December 21, 2014 | 1689 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by GUMBYY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by colleendc19

Love love love madamoiselle!! Normally I like the dark colors for nail polish, and OPI brand in general, but I am very please with Essie. I am super fair skinned and this color is the perfect translucent pink. With a topcoat of Out the Door, my nails are super shiny and i can't stop admiring them :). Hint: check amazon for super cheap prices - i got mine (along with mint candy apple!) for $4.25 each!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I've not much to add really just wanted to say how much I love this one. It's a staple and should be for everyone who appreciates a natural but polished and sophisticated look. Just a lovely soft pink wash of color for the nails. Essie's quality is very good. I appreciate that their polishes seem to last forever and don't get all goopy and gross.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by jess31570

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

milky clear sheer pink, great clean look. looks good with my medum tan olivey goldeney reddish skin. if you don't want your nail tips to show through, this color is not for you.

no streaks, very glossy. minimal cuticle pooling. wearing with Orly Bonder base & Poshe top. no bubbles.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by AngelScent2251

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Feminine and delicate- this polish is classy, elegant, gorgeous... it is a very pale, barely-there pink. It is an understated, beautiful color that is easy to apply. Two coats and a good topcoat will last for a week. Essie quality is wonderful; anyone can have the manicured look for a lot less with this color. I am very pale and this color is quite flattering on me- it couldn't look bad on anyone. Lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by hanj7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Back in my pre-teen days, I wore baby pink and baby blue. During my teens, I never wore nail polish. The first polish I bought after that long hiatus was essie madmoiselle. It took me a long time buy more, so over 3 months, I finished half a bottle of madmoiselle (with or without french tips). That's the most I've ever used of one nail polish. It got slightly thick after using up half a bottle, so I've thinned it down with some thinner.

Essie is famous for their neverending line-up of sheer pinks. While I'd never have more than one of essie's sheer pinks (I don't think my eyes are sharp enough to detect the minute differences once they're on my nails), madmoiselle is one that I'd buy again. It was a great starter polish for me. I'm asian, but it doesn't clash with my skintone or anything like that. It just makes my hands look pretty while the colour itself has no impact whatsoever.

Remember that this is a sheer pink. Someone who's not so polish-conscious would just say it's a clear polish by the way it looks on your nail. It's just that sheer, with a hint of pink (I'm talking 2 coats). Don't expect to see any opacity of colour from this. It has a jelly-ish finish, not streaky at all. I love this, but I have a feeling I'd feel the same about any one of essie's gazillion sheer pinks. They look the same to me :P

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by justelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Bought this after reading rave reviews on MUA...but disappointed. The color is so nude/sheer! Even after 3 coats! It goes on kind of thick too, and takes a while to dry.

Will try this as a top coat to freshen up manicure.

I love Essie and will continue to be loyal to the brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by figurechick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was so let down with this. All the hype yet didn't deliver whatsoever. I'm shocked at how sheer this is. My gawd even AVON sheer nailpolishes impressed me more. In my eyes this was a waste of money and has been placed in the junk drawer. Waaaaay too sheer. Lovely color but...huge but. Perhaps they could've made it just a touch less sheer and I would've bought this again. For now, I'm still on the hunt for a sheer/natural HG polish.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by odwallalover

The first Essie product I bought! I followed everyone's recommendations and I am not disappointed. It really does look best with one or two coats--if you try to layer it on it will probably not cover your nail line no matter how many times you go over them. This polish is SHEER. Great for work. Classy but still fun at the same time.

I use it over Essie's ridge filling base coat, with no top coat. It lasts FOREVER: shiny and no nicks. No streakiness issues here either, which is rare because on my nails anything that has the tendency does tend to look uneven.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by gdriban

I absolutely love the color of this polish but I am lucky if I get 24 hours of wear without a chip. I have since found Maybelline Salon Expert in Sheer Ballet Pink which lasts 5-6 days on me without a chip. It's virtually the same color, lasts way longer and it about a 3rd of the price. Give it a try if you're disappointed in Essie's staying power.