Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

This product is very good to contour with! It smells so good too! It seriously smells like chocolate! This bronzer is matte which makes it better to contour with!

on 8/3/2013 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My skin is so fair (NW10, freckles) that most bronzers are too dark no matter how lightly I apply them. I end up using light mauve or light peachy brown blushes as bronzers.

This bronzer is the first bronzer I've really loved. It goes on light without being patchy, it blends smoothly, it smells heavenly. It looks matte and natural on the skin. It's perfect with a sheer foundation as well as a full coverage look. It's not too warm or orange for my cool-toned skin.

I really love this product. I use it almost every day, and the pan has lasted me for more than a year. It's a good investment.

on 7/31/2013 7:31:00 AM

I LOVE THIS BRONZER SO MUCH. I have fair skin, however it isn't too dark for me to contour with. I also love the smell. It is a bit pricey but it's so pigmented you barely have to use any product so it has lasted me a really long time. I've used it almost everyday for a year and haven't even hit pan yet.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used this for a while after buying on a whim at Ulta. I'm a big fan of everything matte... eyeshadows, bronzers, even highlighters. I loved that this bronzer is matte, and I was able to blend it easily, but it seemed a bit too dark for me unless I already had quite the tan going. I just couldn't get a natural 'bronzed' look with this in the winter months (when I need it most).

Also -- honestly, I'd never think of having makeup on my face with much of a scent, but this stuff smells DELICIOUS! I really didn't think anyone else noticed it, but my boyfriend actually commented on it a couple times... he liked it, too :)

on 7/25/2013 9:08:00 PM

I love the color of this brozer. It is a good matte bronzer. I tend to be one of the people who dislike the glitter bronzers. And this smells just lile coco powder. Very odd but in a good way. ha! Unfortunately, it did break me out. I do, however, think its my skin not so much the product. I would recommend this to some one with fair/medium+ skin. The only reason I would not repurchase is bc my skin was to sensitive.

One of my HG products! I love it! I use this to contour and even on days when I want just a "natural tan" look. It looks great on all skin tones and smells divine.. I will purchase over and over and over again!

on 7/10/2013 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really like matte bronzers and this is a good one! What I don't love about it is the smell. I LOVE chocolate and I like the smell in general but most people apply their make up early in the morning and there is something that i just really really dislike about something that "fake" and super super sweet smelling before I have even had my coffee. The product itself is nice but it still cant quite live up to my Bobbi Brown bronzer :)

on 7/8/2013 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my HG bronzer!! Since I have fair olive skin, I can't wear blush, but bronzer looks great on me for a little glow. However most bronzers have pigments of glitter (gross.) I LOVE LOVE LOVE that this bronzer does NOT have glitter or shimmer! It's beautiful with the most natural matte tone! Stays all day, doesn't fade or streak, perf for oily skinned gals like me. It's so wearable. And did I mention it smells like cocoa? LOVE!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Not only does it smell like chocolate but it tastes like chocolate too! One of the girls at Mecca alerted me of this and when I got home I tried it out.. And oh my goshh it does, it actually tastes like chocolate hahah. Aside from that it's a beautiful matte bronzer, lovely brown colour, perfect for contouring :)

on 7/1/2013 8:32:00 PM

Love! I wanted a sheer, non-orange, non-sparkly bronzer for sun-kissed glow. I was afraid this would be too dark on my medium-fair skin (I wear MAC C3 foundation) but it applies sheerly with a kabuki brush and looks absolutely natural ... it's a neutral to slightly warm brown, about the same type of colour of my natural tan/freckles.

I tested their Milk Chocolate Soleil as well but it had a slightly orange/peach cast on my skin ... this was the clear winner. Applying with a light touch is key if you are fairish like me, but the results are impeccable.

I'm not crazy about the packaging ... it does come with a mirror, but the gold hard-edged plastic looks cheap. I'd rather have no mirror and a sleeker, more elegant compact. But the quality of the product is so good I don't think I'll ever buy another bronzer.

Popular Bronzers

HOOLA
Bahama Mama
Chocolate Soleil
Laguna

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose