The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/19/2007 11:33:00 PM

Will never buy this product ever again. I bought it due to its really nice scnet. However it leaves my lips parched and drier than before. Bad product!

on 11/19/2007 9:33:00 AM

i was addicted to the raspberry and the strawberry versions of this product when i was in high school. i loved the scents (they smelled heavenly) and i would constantly lick my lips and eat the product and the reapply. but the actual product isn't very moisturizing (or maybe it's the constant licking) and overall as a lip balm, this is just plain ol' average. i switched to rosebud salve, it costs about the same as the born lippy lip balm, and it moisturizes better.

on 11/19/2007 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i dont like this lipbalm much. actually got it free (because i signed up for the yearly membership) but i feel that the lipbalm isnt very moisturising, the mint feeling is nice and refreshing but it isnt very effective at what its supposed to do. i find that the consistency is a little too thick and sticky for my liking, and that the white shimmer makes me look a bit sickly. in addition, if i use it under lipstick, for some reason, it does not absorb fully (perhaps because it is so thick) and it leaves my lipstick application rather uneven. not something i would recommend to others to spend money on

on 11/7/2007 9:22:00 PM

i don't like those lip balms. i bought 2 (watermelon and cool mint) when they were on sale, and i don't like them
the smell is the only thing i like about this, very good, it makes you just want to eat it
but moisturizing? not so great. when applying, you lips feel a little better, but soon, lips turn dry
and the texture is very soft, which often makes me take more than the needed amount
the watermelon one left a nice colour over my lips but too shiny, it'd be hard applying other lip colour
the cool mint one has come sparkling thing, and a cool feeling, but it makes my lips look like dead
i won't repurchase

on 10/16/2007 1:10:00 PM

ive got my first strawberry lip balm from TBS last year and ever since that ive been addicted to it! the balm is moisturizing and it gives the natural shine that doesn't look overly done. overall its a great product but the only thing that dissapoints me is that it doesnt last very long.

on 10/16/2007 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I became allergic to this. Hives appeared on my face (places where i scratched my face after using the lip balm with the same finger).
I wanted to love this product - smells soooo great and is very moisturising.
Packaging is poor also - dipping your finger in is unhygienic

on 10/14/2007 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Okay, let me start by saying TBS just makes money off these because of the smell, the product isn't actually anything special. (Like ALL the other TBS products) these don't do a thing for lips, they don't moisturize and the have terrible staying power. These are pretty much Vaseline with lots of perfume. Except.. not because Vaseline actually works better than these. Save your money.

on 9/19/2007 1:18:00 AM

LOVE the strawberry version of this.....luscious scent, delicious taste, and a beautiful sheer YLBB berry tint - perfect for those like me who want a little colour but like things to look natural. A HG that I have repurchased and will continue to do so.

on 9/8/2007 12:38:00 AM

I absolutely love this lip balm. I have the watermelon scented one, and it smells so good and sweet that i just want to eat it. I like it cause its moisturizing and very glossy. I usually put this over whatever lip color i use and it gives it a nice glossy finish. the only thing is that its a bit sticky, but what gloss isn't at least a bit sticky?

on 9/5/2007 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm obsessed with these lip balms lately. I already have it in three flavors/scents. Raspberry and Strawberry are yummy beyond words. What I love most is the Mint flavored one. It's so intense that it always to perks me up when I'm feeling bored, sleepy or dull. I have to take away one lippie though. Their SVITH Mint Lip Care Stick did better in moisturizing my lips.

Popular Lip Treatments