April 19, 2014 | 1923 users online

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by PolinaPorcupine

Love it

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by bena2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product a lot actually. it gives a good color and it also gives you a little sheen to your face. It blends well and i apply powder over this so my face isn't too shiny cuz i can get reallly oily. also it's really lightweight so it goes on nice and smooth it also doesn't clog your pores which is great...will buy again...update:so i wasn't sure if this is was making me breakout and i was really hoping it wasn't but i've come to the conclusion that it is and its nothing crazy but i would just purchase another brand instead of this one

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by bunnymasseuse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I swear by this product. I'm not a wear makeup every day kind of person, and I would be I suppose if I made time for it :) That said, I really REALLY love this item. I have sensitive skin, and suffer from mostly acne caused by Rosacea. I tend not to wear a lot of products on my face to allow my face time to keep calm, however there are times where I find myself in a situation where I need to put something over the redness and bumps and was not prepared with my makeup bag with me :) I gave it 3 for the packaging as it's hard to fit in a cosmetic case that's slim, but other than that, I find it is just heavy enough to stay on my face and cover but still is light in it's application. I don't break out after I remove it at the end of the day, and does not for me make my Rosacea worse which is always a good thing. Plus, I might use it more this summer since it does contain a small amount of SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by AngeliaJolie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was a powder girl - I went thru at least three Stila Illuminating Powder compacts a year for the past seven years. I always concluded that I was not a foundation girl nevermind a tinted moisturizer type. All this has changed with Sheer Focus - it blends gorgeously into my skin and feels so light. The SA at Sephora recommended that you should still wear a moisturizer underneath and I agree - it allows the product to blend more easily. Also the coverage is sheer so it not for those who want to hide blemishes. My recommendation is for those who have normal to dry skin that is generally blemish free. It gives a lovely glow. I highly recommend this product at $35 CA.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by rzkit25

I was quite hesitant to buy this product because tinted moisturizers usually make my skin look very oily. A salesperson at Sephora highly recommended it because it's oil-free and the price isn't too bad. I somehow convinced myself to try it.
When I first put it on after shower, it stings a bit. The color is fine - not too yellow or orange. But the coverage is very slight (which is expected since this is not a foundation). My biggest complain is that it makes my skin look so oily. I let my skin absorb the tm and put on the rest of the make-up at least 10-15 minutes after I put this on. Also, I blot my face several times a day. I do have sensitive/combination/oily skin so it's hard to find a good product. If your skin isn't oily, I think this is not a bad option but for me, I'd rather go back to my regular moisturizer and stay matte.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since this is classified as a tinted moisturizer, coverage is light but will still cover minor imperfections. It has a thick-ish consistency and evens out skin tone wonderfully. I am currently using a sample of Luminous, which is an okay match, although I suspect it's probably not the best color match for my NC30/ 1.2-2.0 light in BE/Nars Budapest complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by pinkmagdusia

This doesn't provide a lot of coverage, but it makes the face look so beautiful. Perfect for skin that needs very little correction. I have some redness in the cheeks and a couple of acne scars and this does okay to even out my skin tone. It doesn't cover the redness but makes it look less harsh.

The skin glows beautifully when using this. Perfect for the evening. I will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by cad82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this makes me look like i glow from within. unfortunately, every time i apply it, it makes my skin sting and i have red rashes on my face the morning after. it lessens when i use primer underneath the TM but the fact that this is labeled as a tinted moisturizer and causes my skin to dry out and STING... i will not repurchase and will find a gentler alternative.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by TwoBostons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried this in Luminous, and the color, or lack thereof, was fine for my light skin. It gives a surprisingly decent amount of coverage. I have some redness on one cheek and around nose and did not need additional concealer. I used a translucent setting powder on top. This product basically blurred my pores (nose/cheeks) to the point they almost weren't visible. I have normal skin, but can get a shiny nose, and did not need to re-powder during the day (mind you, it isn't summer yet!). The lotion felt a little heavy on, but did not look heavy at all. I would purchase again in a heartbeat except...it made me break out. I can't use most primers, either, so it's probably the same thing. So disappointed I can't use this! If you can tolerate primers, I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Annietwinkletoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this sight unseen based on the positive reviews here and have not been disappointed. I purchased the lightest, luminous and was worried on further ready to find out that it is billed as a luminizer (you'd think I might have guessed based on the name). It has turned out to be the ideal shade, though and not at all sparkly like I worried.

This TM is very creamy and spreads easily over my skin without becoming greasy or cakey. I have quite dry skin so I prep with serum, moisturizer, then sunscreen. With these priming layers I get a very natural, glowy finish. The TM itself is quite thick and creamy, so I wouldn't be surprised if those with skin not as dry as mine could get away without an additional moisturizer. I've found previous TMs greasy or too thick, or even too thin and streaky, but this settles perfectly and leaves my skin soft to the touch, not sticky, greasy, or dry.

I tend to break out easily and quickly if my skin doesn't like a product. I've had no breakouts from this, despite starting to use it when I would normally be getting hormonal acne.

I'm quite pale, a bit lighter than mac's nw15. Luminous is an excellent colour match, if a smidge dark. It's very neutral, pulling a bit more to peach than beige. The coverage is very sheer, so my freckles are still visible but my redder areas are toned down. I still have to use concealer around my nose and under my eyes, but both are quite bad due to allergies. This gives a very nice glowy look, without being shimmery. There may be some micro shimmer particles, but I can't see them. Altogether, it's very subtle and natural.

My stats:
cool to neutral ppp, dry skin. prone to product induced breakouts but not blackheads or cystic acne. some fine lines.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No