Essie Mademoiselle

4.4

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 2/13/2010 1:31:00 AM

I have uneven nail tips, so I don't like it when they show. Mademoiselle is such a pretty color but I can't make this color opaque no matter how thick I put it on. So I'm sticking to Ballet Slippers instead. However, I do like Mademoiselle with french tips but it's something that I have to get professionally done.

on 2/9/2010 5:59:00 PM

I love applying 3 coats of this polish on days when I don't want to wear a color. It's a very sheer glossy pink that just brightens my nails and makes them look prettier.

on 1/28/2010 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I see what all the fuss is about. After hearing and reading about this polish for years, I finally bought a bottle. Mademoiselle on my nails is really a no-polish polish. It's an extremely sheer, barely there pink that leaves your nails very pale. If you're looking for a your-nails-but-better polish that leaves you with just natural, healthy-looking shine then this is it.

I've tried lots of pale shades like OPI's Bubble Bath and Coney Island Cotton Candy and Chanel's Natural Pink, but they never looked right on my warm skintone. Essie really does have the market cornered on the best sheers in my humble opinion. Mademoiselle is an easy, low-maintenance polish that applies smoothly and evenly and is very forgiving with chips and cracks. I can go days without having to refresh my manicure (not that I do since I change polish every 2-3 days).

on 1/17/2010 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

on 1/8/2010 6:09:00 PM

Love love love madamoiselle!! Normally I like the dark colors for nail polish, and OPI brand in general, but I am very please with Essie. I am super fair skinned and this color is the perfect translucent pink. With a topcoat of Out the Door, my nails are super shiny and i can't stop admiring them :). Hint: check amazon for super cheap prices - i got mine (along with mint candy apple!) for $4.25 each!!

on 1/3/2010 6:26:00 PM

I've not much to add really just wanted to say how much I love this one. It's a staple and should be for everyone who appreciates a natural but polished and sophisticated look. Just a lovely soft pink wash of color for the nails. Essie's quality is very good. I appreciate that their polishes seem to last forever and don't get all goopy and gross.

on 12/18/2009 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

milky clear sheer pink, great clean look. looks good with my medum tan olivey goldeney reddish skin. if you don't want your nail tips to show through, this color is not for you.

no streaks, very glossy. minimal cuticle pooling. wearing with Orly Bonder base & Poshe top. no bubbles.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Feminine and delicate- this polish is classy, elegant, gorgeous... it is a very pale, barely-there pink. It is an understated, beautiful color that is easy to apply. Two coats and a good topcoat will last for a week. Essie quality is wonderful; anyone can have the manicured look for a lot less with this color. I am very pale and this color is quite flattering on me- it couldn't look bad on anyone. Lovely!

on 11/15/2009 7:55:00 PM

Back in my pre-teen days, I wore baby pink and baby blue. During my teens, I never wore nail polish. The first polish I bought after that long hiatus was essie madmoiselle. It took me a long time buy more, so over 3 months, I finished half a bottle of madmoiselle (with or without french tips). That's the most I've ever used of one nail polish. It got slightly thick after using up half a bottle, so I've thinned it down with some thinner.

Essie is famous for their neverending line-up of sheer pinks. While I'd never have more than one of essie's sheer pinks (I don't think my eyes are sharp enough to detect the minute differences once they're on my nails), madmoiselle is one that I'd buy again. It was a great starter polish for me. I'm asian, but it doesn't clash with my skintone or anything like that. It just makes my hands look pretty while the colour itself has no impact whatsoever.

Remember that this is a sheer pink. Someone who's not so polish-conscious would just say it's a clear polish by the way it looks on your nail. It's just that sheer, with a hint of pink (I'm talking 2 coats). Don't expect to see any opacity of colour from this. It has a jelly-ish finish, not streaky at all. I love this, but I have a feeling I'd feel the same about any one of essie's gazillion sheer pinks. They look the same to me :P

on 11/15/2009 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this after reading rave reviews on MUA...but disappointed. The color is so nude/sheer! Even after 3 coats! It goes on kind of thick too, and takes a while to dry.

Will try this as a top coat to freshen up manicure.

I love Essie and will continue to be loyal to the brand.

Top Rated Essie Products