December 21, 2014 | 885 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Avon - MagiX Face Perfector

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by jbrassil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ordered this product about a month ago and so far, I am really impressed with it. I have really sensitive, acne prone skin, and this product has not irritated my skin at all. As soon as I put it on, I notice a difference in my skin. My skin looks smoother and my pores appear less noticeable. I use a mineral foundation over it and I have received numerous comments on how luminous my skin looks. I would definitely buy this again. One of the best primers I have tried!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Jenn09

I loved this primer, it helped my makeup stay on, made my pores not so noticable and it made my skin smooth. I have dry skin that flakes sometimes when I put makeup on and when I put this on before my makeup and after my face lotion my skin doesnt look dry at all. I will be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

I wasn't sold on this primer. After hearing great reviews about it, I purchased a bottle, and was very underwhelmed. It felt powdery on my face when I applied it, but I did like that it had an SPF in it. However, due to the powdery feel, it made my skin really dry, which in turn, made it impossible to apply my liquid foundation. I wouldnt buy this again, I prefer to use L'Oreal Studio Secrets Anti-shine primer. This product may work for those with more oily skin however.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love this primer. I put it on let set for a couple of seconds than apply liquid foundation. This smooths out my skin so liquid foundation goes on smoothly. About midday I do have to touch up shine with powder or blotting papers. But this a primer not a mattifier.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by jmcoco

I'm sad that this made others breakout. I'm not breakout prone fortunately. I'm on my second tube of this and love it. I have other primers including Clinique pore perfector, monistat chafing gel and Prime Time. I usually use the pore perfector if I'm doing make up for evening because I don't need the SPF and we all know that SPF isn't flattering in photos. During the day I use this under double wear light and clinique almost powder and I don't have to touch up all day...and I'm moderately oily. I'll definately keep buying this. I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by danabeltz

I am returning this item for a refund. Didn't do a THING for me, except give me the worst breakout I've ever had.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jjiyunlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Other primers I've used: Monistat Chafing Gel, Avon Tinted Magix, Rimmel Fix & Perfect

This feels very silicone-y on your face but it doesn't feel as thick as the Monistat gel. That is, it doesn't feel like you're spreading out a coat of protective substance on your face. However, while the Monistat gel feels as if it's just providing a smooth barrier for my skin, Magix feels like it's sucking all of the moisture out of my normal-dry skin. So, while my face feels smoother after applying Magix, it looks much drier and flakier. This also clogs my pores up and makes makeup stick to the blackheads it creates on my nose :-(

I can't say anything about oil control because my skin reacts to heavy silicone-based primers like Magix and Monistat by getting oilier than usual. Fix & Perfect is my favorite primer. As a result, I'm finishing this up on my dehydrated cheeks because I know they'll become oilier and "glowier" as the day goes on. ::sigh::

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by seattlegrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this product. It's a great primer. Makes my skin feel velvety smooth, keeps shine at bay. Haven't had any problems wearing either powder or liquid foundations over it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by lcharles9808

this product made me break out. Do not like at all. I would clear up my breakouts take a break from the product and than used again. and would have the same effect, more breakouts. i gave it a chance.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Ashalicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product, you get a lot for a pretty low price. It helps control shine and makes your skin really soft. I haven't used any other primers that I can compare it to, but I like this one. It's in a soft plastic wide tube, so you can get all of it out or cut it open to get what's left inside. It's great to wear alone as well, on days I don't feel like wearing my mineral make-up, I can just put this on and go. This product is sold by Avon.