April 18, 2014 | 1875 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

I have been using this for about 3 months now and it has become my HG hair product. I have never used a hair product that actually made my hair look as amazing as it claims to do. Also, it works every single time I use it, so I can rely on my hair looking its best every time I use it.
I've converted many people to moroccanoil and none of them love it any less than I do. I bought the pump bottle size and I have the travel size one. You only need a teeny bit ( my hair goes a little past my shoulders) but i do use it ALOT. I use it as a leave in, as a heat protector when I straighten my hair, I mix it in when I deep condition and sometime just with my regular conditioner. I also mix a few pumps in with my hair dye when I dye it at home. I love that it has so many uses and I can really tell that it has improved the condition of my ends! Another thing I really love is that when I use it before I straighten my hair it stays straight- even if I'm super sweaty or its humid as hell.
Since I've fallen in love with moroccanoil I've branched out on the different products in the line and I now use the Shampoo and Conditioner ( the moisture repair ones, I alternate between these and the Suave Almond and Shea which is amazing as well), the hydrating styling cream- which I like to mix with some of the oil and then use, and the hydrating mask ( which I also mix with the oil sometimes).
I will never ever be without moroccanoil again! I highly recommend it. I know there are many dupes out there and I have tried several of them but the moroccanoil brand is the only one that performes this way. I highly recommend you give it a try and if for some reason you do not like it just return it! A+++

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by canadabanada

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am on my 3or 4th bottle of this. It works very well on my fine straight hair. The shine and softness is wonderful. Seems many complain about the silicone,but I guess my hair just loves it. I will continue to rely on this product. Healthy shiny hair just looks so great.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by kateyk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

hi all
i used this for a while and agree it made hair soft as my hair is thick but for kids it was no good if they have dry hair ( like after being in a swimming pool .
I later found out it has silicones in it and this just destroys hair
after much research i found someone selling products on ebay at a very reasonable price and they dont add any artificial chemicals or silicones
i used them for over a year now and had to share with you ladies here my hair and my kids hair has grown around 1 inch or a bit more every month since and it use to grow about 1cm a month ...
also its conditioning so great for dry ends not just growth allthough since its natural only a small amount is needed therfore lasts a long time , is cheap so it makes me happy also they make fragrance free products and fragranced as well as bath salts and body scrubs worth checking them out their name is lavish beauty and they have at the moment some hair care and body butters
i have messaged the lady a few times she is very hellpful and understanding and applies very good discounts even at times when she hasnt made any profit she also makes requested ingredients
worth checking them out..
much better then the whole in your pocket and silicone cotted hair with M oil..

thats my 2pence

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by wendiizhou

Great product for the hair. I've chemically straightened my hair and bleached it over the years so my hair is a mess and this definitely helps tame it and make it more managable and smooth. You need to be careful not to put too much on your roots or your hair will be an oily mess. I like to apply it when my hair is damp after the shower and then blowdrying it. It works great as a detangler and I would purchase this over and over again.

The reason why It doesn't get full marks is because at $50AUD a bottle, it's def. not cheap and being a glass bottle, I've dropped it in the bathroom whilst the bottle was almost full. It's also not very travel friendly and will leak.

Definitely a must by for damaged hair though, probably the best leave in treatment I've bought.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2012 6:50:00 AM More reviews by emmaapple96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product hoping for these 'life-chaning results' others have descibed on this website. Long story short, it's really not that good, it doesn't do much, gives a little bit of shine but nothing outstanding. Dove Nutri-oils serum is way better, and it's about $5 AUD. At least give it a go before you fork out the cash for this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by animix116

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have thin hair that likes to be at both extremes of the spectrum, if i straighten my hair (despite heat protectant) it ends up getting so dry extremely quickly and if i put even the slightest amount product in my hair by end of the day it grease city and when you have fine hair like mine the thing you want the most is a happy medium. needless to say i was so scared when my friend asked me to give this a shot and I can't thank her enough. I put this in my hair after I get out of the shower and allow it to air dry; afterwards my hair feels like silk and after only using it 5 times my hair looks and feels significantly healthier. It is expensive at $45.00 a bottle (which is made of glass which is not too portable) but you use so little of it and the payoff is so good that it is really worth the money and i would recommend this to anyone who is looking to make their hair look and feel better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have really long thick hair, and I find that this serum really helps it! I do not use it all the time, but when I feel my hair needs some pampering I use a small blob of this on towel dried hair, brush it in and blow dry it. Every time my hair is left extra shiny, smooth, soft and no tangles at all. I also use the shampoo and conditioner from this brand which are brilliant as well. My hair feels and looks great!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is extremely over hyped in my opinion. Sure, it leaves your hair more glossy and smooth, but what I reacted to was the ingredient list. You would think that it was the expensive natural oil in this product (argan oil) that made the difference because of the price, but you know what does it? 3 different types of silicone... and then some fragrance. THEN you get the oils.

Look:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed Extract (Linum Usitatissimum), Fragrance (Supplement), D&C Yellow 11, D&C Red 17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone

And this is what most people pay for? I guess it could make a difference for damaged hair that are not used to expensive salon products, but to me this was just biosilk with a couple of drops of oil in it. In other words: It made it greasy and heavy, even if I just used a small amount in my smooth hair. They mention argan oil and linseed extract in this, but they don't mention how much of it they put in it, do they? The ratio between silicone and dyes AND oil could be 10/90 for all we know. The only thing I like about this is the sturdy glass bottle...

I would understand the hype if this was filled with expensive and healing natural oils, but this was just so not worth the price. If you really want the experience without ingredients made in a lab, then you can order natural argan oil, which is indeed the ingredient they claim make this product so fantastic. And if you have hair that needs to be smoothed down, then why not buy an inexpensive silicone based spray along with it?

I may sound harsh, and I don't hate the people who love this product or anything, but really, when I see the price compared to the ingredients? Grr....

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by lia333

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Despite the price tag, which has increased $5 from the original $50 since this product went bananas, this really is one of my few hair product staples. I have fine, dry, frizzy long curly hair (which as you can imagine, is a nightmare to deal with) but this product really makes it shiny and less frizzy. I love how this instantly is absorbed into my hair leaving my hands free of any greasy residue, and instantly increases the shine and quality of hair + ends, and softens the hair. The effects last for a few days and when used regularly you really notice a difference. Believe the hype with this one :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

For some reasons, this product has taken the beauty world by a storm. Being a natural beauty junkie, I had to take this home with me when I stumbled upon it in Aussie.

I had high expectations since this has received quite some publicity, and raves on its performance. I hate to admit this; but this was a bit fo a let-down.

Well, yes... it does moisturise the hair and all, but what's lacking is that quick fix that automatically turns your hair manageable (you know, one of those products that instantly turns bad hair day to good hair day. Yes, there are such miraculous products!). I've came across a couple of products at the fraction of this price, that performed way better.

I would not repurchase this. It's pricey, and there are definitely drugstore hair serums out there that outperforms this.