April 19, 2014 | 1579 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Avon - MagiX Face Perfector

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by danabeltz

I am returning this item for a refund. Didn't do a THING for me, except give me the worst breakout I've ever had.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jjiyunlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Other primers I've used: Monistat Chafing Gel, Avon Tinted Magix, Rimmel Fix & Perfect

This feels very silicone-y on your face but it doesn't feel as thick as the Monistat gel. That is, it doesn't feel like you're spreading out a coat of protective substance on your face. However, while the Monistat gel feels as if it's just providing a smooth barrier for my skin, Magix feels like it's sucking all of the moisture out of my normal-dry skin. So, while my face feels smoother after applying Magix, it looks much drier and flakier. This also clogs my pores up and makes makeup stick to the blackheads it creates on my nose :-(

I can't say anything about oil control because my skin reacts to heavy silicone-based primers like Magix and Monistat by getting oilier than usual. Fix & Perfect is my favorite primer. As a result, I'm finishing this up on my dehydrated cheeks because I know they'll become oilier and "glowier" as the day goes on. ::sigh::

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by seattlegrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this product. It's a great primer. Makes my skin feel velvety smooth, keeps shine at bay. Haven't had any problems wearing either powder or liquid foundations over it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by lcharles9808

this product made me break out. Do not like at all. I would clear up my breakouts take a break from the product and than used again. and would have the same effect, more breakouts. i gave it a chance.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Ashalicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product, you get a lot for a pretty low price. It helps control shine and makes your skin really soft. I haven't used any other primers that I can compare it to, but I like this one. It's in a soft plastic wide tube, so you can get all of it out or cut it open to get what's left inside. It's great to wear alone as well, on days I don't feel like wearing my mineral make-up, I can just put this on and go. This product is sold by Avon.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by inthepresenceofenemies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift with a magazine subscription. It actually worked well, I put on a bit on the dry areas of my cheeks before putting foundation on and it evened my skin tone out a lot. Only problem is that it gave me really bad spots, on the three areas I used it I got three huge angry lumpy spots, which isn't like me at all (I get the odd spot or blemish but nothing like these, which were really hard lumps and took DAYS to go away). No way will I even be using up the rest of this because of this.

I forgot to add, the spots it makes are really weird in that they are really big hard lumps, then they can pop and loads of gunk comes out, but then after youve done that and you expect the spot to disappear, they just kinda fill up again and you can pop them again the next day. Sorry to be so gross but there's no way anything but this product could have caused this (based on the fact it's the only new thing i've tried recently and it took 2 days to do this). I've never had spots like this before and it's driving me crazy!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by recklessabandon91

I hate this product. It does the opposite of what a primer should do, it goes on really thick and heavy and makes you feel like you're wearing a mask, although make up glides on really well over it, after about an hour i noticed it started to crumble and flake, and after about 2 hours my face just looked uneven and blotchy, not a fan. I use mac prep+prime SPF 50 at the minute which i do like, but i'm going to try the gosh one as i've heard it's very good!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by DestinyDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product worked great for me. I used to use the light smashbox primer which is very good too, but this is thicker and covers my pores better. It evens everything out really well, and could be worn alone without makeup at all.

The downside is that it has a little shimmer in it, which doesn't work well for older skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by koigirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not a fan. Felt heavy on my face. It did control my oil for a few hours, as opposed to not wearing a primer, but it's not worth the heavy, icky feeling of wearing it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by britt151

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I HATED this primer it did absolutely nothing but break me out and ended up making my face look even oilier i hated it