After trying multiple mascara's, I finally settled on this one. I got it in very black, and the colour is true to it's word. I wouldn't say it's a miracle mascara, but the one thing it stands out for is lengthening..incredible. It does clump but I just run a brush through and it usually solves the problem. I have rebought it a second time, using it for now till I find "the one".
It didn't really do much for me, it just gives a generally natural look. It does flake and clump easily if you're not careful. I think if I had gotten the waterproof one it would be different. I wouldn't buy it again.
Meh. This is an OK mascara. Sure, it's better than NO mascara, but it isn't anything amazing or even great. Actually, I wouldn't even call it good.
If you're thinking about trying this, keep the following points in mind:
1. The finished look screams 'I'm wearing mascara!'. It leaves me with the telltale long, dry and spidery looking lashes that put so many people off drugstore mascara.
2. It clumps like nobody's business.
3. You want more than one coat? Forget it. It will clump.
4. It separates the lashes, but clumps. When I say 'clumps', I don't mean all your lashes clump together. I mean you end up with separated, long, thin eyelashes with little black clumps all over each eyelash.
This is almost decent for bottom lashes, but thats all. I won't repurchase. Container is cute.
I actually only bought this because the packaging is super cute and I wanted to see the shiny look on my lashes. Well it wasnt shiny and didnt give me length and just gave me a natural look. Other than that it was bleh!
I haven't tried a lot of mascara yet but I like it. I have east Asian lashes - black, not very long, and thin. This volume and length mascara definitely opens my eyes. I judge a mascara in the following ways:
1. Lengthening: it doesn't give you 'dramatic' length but you'll see a significant increase in length.
2. Volumising: it's ok - makes my lashes thicker but I personally don't think the result is significant enough. If you're looking for ultimate increase in thickness just invest in false lashes.
3. Smudge?: mine is not waterproof, but it stays on long enough given that I don't use eye primer and use eye cream. When I take it off I gently massage my eyes with cold cream remover.. about 30 seconds all mascara melts. Proves how uneasy for it to smudge on me.
4. Wand: the unique shape makes applications at the corners of the eyes easier. But to me it still puts a bit too much on my bottom lashes. For finer applications on the bottom lashes use mini brushes that are made to cleanse the gaps of your teeth - they separate bottom lashes very well and prevent clumps.
5. Formula: relatively dry, I'd not use it as a build-up mascara. Suitable for relatively thin lashes.
6. Clump? It doesn't clump if the amount of product on the wand is sufficient for your lashes. In one go I apply mascara on upper and bottom lashes of both of my eyes --> NO CLUMPS!
7. Flake? It doesn't flake - before it dries. If you apply on a dry coat you'll get minor flaking issues.
8. Packaging: CUTE!
Overall I'd say it gives a natural finish suitable for day time purposes with one coat and separated, longer and a-little-thicker lashes. With 2 or even 3 coats you're ready to hit the nights! For an absolute voluptuous look opt for false lashes - this mascara blends in very well with false eyelashes. Lashes are spread beautifully and evenly; and they are stayed in that way (inc the curls) unless you rub your eyes. Suitable for contact lenses wearers, I believe, as my eyes do not get irritated with this mascara. The price is reasonable, but still a bit costly for drugstore product given that I paid £8 - £9. That's why I'm not repurchasing when it runs out because I'd rather keep exploring. I may come back to it in the future tho :)
Hope it helps!
This is great if you already have thick lashes and just need some length. It'll give you loads of length and separation. On sparser lashes, it tends to look spider-leggy and unnatural. Application is so easy, this stuff never clumps or flakes and lasts all day. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because I prefer my mascara to add volume too.
I've been using this mascara off and on for a while now, and I feel that it's time for a review.
I have two major problems with this - the smell and the flakiness. The smell is overpowering. I can't really describe it, maybe a mixture of strong chemicals and a too-much-perfume flowery scent. Even after I've been wearing it for a few hours, I can still smell it. Even worse, I've had other people comment on the smell as well! Also, whenever I wear mascara, I am very very careful not to touch my eye area at all, but this mascara flakes a LOT.
It does lengthen my lashes, but not dramatically more than other mascaras I've tried. I'm rather disappointed with this product and am sorry that I wasted my money on it.
Well it basically just makes my lashes black..like it barely lengthens, barely volumizes, nothing. I'm very dissappointed. :( It's just average.
Gives great extension and separates lashes beautifully with no chunkiness!! Love the brush and the long tube. Maybelline is bleh to me but they have some pretty good mascaras. This and the Volum' Express the Falsies WP are my favorites.
Lash Stiletto is an interesting take on mascara. I actually did really love the length that it gave my short lashes. The volume is also good for this one, I'll say. I think it's a great product if you want dramatic length for your lashes. Now, the reason I said that it is an interesting take is the wand itself- it is shaped like a regular brush wand, starts off thick and gradually thins. The thing is, the wire bristles themselves are awkwardly bent. Idk if it was just my mascara that had the defect, but it had bristles poking around everywhere. However, they did manage to give me awesome results, so I'm not complaining too much. It did have okay staying power, but I did have some smudging issues with this product. This mascara is cheap for only $8, and I think this is one of those drugstore mascaras that is worth your money.