October 30, 2014 | 1199 users online

Bronzers - Too Faced - Chocolate Soleil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this. It lasts a LONG time and is the perfect matte color (for me) for contouring and/or bronzing. Benefit's Hoola showed too orange on my skin, so I tried this and was pleased. In summer I can get quite tan, but I am still light enough that this still chisels my cheekbones. I alternate this with NARS Laguna, which has a subtle amount of shimmer, when I want a bit more of a glow. I can easily see why this bronzer would not work on quite dark skintones, so keep that in mind.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by VivaLaSunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked how this looked, the colour came off nicely on my tan skin. BUT, as soon as I started using it, it broke me out! I stopped for a while to see if I was still breaking out (because of other makeup, hormones etc) and I didn't get any new breakouts. Today, I tried it again, and sure enough. I know it's the bronzer because I NEVER break out in these spots (where I contoured with it especially jawbone/around the chin where I've never broken out before). It was a mess. If it doesn't break you out though, it is a nice bronzer for all over or to contour. Great colour and love the smell!

EDIT: I've been using this bronzer again and it doesn't break me out anymore! Not sure why the change, but I use it everyday now with no problem (: moved up from a 2 star to a 4 (it's kinda too light for me to contour with)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

This is the best bronzer I own. It's so matte, it's perfect for contouring. I got mine in the travel size for $10 on the Sephora website, along with the poreless primer, which I thought was a pretty good deal for a trial run. This formula blends very easily, without making you look dirty, which is a problem I run into since I'm fair-skinned. Plus...y'all...it smells like chocolate. And it TASTES like chocolate (not that you should eat it. You shouldn't). It makes me happy to use this product. It's a beautiful color, and I think it would work for much darker complexions. It also lasts me all day. If you're on the fence about buying it, give it a try, especially if you can find it in the travel version. It's well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by BreaMarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have fair skin and have trouble finding a bronzer that doesn't make my skin look dirty. This seemed too dark to me at first, but when it's on and blended, it looks great, and stays on well.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NW45 (brown skinned) and this did nothing for me. Yeah it smells good. Unless I'm going to eat it, this does nothing for me. It felt chalky as the brush picked it up and was a bit powdery. It was about the same as my skin tone, but a tiny bit more flat colorwise. Maybe on lighter people its great, but its marketed to be good for a range of skin tones. In actuality its for a range of light to olive skin tones. I did like how it didn't have any shimmer. Pass.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by lexkay86

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is great and i would deff buy again it has a non orange base and is perfect if you wear bronzer all over your face. this is really hard to put too much of this on so deffinite plus its worth the money

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by xkimberr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a powder to contour with and decided on a matte bronzer that I could also use when I am tan in the winter. I was assured by the SA that this was the best and I was NOT disappointed! Even though it seems shockingly dark in the pan, it melts into skin flawlessly and gives an awesome color. Must use with a light hand though! The packaging is adorable, as with all Too Faced products and the price is reasonable I think for the quality. Bronzer is definitely an item where quality is a must or you may look like an oompa loompa.

One flaw that I did notice with this product is that if you use a liquid highlighter or blush over it, the color becomes muddy so be careful. Otherwise 5 lippies because it is not orange, does not irritate my sensitive skin and is such a flattering color to contour or use all over the face. Everything I was looking for. And the smell... YUM. Love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a "high end" bronzer and found this at Sephora although the fullsize is $29 I didnt want to shell out that money for something I hadn't tried...so I was lucky to find the mini size of this for only $10! I absolutely love it, is perfect for my NC40 (winter shade) complexion! It does smell like chocolate but doesnt transfer to the skin! I will buy the full size when this little guy is gone!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by huhjenni

This product is not bad. It's "ok." I expected a lot from this because of all the positive reviews. However, when I got it, the color was a little light for my contour. I think a lot of people are being misguided about this product overall because they love the chocolate scent. I can use this for bronzing my entire face. It doesn't last very long on my face though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Got a mini size of this in a swap and I adore it. The smell, first off, is amazing. The cocoa is very noticable, but not overpowering. Second, the color is dark but workable, even on my super pale skin. (just use tiny amounts and tap off that excess!) I've still got quite a bit left but so far this is the best bronzer I have found. I don't see any reddish/ orangy tones which look horrid on my super pale/cool toned skin.