September 23, 2014 | 899 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2007 6:18:00 AM More reviews by absolution12

i dont like this lipbalm much. actually got it free (because i signed up for the yearly membership) but i feel that the lipbalm isnt very moisturising, the mint feeling is nice and refreshing but it isnt very effective at what its supposed to do. i find that the consistency is a little too thick and sticky for my liking, and that the white shimmer makes me look a bit sickly. in addition, if i use it under lipstick, for some reason, it does not absorb fully (perhaps because it is so thick) and it leaves my lipstick application rather uneven. not something i would recommend to others to spend money on

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by yuki_chou

i don't like those lip balms. i bought 2 (watermelon and cool mint) when they were on sale, and i don't like them
the smell is the only thing i like about this, very good, it makes you just want to eat it
but moisturizing? not so great. when applying, you lips feel a little better, but soon, lips turn dry
and the texture is very soft, which often makes me take more than the needed amount
the watermelon one left a nice colour over my lips but too shiny, it'd be hard applying other lip colour
the cool mint one has come sparkling thing, and a cool feeling, but it makes my lips look like dead
i won't repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2007 1:10:00 PM More reviews by mizzroyalbrat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

ive got my first strawberry lip balm from TBS last year and ever since that ive been addicted to it! the balm is moisturizing and it gives the natural shine that doesn't look overly done. overall its a great product but the only thing that dissapoints me is that it doesnt last very long.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2007 7:37:00 AM More reviews by krystalchan

I became allergic to this. Hives appeared on my face (places where i scratched my face after using the lip balm with the same finger).
I wanted to love this product - smells soooo great and is very moisturising.
Packaging is poor also - dipping your finger in is unhygienic

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, let me start by saying TBS just makes money off these because of the smell, the product isn't actually anything special. (Like ALL the other TBS products) these don't do a thing for lips, they don't moisturize and the have terrible staying power. These are pretty much Vaseline with lots of perfume. Except.. not because Vaseline actually works better than these. Save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 1:18:00 AM More reviews by pinkpeonie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE the strawberry version of this.....luscious scent, delicious taste, and a beautiful sheer YLBB berry tint - perfect for those like me who want a little colour but like things to look natural. A HG that I have repurchased and will continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2007 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Galaxygirl13

I absolutely love this lip balm. I have the watermelon scented one, and it smells so good and sweet that i just want to eat it. I like it cause its moisturizing and very glossy. I usually put this over whatever lip color i use and it gives it a nice glossy finish. the only thing is that its a bit sticky, but what gloss isn't at least a bit sticky?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2007 12:40:00 AM More reviews by viannee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm obsessed with these lip balms lately. I already have it in three flavors/scents. Raspberry and Strawberry are yummy beyond words. What I love most is the Mint flavored one. It's so intense that it always to perks me up when I'm feeling bored, sleepy or dull. I have to take away one lippie though. Their SVITH Mint Lip Care Stick did better in moisturizing my lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2007 3:48:00 AM More reviews by gribble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always found it hard to resist these Body Shop lip balms, I find the smell intensely mouth watering. Unfortunately as a lip balm, they leave a lot to be desired. Like some of the others here, I find that once an application of this stuff wears off, my lips feel even worse. Seems to "sit" on my chapped lips rather than actually moisturise them, and I need to reapply almost constantly. I'm still searching for my HG lip balm, and this is far from it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2007 10:26:00 AM More reviews by sixwaystreet

I like this, but generally it's an "okay" product to me. Nothing spectacular about it. I never liked the pot design, but I discovered that it's much easier (and more hygienic) if you used a lip brush. One thing is that the scent is really strong, which can be nice if you like that sorta thing :) The shimmery ones are really cool too, especially the cranberry and mandarin orange ones.