Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

3.7

on 10/14/2010 10:43:00 PM

I just came off using Maybelline's Colossal waterproof mascara because it was so hard to take off. While it was relatively easy to wash off at night with my MAC Cleanse off oil, it was a pain to clean the smudges in the morning after applying. You know how you get those black smudges on your eyelids when putting on mascara?

Using a q-tip with an eye cream, I'd still have to do some major swiping just to get the smudges off. I was ready to go back to Department Store mascara. After seeing pixiwoo on youtube, I was excited to see how this fared.

It didn't do anything for my lashes. It applied nicely but failed to build or lengthen. This one is going back.

on 10/8/2010 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So far liking this mascara...a good mascara to me is imp. as most days its usually the only eye makup I wear. I have nice lashes and like to play up what I got...

My previous HG was YSL Faux Cils....and it remains to be seen if this compares. I didn't like how fast that dried up - and it was $30 a pop which seem extreme. I don't really need thickness but more so length and that delivered.

Bought this a while ago - and left in the hotel I was staying in the day I opened it !:( so decided to try again as I like alot of MUFE products (HD concealer = HG). So far I like how dark my lashes are (I have dark brown/black hair - so the darker the better) and seems to thicken and lengthen at the same time. With YSL if I wanted ultra thick and dark when I went out would have to layer with CG LB...(which on its own is crap IMO)

Don't know if it will dry up - will have to report back. I also like how much lighter the packaging is..the metal tube on YSL was nice - but added extra weight to my makeup bag ...

Pros: Adds volume AND length (rare)
Extra Black
Doesn't leave flake on me

Cons:
Pricy for what it is
Get the feeling it will dry out quickly
Not a good "layering" mascara...trying to do that just makes it clumpy looking...

on 10/5/2010 11:07:00 AM

Love love love this mascara. This is my new HG mascara. i have tried tons of different mascaras but this is by far the best. I have super short, straight eyelashes and when i wore this even my boyfriend noticed that my eyelashes looked long :) its kind of expensive but definately worth ths price. The only down side is that it dries out kind of fast so you would have to repurchase it before you even finish the tube.

on 9/22/2010 11:05:00 AM

This mascara is incredible!! I have very straight, but long lashes and this makes them so thick and dark. It's expensive, but so worth it to me. Two coats and it looks like I have false lashes on!! HG for me!!

on 9/13/2010 7:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have finally found my HG mascara! The best one I had found was the popular Dior mascara, but I didn't understand all the hype because it had sooooo much fall out! But Smokey lash thickened my lashes while giving me NO fall out, which is a must. It does not weigh down my lashes and I love the wand, it really helps make my lashes thicker.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have only used MAC mascara for YEARS because 80% of the time i wear lashes so to me mascara wasnt such a big deal to really make a big deal about as long as it blended. As of late tho I have been wearing a lot of neutrals and dont wear lashes unless its a special occasion or im going out etc.

Smoky Lash is my new FAVORITE mascara. It works perfect for me. I use a lash comb to separate and it doesn't clump. People have asked me if I am wearing lashes and im just wearing smoky lash. I definitely recommend this mascara.

on 8/22/2010 1:15:00 AM

I bought this mascara after seeing how much the pixiwoos loved it. For some reason, it always flakes on me, and i almost never have this problem with mascaras. I've tried it with primer underneath and by itself and nothing seems to be working. Total bummer because I really love how black it is and how it looks on others :/ Will probably play with it some more, but i've already given it about two weeks of daily usage.

on 8/10/2010 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a self-admitted mascara junkie and this is my latest obsession. Smoky Lash is the best. It's dark dark black and makes my lashes look miles long. I didn't notice a big change in the thickness (a little, but not a lot). It also doesn't flake off or give me raccoon eyes at the end of the day. I'll definitely buy again.

on 8/8/2010 5:47:00 PM

love love this stuff. best mascara i've ever tried! when i first got it i didn't like it much so i set it aside for a few weeks. went to use it again and it applied like a dream. i'm not sure if letting it sit for awhile helped(i feel like it really did!) but either way, something happened that made it incredible. gives me awesome volume AND length. is quite expensive though for a mascara and since i'm on a budget i haven't repurchased lately but when i get a new job i'll be repurchasing asap!

on 8/4/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This may be my 4th tube of this mascara.. I went out on a limb and purchased a while ago when I wasn't much of a makeup junkie and oh boy........! Before this, I used to use Diorshow and I loved it. But that gave me more of a natural looking lash. Smokey lash gives you deep, dark, thick, voluminous eyelashes WITH A CURL without using an eyelash curler! I absolutely love that look on me as I don't really wear eyeshadow. Seems strange right? But I don't really have a lid for eyeshadow. The colors disappear in my crease. I like to stock up when sephora has sales. I just ran out =( This is definitely one of my FAVORITE mascaras ever. I don't mind splurging on such a good product.