October 31, 2014 | 1530 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product makes me really sad because it makes my lashes look so amazing but trying to take it off is a nightmare. I have to tug on my lashes to get it off, even with good makeup remover! I've literally torn off lashes trying to get this stuff off. So sad!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by PinkSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I went through one tube of this mascara and it was decent the first 5-6 times, the next few times it was super dry and then it was like the product was already gone. I had it for 3 weeks max! That's not ok for me. Most mascaras last me at least 2 months. I also found that the wands being so short and with such a fat handle made it awkward for me to apply the mascara. I will say at first I liked this formula. It did make my lashes more dramatic. Unfortunately the bad out-weighed the good with this one and I will not repurchase or recommend this mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Makeupfriend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara in Black, but for me the colour looks like a dark grey. I have stick-straight Asian lashes, so I curl them really well, then use this and it just straightens them out again. I does help legthen, but you can't tell because it's straightened my lashes. Also, I think it's a rip because it doesn't have that much product in each side, not worth the money you pay for it. It is however, very easy to remove, which I didn't realize at first and lost a couple of lashes learning how, but you just immerse your lashes in water and give a little, gentle rub to them and it rolls off.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2009 8:24:00 AM More reviews by mousie662

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sorry to say this product stung my eyes as soon as a put it on so hard to judge how it work. I also do not like the packaging of this product not that easy to hold overall not a good experience

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used my first tube of this mascara and I probably will not repurchase. It takes too much time in the morning to apply and the results are not that noticeable. On the positive side, it never smudges, smears, nor flakes and comes off with just a little warm water. It's also "kind" to my lashes, leaving them feeling conditioned. For me, though, it doesn't do much in the way of thickening or lengthening my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Gabriel679

I really liked this mascara, although it's fairly expensive for a DS brand and I found that it dried out quickly, at least for me.

Also, the base/mascara duo takes longer to apply, and you have to be careful to cover all the white base with the mascara - I think if you have longer lashes, that wouldn't be a problem, but for me, with wimpy short lashes, it is.

I do have to blot both applicators for the first 10 applications - so I don't get too much product - which then wastes product - and I think causes the mascara to dry out more quickly -

I do love the lengthening and volume it give - but until I find a BOGO, I won't be repurchasing this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Dana5489

I bought this mascara for its promise to lengthen lashes up to 80% and because it is supposed to come off easily in "tubes" with just the use of water. I didn't really notice any difference in the length of my lashes as compared to other mascaras I've used. In fact, it seemed to be pretty much average to below average. It comes with a lash primer on one end and a mascara on the other end. I tried using the primer and then mascara directly afterward without letting the primer dry and I also tried letting the primer dry first. Neither technique created much extra length but allowing the primer to dry did work very slightly better. The primer is pretty much a waste of time and money, in my opinion. And because the primer takes up one side of the tube, you get 1/2 the amount of mascara and therefore have to replace it sooner. Besides the lack of length, it did nothing at all for volume. I have fine hair but most mascaras create at least a little thickness in my lashes. This one did not. In pictures it almost looks like I don't have any lashes at all. Also, I curl my eyelashes using a heated metal Shu Uemura curler before applying the mascara and that usually works fine. For some reason, this mascara causes me to lose the curl and makes my lashes straight almost immediately.
As far as the promise of easy removal and no smudging, it does come off in tubes to a certain extent. While in the shower, I pinched my lashes and pulled the mascara off and it pretty much did what it was supposed to. But when I stepped out of the shower and looked in the mirror, I still had the "raccoon eyes" to a certain extent.
The packaging is kind of awkward and inconvenient. The ends of the tube are pointed so when you remove the wand from the tube and have to place the tube on a flat surface, it can't stand up. When you place it its side, it rolls.
I do not like this mascara. It's below average and not worth the cost. I won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by rebelb

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It doesn't run, clump, or smudge. I find that I am reaching for this one every day instead of my Givenchy! I LOVE that it lasts forever, and only comes off with a little warm water. Update: still buying this regularly after one year.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by beautylicious73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is just ok for me. I like what it does to my almost non-existent eyelashes, but when I'm washing them off (easier in the shower), I don't like that fact that I have to almost literally take them off. I feel like my own lashes might be coming off with them. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in their black colour.
I like the primer, it really does thicken my lashes, and makes them look amazing.
The mascara that accompanies it is mediocre, hence why I took off a lipstick.
When I first used this and washed it off, I was actually a little frightened to see the whole eyelash tube coming off. But it made getting it off very easy, which I like!! (I have blonde lashes and find that mascaras always seem to...stain my lashes but this didn't!).
The black mascara isn't very thickening which is something I look for.
I used this the other day, one and a half coats of primer, one coat of black followed by one coat of Black Pearl Covergirl Eye Exacts.
The compliments I got on my eyes and lashes were ridiculous! By the end of the day I was a little tired of hearing about how big, and beautiful they looked haha.
I don't really like paying for only the half the product, as it is $12.99, and I have already run out of the primer, but barely dented the mascara. I will repurchase if it goes on sale.

I won't repurchase
after starting to run out I decided to use the primer only on days I wanted a little extra oomph in my look (so not on days for work etc)
My eyes had been increasingly irritated..and gooey (contact lense wearers would understand). I assumes it was because I was swimming more and probably the chlorine. After stopping this the redness, itching and gooey-ness went away. I used it again last night, after a few hours my eyes were red, irritated and my contact lenses were gooey. I tried this on and off. Definatly the culprit. Le sigh.