Maybelline Lash Stiletto

3.2

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Acacia Senegal, Gum, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, Rayon, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Silk, May Contain ( /-): CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Titanium Dioxide, CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide).

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I saw nice length with this mascara :) I probably won't buy it again though, i REALLY hated the strong smell. It's also overpriced imo, the length was good but not THAT good. It does give nice length, but I've payed the same price for an even better mascara (CoverGirl Lashblast Fusion Water Resistant Mascara :D).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

****I purchased this in the WATERPROOF formula.****
My natural eyelashes are already pretty thick, but they're straight and very short.
This mascara is a *okay*...I was expecting to get super long, clumpy eyelashes, but I didn't get that at all. Instead, I got mediocre length and very few clumps. I guess I should be thrilled about the less-clumps thing, especially since I packed on three (!) coats, but I was really looking forward to getting lots of length like it claimed to give.
The curl-holding power, however, is great! (Maybe that's because I got the waterproof formula, though...?)
I'm really liking the definition this mascara gives me. It's not as defining as the L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes is, but it still defines pretty well. I used this in conjunction with the Maybelline Falsies Waterproof Mascara, and I got satisfactory results. The Falsies really amped up my eyelashes with volume, and it clumped up my eyelashes too, but with one or two swipes of Lash Stiletto, my eyelashes were clump-free and defined again without ruining the volume or length.
Would I repurchase? No, I'm still looking for the ultimate lengthening mascara.

on 3/25/2012 8:53:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara definitely does what it claims to do, and I did enjoy using it, but I am taking one lippie off because for me personally, it doesn't do enough to help me out. I already have naturally long eyelashes (I probably shouldn't have even bought this mascara, considering), and it did add length, but it did little to help in other areas. Still a great product!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Personally, i do not think this product worked well for me. It kind of pushed my eyelashes into like sets of 8 instead of fanning them about. I wouldn't recommend it for people who like really fanned out lashes.

on 3/20/2012 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The worst thing about this mascara is the brush!! Trying to apply the product with it is definitely a lesson in dexterity. I almost poked my eye out the first time! It's far from smudge proof and I find flakes of it in the weirdest spots on my face. Wouldn't recommend this messy mascara to my worst enemy.

on 3/19/2012 3:44:00 PM

This didnt flake or smudge or anything like that during my day.
The brush separates my lashes wonderfully.
1 problem... the smell...it smells weird, like off honey. Im not sure if anyone else has this problem

on 3/8/2012 12:08:00 PM

I have mascara from Red Earth, Avon, and Great Lash by Maybelline, however this one is now my regular mascara.
My lashes are non existent, but with a few coats of the stilleto, my lashes are suuuuuuper long.

It can be a bit clumpy, however I'm not a stickler for perfection. This mascara makes the lashes super super long. Love it, I will keep using this until a miracle happens and I find a better mascara than this one.

I'm seeing all the other reviews, but it did not flake for me, at all. It's just a bit clumpy, no big deal.

on 3/6/2012 12:35:00 PM

I've been using this mascara for more than 2 weeks now to test it and I hate it! I have short Asian lashes and it doesn't do much in lengthening, but rather make it clumpy and flaky. It flakes so much that my boyfriend is constantly wiping off black specks underneath my eyes when he looks at me. Anyways, I would not recommend this mascara.

on 2/25/2012 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I HATE this mascara. I've never had a bad experience with Maybelline mascaras until I tired this one. It did make my lashes longer but they were so clumpy and it flaked so much. I'm stick to my Maybelline Define A Lash

on 2/25/2012 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, I kinda figured that the people who gave bad reviews never test the mascara long enough. This mascara needs to be slightly seasoned to get it to its full power.

When I first tried it, IT FLAKED SO BAD that hurt my eyes. I was almost convinced that I got a bad buy. However, I am such person who will use whatever eye products to the full use. After testing the mascara for a week, it started looking better.

I have Asian lashes, so it droops straight down, short and quite thin. I started slowly at the base and slowly worked my way up and lightly coating the tips of my lashes for 2 times and I get SUPER NATURAL LONG LASHES that is slightly volumized. Which I think it's very wearable for everyday wear. I am wearing this everyday to school or to my part-time work. And it did not flake over the long period of time, did not smudge or budge when I rubbed my eyes sometimes. It's super waterproof as I needed to get an oil-based remover to remove it.

I took out one lippie because it can't hold a curl that well in comparison to the Kiss Me Heroine Make mascara which is my holy grail mascara for lengthening.

EDIT: It started become really flaky again and barely felt like I put anything on. It don't really lengthens anymore.

Popular Mascaras