Baking Soda

Sodium bicarbonate

on 1/21/2012 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Used for physical exfoliation purposes one a week. After removing makeup and cleansing face, I use product as an exfoliant. My regular cleanser is Cetaphil, so I combine 2-3 pumps of cleanser with approximately a tbsp of baking soda. I apply to damp face, and massage in circular motions for a few minutes. This is the best exfoliant I have used, and it is so cheap. The granuales are so small, it is a great micro-exfoliant. I don't think I will ever repurchase a regular exfoliant from the store again. Holy grail status.

on 1/16/2012 10:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

After endlessly searching for my Neutrogena AntiResidue Shampoo in every store imaginable (and any other clarifying shampoo for that matter) I had all but given up and accepted that my hair would be an oily gross gunky blob for the rest of my life. I'm in college, and unemployed (classes take up too much time to work :( ) and so I've been finding ways to be frugal, but still look fabulous. Enter baking soda. I remember looking this up on MUA a while back, and decided to give it a shot. So I put some in a dixie cup, mixed it with my regular shampoo, and lo and behold, it worked! My hair was squeaky clean and shiny! Worked even better than my Neutrogena shampoo, which I swear by! I also used it as a gentle scrub for my face (once a week though!) and it dulled the redness in my breakouts and made my skin feel way smooth. It does a lot and costs so little. Definitely an HG product, and I'm definitely repurchasing!

on 1/13/2012 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Using Baking soda combined with an apple cider vinegar toner has completely helped heal my skin from the hormonal mess I had after going off birth control. I spent a fortune on products with very little success, and trying every other home remedy I could get my hands on, without resorting to harsh chemicals from a dermatologist. Been there as a teenager, did not want to go there again.

I've been washing my face, chest, neck, and back with a combo of neem and turmeric face wash mixed together with baking soda daily, and doing a baking soda mask, this time mixing it together with a lavender face wash, twice a week. Then I follow it with a Bragg's ACV toner, which I've made with half vinegar, half strong green tea, and about 15 drops of essential lavender oil. (Still smells, but is more bearable!) I put it in a small spray bottle which works well for my back and chest. And I spray some on a cotton pad for my face and neck.

In about 2 week's time, I've gone from having a major red breakout on my back and chest, and a few deep ones on my face, to about 85% healed. There are still a few areas that need more time, but I am so incredibly pleased. I will keep doing this! It is cheap, I always have it on hand, and it's easy to find no matter where you live.

on 1/12/2012 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I see there are lots of great ideas for baking soda. I personally use it to get rid of the gunk in my very long thick hair after too much use of hair spray, gels, or continuous use of the same shampoo. I dissolve 1 tbpsn of the stuff in a jug of boiling water, let it stand until its nice and lukewarm to warm and then rinse it through my hair while I massage the strands. You won't believe the crap that comes out of my hair. After I've shampoo-ed and conditioned my hair with my usual products, my hair is transformed- silky and oh so soft. Don't sepnd money on clarifying shampoos- just use baking soda.

on 1/11/2012 12:04:00 PM

I have just started using Retin A, and am experiencing peeling and a little tightness. So, I have been moisturizing a lot trying to keep the peelies away. I have always used a little baking soda with my cleanser to exfoliate, but that seemed to drying right now. I have started using 1 Tbs of olive oil, and 1 Tbs of baking soda, and it is great. Buff gently in circles, then wash with a gentle cleanser, it works fantastic! Reduced the peeling and feels healing to my sensitive skin.

on 12/19/2011 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used it as a facial scurb and mask didnt work. Caused several white heads (7) and my skin four days later is still reacting to it by breaking out. I would recommend. I also didnt change anything in skin care products Using angels on bare skin cleanser and rose and lavender toner

on 12/17/2011 1:08:00 PM

Best exfoliator EVER!!!!!! Cant go wrong with this ladies and gentlemen!

on 12/10/2011 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

BEST. EXFOLIATOR. EVER. tried em all, this is the best by far. A very dense scrub, you can really feel it working. At around 60p a pot, you can't go wrong, so I urge you to give it a go. If it doesn't work for you, just bake some cakes with the remainder :D

on 11/18/2011 3:04:00 PM

I put this in my facial wash when I'm washing my face as an exfoliater and it works pretty well! My pores feels very clean after the wash and some of my acne scars faded a little.

on 11/14/2011 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Who would have guessed?
I had clear skin until I left home for university. Suddenly my skin exploded with acne (deep cystic acne, pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, millia, you name it.) Every section of my face forehead to chin, cheek to cheek, under my jaw and around my eyes, was absolutely covered in painful lumps. Prescription antibiotics and topical treatments didn't work for me. I was cheer captain and a social butterfly before.....after the acne it was a rough time. SO :) This is what I did.
I started a diet of no grains, fruit, potatoes, corn, sugar, or anything that spikes insulin levels. (insulin is a 'fuel' for acne)
I use a baking soda mask every night.
I mix benzoyle peroxide with my moisterizer.
I cleanse with gentle cleaners, and avoid letting my face touch anything (including pillowcases, clothing, hands)
In two weeks I went from literally hundreds of acne marks to two pimples.
As one of my main acne fighting tools, I would highly recommend baking soda to anyone looking for clear skin.
Extremely cheap. Extremely easy :)

Popular Other Products