October 24, 2014 | 1769 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

This mascara needs to be discontinued. I bought this mascara when it first came out. I was skeptical, because I don't like Maybelline's mascaras. This was another added dissapointment. This does absoloutley nothing. It makes little stringy eyelashes that flake off in 5 minutes. I don't know how quickly this dries out because I didn't keep it long enough to find out, but I'm guessing it probably dries out fast. This is very cheap quality mascara. This is probably the worst mascara I've ever used. I do not reccommend this mascara, & I will never buy this again. If you're a true mascara user, & you know how mascara is supposed to work, don't even waste your time with this one. If there are over 1000 reviews, & the percentage that would buy this again is in the 40's, there's a reason why. Don't waste your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by eternalxluvv

A friend recommended me this mascara. It lengthens my lashes a lot but in a natural way so I like using this for school/every day purpose.

I wish it held the curls more though + gave some volume.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was awful! I put layers upon layers, and there was NO volume, and NO length! I have never had a mascara this useless... and i buy alot of them! Right now I have about 9 open mascaras... this is the worst I have.

I mean zero volume, no matter how many coats i put on. How does that even work?! Waste of money.

Might be ok if you already have long and thick lashes - i don't, and this was useless.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by 123456j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This mascara did absolutely nothing for me except weigh my lashes down... didn't give any significant length, hold curl, or volume. It basically looked like my own lashes except darker.... and it clumps easily if you are not very careful with applying. It was a total waste of money for me, chucked it after 3 uses. Would not recommend this to anyone, there are tons of mascaras out there which give much better results than this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first it was nice. Very clean, long lash look. Then after about a week, it started flaking so much it was not wearable anymore. And I'm not even someone who doesn't store makeup properly, so I think it's just the formula that dries out too quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Glasllyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wonder if those who gave it bad reviews purchased it from a place that didn't store it properly, e.g., too hot or cold, something like that. This mascara separates my lashes, doesn't clump, is just the right consistency- all around great product. I purchased it from a very busy drugstore (can I say CVS?), so maybe it's somehow fresher or newer than, say, Wal-Mart. I'm only speculating, of course, but I can't imagine hating this mascara.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by paolinda09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara works pretty well on me, I have medium lenghts lashes, and the mascara gives me volume and lenghts, with 3 coats it make your eyes "pop".

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by divinedobbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

After trying multiple mascara's, I finally settled on this one. I got it in very black, and the colour is true to it's word. I wouldn't say it's a miracle mascara, but the one thing it stands out for is lengthening..incredible. It does clump but I just run a brush through and it usually solves the problem. I have rebought it a second time, using it for now till I find "the one".

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by FAATb0yy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It didn't really do much for me, it just gives a generally natural look. It does flake and clump easily if you're not careful. I think if I had gotten the waterproof one it would be different. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by TMK6959

Meh. This is an OK mascara. Sure, it's better than NO mascara, but it isn't anything amazing or even great. Actually, I wouldn't even call it good.

If you're thinking about trying this, keep the following points in mind:
1. The finished look screams 'I'm wearing mascara!'. It leaves me with the telltale long, dry and spidery looking lashes that put so many people off drugstore mascara.
2. It clumps like nobody's business.
3. You want more than one coat? Forget it. It will clump.
4. It separates the lashes, but clumps. When I say 'clumps', I don't mean all your lashes clump together. I mean you end up with separated, long, thin eyelashes with little black clumps all over each eyelash.

This is almost decent for bottom lashes, but thats all. I won't repurchase. Container is cute.