Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

2.9

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2% Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyethylene, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Carrageenan (Chondrus Crispus) (Carrageenan), C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Polyquaternium 7, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Polysorbate 20, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Agar, Alumina, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Violet 2, Fragrance

Many people on this website say this product is crap... i believe it depends on your situation... I was 5 days away from my senior prom with mother nature's monthly surprise on the horizon and i broke out. Naturally any girl would be FREAKING OUT.. so i bought this product along with a acne cream and the thermaclear acne machine....my skin started to go down in one day. I love the smell of the pink grapefruit and saved me big time. My skin is very oily in some parts, so it dries everything up.. i love this product and would definitely buy again

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Only works for about a month or so, maybe a little longer then it won't stop pimples any more. It smells good and is good for regular cleaning if you aren't acne prone though!

on 3/13/2012 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I've used two bottles of this scrub (along with quite a few Neutrogena scrubs); it's not great, but it's not bad either.

It has won a few Allure awards, which is nice, but I've come to discover that there's a huge disparity between beauty editors and the MUA community.

It doesn't break me out, dry my skin, or significantly clear up my acne. I do like that it foams compared to the Redness Soothing Scrub. For the price (it's expensive compared to other drugstore brands), it's an okay face wash.

on 3/12/2012 9:23:00 PM

My sister bought this once and I used it a couple times before having to purchase it myself. I absolutely love this product. be careful about how often you use it, it has salicylic acid in it. if you use it too often your skin may become dependent upon the salicylic acid and start breaking out if you switch from using it everyday to not using it at all. also, i see that many people are saying it is painful to use or makes their skin really red/etc. are you rubbing the beads in your hands before applying it to your face, so that the texture becomes a foam? that's what the instructions suggest--i don't apply the beads to my face...the texture is a FOAM when it is applied to my skin. i have sensitive skin and it doesn't cause any irritation in the slightest way. I use it a couple times a week and it really helps to keep my skin clear.

on 3/10/2012 10:54:00 PM

I love Neutrogena products and the smell of pink grapefruit, so I figured I would try it. I tend to not have issues with acne, so I cannot speak as to what the results are like for that...but it is a very refreshing face scrub that makes my face feel clean an smell great.

on 3/4/2012 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for about a week now and I have noticed that you shouldn't use this scrub everyday. If you do you run the risk of drying the heck out of your face. You shouldn't use this scrub more than two or three times a week. In terms of the acne prevention and treatment this didn't drastically improve my skin nor did it cause any new pimples.

on 3/1/2012 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This scrub was alright. I wanted to give it a 4, but left it at a 3 for now because I haven't been using it that long. I wouldn't count on it helping acne any, seeing as the salicylic acid in it is just rinsed off your face right away and has no time to take effect, so it doesn't really work as claimed. But as a regular scrub, I like it. The smell is really refreshing, and it makes me look forward to using it every morning. I have found that it's a bit drying, particularly around my nose and mouth. But if you moisturize really good afterwards, it's not too big an issue. I just wouldn't use this if you already have issues with dry skin/irritation. Actually, I think I read once that if you suffer from sensitivity and irritation in general, scrubs should just be avoided altogether. For my oily skin, though, this works, and I most likely will purchase it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was looking for a new scrub, which is hard for me because my skin is sensitive. Clean and Clear was a bit too harsh, so immediately after that I decided to buy the Oil Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit collection on a whim. The scrub works amazingly! It doesn't irritate my face but it cleans and leaved my skin clean and tingly. In all honesty, I usually don't like the scent of grapefruit, but I love this scent for some reason. This product kept my skin clear and healthy for the whole time I used it. I will definitely buy this again!

on 2/16/2012 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE THIS!!!! Oh my gosh, to start, I have oily, acne-prone skin. I have some minor scarring, and this face wash has been an absolute miracle. I've been using it for about a month, and my skin has never looked better. I've gone two weeks without a single breakout, even last week when my monthly bff came to visit. This is absolutely insane, because, I usually have at least one pimple on my face. My face feels soft, refreshed, and my pores look unclogged. I've not experienced overdrying, even though we've had some cold spurts. I live in Florida, so usually my face is super oily, but the oil control with this is phenomenal!!!! I've also noticed my skin tone to be more even in general, and I have this nice sort of glow. I hope this rant helps the rest of you, because I'm absolutely in LOVE with this cleanser. =]

Update: Only works for about a month, and doesn't help with stress breakouts whatsoever for me. Bummer!

on 2/16/2012 10:08:00 AM

I wish I read the reviews on this before buying. I got the cleanser, not the scrub. IT KILLED MY FACE. I got hives, dry patches, flakey skin, and redness ALL over. It felt like I had a sun burn, and anything I put on my face, made it worse! It stinged, burned, and looked awful for a week.
YUCK!