Avon MagiX Face Perfector

3.7

Active Ingredients: OCTINOXATE 7.5% OCTISALATE 4.0% Other Ingredients: DIMETHICONE CYCLOPENTASILOXANE CELLULOSE CYCLOMETHICONE CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER ALUMINA ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER SILICA NYLON-12 HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER C30-45 ALKYL METHICONE C30-45 OLEFIN PEG/PPG-20/23 DIMETHICONE LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER POLYETHYLENE BORON NITRIDE PARFUM/FRAGRANCE TOCOPHEROL

on 6/17/2010 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have visible pores and an oily T-zone that gets worse during the warm weather months. This primer holds back the shine on my face for as long as 10 hours.

on 6/12/2010 11:25:00 PM

I ordered this product about a month ago and so far, I am really impressed with it. I have really sensitive, acne prone skin, and this product has not irritated my skin at all. As soon as I put it on, I notice a difference in my skin. My skin looks smoother and my pores appear less noticeable. I use a mineral foundation over it and I have received numerous comments on how luminous my skin looks. I would definitely buy this again. One of the best primers I have tried!

on 6/9/2010 9:22:00 PM

I loved this primer, it helped my makeup stay on, made my pores not so noticable and it made my skin smooth. I have dry skin that flakes sometimes when I put makeup on and when I put this on before my makeup and after my face lotion my skin doesnt look dry at all. I will be repurchasing.

on 5/27/2010 11:17:00 PM

I wasn't sold on this primer. After hearing great reviews about it, I purchased a bottle, and was very underwhelmed. It felt powdery on my face when I applied it, but I did like that it had an SPF in it. However, due to the powdery feel, it made my skin really dry, which in turn, made it impossible to apply my liquid foundation. I wouldnt buy this again, I prefer to use L'Oreal Studio Secrets Anti-shine primer. This product may work for those with more oily skin however.

on 5/22/2010 11:55:00 AM

love this primer. I put it on let set for a couple of seconds than apply liquid foundation. This smooths out my skin so liquid foundation goes on smoothly. About midday I do have to touch up shine with powder or blotting papers. But this a primer not a mattifier.

on 5/21/2010 10:52:00 AM

I'm sad that this made others breakout. I'm not breakout prone fortunately. I'm on my second tube of this and love it. I have other primers including Clinique pore perfector, monistat chafing gel and Prime Time. I usually use the pore perfector if I'm doing make up for evening because I don't need the SPF and we all know that SPF isn't flattering in photos. During the day I use this under double wear light and clinique almost powder and I don't have to touch up all day...and I'm moderately oily. I'll definately keep buying this. I love it!

on 5/18/2010 9:09:00 AM

I am returning this item for a refund. Didn't do a THING for me, except give me the worst breakout I've ever had.

on 5/16/2010 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Other primers I've used: Monistat Chafing Gel, Avon Tinted Magix, Rimmel Fix & Perfect

This feels very silicone-y on your face but it doesn't feel as thick as the Monistat gel. That is, it doesn't feel like you're spreading out a coat of protective substance on your face. However, while the Monistat gel feels as if it's just providing a smooth barrier for my skin, Magix feels like it's sucking all of the moisture out of my normal-dry skin. So, while my face feels smoother after applying Magix, it looks much drier and flakier. This also clogs my pores up and makes makeup stick to the blackheads it creates on my nose :-(

I can't say anything about oil control because my skin reacts to heavy silicone-based primers like Magix and Monistat by getting oilier than usual. Fix & Perfect is my favorite primer. As a result, I'm finishing this up on my dehydrated cheeks because I know they'll become oilier and "glowier" as the day goes on. ::sigh::

on 5/12/2010 9:46:00 PM

I really love this product. It's a great primer. Makes my skin feel velvety smooth, keeps shine at bay. Haven't had any problems wearing either powder or liquid foundations over it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this product made me break out. Do not like at all. I would clear up my breakouts take a break from the product and than used again. and would have the same effect, more breakouts. i gave it a chance.

Popular Primer/ Correctors