L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.7

on 7/16/2009 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this mascara...I have short wild eye lashes...I have tried numerous mascaras & this is the first one in a loooong time that has really made a difference in the look of my eye lashes. Yes reading the directions is very key...*TIP* do one eye at a time-apply primer then mascara to one eye before applying anything to the other eye...Ive been hearing rave reviews about lash blast so Im gonna try it in comparison to this one...the only con...is taking it of you can lose a couple of lashes

on 7/14/2009 10:39:00 PM

I really like this mascara and the biggest reason why...no racoon eyes. I get absolutely no smudging, flaking or ruboff on my lower lid. It stays until I wash my face and the warm soapy water takes off the lash tubes. Also, it doesn't make my eyes tear like so many other brands do (like Rimmel for example) My lashes appear longer and thicker.

Tip: coat above and below the lash with both the primer and the mascara. This gives you the thickest look.

One word of advice...do NOT go into a swimming pool with this mascara on as the water will loosen the tubes! I learned this the hard way! : )

on 7/6/2009 5:10:00 PM

Really like this one. Bought it three days ago, because I wanted a "waterproof" mascara that comes off easy, and because I saw some very positive rewiews of it on different beauty blogs and forums.
The first time I used it, I thought it was kind of difficult to use. But know, after only just two more days, I think it is easy and fast to put on. My eyelashes seems longer when wearing it (but it doesn`t give much volume), and when using an eyecurler as a last step, the result is very nice. Comes off really easy with lukewarm water :-)

Love Love Love... This mascara.... was totally impressed how long it made my lashes. and the mascara it self is a really good black.

I do wish the wand was a little longer... but well worth the money.

Just read the instructions and you will be fine

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have to say, 90% of the complaints I've heard about this product stem from either not reading the directions or expecting things out of the product that it isn't intended to do.

What this mascara is not: Dirt cheap, volumizing, curling, or fool-proof to apply.

What this mascara is: Lengthening, absolutely smudge and flake proof, and very reasonably priced compared to similar products on the market.

Note: You absolutely MUST read and follow the directions to get good results with this product, and it does take a few seconds longer to apply than a non-primer mascara.

That said, if you apply it as intended, it will provide amazing length, an average amount of clumping (which can be remedied with a lash comb or extreme care, and is no worse than most thicker-formula mascaras), and no flaking or smudging.

This is verging on HG mascara for me because as someone with very oily skin living in a super-humid place and who likes working out... well, let's just say I sort of figured I needed to learn to rock the raccoon-eyes look, because I've never found a mascara that truly wouldn't budge.

But now I have! I can put this on at six in the morning, work a twelve hour shift, go for a three mile run, and after it all my lashes look EXACTLY the same way they did at 6 AM- no fallout, no flakes, no smudges below the eye. That's pretty amazing.

It's not volumizing- which I don't mind, since I have reasonably thick lashes. It is lengthening, but of course as I said you HAVE to apply it as intended, if you just do whatever you feel like when applying it it may not work.

It is incredibly easy to remove- all you need to do is soak them for a few seconds in warm water- a soaked cotton pad or splashing your face two or three times does the trick- and then gently rub along your lashes. There's no need for tugging or pulling- the "tubes" roll off sideways just as well. Makeup remover is not required and in fact doesn't work particularly well- which is GOOD! One less product in/on your eyes!

I also feel like this is pretty gentle on my lashes in general- whereas the waterproof formulas I've tried in the past (seeking staying power) have left my eyelashes dry and brittle, they feel soft and strong after a month of using this product.

I removed one lippie because I don't think the product is flawless- a darker black pigment would be awesome, or a lower price, or a more elegant packaging system would all improve it. But in terms of makeup products doing exactly what they promise, I've rarely been so pleased or impressed.

If what you're looking for is a lengthening mascara with fantastic staying power but easy removal and a DS price- this is it!

on 6/23/2009 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara!!!
My lashes are naturally long which might make a difference on how well it works but it makes them sooooo much longer! i don't mind the 2-step application because the first step conditions your lashes making them nice and soft. the second step gives you color and separation, making them appear longer.
i got it on sale at Wal-Mart. (value-pack) it was buy one get one free and i found it on the clearance aisle for only $5!!! $2.50 a tube!!! i would even buy it for $13 at Wal-greens because i love it so much.
It doesn't smudge, flake, run, or do anything unappealing.
its really easy to remove too. just place warm water on your lashes for 30 seconds and gently wipe or pull the mascara off.

on 6/23/2009 3:16:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This product makes me really sad because it makes my lashes look so amazing but trying to take it off is a nightmare. I have to tug on my lashes to get it off, even with good makeup remover! I've literally torn off lashes trying to get this stuff off. So sad!

on 6/16/2009 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I went through one tube of this mascara and it was decent the first 5-6 times, the next few times it was super dry and then it was like the product was already gone. I had it for 3 weeks max! That's not ok for me. Most mascaras last me at least 2 months. I also found that the wands being so short and with such a fat handle made it awkward for me to apply the mascara. I will say at first I liked this formula. It did make my lashes more dramatic. Unfortunately the bad out-weighed the good with this one and I will not repurchase or recommend this mascara.

on 6/16/2009 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I got this mascara in Black, but for me the colour looks like a dark grey. I have stick-straight Asian lashes, so I curl them really well, then use this and it just straightens them out again. I does help legthen, but you can't tell because it's straightened my lashes. Also, I think it's a rip because it doesn't have that much product in each side, not worth the money you pay for it. It is however, very easy to remove, which I didn't realize at first and lost a couple of lashes learning how, but you just immerse your lashes in water and give a little, gentle rub to them and it rolls off.

on 6/13/2009 8:24:00 AM

Sorry to say this product stung my eyes as soon as a put it on so hard to judge how it work. I also do not like the packaging of this product not that easy to hold overall not a good experience