Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

2.9

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2% Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyethylene, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Carrageenan (Chondrus Crispus) (Carrageenan), C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Polyquaternium 7, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Polysorbate 20, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Agar, Alumina, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Violet 2, Fragrance

on 5/14/2012 11:11:00 AM

Thought it was great the first few times I used it...but then my skin got all flaky and felt like it was sunburnt!!! It is way too strong to use twice a day (per label instructions). I feel like I've aged my skin several years by using this for only 3 days. :( Grapefruit smell is very strong. I might throw it in the shower and use it as a body wash...but even for that I would only use it every few days. I actually have oily skin and I am completely dried out. Flakes everywhere. :(

on 5/11/2012 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok, ive used this for about 3 yrs now. It can dry u out a lil., but i dont use lotion & shld. However about 2.5 months ago (while i had clear skin) i decided im 35 & shld be using more age appropiate natural skincare....and off i went. What a freakin mistake. I tried emience, sircuit skin, & juice beauty....and the last 2 werent horrible but did not keep my face fr breaking out. 3 days ago i decided w all these wounds (literally) on my forehead i had enough & came back to this scrub...3 days later im so much better off. My skin is finally healing. Ppl can say whatever they want....if u check these ingred u will found some great stuff in this product. Would i buy it again? Let me put it to u this way....if i found out it was being dicontinued id buy 20. I have to add that I am on Retin A and I use this wash once a day and I still have no issues with it drying my skin. Im wondering if some of the bad reviews are from over zealous users? I can NOT use this twice a day but once is perfect.

on 5/9/2012 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

So I bought this scrub since Grapefruit Cleanser was out of stock, which is what I usually use on my face and body. At first, everything was fine - if anything, it worked slightly better since it exfoliated my face at the same time. And then, something awful happened: One of those tiny beads got into my eye!!! I could barely open my eye to rinse it out, it was so red and teary, and my eyelid even started to swell! I literally spent like two hours trying to get the damn thing out. The little beads are actually a whitish/clear colour so you can't really see where it is in your eye, you can just feel it! Needless to say, will not buy again. Perhaps the beads should be able to degrade?

on 5/2/2012 5:36:00 PM

This stuff is great for people prone to acne & build up throughout the day. The scrub is great for getting rid of any dry skin etc, and it is so refreshing, I use it in the morning and it really wakes me up! It's gentle enough to use every day too which is great! I also use the Oil free gel wash, and I usually use this at night, just because 1. I don't want to use the scrub TOO much.... and 2. because it removes eye make up really well. I can look down and see all my make up running off my face as I'm washing it, which never usually happens, and it ends up on my cotton wool afterwards! The refreshing cent just MAKES me want to use it, it really is brilliant stuff! My flatmate is using the Oil free moisturiser to go with it too, so I'm thinking of trying that next, she says it has really helped to clear up her skin!

Overall an amazing skincare range, which I have to say, the only reason I was initially intrigued was because of the packaging and the scent... but it's really turned out great!!

I do not have an acne problem, but I do get the occasional pimples on my face. This scrub keeps pimples from emerging, my skin has never looked better! I use this scrub about 3-4 times per week and sometimes daily during PMS when my skin is more likely to break out. I love the pleasant grapefruit fragrance as it is not overpowering. Lovely product all around!

on 4/17/2012 10:23:00 PM

This is actually one of my favorite facial scrub. I love the smell plus it works so well. I don't have acne but it's still gentle on my skin. I won't ever stop using this.

Many people on this website say this product is crap... i believe it depends on your situation... I was 5 days away from my senior prom with mother nature's monthly surprise on the horizon and i broke out. Naturally any girl would be FREAKING OUT.. so i bought this product along with a acne cream and the thermaclear acne machine....my skin started to go down in one day. I love the smell of the pink grapefruit and saved me big time. My skin is very oily in some parts, so it dries everything up.. i love this product and would definitely buy again

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Only works for about a month or so, maybe a little longer then it won't stop pimples any more. It smells good and is good for regular cleaning if you aren't acne prone though!

on 3/13/2012 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I've used two bottles of this scrub (along with quite a few Neutrogena scrubs); it's not great, but it's not bad either.

It has won a few Allure awards, which is nice, but I've come to discover that there's a huge disparity between beauty editors and the MUA community.

It doesn't break me out, dry my skin, or significantly clear up my acne. I do like that it foams compared to the Redness Soothing Scrub. For the price (it's expensive compared to other drugstore brands), it's an okay face wash.

on 3/12/2012 9:23:00 PM

My sister bought this once and I used it a couple times before having to purchase it myself. I absolutely love this product. be careful about how often you use it, it has salicylic acid in it. if you use it too often your skin may become dependent upon the salicylic acid and start breaking out if you switch from using it everyday to not using it at all. also, i see that many people are saying it is painful to use or makes their skin really red/etc. are you rubbing the beads in your hands before applying it to your face, so that the texture becomes a foam? that's what the instructions suggest--i don't apply the beads to my face...the texture is a FOAM when it is applied to my skin. i have sensitive skin and it doesn't cause any irritation in the slightest way. I use it a couple times a week and it really helps to keep my skin clear.

Popular Scrubs