November 23, 2014 | 1905 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by doctordoom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

love love this stuff. best mascara i've ever tried! when i first got it i didn't like it much so i set it aside for a few weeks. went to use it again and it applied like a dream. i'm not sure if letting it sit for awhile helped(i feel like it really did!) but either way, something happened that made it incredible. gives me awesome volume AND length. is quite expensive though for a mascara and since i'm on a budget i haven't repurchased lately but when i get a new job i'll be repurchasing asap!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by rdrgz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This may be my 4th tube of this mascara.. I went out on a limb and purchased a while ago when I wasn't much of a makeup junkie and oh boy........! Before this, I used to use Diorshow and I loved it. But that gave me more of a natural looking lash. Smokey lash gives you deep, dark, thick, voluminous eyelashes WITH A CURL without using an eyelash curler! I absolutely love that look on me as I don't really wear eyeshadow. Seems strange right? But I don't really have a lid for eyeshadow. The colors disappear in my crease. I like to stock up when sephora has sales. I just ran out =( This is definitely one of my FAVORITE mascaras ever. I don't mind splurging on such a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by leeli86

Oh smoky lash!! This is a mascara that grew on me. I bought it because of all the hype and when I rushed home that day and tried it boy was I disappointed! I had horrible wet looking spider lashes!!! So poor smoky lash sat in my vanity for a few months before I decided that I couldn't waste a $22 mascara. Suprise, suprise, in those couple of months in a drawer the formula had dried up a bit and instead of wet sticky lashes I got soft full lengthened lashes with some of the darkest black colour I had ever seen. I soon found through experimentation that smoky lash works even better when used over a volumizing mascara (I use Maybelline Full and Soft). So all in all I really grew to love smoky lash and it's now my go to going out mascara. I find it a bit much for daytime and honestly just don't have the patiance to work with it in the morning. I took one lippie off because it is quite difficult to work with and you might have to wait two months before you're able to use it (I've heard this has happened to other ppl too so I know mine wasn't a bad batch or something), not to mention freakin expensive for a mascara, but was it worth it? Would I buy again? I think I would.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by vester1228

I really love this mascara. I was using Lancome but found it didn't give me thickness to my lashes. An associate suggested I try this and I'm glad I did! It builds length and volume without flaking or smearing. Another reviewer was right, you have to watch the layers, keep it to two, otherwise you will end up with clumps. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by littlegray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is well worth the money, and second to only Dior Blackout, because it can be a little clumpy if you aren't careful. The volume it adds is impressive, and it holds curl very well. My lashes looked long and full throughout the day. It does not smear or flake, which is great because I wear glasses and it doesn't leave specks on my lenses.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by diorcheriex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara. My favorite feature to play up is my eyes, so I like to wear a really dramatic mascara- and this is it! I have oily skin and this doesn't give me the raccoon eyes I have always had to deal with. Definitely love this product and highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by winkkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find this a fabulous mascara. I tried it without a primer to see how it would work on its own. I was surprised to see that the mascara without a primer built coverage, length, curl, and thickness. It does take a little longer to develop the amount of coverage for vavavoom lashes, but the time is definitely worth the end result.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, I think this is my 3rd time changing my review but I think I found a way to make this work for me. This is a time consuming mascara and I would not recommend this for days that you are in a rush. The trick is to use a light hand (don't wiggle the brush through the lashes because that makes the lashes clumpy). Use a lash comb to separate the lashes. Also, I notice that this mascara works best without a lash primer (ex. Shiseido Makeup Mascara Base) because this makes the application less smooth. Lastly, don't over apply...keep it at two coats.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by TheStyleWarrior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this with the Best of MUFE Kit. This is the best mascara I have ever tried including drugstore and high-end. It adds volume and length. I can't comment on the curling aspect because my lashes have a natural curl anyways. The mascara didn't disrupt the curl in any way, though. I usually put on multiple coats of mascara, and I'm able to get the same effect with 2 coats of this. If you go beyond 3 coats there is a little bit of clumping but this can be easily resolved with a lash comb as ling as it's done while the mascara is still wet. The consistency of this isn't very wet per se. It's not one of those liquidy mascaras. The only reason I would not repurchase this mascara (at least not on it's own) is because of the price. I find that my drugstore favorite Lash Blast Volume gives the same results. The length is amplified when combined with Lash Blast Length.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Ravishingx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

oh my goodness... this makes me look like I have 4 thick very dark lashes...its terrible. I wanted to love this I've tried both the aqua and regular formula and both have disappointed me. I get much better results with drugstore mascaras! NOT WORTH IT! Save your money and get yourself a real treat from sephora because this definitely is an over hyped product.