October 25, 2014 | 1694 users online

Other - Baking Soda

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by mcolon

I used it as a facial scurb and mask didnt work. Caused several white heads (7) and my skin four days later is still reacting to it by breaking out. I would recommend. I also didnt change anything in skin care products Using angels on bare skin cleanser and rose and lavender toner

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by elvira88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best exfoliator EVER!!!!!! Cant go wrong with this ladies and gentlemen!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Sambalina82

BEST. EXFOLIATOR. EVER. tried em all, this is the best by far. A very dense scrub, you can really feel it working. At around 60p a pot, you can't go wrong, so I urge you to give it a go. If it doesn't work for you, just bake some cakes with the remainder :D

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by sixjoy

I put this in my facial wash when I'm washing my face as an exfoliater and it works pretty well! My pores feels very clean after the wash and some of my acne scars faded a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by bluebelleyes

Who would have guessed?
I had clear skin until I left home for university. Suddenly my skin exploded with acne (deep cystic acne, pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, millia, you name it.) Every section of my face forehead to chin, cheek to cheek, under my jaw and around my eyes, was absolutely covered in painful lumps. Prescription antibiotics and topical treatments didn't work for me. I was cheer captain and a social butterfly before.....after the acne it was a rough time. SO :) This is what I did.
I started a diet of no grains, fruit, potatoes, corn, sugar, or anything that spikes insulin levels. (insulin is a 'fuel' for acne)
I use a baking soda mask every night.
I mix benzoyle peroxide with my moisterizer.
I cleanse with gentle cleaners, and avoid letting my face touch anything (including pillowcases, clothing, hands)
In two weeks I went from literally hundreds of acne marks to two pimples.
As one of my main acne fighting tools, I would highly recommend baking soda to anyone looking for clear skin.
Extremely cheap. Extremely easy :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by LollipopLovingXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Once a week this is amazing as an exfoliate. It also is great to mix with it shampoo as a clarifying treatment. If you use hairspray and other product in your hair you have to try it. I've experimented with it and have found that daily use is no good for my skin. However once or twice a week is perfect. My face always feels and looks so eventoned and soft after using it. I just mix a little in with my daily cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 4:30:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this! i have seriously problematic skin! I get cystic acne if I neglect my skin or use the wrong type of products. I've come to realize after 10 years of fighting acne that I need to exfoliate everyday! Some people will think that's too much but it works for me! ive tried the once/twice a week thing and had more pimples and blackheads then. The baking soda scrub allows me to exfoliate so often because it doesnt irritate my skin like other exfoliators do. Many other exfoliators contain many chemicals and unnatural ingredients that are irritating.
how i use this: I dampen my face with water, I pour the ussual amount of my cleanser into the palm of my hand (I use a foaming one from mac) then I pour a bit baking soda in too, mix it up and scrub away. Rinse. so I cleanse and exfoliate all in one go.
I usually feel that there is no need to use a toner after as i know all the dirt, makeup, dead skin have been removed! sometimes I use a toner just to check and it comes back clear.
The best part is that I can really feel my serum and moisturizer being absorbed into my skin afterwards and my face just feels so soft.
since starting this my skin has been so much smoother and clearer, my complexion is just brighter too. I'm so happy!
I can imagine it wont work wonders for everyone but it works for me and it's cheap!
Ive also tried it on my teeth.It's a bit strong so I limit the use on that area as it could be abbrassive. I cant comment on the whitening effects yet but it cleans quite well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by kus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I stumbled across this while looking for something for my pimples ( due to heat and sweat) . I have to say I am amazed ! Who would have thought that something so easily available would solve most of my problem.
I have oily skin and living in a tropical region it doesn't get better in the summer as i start to get heat pimple and open pores.
I was reading reviews from MUA on Friday and thought i'd give it a try when i got home. First application dried me out a bit , thats maybe because i left it on too long but when i washed my face my fingers were just kinda slipping on my face. Day 2 used less BS and mixed it with my face wash, was much better and my face didn't shine so much throughout the day. Am amazed !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been using baking soda as a facial exfoliant for about a month now, and it's working great. I use it every Sat and mix it in with my favourite cleanser to form a sort of paste - not too thick, not too runny, then I apply it to my face as if I was applying a face mask. I don't scrub, I just make sure all my face is covered (excluding the delicate eye area, of course). I rinse with warm water and that's when I scrub in small circles. Be careful not too scrub too hard as it is rather abrasive. Being gentle really does give the best results. Afterwards to help soothe my face I apply a generous blob of moisturizer, and that's it! Done.

It's dirt cheap and gets the job done. I started using it after I found that many scrubs would leave my face itchy and blotchy. So I really like it now that I can use a cleanser that I know doesn't cause me trouble, and the particles are very fine so feel like they really do help remove the dead skin. It's been awesome not having to worry about makeup catching in all the flakey areas around my nose and mouth.

As for storage, I poured my tub of baking soda into a decorative glass bottle with an air tight stopper. Makes it look a lot prettier! I'd definitely recommend this 'product' and I'll be buying it again once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by chloeandsue

Mixed with a cleanser this is the best exfoliator ever. Using it with just water is a bit too harsh though. I also add one or two drops of tea tree oil to the mix which makes it great for acne.