January 29, 2015 | 2018 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleTwilight

this is the perfect powder for my skin. it doesn't make me look cakey, and a very sheer but good coverage. it can be used for so much purposes: i use a brush to brush it on for light coverage, the small pad in the compact i use for covering small blemishes, and the circle sponge given i use for full on face coverage, so i basically have a powder, concealer, and foundation in one package. and i got this on sale. i'd definetely buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

I have no idea why I stopped using this a few years ago. I was swayed by mineral "stuff" and other powder foundations (MAC et al..) ... This is the best powder foundation for all skin types, it gives a slight glow, without shimmer and you can actually see your skin through it. There is no mask or powder stuff lingering. It is perfect and I will never again be without it...unless some miracle powder foundation comes along. For now this is it for me. A big plus is they don't fool around with shades or the threat of discontinuing it...which is a huge plus. Considering all the money I wasted on other products, $32.50 for this is a steal!!! My dad was right: you get what you pay for.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by 4arakim

This product did not control my oil whatsoever. I think this product would be heaven for people with normal/dry skin, but if you have oily skin - caution.

I used it as a setting powder over my Revlon Colorstay and although it looks very nice, my face was so shiny after a few hours. I know my skin well enough to say that this product will not work for me. It's going straight back to the store. I swore by Maybelline Dream Matte Powder until I decided I wanted to try this out. Lesson learned, don't fix something unless it's broken.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by valskuiken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder has good coverage, but my skin still gets oily after a few hours. Then again, I haven't used it with Primer. I did get a compliment from someone about my good complexion when wearing this. The reason I wouldn't buy it again is the smell (my boyfriend said I smell like his grandma!!) and that my color, Matte Nu II, was still too yellow for me. It's just not impressive enough to try another color.

EDIT: I had to travel for work and had to buy a powder in a rush, so I went back and tried Matte Amande III, which is an excellent match for my NC37 skin. Much happier now, and might just repurchase again. I use it with a kabuki brush and build coverage according to my skin condition. Still becomes oily after a few hours, but that might just be unavoidable with my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by botitas1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

SO let me just tell you ive tried NARS, BARE MINERALS, MAC ( ALL OF THEIR POWDERS ), ESTEE LAUDER, SHESIEDO, BENEFIT, CLINIQUE and most drug store brands and I LOOOVE this! I cant believe ive been using something else! Ok so I love the texture sooo much. The only downside is that they dont have as many colors as mac so it sucks. I wear matte du III So this will match for the remaining of the time before I get a tan. Then Ill have to go back to studio fix in nc42. : ( Oh well. I love the smell it smells so sophisticated and grown up. My sister always raged about this powder but I thought it wouldnt work for me since she has waaay better skin than me. I recommend any powder guru to give this a try! At least a try. you will be converted!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lancome's Dual Finish powder is wonderful. It doesn't give me an extreme amount of coverage (I haven't found a single powder foundation that does), but it makes my skin look like butter whenever I have it on. It is also great in helping to keep my liquid foundation last all day and look extremely smooth. This powder does have a bit of a perfume scent to it (it reminds me a lot of an older/classy woman) At first, the smell bugged me, but I adore it now that I haven't gotten used to it. If you're afraid though that the smell is going to irritate you, the Lancome counters do sell a fragrance-free version. I haven't tried this product wet, but I am fully satisfied with just using as a powder. As a note: I am an NC42 in Mac and I bought this compact in Matte Honey III.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by minka00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was little disappointed with this. I thought the coverage was decent for a powder foundation. It looked natural, seemed to tone down the redness in my cheeks, and even out my skin tone. It was also quick and easy to apply. But I thought this was supposed to leave your skin matte? After applying and for the rest of the day, my skin still looked a bit shiny all over. When I touch my skin it feels slightly oily and just the tiniest bit sticky from the oils. I was expecting that nice smooth feeling after putting on a powder but it didn't happen. If this stuff can't handle my oily skin in this mild weather, then it would be a nightmare in actual hot weather. I suppose I could put on a finishing powder to control oil, but in my opinion, if I'm spending that much money I should not have to doctor it up. I loved the large mirror b/c I could see my whole face. The smell wasn't too bad but not something I enjoyed. I'll be returning this and continue the search for summer makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by bumped

I don't like to wear foundation, but when my acne flares up and my skin's looking really red, I reach for this powder... Coverage is great; colors are great. Doesn't prevent my face from getting greasy (my skin is oily), but face still looks better than it would without the powder. At the very least, one application keeps oiliness at bay from mid-morning until early-afternoon.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2010 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Dahlia11

I didn't like this powder at all. I have had it for 3 days, and will try it for the rest of the week, but it is an honest disappointment from Lancome.

Pros:
-There is a very wide color range. There is also a chart which helps find your shade (at the counter).
-The compact is very stable and not likely to fall apart in my purse. It's also slim and classic looking.
-It is fragranced, which could be a plus for some, but to me it's nice and another pro.

Cons:
-It oxidizes, badly. When I put it on in the morning, it matches perfectly. By the end of the day, I have friends asking me where my sudden tan came from. It doesn't turn orange, fortunately, but it does darken a lot.
-It feels heavy. it doesn't look heavy or cakey, thankfully, but it feels horrible. When I've worn this powder/foundation, I feel like I have so much on my face, and I'm honestly uncomfortable and self conscious for the rest of the day.
-It doesn't control oil. I have shine on my nose within a few hours, and shine on my cheeks as well, which never happens. I couldn't imagine someone oily ever using this.
-I wish the packaging had room for the additional sponge. The sponge is completely useless, but if they're going to include it and someone expects to use it, it should at least fit in the compact.
-It transfers, which makes me scared to hug anyone with a light colored shirt in fear of leaving a powder mark.
-It is expensive, almost $40 with tax. I have paid $60 for certain foundations, so I'm not sticker shocked by the high end price, but more the fact that it doesn't work even though it comes from a high end company and costs so much.

I would not repurchase this, and honestly even if I got it for free, I wouldn't use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by MegamiMoon

My current favorite foundation! I'm generally a mineral foundation girl. If you've read any of my past reviews, you'll notice that I raved about Mineral Basics and Lancome Ageless Minerale. Mineral foundations are great, however I find that they feel slightly heavy and tend to make my skin a bit oily as the day wears on. I guess it's just how minerals react with my chemistry. I don't have that problem with Dual Finish. I disregard the sponge and puff that it comes with and apply with a kabuki brush like mineral makeup. The powder settles VERY lightly on my skin so I feel as if I'm truly not wearing makeup at all. The finish is matte and flawless and the fragrance is light and lovely. The shade I wear, Matte Ecru II, blends perfectly with my complexion. No dryness, yet no oiliness either. I do need to touch up once somewhere along the course of the day, but who doesn't, regardless of what foundation you use? Definitely worth every penny. I only wish it came with SPF built in.