Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 5/21/2014 8:36:00 AM

My favourite mascara ever - drugstore and high end. It lengthens and volumizes like no other. It doesn't smudge on me and it doesn't flake.

Love, love, love.

on 5/19/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff works! Better than the new version - Colossal Cat Eyes, which was returned after one use. I have the darkest color, Glam Black. It gives volume and darkness, which is what I wanted. I use a curler before and after application. No clumping, easy to remove, and you can always find a coupon. Worth it!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

i have the waterproof and it does a good job of staying on when i test it with water, i get out of the shower and its still on. im not sure if it was only the waterproof mascara that smells weird, but it has this funky smell to it that my other colossal DIDNT (that wasnt waterproof) have. also i feel like its a messy mascara to put on, i get it all over my eye lids. overall it does volumize while giving a little length.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Lovely mascara, it creates long, beautiful, and full lashes. The mascara is ridiculously wet, and if you open your eyes while its drying, there is going to be mascara allllll over your eyelids. And like most other waterproof formulas, it's difficult as hell to get off. Lasts all day long though. Would definitely recommend.

on 5/17/2014 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I am biased when it comes to this mascara. Each time my mascara ran out, I would try a different type off the shelves, until I purchased this one. I buy this product, and no other over and over again. It is possible that it is a mediocre mascara and I simply do not know it, because I have not continued to experiment on what else is out there, but this mascara has everything I need.

It gives off volume, but not as ample amount, as it advertises. I use it in 230 Glam Black, which offers great definition. It's clump free (but only if you run the wand under warm water, every month or so) and lasts a rather long time, even with my everyday use.

This mascara is suitable for simple and natural make up routines, nothing more or extravagant. It's best for everyday work wear.

on 5/16/2014 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I love this product as it adds volume!!! Lashes clump though, which sucks. But a lashbrush will sort that out!!!

This mascara is defiantly not one of my favorites. It adds length but didn't separate my lashes at all or add volume like its supposed to. It also flaked off through out the day.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

Decent mascara, got this in Glam Black. To me it adds length but not really any volume, I have short, sparse, asian lashes. Might use it for everyday for a natural look or on my lower lashes because it goes on smooth without looking spider like. Not bad just nothing to write home about.

on 5/7/2014 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

*I uploaded a picture of my lashes curled and with Colossal*

Ref: I'm Asian w/ thin, longish lashes

I have the waterproof version and have been liking it so far! I've been using it for 2 weeks or so and it really holds up my lashes all day - morning to night! (on a work day too)
It lengthens pretty well, holds my curl and it's cheap! $6 at Target
No problem with flaking either.

The way I put it on is I swipe on one coat, let it dry a bit.. then go on to swipe on more coats by wiggling my way up and using the end tip to kinda individually swipe up! Letting the 1st coat dry first makes it able to lengthen my lashes with more coats! Otherwise this mascara does nothing :/

~I do use my Shu Uemura eyelash curler and other tricks that help keep my lashes curled all day!

I put castor oil at night on my lashes to GROW (and my eyebrows hehe) + curl with my Shu curler + put Colossal + and if I have time, I'll give my lashes more oomph and put on a coat of "Benefits They're Real"!

If I ever wear the Benefits They're Real, I HAVE to layer a 1st coat with Colossal waterproof!! Benefit's TR alone never holds on to my curl!! Grrr.

This is a really great mascara. It definitely gave me tons of added volume. I would totally recommend it for beginner mascara users because it's easy to take off and put on.