November 28, 2014 | 1836 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by talulahbelle

Love Love Love... This mascara.... was totally impressed how long it made my lashes. and the mascara it self is a really good black.

I do wish the wand was a little longer... but well worth the money.

Just read the instructions and you will be fine

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by emmycantbemeeko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to say, 90% of the complaints I've heard about this product stem from either not reading the directions or expecting things out of the product that it isn't intended to do.

What this mascara is not: Dirt cheap, volumizing, curling, or fool-proof to apply.

What this mascara is: Lengthening, absolutely smudge and flake proof, and very reasonably priced compared to similar products on the market.

Note: You absolutely MUST read and follow the directions to get good results with this product, and it does take a few seconds longer to apply than a non-primer mascara.

That said, if you apply it as intended, it will provide amazing length, an average amount of clumping (which can be remedied with a lash comb or extreme care, and is no worse than most thicker-formula mascaras), and no flaking or smudging.

This is verging on HG mascara for me because as someone with very oily skin living in a super-humid place and who likes working out... well, let's just say I sort of figured I needed to learn to rock the raccoon-eyes look, because I've never found a mascara that truly wouldn't budge.

But now I have! I can put this on at six in the morning, work a twelve hour shift, go for a three mile run, and after it all my lashes look EXACTLY the same way they did at 6 AM- no fallout, no flakes, no smudges below the eye. That's pretty amazing.

It's not volumizing- which I don't mind, since I have reasonably thick lashes. It is lengthening, but of course as I said you HAVE to apply it as intended, if you just do whatever you feel like when applying it it may not work.

It is incredibly easy to remove- all you need to do is soak them for a few seconds in warm water- a soaked cotton pad or splashing your face two or three times does the trick- and then gently rub along your lashes. There's no need for tugging or pulling- the "tubes" roll off sideways just as well. Makeup remover is not required and in fact doesn't work particularly well- which is GOOD! One less product in/on your eyes!

I also feel like this is pretty gentle on my lashes in general- whereas the waterproof formulas I've tried in the past (seeking staying power) have left my eyelashes dry and brittle, they feel soft and strong after a month of using this product.

I removed one lippie because I don't think the product is flawless- a darker black pigment would be awesome, or a lower price, or a more elegant packaging system would all improve it. But in terms of makeup products doing exactly what they promise, I've rarely been so pleased or impressed.

If what you're looking for is a lengthening mascara with fantastic staying power but easy removal and a DS price- this is it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by jazdolphin

I love this mascara!!!
My lashes are naturally long which might make a difference on how well it works but it makes them sooooo much longer! i don't mind the 2-step application because the first step conditions your lashes making them nice and soft. the second step gives you color and separation, making them appear longer.
i got it on sale at Wal-Mart. (value-pack) it was buy one get one free and i found it on the clearance aisle for only $5!!! $2.50 a tube!!! i would even buy it for $13 at Wal-greens because i love it so much.
It doesn't smudge, flake, run, or do anything unappealing.
its really easy to remove too. just place warm water on your lashes for 30 seconds and gently wipe or pull the mascara off.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product makes me really sad because it makes my lashes look so amazing but trying to take it off is a nightmare. I have to tug on my lashes to get it off, even with good makeup remover! I've literally torn off lashes trying to get this stuff off. So sad!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by PinkSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I went through one tube of this mascara and it was decent the first 5-6 times, the next few times it was super dry and then it was like the product was already gone. I had it for 3 weeks max! That's not ok for me. Most mascaras last me at least 2 months. I also found that the wands being so short and with such a fat handle made it awkward for me to apply the mascara. I will say at first I liked this formula. It did make my lashes more dramatic. Unfortunately the bad out-weighed the good with this one and I will not repurchase or recommend this mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Makeupfriend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara in Black, but for me the colour looks like a dark grey. I have stick-straight Asian lashes, so I curl them really well, then use this and it just straightens them out again. I does help legthen, but you can't tell because it's straightened my lashes. Also, I think it's a rip because it doesn't have that much product in each side, not worth the money you pay for it. It is however, very easy to remove, which I didn't realize at first and lost a couple of lashes learning how, but you just immerse your lashes in water and give a little, gentle rub to them and it rolls off.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2009 8:24:00 AM More reviews by mousie662

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sorry to say this product stung my eyes as soon as a put it on so hard to judge how it work. I also do not like the packaging of this product not that easy to hold overall not a good experience

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used my first tube of this mascara and I probably will not repurchase. It takes too much time in the morning to apply and the results are not that noticeable. On the positive side, it never smudges, smears, nor flakes and comes off with just a little warm water. It's also "kind" to my lashes, leaving them feeling conditioned. For me, though, it doesn't do much in the way of thickening or lengthening my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Gabriel679

I really liked this mascara, although it's fairly expensive for a DS brand and I found that it dried out quickly, at least for me.

Also, the base/mascara duo takes longer to apply, and you have to be careful to cover all the white base with the mascara - I think if you have longer lashes, that wouldn't be a problem, but for me, with wimpy short lashes, it is.

I do have to blot both applicators for the first 10 applications - so I don't get too much product - which then wastes product - and I think causes the mascara to dry out more quickly -

I do love the lengthening and volume it give - but until I find a BOGO, I won't be repurchasing this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Dana5489

I bought this mascara for its promise to lengthen lashes up to 80% and because it is supposed to come off easily in "tubes" with just the use of water. I didn't really notice any difference in the length of my lashes as compared to other mascaras I've used. In fact, it seemed to be pretty much average to below average. It comes with a lash primer on one end and a mascara on the other end. I tried using the primer and then mascara directly afterward without letting the primer dry and I also tried letting the primer dry first. Neither technique created much extra length but allowing the primer to dry did work very slightly better. The primer is pretty much a waste of time and money, in my opinion. And because the primer takes up one side of the tube, you get 1/2 the amount of mascara and therefore have to replace it sooner. Besides the lack of length, it did nothing at all for volume. I have fine hair but most mascaras create at least a little thickness in my lashes. This one did not. In pictures it almost looks like I don't have any lashes at all. Also, I curl my eyelashes using a heated metal Shu Uemura curler before applying the mascara and that usually works fine. For some reason, this mascara causes me to lose the curl and makes my lashes straight almost immediately.
As far as the promise of easy removal and no smudging, it does come off in tubes to a certain extent. While in the shower, I pinched my lashes and pulled the mascara off and it pretty much did what it was supposed to. But when I stepped out of the shower and looked in the mirror, I still had the "raccoon eyes" to a certain extent.
The packaging is kind of awkward and inconvenient. The ends of the tube are pointed so when you remove the wand from the tube and have to place the tube on a flat surface, it can't stand up. When you place it its side, it rolls.
I do not like this mascara. It's below average and not worth the cost. I won't be buying it again.