November 23, 2014 | 1063 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

i got the travel size, which is $15 but i think its still expensive. this can leave a slight white cask if applied too much. i looked ghostly white in flash photography. it made me skin feel dry... weird, which never happened to me with any kind of powder. i really wanted to like this...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by FatalGrace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I honestly was not impressed with this product at all. Not as much as i was impressed with the whole HD collection anyway.

it's an 'alright' product. I like the fact that it makes the skin feels very smooth/soft and it sets the foundation nicely. but other than that .. there's nothing special about it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Akaia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

not a fan. i swapped it for a coach perfume. a lot of people love it, but i didn't. i guess you really just have to try it in the store before you buy it. But if you are looking to camouflage pores, i can tell you this is not the best. too faced or benefit is your best bet

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Honestly was not impressed with this product. I bought the sample size and Im glad I didnt sink 30$ into the full size.
Packaging:The sample size is so small, its impossible to apply unless you are using a tiny tiny brush, for my preferred application method...just not feasible. I like to use a puff to place it in the t-zone, then blend with a large fan brush. Luckily, I was out of my ELF Setting Powder, so I dumped the MUFE powder into that container, which made at least application more sensible.
Performance: I found this to be incredibly hard to blend. Itís like it immediately soaks right into where ever you pat it, giving you no window for blending. With my NW-43 skin, Iím sure you can see my frustrations. It looks ok (I guess) once I spray some Fix+ over it, but if you look close, you can still see a splotchy mess. It does absolutely nothing as far as any kind of oil control. I feel like it almost gives my makeup a dull, caked on appearance. Its alright(I guess), but honestly, I like the 6$ ELF powder much, much more.
continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked up the MUFE HD Starter Kit with the Primer, Brush and Powder, and Foundation. I also bought the HD concealer. I was super excited to try these products because of all the hype they have gotten!

I have to say i was extremely dissapointed will all of these products! I currently use Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever foundation and powder and they outperform MUFE line in every aspect!

Primer: The Primer does not do anything to prevent oiliness in my t-zone and makes no difference in foundation application or staying power when applied before foundation. I prefer the Too Faced Oil Free Primed and Poreless primer which works wonderfully!

Foundation: The foundation does not melt into my skin and instead sits on top of the primer/skin and makes my pores look enlarged. It does not wear well and after work i can see where some of the foundation/primer has been absorbed by my skin and so my skin looks blotchy and this is NOT a good look.

Concealer: The concealer goes on nicely at first and then proceeds to dry out and cake into the fine lines under my eyes. Even setting it iwth the HD powder does not help. It has a horrible drying effect and just looks bad on older (over 40 ) skin. My fav concealer is Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and brightening powder

HD Powder: This feels okay going on and does mattify my makeup look but does not do anything to prolong the foundation lasting or help the concealer not congeal in clumps under my eyes. It is not any better than the same HD pwder by ELF or Smashbox.

Brush: I love the brush in this set and it is the only thing i would consider keeping.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddict11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very, very oily skin with huge pores on my cheeks. Attractive right? Haha. Well this stuff helps tons in controlling oil when used BEFORE putting on foundation and a small amount after. I recommend using a cosmetic sponge to lightly press into the skin or a dense brush. That helps to fill in the pores. Just be careful not to use too much. A white cast is never cute, especially on us dark skinned beauties.
Oh, and be practical and purchase the smaller container. It lasts for several months, even with everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Can seem slightly white if overapplied or not blended well, but with proper application, it sets foundation beautifully and looks natural. My GWP size will last me forever at the rate I'm using it -- once in a blue moon -- so seeing it's not essential to me, I doubt I'd ever get the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Fascinated

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This powder pairs perfectly with my MUFE HD foundation and gives my face a wonderful soft finished look while helping set everything and control oil. You don't need a whole lot, especially if you're using the duo-fiber brush they recommend with it (worth it, but check Crown Brush for a dupe before you buy.) My only problem is actually getting the powder out of the jar, as it's hard to get more than a tiny bit at a time if you're using the smaller travel sized jars. I get around that by shaking a bunch into the lid and using that. I don't think I'll ever use another powder again, this one is just too perfect and I can use it over anything from foundation to TM.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by diane894

I cannot believe I waited so long to purchase this powder. It is AMAZING. Hands down. I didn't want to invest on the regular size and end up disliking it and wasting my money on a product I was never gonna use, so I invested in the travel size for $16 to give this a try and I absolutely love it. I set my MUFE HD foundation with this and it leaves such a nice matte airbrushed finish. Just in case any of you are wondering I apply this with a kabuki brush. And also, just a tip, a little of this goes a long way :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best setting powders I've used. At first I was a little skeptical when purchasing it because it is a white powder and I thought it would leave a white cast on my face and it doesn't. It works great and I have no need for touch ups during the day. My only complaint is the sifter packaging, its very easy to make a mess of this, but I have the travel size and it will last me for ages.