December 19, 2014 | 1736 users online

Other - Baking Soda

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by bonitajayne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Using Baking soda combined with an apple cider vinegar toner has completely helped heal my skin from the hormonal mess I had after going off birth control. I spent a fortune on products with very little success, and trying every other home remedy I could get my hands on, without resorting to harsh chemicals from a dermatologist. Been there as a teenager, did not want to go there again.

I've been washing my face, chest, neck, and back with a combo of neem and turmeric face wash mixed together with baking soda daily, and doing a baking soda mask, this time mixing it together with a lavender face wash, twice a week. Then I follow it with a Bragg's ACV toner, which I've made with half vinegar, half strong green tea, and about 15 drops of essential lavender oil. (Still smells, but is more bearable!) I put it in a small spray bottle which works well for my back and chest. And I spray some on a cotton pad for my face and neck.

In about 2 week's time, I've gone from having a major red breakout on my back and chest, and a few deep ones on my face, to about 85% healed. There are still a few areas that need more time, but I am so incredibly pleased. I will keep doing this! It is cheap, I always have it on hand, and it's easy to find no matter where you live.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I see there are lots of great ideas for baking soda. I personally use it to get rid of the gunk in my very long thick hair after too much use of hair spray, gels, or continuous use of the same shampoo. I dissolve 1 tbpsn of the stuff in a jug of boiling water, let it stand until its nice and lukewarm to warm and then rinse it through my hair while I massage the strands. You won't believe the crap that comes out of my hair. After I've shampoo-ed and conditioned my hair with my usual products, my hair is transformed- silky and oh so soft. Don't sepnd money on clarifying shampoos- just use baking soda.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Dusty00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have just started using Retin A, and am experiencing peeling and a little tightness. So, I have been moisturizing a lot trying to keep the peelies away. I have always used a little baking soda with my cleanser to exfoliate, but that seemed to drying right now. I have started using 1 Tbs of olive oil, and 1 Tbs of baking soda, and it is great. Buff gently in circles, then wash with a gentle cleanser, it works fantastic! Reduced the peeling and feels healing to my sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by mcolon

I used it as a facial scurb and mask didnt work. Caused several white heads (7) and my skin four days later is still reacting to it by breaking out. I would recommend. I also didnt change anything in skin care products Using angels on bare skin cleanser and rose and lavender toner

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by elvira88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best exfoliator EVER!!!!!! Cant go wrong with this ladies and gentlemen!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Sambalina82

BEST. EXFOLIATOR. EVER. tried em all, this is the best by far. A very dense scrub, you can really feel it working. At around 60p a pot, you can't go wrong, so I urge you to give it a go. If it doesn't work for you, just bake some cakes with the remainder :D

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by sixjoy

I put this in my facial wash when I'm washing my face as an exfoliater and it works pretty well! My pores feels very clean after the wash and some of my acne scars faded a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by bluebelleyes

Who would have guessed?
I had clear skin until I left home for university. Suddenly my skin exploded with acne (deep cystic acne, pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, millia, you name it.) Every section of my face forehead to chin, cheek to cheek, under my jaw and around my eyes, was absolutely covered in painful lumps. Prescription antibiotics and topical treatments didn't work for me. I was cheer captain and a social butterfly before.....after the acne it was a rough time. SO :) This is what I did.
I started a diet of no grains, fruit, potatoes, corn, sugar, or anything that spikes insulin levels. (insulin is a 'fuel' for acne)
I use a baking soda mask every night.
I mix benzoyle peroxide with my moisterizer.
I cleanse with gentle cleaners, and avoid letting my face touch anything (including pillowcases, clothing, hands)
In two weeks I went from literally hundreds of acne marks to two pimples.
As one of my main acne fighting tools, I would highly recommend baking soda to anyone looking for clear skin.
Extremely cheap. Extremely easy :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by LollipopLovingXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Once a week this is amazing as an exfoliate. It also is great to mix with it shampoo as a clarifying treatment. If you use hairspray and other product in your hair you have to try it. I've experimented with it and have found that daily use is no good for my skin. However once or twice a week is perfect. My face always feels and looks so eventoned and soft after using it. I just mix a little in with my daily cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 4:30:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this! i have seriously problematic skin! I get cystic acne if I neglect my skin or use the wrong type of products. I've come to realize after 10 years of fighting acne that I need to exfoliate everyday! Some people will think that's too much but it works for me! ive tried the once/twice a week thing and had more pimples and blackheads then. The baking soda scrub allows me to exfoliate so often because it doesnt irritate my skin like other exfoliators do. Many other exfoliators contain many chemicals and unnatural ingredients that are irritating.
how i use this: I dampen my face with water, I pour the ussual amount of my cleanser into the palm of my hand (I use a foaming one from mac) then I pour a bit baking soda in too, mix it up and scrub away. Rinse. so I cleanse and exfoliate all in one go.
I usually feel that there is no need to use a toner after as i know all the dirt, makeup, dead skin have been removed! sometimes I use a toner just to check and it comes back clear.
The best part is that I can really feel my serum and moisturizer being absorbed into my skin afterwards and my face just feels so soft.
since starting this my skin has been so much smoother and clearer, my complexion is just brighter too. I'm so happy!
I can imagine it wont work wonders for everyone but it works for me and it's cheap!
Ive also tried it on my teeth.It's a bit strong so I limit the use on that area as it could be abbrassive. I cant comment on the whitening effects yet but it cleans quite well.