April 19, 2014 | 833 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, let me start by saying TBS just makes money off these because of the smell, the product isn't actually anything special. (Like ALL the other TBS products) these don't do a thing for lips, they don't moisturize and the have terrible staying power. These are pretty much Vaseline with lots of perfume. Except.. not because Vaseline actually works better than these. Save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 1:18:00 AM More reviews by pinkpeonie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE the strawberry version of this.....luscious scent, delicious taste, and a beautiful sheer YLBB berry tint - perfect for those like me who want a little colour but like things to look natural. A HG that I have repurchased and will continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2007 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Galaxygirl13

I absolutely love this lip balm. I have the watermelon scented one, and it smells so good and sweet that i just want to eat it. I like it cause its moisturizing and very glossy. I usually put this over whatever lip color i use and it gives it a nice glossy finish. the only thing is that its a bit sticky, but what gloss isn't at least a bit sticky?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2007 12:40:00 AM More reviews by viannee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm obsessed with these lip balms lately. I already have it in three flavors/scents. Raspberry and Strawberry are yummy beyond words. What I love most is the Mint flavored one. It's so intense that it always to perks me up when I'm feeling bored, sleepy or dull. I have to take away one lippie though. Their SVITH Mint Lip Care Stick did better in moisturizing my lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2007 3:48:00 AM More reviews by gribble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always found it hard to resist these Body Shop lip balms, I find the smell intensely mouth watering. Unfortunately as a lip balm, they leave a lot to be desired. Like some of the others here, I find that once an application of this stuff wears off, my lips feel even worse. Seems to "sit" on my chapped lips rather than actually moisturise them, and I need to reapply almost constantly. I'm still searching for my HG lip balm, and this is far from it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2007 10:26:00 AM More reviews by sixwaystreet

I like this, but generally it's an "okay" product to me. Nothing spectacular about it. I never liked the pot design, but I discovered that it's much easier (and more hygienic) if you used a lip brush. One thing is that the scent is really strong, which can be nice if you like that sorta thing :) The shimmery ones are really cool too, especially the cranberry and mandarin orange ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2007 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Idony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the body shop lip balms, they smell divine and are really moisturising. I've been using these for years and have tried them in about every single flavour, my favourite is the passionberry. I have a fetish for passionfruit ^^ The only downside would be having to dip your finger into the tub especially since i have relatively long nails and they tend to get under them the further down you go, it would be better it they had it in the stick or something but overall, a fantastic product!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2007 10:54:00 AM More reviews by charlotte005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to like this one (have raspberry and a darker red with golden sparkles) until I realised it was the reason why my lips felt chapped the whole time. It's just not a lipgloss since it lacks in colour and not a lip balm since it dries out your lips, so, really, I wonder what the advantage is...And it's relatively pricey too and the pot design is horrible for getting the last bit out. Negative verdict.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Some really nice flavours in this range, which is the main reason I bought them! They're not too sticky and just give a nice subtle sheen to my lips, but I've since moved on to cheaper lip balms which do the same job at less than half the price! Also not really a fan of dipping my fingers into the pot, starts to feel a bit unsanitary after a while...oh well, a fairly good quality product nonetheless.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by lwinn1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

it smell fruity and sweet, but i really am too old for that. it is 8 dollars a tub, which isn't that expensive, but it doesn't heal chapped lips or moisterize very well and the color is non-existant, so it isn't worth it. the tub isn't hygenic becasue you need to use your fingers.