Essie Mademoiselle

4.4

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 3/8/2010 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Lovely sheer colour. It's really just a wash of pale, pale pink over the nails. Don't even bother trying to make it opaque because that's not the point of this polish, but at 2-3 coats (I prefer 2!), it creates a classy, glossy look to the nails. No streaks at all, which is awesome, though I do wish the brush was a little wider to make application a bit easier. Drying time at 2 coats is average and I top it wish Poshe or Seche Vite to speed up drying. I've tried a LOT of sheers from OPI, Essie, etc and with my dark, olive skin tone most look a little off and like I'm trying too hard. This one is just right and I'll definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was a little gun shy about trying this color because I have had so many disappointments with streaky, too opaque sheer polishes (Essie sheers in particular). I breathed a sigh of relief when Mademoiselle went on relatively streak free (can still see a couple of faint streaks, but much more smooth than any other MNBB color I own). Mademoiselle is a pretty sheer mid pink - not as milky or pale as Zoya Sabrina or OPI Bubble Bath, but also not as streaky. I can definitely see myself using this color a lot and can understand why so many people like it. The formula dries quickly to a nice, shiny finish. Will more than likely repurchase.

on 2/21/2010 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

yeah. the picture says it all. i didnt think itd work for me because i am very dark and olive toned, and i thought this was more of a fair girls type of polish but i was wrong. this is the definition of class to me, slightly pink healthy color on nails that looked polished, groomed and clean. very subtle and elegant. works for ALL skin tones. best money you can spend. my coworkers always never know that i have nail polish on, they always compliment me on my naturally beautiful nails.
note: with a basecoat and topcoat, pretty chip resistant. last me about a week. but even when they do chip, the color is so sheer you don't notice it

on 2/13/2010 1:31:00 AM

I have uneven nail tips, so I don't like it when they show. Mademoiselle is such a pretty color but I can't make this color opaque no matter how thick I put it on. So I'm sticking to Ballet Slippers instead. However, I do like Mademoiselle with french tips but it's something that I have to get professionally done.

on 2/9/2010 5:59:00 PM

I love applying 3 coats of this polish on days when I don't want to wear a color. It's a very sheer glossy pink that just brightens my nails and makes them look prettier.

on 1/28/2010 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I see what all the fuss is about. After hearing and reading about this polish for years, I finally bought a bottle. Mademoiselle on my nails is really a no-polish polish. It's an extremely sheer, barely there pink that leaves your nails very pale. If you're looking for a your-nails-but-better polish that leaves you with just natural, healthy-looking shine then this is it.

I've tried lots of pale shades like OPI's Bubble Bath and Coney Island Cotton Candy and Chanel's Natural Pink, but they never looked right on my warm skintone. Essie really does have the market cornered on the best sheers in my humble opinion. Mademoiselle is an easy, low-maintenance polish that applies smoothly and evenly and is very forgiving with chips and cracks. I can go days without having to refresh my manicure (not that I do since I change polish every 2-3 days).

on 1/17/2010 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

on 1/8/2010 6:09:00 PM

Love love love madamoiselle!! Normally I like the dark colors for nail polish, and OPI brand in general, but I am very please with Essie. I am super fair skinned and this color is the perfect translucent pink. With a topcoat of Out the Door, my nails are super shiny and i can't stop admiring them :). Hint: check amazon for super cheap prices - i got mine (along with mint candy apple!) for $4.25 each!!

on 1/3/2010 6:26:00 PM

I've not much to add really just wanted to say how much I love this one. It's a staple and should be for everyone who appreciates a natural but polished and sophisticated look. Just a lovely soft pink wash of color for the nails. Essie's quality is very good. I appreciate that their polishes seem to last forever and don't get all goopy and gross.

on 12/18/2009 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

milky clear sheer pink, great clean look. looks good with my medum tan olivey goldeney reddish skin. if you don't want your nail tips to show through, this color is not for you.

no streaks, very glossy. minimal cuticle pooling. wearing with Orly Bonder base & Poshe top. no bubbles.

Top Rated Essie Products