September 17, 2014 | 1289 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bare Escentuals - Kabuki Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by sfeng

I'm looking to replace this kabuki soon. I've had it for a couple years and I haven't really used it since I ditched my BE foundation. I use it every now and then to buff out my foundation... but it has ballooned out to a strange shape and the bristles are kinda hanging out on the sides... and it isn't very soft. The scratchiness isn't so bad that I absolutely can't stand it, but it definitely isn't the best thing out there. I also have the baby kabuki and that one has held its shape a little better.. but it's of the same bristles, so it's a little scratchy. I wouldn't go and purchase these brushes.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by chic_chick23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this hoping it would be softer and less abrasive than my first BE foundation brush. I am so disappointed. It is harsh and feels like it makes little cuts on my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2008 7:00:00 PM More reviews by MaBoogins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Luckily, I got this brush in the BE starter kit. I would never purchase this brush on its own. It sheds every single time I use it and the handle is becoming very loose. If it was constructed better, it COULD be a "decent" brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by makeupmesarah

This brush sheds worse than my cat! It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't shed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

Hate this brush, It's not soft feels like using a broom on my face and does not apply powder flawlessly. Makes my makeup look chalky and does not apply evenly. Sheds like crazy.

The worse brush I ever owned and thrown away.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2008 8:55:00 AM More reviews by BanditKat0824

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this brush. It sheds terribly and feels like I'm poking my face with tiny needles when I use it. I wouldn't even give it away - I tossed it. Chanel's kabuki is the best.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2008 4:42:00 AM More reviews by silverylotus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first brush I bought when I started using BE. It was okay at first because I didn't really know how a good brush should be. But then as I clean it more, it was like poking the brush into my face. I bought the MAC 182 and wow, what a difference. I threw the BE brush in the garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2008 5:32:00 AM More reviews by grrrebecka

I agree with the previous reviewer; I hate this brush! It sheds so much I have to wear protective clothing when applying my foundation. It is also rather scratchy. Shame on you, BE this is crap!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate this brush. At first, it shed quite a lot, but that stopped after some time. But it's too rough on my skin, and I have tried treating it in any imaginable way without it getting better. So far, I haven't found the perfect brush for my MMU, but GloMinerals Ultra brush (also natural) and Signature Minerals flattop are much better than this one. Again a product that's popular because of marketing (because it can't be by its quality). Shame on you, BE, and shame on all SAs who have been brainwashed into thinking that "this brush is the only one there is".

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2008 8:07:00 PM More reviews by lilyzy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is very soft and picks up a lot of powder which means good as a foundation brush for mineral makeup but not really useful in other ways. The silvery handle is cute though.