavy pigment but this one is so liquidy that it feels more like a tinted moisturizer. For $33 this is great value for what you get because I barely use a dime size to cover my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by itslindsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted this to work for me because it looked absolutely flawless when I had it on! But it made me break out so, so badly every time I wore it. I tried to deny it and blame it on other things or products I was using but after a while it was obvious that this was the reason. Needless to say I have since parted ways with this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

EDIT: IGNORE EVERYTHING I JUST SAID. After two weeks of use my skin went BALISTIC, cystic acne EVERYWHERE. I had also begun to notice throughout the day that it became REALLY greasy! And it wasn't just my face, the foundation was melting off! This went straight back to Sephora! :'(

No doubt about it this is my favorite foundation of all time! I got a sample at a Clinique counter about a month back, and went back the next day to buy the full size. I was deliberating between this and the Superbalanced (due to me having combo skin) but the lack of pump with the Superbalanced bugged me so I got this instead and I am SO glad I did. I am never buying another drugstore foundation again.

COLOR MATCH: I am an NC20 in MAC and I have the color 01 "alabaster VF-N" (which I assume means very fair with neutral undertones, which is me!) and this matches me perfectly. I'm gthe kind of person that doesn't change foundations throughout the year, I just add more bronzer ;-D

FINISH: This is that perfectly natural finish with just a touch of glow that keeps you looking healthy, but not like someone could fry an egg on your face. I use a both high end primer and finishing spray and this lasts all day. It does need a wee bit of blotting mid-afternoon if I am outside or get hot. But I am sure once school starts in the fall and it cools off it won't need any touching up.

APPLICATION: I apply this one of two ways. One way is with my fingers, when I am in a rush, and even with that it smooths on so smoothly and looks just as good as method two! Method two is applying with my Real Techniques Expert Face brush (which is basically a smaller version of the Sigma round top kabuki brush) and with that brush the application and finish are flawless and wonderful. I do not find that it dries too quickly (ahem Revlon Colorstay) or leave a sticky feeling on the skin. You have time to blend, but once it sets it is going to stay there.

COVERAGE: On the Clinique site it states that this is a 'moderate' coverage foundation, and I agree completely. It is really great coverage without being cakey or heavy. In fact, it feels feather light on my skin. It can be built up if need be, but I never do as I prefer a foundation to look as natural as possible, even if that means a few imperfections are showing through. That is after all what a good concealer is for!

PACKAGING: The foundation itself comes in a sturdy box with Clinique's wonderful leaf design on it. It is fresh and clean without being boring. The foundation itself comes in a fairly plan bottle with a SQUEEZE TUBE. (Can ya tell I like squeeze tubes? :3) These are MUCH more sanitary and means you can squeeze as much or as little out as you want. That means much less waste!

I got this for $27 dollars at my local Clinique counter at Nordstrom and I cannot possibly be happier. This will last me probably close to two years and I will come running back when I finish my bottle! As you can see from my lengthy review I ADORE this foundation and HIGHLY RECOMMEND.