Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.9

on 7/11/2010 1:38:00 PM

I was a little hesitant to purchase this because I used a powder foundation years ago that I just didn't like the effect very much, however I ended up really loving this product. I use this almost daily on top of moisturizer and concealer under the eyes and it makes my face look pulled together and matte without being a winter-esque matte, if that makes any sense. If applied on sheer with a kabuki brush or the pink puff provided, it's enough to even out your overall skintone and helps tone down dark spots. I also like that you can build up the coverage using the white sponge provided without appearing cakey on your face. I find that this really helps prevent the appearance of shine and I might only have to touch up once or twice throughout the entire day, which I'm sure is a concern for those of us with combination or even oily skin. And the huge mirror inside the compact is pure awesomeness! I really appreciate Dual Finish and would definitely repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I love this product, its the perfect match for my skin tone and it seems to last me all day (both at school and work)

I use this to set my Makeup Forever HD Foundation (which I also really like lol) for when I'm going out or I will simply use this over my moisturizer on a day to day basis and with that alone it does the trick. It conceals my acne and redness to where its not completely gone but it is definitely less noticeable.

When I'm making a short trip I'll tuck this in my bag to do touch ups during the day and it does wonders. It covers up what need to be covered up with out looking powdery or cakey. Though I don't care for the little puff they give you since it's hopelessly thin but it gets the job done. And for when I need heavier coverage I use a makeup sponge to get it a little thicker and this powder doesn't cake up on me at all in my oily parts or my dry parts :3

However, one point of dislike I have, I don't like that the mirror only goes back about 90 degrees, which is an awkward angle to look into and apply the powder at the same time. It would be nice if the mirror could tilt back more lol.

As for the scent, i found it a nice, refreshing scent. Just something a little different :3

I plan to purchasing this again and again and again XD

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Pros:
It's okay where coverage is concerned
Cons:
It's really powdery on my skin. (I have normal/sensitive skin)

Bottom line: This was an average product. It gave me good coverage and a matte finish.

Recommended: No

on 6/17/2010 6:53:00 PM

One of the best makeup powders I have ever used. Although it is more on the pricey side for me, it's definitely worth it! I apply the product with a brush and it makes my face look matte and natural. I bought this and there was a GWP promotion at The Bay, so it was definitely a good deal!

on 6/13/2010 12:11:00 AM

(neutrale II)

I love love love this product.

I'll be honest and say I didn't like it at all as a foundation. I used it dry over my moisturizer and primer and it made my skin dry and flakey-looking. The coverage wasn't that great either and touch ups (for slight shine that occurred around my T-zone) just made my face caky and flakier-looking each time.

I gave it a second chance as a finishing powder over my bare minerals foundation (which isn't outstanding at controlling shine in southern humidity) and I fell in love. The powder gave my face an even and matte finish, which lasted hours before I had to dust over again.

As a finishing powder for a flawless look, this works wonders.

After toying with several liquid foundations, I decided to go back to powder foundations. They are just so much easier to use. I figured out the perfect combo. I use Boots tinted moisturizer and then this dual finish. I love the versatility of this powder. I have used just about everyway as directed. My favorite is to use the dampened sponge for more coverage or a kabuki brush and then a light spray of Mac fix + and I'm done! The fragrance is a bit strong, but I lilke it so it doesn't bother me. I tan very easily, and have NC 30-35 skin. The Matte Wheat was a near perfect match- will probably need to go a shade lighter in the winter. I love the large mirror in the compact as well as the protective plastic cover for the powder.

this is the perfect powder for my skin. it doesn't make me look cakey, and a very sheer but good coverage. it can be used for so much purposes: i use a brush to brush it on for light coverage, the small pad in the compact i use for covering small blemishes, and the circle sponge given i use for full on face coverage, so i basically have a powder, concealer, and foundation in one package. and i got this on sale. i'd definetely buy again

on 5/25/2010 3:09:00 PM

I have no idea why I stopped using this a few years ago. I was swayed by mineral "stuff" and other powder foundations (MAC et al..) ... This is the best powder foundation for all skin types, it gives a slight glow, without shimmer and you can actually see your skin through it. There is no mask or powder stuff lingering. It is perfect and I will never again be without it...unless some miracle powder foundation comes along. For now this is it for me. A big plus is they don't fool around with shades or the threat of discontinuing it...which is a huge plus. Considering all the money I wasted on other products, $32.50 for this is a steal!!! My dad was right: you get what you pay for.

on 5/11/2010 5:19:00 PM

This product did not control my oil whatsoever. I think this product would be heaven for people with normal/dry skin, but if you have oily skin - caution.

I used it as a setting powder over my Revlon Colorstay and although it looks very nice, my face was so shiny after a few hours. I know my skin well enough to say that this product will not work for me. It's going straight back to the store. I swore by Maybelline Dream Matte Powder until I decided I wanted to try this out. Lesson learned, don't fix something unless it's broken.

on 5/3/2010 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This powder has good coverage, but my skin still gets oily after a few hours. Then again, I haven't used it with Primer. I did get a compliment from someone about my good complexion when wearing this. The reason I wouldn't buy it again is the smell (my boyfriend said I smell like his grandma!!) and that my color, Matte Nu II, was still too yellow for me. It's just not impressive enough to try another color.

EDIT: I had to travel for work and had to buy a powder in a rush, so I went back and tried Matte Amande III, which is an excellent match for my NC37 skin. Much happier now, and might just repurchase again. I use it with a kabuki brush and build coverage according to my skin condition. Still becomes oily after a few hours, but that might just be unavoidable with my skin.