Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

3.7

on 10/5/2010 11:07:00 AM

Love love love this mascara. This is my new HG mascara. i have tried tons of different mascaras but this is by far the best. I have super short, straight eyelashes and when i wore this even my boyfriend noticed that my eyelashes looked long :) its kind of expensive but definately worth ths price. The only down side is that it dries out kind of fast so you would have to repurchase it before you even finish the tube.

on 9/22/2010 11:05:00 AM

This mascara is incredible!! I have very straight, but long lashes and this makes them so thick and dark. It's expensive, but so worth it to me. Two coats and it looks like I have false lashes on!! HG for me!!

on 9/13/2010 7:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have finally found my HG mascara! The best one I had found was the popular Dior mascara, but I didn't understand all the hype because it had sooooo much fall out! But Smokey lash thickened my lashes while giving me NO fall out, which is a must. It does not weigh down my lashes and I love the wand, it really helps make my lashes thicker.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have only used MAC mascara for YEARS because 80% of the time i wear lashes so to me mascara wasnt such a big deal to really make a big deal about as long as it blended. As of late tho I have been wearing a lot of neutrals and dont wear lashes unless its a special occasion or im going out etc.

Smoky Lash is my new FAVORITE mascara. It works perfect for me. I use a lash comb to separate and it doesn't clump. People have asked me if I am wearing lashes and im just wearing smoky lash. I definitely recommend this mascara.

on 8/22/2010 1:15:00 AM

I bought this mascara after seeing how much the pixiwoos loved it. For some reason, it always flakes on me, and i almost never have this problem with mascaras. I've tried it with primer underneath and by itself and nothing seems to be working. Total bummer because I really love how black it is and how it looks on others :/ Will probably play with it some more, but i've already given it about two weeks of daily usage.

on 8/10/2010 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a self-admitted mascara junkie and this is my latest obsession. Smoky Lash is the best. It's dark dark black and makes my lashes look miles long. I didn't notice a big change in the thickness (a little, but not a lot). It also doesn't flake off or give me raccoon eyes at the end of the day. I'll definitely buy again.

on 8/8/2010 5:47:00 PM

love love this stuff. best mascara i've ever tried! when i first got it i didn't like it much so i set it aside for a few weeks. went to use it again and it applied like a dream. i'm not sure if letting it sit for awhile helped(i feel like it really did!) but either way, something happened that made it incredible. gives me awesome volume AND length. is quite expensive though for a mascara and since i'm on a budget i haven't repurchased lately but when i get a new job i'll be repurchasing asap!

on 8/4/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This may be my 4th tube of this mascara.. I went out on a limb and purchased a while ago when I wasn't much of a makeup junkie and oh boy........! Before this, I used to use Diorshow and I loved it. But that gave me more of a natural looking lash. Smokey lash gives you deep, dark, thick, voluminous eyelashes WITH A CURL without using an eyelash curler! I absolutely love that look on me as I don't really wear eyeshadow. Seems strange right? But I don't really have a lid for eyeshadow. The colors disappear in my crease. I like to stock up when sephora has sales. I just ran out =( This is definitely one of my FAVORITE mascaras ever. I don't mind splurging on such a good product.

on 8/4/2010 5:01:00 PM

Oh smoky lash!! This is a mascara that grew on me. I bought it because of all the hype and when I rushed home that day and tried it boy was I disappointed! I had horrible wet looking spider lashes!!! So poor smoky lash sat in my vanity for a few months before I decided that I couldn't waste a $22 mascara. Suprise, suprise, in those couple of months in a drawer the formula had dried up a bit and instead of wet sticky lashes I got soft full lengthened lashes with some of the darkest black colour I had ever seen. I soon found through experimentation that smoky lash works even better when used over a volumizing mascara (I use Maybelline Full and Soft). So all in all I really grew to love smoky lash and it's now my go to going out mascara. I find it a bit much for daytime and honestly just don't have the patiance to work with it in the morning. I took one lippie off because it is quite difficult to work with and you might have to wait two months before you're able to use it (I've heard this has happened to other ppl too so I know mine wasn't a bad batch or something), not to mention freakin expensive for a mascara, but was it worth it? Would I buy again? I think I would.

on 7/30/2010 12:18:00 PM

I really love this mascara. I was using Lancome but found it didn't give me thickness to my lashes. An associate suggested I try this and I'm glad I did! It builds length and volume without flaking or smearing. Another reviewer was right, you have to watch the layers, keep it to two, otherwise you will end up with clumps. Would definitely buy again.

Top Rated Make Up For Ever Products