Ecotools Five Piece Mineral Set (4 brushes, 1 case)

4.6

my friend recommended this to me cuz i was looking for a set of cheap pretty good quality brushes and i didnt want to buy online ( i wanted to buy the elf studio line brush set which was $30 ). is was only $10 !!! and the quality of these brushes is amazing! they are so soft, and they are really good for the environment, cuz theyre made out of bamboo and recycled aluminum.

only CON is that they kinda smell?
and they make my face slightly smell...

Purchase info: 10.99 @ Bed Bath and Beyond (they have 20% coupons but I ran out)
Intended uses: setting my powder after applying foundation (face brush), buffing & setting under eye concealer (small kabuki), blending eyeshadow (blending eyeshadow brush) and applying concealer specifically undereye (concealer brush), travel.
Pro's: holding up to its reputation, the bristles are wonderfully soft and do not shed. Overall I chose to purchase this set over the others because I felt I could each brush and none of them would just sit on my vanity with no use.
Face brush: very good at applying my powder. Does a good job at setting and does not leave me feeling cake-y at all. If I were still using mineral foundation (Bare Escentuals Fairly Light) I think this would do an amazing job. It picks up the pigment and powder well but then applies it to your face without concentrating the powder in one place.
Small kabuki: contrary to other's thoughts I think that this is a very usable brush despite its size. It's good for target coverage like your chin, middle forehead, under eyes and around nose. I think it does a good job at buffing.
Blending eyeshadow brush: I do not wear eyeshadow a whole lot. I was planning on giving this to my sister as she uses Ecotools as well and she was looking for a blending brush. I tried it a bit on my eye and I think it does a good job at blending out your crease. Fits quite well into that area.
Concealer brush: despite its size it does a very good job at concealing under my eyes and under my nose (to cover the bit of redness) and blemishes near my chin,forehead, cheeks, I think that this brush will also do well down the road as I use it more. The fibers hold well to washing and the makeup itself. I will most likely be washing this brush the most as I apply concealer everyday.
Cons: The brushes are small. I have small hands and they are all smaller than the distance between the bottom of my palm to my middle finger. However comparing these to other mineral foundation brushes, it makes sense. Also for travel it would be good.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this brush set yesterday. I already had the other set and I loved every brush. I bought 2 others that didn't come in either set, as well, and have them wrapped up with the other brushes in the carrying case they came with. The small bag these 4 brushes came with is almost too small, but they fit.. barely. They are just as soft as my other brushes. I like that these are mini; they make for a better travel set than the longer brushes of the other set. The best thing is everytime I wash these brushes, they never lose one strand. Ecotools are the only brushes I have except for two e.l.f. brushes, which just don't compare : )

I'm singing along to everyone's praises about these amazing brushes. I have to say that I don't use these for mineral make-up at but rather my liquid foundation. The powder brush buffs my La Mer foundation just as wonderfully as my Sephora Airbrush but at a quarter of the price! Also the baby kabuki makes my Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder as flawless as my MAC MSFN. And the concealer and eye shader are both wonderful...I find myself reaching for them more often than my MAC or NARS brushes!!! Would recommend them to anyone and everyone...best $10 I spent in a long time.

I haven't used these a whole lot, but I do notice that they don't dry well at all. I washed them along with the Ecotools bronzer brush and another set of Crown brushes. The bronzer one dried within a couple of hours, the Crowns after that, and the Ecotools set didn't even dry after overnight. I had to use my hairdryer on it >_<

While they are wonderfully soft, perhaps the individual ones are better.

So I wanted to buy the other 5 peice set but the only place I can get them is walmart where I live and I swear they are constantly always out of this Ecotools brushes! Anyways I really wanted to try this brand so I just bought this since it was the last and I was tired of waiting. I dont mind that they are the mini set since I have other brushes. These are sooo soft! I love it! I have sensative skin and other brushes have made my face feel itchy when I use them (even without makeup on them) They feel nice and are gentle on the skin.

The largest of the mini brushes applies powder very well. I like them all. They dont shed! Amazing! I have a much more expensive brush that sheds! boo! And at the store I even tested on a display by pulling on the hairs and they did not come out, which does happen on other brushes. I know you're not suppose to pull on your brushes but I wanted to test it on the tester :P. Totally a good buy! Great as an extra set. Cheap, soft, eco-friendly, feels nice to hold and soft on skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Well this product was good, Because i was a beginner when i bought this set. But now having seeing other products i would gladly buy them instead.
This is still a good product though for the everyday beginner, because it's easy to use and has very soft britles but one might find that the britles are too soft and won't hold the makeup proberly.
But i would not reccomend to those you want a Extreamly Good Quality brush set.

I love ecotool brushes and for a while, my local Wal-Mart seemed to have very few selections. I did come across this oneday and obviously I went right for it because it's always nice to have travel size brushes. I love how these brushes are so small and soft. They fit in my makeup bag perfectly and I love it! I only wish the kabuki brush was a tiny bit bigger

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Yes it's true these brushes are super soft, don't shed and last long,wash after wash.

Love these brushes! Ecotools has the most softest brushes I've ever tried. No bristles have fallen out, I've cleaned them many times and they are still just as soft and full as when I first got them. I have small hands so their small handles don't bother me at all, not sure how a normal sized person would like that though lol.
I think it picks up the products just fine and I love the mini kabuki. I'm hooked on Ecotools and will always buy their brushes. I got mine for about $10 and that's an amazing price for the quality of these brushes.

Popular Makeup Brushes